kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
jonbsan wrote:Jimmy, grade 8, created a time-space paradox with this innocent science project!

isn't this a steven wright joke? we've created a hovercraft

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan
Re: The Color Solution

Your voice could do the soundtrack for this...

equus17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages equus17
Re: Just Add Love (Version 2)

Music & Love, oh and that other stuff. That works for me!

zsinix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zsinix
Re: Cat physics vs Murphy's Law

I don't get the sandwich tied on the cat...

mvwade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvwade

The colors of the marshmallows seem too close together to distinguish carbon from oxygen and hydrogen. If you see someone walking around with this shirt on, its going to look like a bunch of squares in a random design. However, great idea, just wish it was more distinguishable.

michael wade

areca77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages areca77
mvwade wrote:The colors of the marshmallows seem too close together to distinguish carbon from oxygen and hydrogen. If you see someone walking around with this shirt on, its going to look like a bunch of squares in a random design. However, great idea, just wish it was more distinguishable.

I can see that being a problem for some but i was basing the colors off of real marshmallows. I remember how special the colored ones were when I was little and whenever I did this project in middle school they were all pastel colors.

I also like the more vintage feel the colors give. Thanks for the suggestion/comment... if anything the indistinguishable colors will evoke curiosity

wubupon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
timelessblur wrote:I am rather shock woot has not rejected this shirt yet. I knew it was a bad rip off but that picture makes shows how truly bad of a rip off it is.

You are right. Since Pink Floyd depicted a light going through a prism on their album, then no one should ever depict a prism in any form ever again in any work of art (especially not with a black background). Might there be a difference between ripping off and being inspired by?

lynngryphon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynngryphon
Re: The RYB color model

It took me a second to realize what the little girl was doing and when it finally clicked the first thing I said was "That's evil" with a bad case of the giggles. I'm still smiling!

It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. ~Anonymus

JRSly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRSly
walmazan wrote:The Color Solution

Guys, I made a video process when I did this shirt, maybe will be help full for you!

Note: its the full process and my english is not very good, but I hope works for you!

we will cover: Half toning, prepare the files for printing, and some spanish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjun0CnnoUo

This was really cool, thanks very much for putting this together. Though a big Photoshop user, I'm only just now starting to use it for shirt designs and the quick lessons on half-tones and color separation were great to watch.

I thought your English was just fine, you mkae a good host. I'd watch a regular video series of your tutorials. :D

bonezz322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
Re: It Wasn't a Potato!

Thanks for taking a look at our design!

hrottimxg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hrottimxg
zsinix wrote:I don't get the sandwich tied on the cat...

i think it might be buttered toast. since cat's landing on their feet. and buttered toast lands upside down.

fff

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

I don't think it's on topic. I do think it's a beautiful, very wearable design. If it gets rejected (which it probably should be), please consider holding onto it for another derby or submitting to Threadless or some such. It is quite lovely and whimsical.

DrWurm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DrWurm
Re: In Harmony

I'm an EE student concentrating in photonics. If this shirt does not make it to print, I will burn my eyes out with laser beams so I never have to be disappointed by the derby again. I can 100% guarantee that I will buy this shirt if it prints.

DrWurm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DrWurm
DrWurm wrote:I'm an EE student concentrating in photonics. If this shirt does not make it to print, I will burn my eyes out with laser beams so I never have to be disappointed by the derby again. I can 100% guarantee that I will buy this shirt if it prints.

Although, it does irk me slightly that the changing wavelengths of the colors are opposite what they should be. Violet should have the shortest wavelength and yellow the highest.

ccoutu2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccoutu2010
Re: Experimental Fail

My gosh! It's a freakin t-shirt, if you don't like it don't vote for it, heck vote everything else but this one so that it doesn't win. This is not PETA's fan club, yes the turtles have x's for eyes, but again....IT'S A T-SHIRT. If you don't like it don't buy it, but it would be a legitimate experiment regardless of it being approved or inhumane or any of the other whiney reasons mentioned before.

mretrane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mretrane
Re: Charlie bit me

Forgot to remove the boarder from the shirt upload. The actual shirt will not have the boarder… sorry.

jcmaziu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcmaziu
cherylfrancis wrote:I love this!

Thanks mate!!

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
Assassin15 wrote:I'm pretty sure your number 7. "Black" is either negative spaced navy blue (for the letters) from the shirt color, or the same gray (on the weapons) as on the cages.

Your number 8. "Aqua-Green" on the other hand, does look like a seventh color. That would also be a plausible mistake, since when he resubbed he may have accidentally used yet another green color.

I looked to see if I could see the extra green color when i discovered this

I dont know if you can see on this 'zoom' in.
Just above the right hand dead turtle in the halftone area - there appears to be three 'skull and cross-bones'
Illusion, accidental or intentional??

fventz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fventz

Dude, it's just a smudge. Stop acting like Dan Brown meets Watson.

flemtone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Perfect Chocolate Milk

This design is perfect. What makes it for me is the simple outline drawings in the back which, though not identified, are easily recognizable. It's a real 'Dexter's Laboratory' concept. "Behold!"

Got my vote - I think it's a great design.

jzlosman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzlosman
megadog wrote:I looked to see if I could see the extra green color when i discovered this

I dont know if you can see on this 'zoom' in.
Just above the right hand dead turtle in the halftone area - there appears to be three 'skull and cross-bones'
Illusion, accidental or intentional??

You don't need to zoom in or run a CSI "image refinement" script, there are 3 skulls floating up from the turtles. It is clear as day and it was intentional because it isn't hidden. I don't think "uncovering" these skulls means anything, we already know the turtles are dead.

bfz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfz

The graphic is just too small to make a wearable shirt IMO. Glad to see this one has fallen out of the fog.

I could care less about the controversy over the content of the shirt, but does it even matter if no one can see whats on the shirt in the first place?

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
jzlosman wrote:You don't need to zoom in or run a CSI "image refinement" script, there are 3 skulls floating up from the turtles. It is clear as day and it was intentional because it isn't hidden. I don't think "uncovering" these skulls means anything, we already know the turtles are dead.

I'm glad somebody else can see them. I didn't intend to put any meaning into them. It was the first time I had seen them and just wondered if anyone else had seen them or were my eyes just playing tricks.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Re: guts!

I think this is awesomely cool as hell. I wish people weren't such puds. This would totally rawk on a tshirt. I do hope you are able to get it printed elsewhere.

flemtone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages flemtone
Re: SUPERNERDS!

Many great subtle references in this design. The brooding look, the 'iron mouth', the posture ("I hunch."). All come together to make a really great design concept. It takes a few seconds to pull the references together, but it's had me chuckling all morning. Well played indeed.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
wubupon wrote:You are right. Since Pink Floyd depicted a light going through a prism on their album, then no one should ever depict a prism in any form ever again in any work of art (especially not with a black background). Might there be a difference between ripping off and being inspired by?

Certainly. But there is also being unoriginal and giving the appearance of blatantly 'cashing in'. And, more than anything, this submission does not fit the theme of 'science fair'. That's the bottom line, really.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: 18XX SCIENCE FAIRE SHOWDOWN

So many of my favorite Drakxxx elements here - the sta-puft like face on the bot, the mustachio-ed clock face, the Samurai haidate... But I really like the polka-dot kerchief bandaging - what is that, a muffler?

jonbsan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonbsan
hrottimxg wrote:i think it might be buttered toast. since cat's landing on their feet. and buttered toast lands upside down.

yup - buttered toast lands butter side down

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
ignorant wrote:Those hands look like something I've seen before.

something tea-like for us troll. ;)

Nothing follows.

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
dsgnGrl wrote:Dual entry by me and greystone9.

Details:

Well, I like the striped caterpillar picture, but there is no chrysalis, and the clockwise sequence of the stages seems off (since the "accurate" caterpillar is seen AFTER the butterfly picture), so this just doesn't work for me. And I wanted to like it.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
dwnmoser wrote:Aaaaaaaand this is why the Ramy hating is BS. You whine and moan, then when he does a design you actually like, you make it more about the designer than the design itself. Why should he bother listening to you people when straying from his aesthetic won't even make you happy?

Bunch of harpies, y'all.

I absolutely make it more about the designer than the design itself - this designer has proven over and over again that he's a Vogonity, and therefore i won't buy or vote his stuff. He gets enough money already from massaging the reckoning every week and pushing better shirts out.

In almost every other case the designer is not even a consideration.

However there is another guy on here, who has, unlike ramy, been caught tracing from stolen clipart. I don't vote on or buy any of his stuff either, because I assume even if he hasn't been found out specifically that he's probably been doing it again.

So yes, it's only about the designer if the designer makes it about the designer. With almost every other thing on this site the designer is not relevant, because they are neutral or pleasant people.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
DianaSprinkle wrote:Er, a lot of artist use a more natural shirt template instead of the official woot one. Woot doesn't reject for it unless the colors don't match. Shrug.

Agreed, but when it affects the look of the design, it's probably not a very good idea, now is it?

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

Now that's funny

GMV

bz84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bz84
DrWurm wrote:Although, it does irk me slightly that the changing wavelengths of the colors are opposite what they should be. Violet should have the shortest wavelength and yellow the highest.

These waves can't be light for two reasons: 1) visible light waves aren't as different as these waves are. Going all the way from red to violet doesn't even get you to the first harmonic; 2) if it were light, the equation would have c in the numerator, not v.

What irks me is that the v looks like a nu, which is another symbol for frequency. Nerds are never happy with anything.

mhrodrig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhrodrig
megadog wrote:I'm glad somebody else can see them. I didn't intend to put any meaning into them. It was the first time I had seen them and just wondered if anyone else had seen them or were my eyes just playing tricks.

I heard that if you wear this shirt backwards, you can see the words "Sad Satan."

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: FrankenTater

Love the texture on this!

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
joemail11 wrote:Wonderful execution.

I can't help but wonder (and I truly am wondering, not just leading in to my definite opinion on the subject) if the shirt looks better as per the submission, with the chalked square centered, or if the entire design were centered (including the flowers on the left).

Thanks!

I played around with the placement for a bit, and definitely faced the same question you’re asking. In the end, having the rigid border off-center just seemed awkward. The more organic flowers were a lot more forgiving in that respect.

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: Experimental Fail

I don't like this line "it's just a t-shirt get over it" if someone posted a shirt with swastikas, or Squid Nipplist on it, that line wouldn't cut it. Suppose, my not being from the US, I'll make an anti US shirt. "hey, it's just a shirt. get over it"

besides, making something that is offensive to people, is not a good marketing strategy. Despite Ramy being popular, this design keeps being pushed out of the fog this week by other designs.

MasterWolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterWolf
Re: In Harmony

Beautiful. I want it!

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
Re: Eeee! My Science Fair Experiment.

This strikes me as one of the few that's both on theme and buyable, and it got my vote.

Let's face it: if you stick with the strict interpretation of theme that most people seem to be gretching about, you'd reject everything but one shirt. That shirt would have a long table, three kids, a bored science teacher, and the following experiments: baking-soda volcano, pea-plant mutations, potato battery.

I wouldn't buy that shirt, becuase there's nothing inherently amusing or interesting about it. This shirt is amusing and interesting, and would get my cash.