gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Re: You are here

As a scientist i have read many studies related to rats in a maze so this would be cool to have. I also have certainly at times looked at a map and not had any idea where I was or should go. i am hoping this one prints.

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Re: (Science) - (Fiction) =

Glad to see it in the fog, I think this image would look really cool on an actual shirt. I'll be ordering one if it prints.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather
shellwithonel wrote:this looks kinda phallic in the preview.

So glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
fventz wrote:How is this not off topic?

Model volcanoes are pretty common at school science fairs.

###

I thought the sketch in the pre-derby thread was really cute. Unfortunately, the colors here remind me of poop.

icspots

quality posts: 3 Private Messages icspots
AlexIAm wrote:I like the idea of this, I just wish the planets/sun were in order... that's a deal breaker for me

That was one of the first things I thought as well, however upon closer examination you'll see that the planets are in order of proximity to the sun moving out from the "sun" at the center of the design. I think it makes it much more wearable than just having them in a straight line orientation.

musocat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musocat
Re: Resonance

Refreshing!

Nice design.

icspots

quality posts: 3 Private Messages icspots
Re: 18XX SCIENCE FAIRE SHOWDOWN

Is there some significance of 1754 or was that a mistake in the roman numerals given the shirt's title?

Nice design and I love the details, especially the "old school" accenting you don't see on modern combat robots.

priumdesh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages priumdesh
Re: Punnett's Misstep

I have to stop myself from buying too many shirts, but this definitely gets my vote. Now I'm all nostalgic for my college genetics classes...

copperchesnut

quality posts: 3 Private Messages copperchesnut
Re: Spectrum

You can't seem to win everyone over no matter what you submit... In general I find your designs appealing, and although I don't buy them all, I definitely understand why they win so often. I've noticed you branching out in the past few derbies and I was still drawn to your designs even though they weren't cutesy little animals. Kudos for that - I'm holding out hope for your minor modifications design this time, though.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Jatravartid Humans

I was gone and now im back!

So my dad is totally into having fun and drawing. When I told him about the derby he sent me some pen art and told me which colors to use where. Before I knew it he and I are entering this derby.

Have fun Humans. Hope you're all happy to know that we're all 3rd place science fair material.

:D,
StinkoMan

PockChicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PockChicken

As a fiber optic engineering student, this shirt is amazing in so many ways.

bluejester

quality posts: 556 Private Messages bluejester
triatomico wrote:Wake up. This ain't the Louvre. It's an Internet business that sells tee shirts with drawings on them.

I second this. I don't particularly care for this design as it reminds me too much of the rejected one from the India derby. That being said, the whole "You're such a sellout" line is an ad-hominem attack at best. Money is needed to run a business. I know there might be some long-winded rant that could attempt to counter this, but first it would have to ignore the fact that woot is trying to make money first and foremost.

Sorry, but it can get that simple at times.

rayhoughton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayhoughton

i like pie

Stop Using Dirty Catheters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMNVT02nuw

viscosity2004

quality posts: 7 Private Messages viscosity2004
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51950]Young Bell

This is probably the most clever design for this derby. Good job!

jbsski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbsski

I NEED THIS T-SHIRT!
I've been good about not buying woot shirts lately, but I need to have this.

mlgriggs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mlgriggs
Re: Science Class

I lovelovelove this shirt. It's a boy who designed a space station for his science fair, and when he test-launched it, he got carried away with it and became a constellation... How the heck could that not be so perfectly on-topic? I want one for me and for my son for all his past science fairs and for my grandson for all his future science fairs. Excellent work.

mlgriggs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mlgriggs
mlgriggs wrote:I lovelovelove this shirt. It's a boy who designed a space station for his science fair, and when he test-launched it, he got carried away with it and became a constellation... How the heck could that not be so perfectly on-topic? I want one for me and for my son for all his past science fairs and for my grandson for all his future science fairs. Excellent work.

Okay, satellite, I meant satellite, not space station! Duh... (I was a bad science fair mom, but at least nobody could say I did my son's work!) 8-)

lovepuff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lovepuff
Re: Dude, you Realize that's a Mold Experiment?

Is that a city skyline on the edge of the bread?

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
grrlmarvel wrote:Thank you for providing a close up of the piece. I loved it at first glance, but really am digging the texture on this. Very wearable, I would happily buy this one. GMV.

Thank you, you're very kind! And thanks again to everyone

mochika

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mochika
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51851]Just put an

"Well Explain it!"

GMV! This has to print.

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
Re: Prismatic Rose

I am glad you included the shadow. Nice touch.

WanderingRaccoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WanderingRaccoon
Re: Jatravartid Humans

Rules for this week's derby: "No anthropomorphic animals. Animals in experiments are okay so long as they're acting like animals."

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
thewronggrape wrote:Model volcanoes are pretty common at school science fairs.

###

I thought the sketch in the pre-derby thread was really cute. Unfortunately, the colors here remind me of poop.

hahaha. that's also why i don't eat chocolate. maybe on a rare occurance this one design should've been left in greyscale. thanks alot everyone for the votes i did get! more than i ever expected!!

VonMonkey

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The Prince Charming Theorem

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • No one sees you in your pixelated fish nets. And your black and orange beret.

thatrobert

Re: Bonsai for all Seasons

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.

thatrobert

Re: Young Bell

[url=http://BestLosers.com]

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: The Little Inventor

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Smart Kid's Revenge!

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: The science of making friends.

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: It Wasn't a Potato!

• This is not SPAM.

scifx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scifx
dreadwood wrote:I like the style on this. The guy's expression is awesome haha. +1

Thanks Dreadwood! I wanted him to look like a mad scientist.

cliff75

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cliff75

What I'd give for a full week that didn't have a single t-shirt comprised of the silhouette of a g-damn tree.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
crapface wrote:Congrats on making the fog!

PockChicken wrote:As a fiber optic engineering student, this shirt is amazing in so many ways.

Thank you both!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: The color of light

Gah, wish I could vote for this multiple times and get it back into the fog! I really like it and would definitely buy if it printed.

kwyjibo73

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kwyjibo73

Shouldn't the restrooms, food court and cheese kiosk be labeled? Maybe that's why the little guy's confused...

GMV!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Charlie bit me

Losing.

VonMonkey

thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.

Oh Robert, you know you'll always be my best loser!

posegate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages posegate

Out on a huuuuge limb here, but the experiment could be in reference to the CDC report on turtles carrying salmonella, and bleach being a disinfectant.

CDC Report

Esoteric1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Esoteric1081
WanderingRaccoon wrote:Rules for this week's derby: "No anthropomorphic animals. Animals in experiments are okay so long as they're acting like animals."

Which animal is acting like a human? Or do you have an issue with the alien?
I am pretty sure the rule to which you are referring is woot's attempt at keeping "cute" animals from preforming experiments and begging for a first place ribbon with big "puppy dog" eyes or bushy tails.