bluejester

quality posts: 549 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Experimental Fail

It's funny, and I'd get it, but I think that the looks on the dead turtles might cross the the "No anthro-ed animals" rule. The living ones however, are pretty good in the non-expressive criteria.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen
be10der2me wrote:WOW! Someone who has never seen a Looneytoon or Merry Melody! I am AMAZED!

SG- It's nice to finally see an artist who knows turtles and tortoises DON'T have stumpy elephant legs!
GMV!

Haha, thanks be10der2me! If anything I may have rebelled too much against the dumpling-turtles and gone too far the other way. But real turtles and tortoises are scaley and lumpy and covered with bumps and ridges. Let's call this a celebration of that. :p

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Johndis5 wrote:Because Mutant forming ooze is found all over middle school science fairs all of the time.

I think the joke is that the kid put some poison on the turtles hoping it would be mutant forming ooze. But it turned out it was just regler ole poison.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
midgerock wrote:Thank you for taking the time to check out my design. I appreciate your feedback. I believe what complaints that you are previously mentioning had nothing to do with rehashed unorginal designs. I believe my previous complaints had more to do with the misinformed aspect of someone cheating. I understand how that could be confusing for since they sometimes go hand in hand but as to the my designs being unoriginal and uninspired and overdone, I am glad we live in a reality where each individual has their own subjective reality. Thanks again for your feedback.

This is very cute, Midgerock. I havent liked many of the previous Mentos/Coke designs, but I like the layout of this. The color choices also give it a kind of retro feel. Looks very good on the shirt.

As for the concept, it is not new, but it is very well known as a sort of kids' science experiment thing. Part of getting appeal here is touching on something people find familiar. Not many people will relate to an obscure scientific reference. I think you did a good job with the concept and Wooters will enjoy it .

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: Sky in a Jar

very nice boots! was definitely tough to make a science experiment "wearable" this week, but you pulled it off.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Eeee! My Science Fair Experiment.

You'd better resubmit it with consistent coloring. The rightmost girl and boy have hair colors that are different than the shirt and design detail previews.

kevlar51

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kevlar51

this is beautiful

paulandstacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulandstacy
kmtowers wrote:Ease up a little...

Clearly the designs biffo is objecting to (this one & one by ramyb) in this derby are not meant to represent real actions & are going for the humor that science fairs inspire. That being said, I can't wear a shirt (or vote for one) that has such a gleeful lack of decency, implied or otherwise.

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: Einstein-esque project

Imagine a science fair project that is all-encompassing: Paper volcanoes, magnetism, effect of coloured light on plants. You name it, you have it! Einstein watch out for this smart cookie.
Four colours on navy blue. Half-tones used for lamp light, volcano eruptions and rocket exhaust.
{{volmod edit: Advertising for your derby entry belongs in your signature, NOT in your comments. I have put your entry in your signature for you right now. To edit your signature and/or see what I did, please click on "my account," found at the top of the screen under your username. Thank you.}}

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: extinction theory

Resubbed with AI gradients which hopefully cut the mustard.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

Haha, it appears I've stricken quite a controversy. I'm quite aware of the other colors of light that have distinct wavelengths... a la the rainbow. This is just confusing as I assumed one would either have the three used in creating all the colors or all the colors...? Not the three with a random.

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: Punnett's Misstep

Nice Job! Reminds of Little Shop of Horrors Plant! GMV!

bluejester

Re: The RYB color model

What makes this funny is that we get to see the moments prior to the action. Sure it's a bit messed up, but then kids of a certain age are waaaaaay messed when you think about it.

The whole idea of "I took it apart to see how it works" line knows no bounds, either mechanical or living, at a certain age.

GMV

ApeLad

quality posts: 34 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Boron is the Fifth

Hooray for the fifth element on the periodic table!

bassanimation

Johndis5 wrote:Because Mutant forming ooze is found all over middle school science fairs all of the time.

Our middle school tried to keep the mutant ooze confined to the cafeteria.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

I like the illustration a lot, but I don't get it. To google I go!

bassanimation

Beautiful work, Boots! Such a lovely image!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: My Pet Turtle Weighs 6 Balloons

I really like the texture on the turtle. Nice work as always. Good luck my friend!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: batz haz sonarz!!!

this is my drawing of how a bat's sonar works.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Just Add Love

I think you chose the right one. This layout has style, jas'.

Cool. :^)

BootsBoots

Re: The color of light

So pretty!

nancyzas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyzas

Awesome slobbering T design. Way fun!!!

albatrosski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albatrosski
Re: Axons and Dendrites

Any suggestions are welcome.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel

I saw that experiment and you made it beautiful. Boots how do you do it?!

BootsBoots

BootsBoots wrote:I like the illustration a lot, but I don't get it. To google I go!

Oh yeah. I remember those now. Haha!

be10der2me

Re: Minor Modifications

LOL! Much better! I like this one!
GMV!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

Are you getting soft, warm and fuzzy on us or did they change your meds? LOL

BootsBoots

Re: The RYB color model

I love her rainbow braces!

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique

kevlar51

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kevlar51

Thanks for the nice reception all!

I added a wiki link on the OP for those of us who somehow got through their lives without referring to Punnett squares on a daily basis.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Assassin15 wrote:I think the joke is that the kid put some poison on the turtles hoping it would be mutant forming ooze. But it turned out it was just regler ole poison.

I can see the joke now, but I don't think you'd find actual poison in a middle schoolers science supplies either.

bluejester

Re: My Pet Turtle Weighs 6 Balloons

I love how you did the balloons and got the see through effect going on there. Also, love the coloring and look of the animal as a more realistic looking turtle, but still done in a funny way despite the real look.

Only one prob, and that is likely because I still feel like I'm waking up. The bumps on the back are so rounded at the back that they look like...umm...how to be descreet... (bewbs!)

be10der2me

Johndis5 wrote:I always love your stuff, but those frogs probably won't pass rejection.

I was thinking along the same lines but because of the text. Seems more than incidental!

djtheatre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtheatre
Re: Just put an F on there and let me go home

I love that this is fogging right now. this joke has always made me laugh so hard!

For anyone still wondering about the reference, Click here and skip ahead to 3:45

taternuggets

quality posts: 20 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Experimental Fail

Are we in reruns?

Nothing follows.

BootsBoots

parrotworks wrote:Are you getting soft, warm and fuzzy on us or did they change your meds? LOL

Shut up. Sometime I like pretty things.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

oh

ochopika

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Chalked Frog

Hello! I know someone else did a similar thing, I didn't copy, I swear. My guts aren't cartoons, they are chalk.

bluejester

Re: The color of light

Nice use of negative space.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique