Mishvmd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mishvmd
Re: The Little Inventor

Love the "graffiti" under the table as well! Neat little details!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Spectrum

trying to ride the floyd shirt craze.

FatMouse66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FatMouse66
Re: Science Class

Thanks a lot guys for the votes and nice comments, I'm ok with rejection if the staff thinks is off topic no big deal.
Thanks again

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: In Harmony

Perfect title. There's something very calming about staring at this one.

thatbiogeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thatbiogeek
thewayisshut wrote:.....Look, I understand there's sort of a huge controversy surrounding ramyb's designs. I'm not saying the following because of that. I would say this no matter who the artist was, and I'm not trying to be nitpicky.

....but, I'm sorry, I just don't see the experiment here. Okay, you dumped chemicals on turtles in a terrarium and they... died? Umm, duh? When was the scientific method involved here? This is still off-topic.

I would agree with you, if it were not for the inclusion of a control tank. I'm a biologist and I've guest judged quite a few middle/elementary school science fairs. One of the things the teachers tend to emphasize to the students is the inclusion of control groups as well as experimental groups. The ability to distinguish experimental effects from environmental ones is critical in science.

There are many shirts here that emphasize the scientific method less than this one. Some just illustrate scientific concepts.

Honestly, if this prints I'm buying one.

angelbabi523

quality posts: 11 Private Messages angelbabi523

GMV! Good Luck!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Green Symphony

O M G ! This is my fav! great execution! +1

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
ochopika wrote:My two voters, vote again please! I may or may not have OCD and had to fix the alien's right ear! That line was seriously out of place.

Oh don't tell me you haven't done that before!

Thanks for voting!

I'll tell ya what's out of place...
...This entry.

Off Topic

gretchenr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gretchenr
Re: The Color Solution

I love this!

joeffy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeffy
Re: Experimental Fail

Wow! after reading half the comments about this shirt alone there's only one thing i can say its a t-shirst for F's sake! i saw it. i was like "aw poor turtles", but i got it. and i did snicker a little. the only thing i would say about the design is that either the bottle should NOT have any specific chemicals on it or that instead of a bottle maybe there should be a collection of unmarked smaller containers with different color liquids in front of the green container. We're voting on a design here!. not the imaginary ideas and plausibility behind it. though its not a shirt i would own, i like it. and if i saw some one wearing i would get a kick out of it.

djtheatre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtheatre
Re: Stimulated Electricity

Collab with a friend of mine Jinx. He did the sketch and I did the color.

Enjoy.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

I don't know how I missed this one, but I love how simple, yet charming it is.

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
PixelPants wrote: your translucent red balloons deserve a prize of their own

I agree, those balloons look amazing

heatherrbean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatherrbean

My favorite shirt this week. On yellow too! I don't have a yellow shirt from here yet. :] I want this to print so badly.

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
joemail11 wrote:All you people wanted ramyb to get rid of his turtles. Then he kills them for you, and is met only with opposition! The mixed messages here are frightening.

lol they're not gone. they're still sitting in the tank. *for the record, I like most of ramy's t shirts, just not this one.

ocg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ocg

Actually, there would be an infinite number of "colors" in a spectrum. It's a continuum of energy of different wavelengths, and we perceive certain parts of the range to be specific colors. I'm thinking, though, that this is a good artistic way to fake the look of the whole spectrum and stay under the ink color limit imposed by Woot ;)

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: 18XX SCIENCE FAIRE SHOWDOWN

This is awesome! I like the smile on the robot on the left.

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: The effect of music on plantlife

Good execution of the concept. It was easy to understand the experiment!

wubupon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
blinddog3d wrote:I'll tell ya what's out of place...
...This entry.

Off Topic

astronomy is a science....

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley
jboshaw wrote:

i don't approve of any of the shirts that are geared towards animal cruelty. i've watched too many shows like criminal minds and csi, and the people that were cruel to animals as a child were always the ones that wound up as serial killers or something of the like.

So drawing a cartoonish picture of dead turtles equals inflicting actual harm on real animals. Got it.

And crappy police forensics programs give us insights into the human psyche that are applicable to real life.

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

areca77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages areca77
killmak wrote:I love it!

Thanks! It's one of those projects that I'm sure every kid in the US did as a part of beginning chem or science... ha ha those were the days

areca77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages areca77
awlwren wrote:This is really cute, but hard to see at first glance. Maybe if you moved the C3 further down to give it that classic hexagonal shape?

I was debating on this too and I was even going to do a V2 Resub because your comment but then I figured that a little kid & marshmallows would be imperfect.

But I must say, I loved your suggestion because I was pondering the same thing.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: The Little Inventor

Kind of a "Techno Harry Potter" ...I'm here.
Yes, keeps the eyes looking right here for a while!
No, stand still sweewtie, I'm staring at your wonderful Tshirt. They're... uhmm*phfff*
I mean, it ...IT is so ...detailed!

Nice POV, duochromatics, and drawing style. This shows a trained hand & a clever mind.

Good show, mate.
BlindDog

tehmalia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehmalia
Re: (Science) - (Fiction) =

hahaha!! This shirt is amazing, exactly how I feel during Chemistry classes. XD Hope it wins!!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

I love this shirt because it has sound effects in my head. It goes "nomnomnomNOMNOMNOM NOM NOM NOM", and that makes me laugh. You have to hear it to understand.

gayemeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
Re: Anyone Out There? (resub)

Oh I just love this!!!! I want this tshirt too. This and the 8 fold path. love it love it. don't touch those alien ears. They are perfect.

gayemeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
...This entry.

Off Topic

Bah--you are seriously mistaken. Astronomy is definitely science!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

...This entry.

Off Topic

Astronomy is science. Kids do science fair projects about astronomy and about life on other planets.

They often research astronomy for these projects by looking at the stars.

The alien doesn't make it off topic because:

Exhibit A: If imaginary things are off topic, then most of the posts here are going to be rejected.

Exhibit B: Aliens probably do exist somewhere in the universe, and they likely do science fair projects about life in outer space.

Nice play on my words though. I lol'ed.

bmelnyk0

quality posts: 41 Private Messages bmelnyk0
Re: Punnett's Misstep

I remember this in highschool science not middle school

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
kevlar51 wrote:Perfect title. There's something very calming about staring at this one.

Thank you! Titles are often the hardest part for me, so I'm glad someone else likes this one.

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
Re: Spectrum

Ok, it wasn't instantaneously obvious that this was supposed to be a prism because the angles are all wrong. Aside from all the other controversy, as a physics person, it's driving me nuts. From an artistic standpoint as well, I think it might work even better if the white light/roots were coming in from the left so that the scattered spectrum would end up vertical.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
midgerock wrote:If you don't like how I drew something or think something could have been communicated better, share that. But if the design's not your cup tee because of the content or you wouldn't wear it, don't vote.

I have one thing left to add, and then I'll move on.

There are three main parts to a design;
Concept - idea
Content - what is in the design
Execution - how it is done/presented

All three are equally open to critique. Critiques do not have to be polite, just honest. If you're going to show your art in a public forum, next to talent and ability, thick skin is a must.

Best of luck in future derbies.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Johndis5 wrote:I have one thing left to add, and then I'll move on.

There are three main parts to a design;
Concept - idea
Content - what is in the design
Execution - how it is done/presented

All three are equally open to critique. Critiques do not have to be polite, just honest. If you're going to show your art in a public forum, next to talent and ability, thick skin is a must.

Best of luck in future derbies.

I disagree. Critiques can be honest and also presented such they are not insulting or attacks upon the artist. The place to start is to focus on the art and not the artist.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jedipookie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jedipookie
Re: The Science of Splatter

That's BS~ I want one!

jedipookie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jedipookie
Re: Stimulated Electricity

So already dead turtles is a no-no. But Blatant animal torture is OK. and what middle school science fair would let a student look like a clown?

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
blinddog3d wrote:So, we can have corn walking and wearing clothes, but not animals?

I guess this derby is "Making something cute and we'll bend the rules for you.

Or, maybe I'm Blind?
BlindDog3D

Intentional or not, the rules specifically said animals, so we've got an awful lot of non-animated things that are expressing emotion and/or motion. It'll be curious to see if Woot expands the rule to include all the food that's running around on legs.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

Thanks everyone for your comments!

bmelnyk0 wrote:I remember this in highschool science not middle school

It probably varies per school system. I definitely did them in high school biology, but I also did them in middle school in the basic form depicted here.

hankescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankescu

Love the rat maze image

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: FrankenTater

This made me lol, go frankentater!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."