sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
posegate wrote:Out on a huuuuge limb here, but the experiment could be in reference to the CDC report on turtles carrying salmonella, and bleach being a disinfectant.

CDC Report

Yeah, that would be a pretty huge limb, especially since the artist already said it was specifically about TMNT. Plus the detergent was added later...it was originally a poison bottle.

Esoteric1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Esoteric1081
mist83 wrote:Hah, I think you've been hanging around a computer too long. The 3 primary colors are red, yellow and blue.

I believe the primary colors for light are different than the primary colors for pigment (as in mixing paint).
But then again, it has been about a decade since my last science class so I could be remembering incorrectly.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Esoteric1081 wrote:I believe the primary colors for light are different than the primary colors for pigment (as in mixing paint).
But then again, it has been about a decade since my last science class so I could be remembering incorrectly.

You're correct. The primary colors for light are Red, Green, Blue. The primary colors for pigment are Red, Yellow, Blue.
Go fig.

rayhoughton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayhoughton
lovepuff wrote:Is that a city skyline on the edge of the bread?

i always find that bread will take some shapes in your mind similar to the way clouds can appear as different object to different folks... especially when it comes to toast

Stop Using Dirty Catheters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMNVT02nuw

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
MachineAmbition wrote:Also, in reality, egg hatcheries either grind up male chicks while they are still alive or just throw them into plastic bags to suffocate because they aren't profitable. The only thing that is fantasy in this shirt is that it's done by a kid at a science fair.

Do you wish to adopt a rooster?

mianmianlee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mianmianlee
Re: The RYB color model

AAAAH this seems horrible! but hilarious. heh.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • No one sees you in your pixelated fish nets. And your black and orange beret.

Thanks for the nomination! Always its a pleasure!

Shaneremail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shaneremail

very clever I like the design and think it would look great as a kids shirt.

morleyt2009

quality posts: 2 Private Messages morleyt2009
ramyb wrote:thanks

As for it not being middle school material, I have never heard of teachers screening science fair projects before they are done. When I was in school, it was a surprise what your project was until the day you presented. This would obviously not fly from the perspective of a teacher, but for a student trying it and thinking it might work, this could totally happen. If we are looking at the end result and saying that's the reason it is not science fair material, then most of the fogged entries (which have already been defended by tgentry) should also be rejected for the same reason.

Though I do enjoy this shirt and haters gonna hate, I have to agree that all the school fairs I took part in required teacher approval before the testing began. Also, there is a rule in science fair that you cannot use vertebrate animals. However, for the purposes of this derby I don't see that as a real problem unless we are being totally serious about the topic, and when has woot been known for that?! Besides, if we are taking it so seriously then several other shirts should be disqualified for their unrealistic nature - potato mutants, frankensteins, cat landings, chocolate attacks, etc. So, go on with your bad self.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: The Science of Pi(e)

Everybody knows Pie R Round!

morleyt2009

quality posts: 2 Private Messages morleyt2009
Re: The effect of music on plantlife

There are several shirts with this experiment and this is by far my favorite. I just adore that rebellious little flower "playing" his friend!

ckreismer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckreismer
Re: Black Hole Mobile

I'm new to woot. How could I buy this t-shirt?

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
morleyt2009 wrote:Though I do enjoy this shirt and haters gonna hate, I have to agree that all the school fairs I took part in required teacher approval before the testing began. Also, there is a rule in science fair that you cannot use vertebrate animals. However, for the purposes of this derby I don't see that as a real problem unless we are being totally serious about the topic, and when has woot been known for that?! Besides, if we are taking it so seriously then several other shirts should be disqualified for their unrealistic nature - potato mutants, frankensteins, cat landings, chocolate attacks, etc. So, go on with your bad self.

Might just depend on the school. I brought my dog in for a science fair when I was little, never had to tell them ahead of time. The person my "experiment" was based on was Ivan Pavlov.

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
Azurett wrote:I really enjoy this style of rough-looking sketches! Definitely reminds me of observation sketches that one would put in a science journal(had to do some of that back in high school).

Thanks!

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
keeneyplk wrote:I love it! Human "beans" are always in a hurry to grow up, too.

So true

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Bonsai for all Seasons

voted to get your total off of 666. ;)

Nothing follows.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: The Prince Charming Theorem

This is great! Thank you for being on target with this derby!

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: The RYB color model

Again, wonderful design. Fits the derby to a flippin' tee!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Esoteric1081 wrote:Which animal is acting like a human? Or do you have an issue with the alien?
I am pretty sure the rule to which you are referring is woot's attempt at keeping "cute" animals from preforming experiments and begging for a first place ribbon with big "puppy dog" eyes or bushy tails.

I was just about to type that exact thing. :D

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: The Prince Charming Theorem

I dont have anything to really add here but I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE.

I like everything about it, the cuteness, the frogs, the cute-frogs. Great work it makes me smile overtime i see it.

rayhoughton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayhoughton

ooh i want a best loser award i'm totally losing

Stop Using Dirty Catheters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMNVT02nuw

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
icspots wrote:That was one of the first things I thought as well, however upon closer examination you'll see that the planets are in order of proximity to the sun moving out from the "sun" at the center of the design. I think it makes it much more wearable than just having them in a straight line orientation.

agreed.
Also, one of the better pluto-not-a-planet shirts.
Everyone's going to have their own opinion: someone not voting because of who the artist is? who cares, you don't have to like them. They aren't going to change your opinion and you won't change theirs.
move along.

mawkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mawkish
nemesis7 wrote:i think you are correct regardless of the color of the shirt
white
grey
light green -turtle head and legs
dark green - turtle shell
bright green - detergent
blue - halftones
different green on detergent bottle

There are definitely 7 colors here, not including the possibility of black having been used.

So why is this still not rejected?

ccazabon

Re: Experimental Fail

This shirt is both funny but also makes me sad for the poor turtles.

I think you should have gone with antifreeze, break fluid, or some other auto fluid that might commonly be found in a garage, since they tend to have those unusual colors where detergent doesn't.

I think this fits theme and agree with your comment (i believe on the rejected ver) that this is more plausibly a middle school or lower lvl experiment from a child who believes it may happen rather than an adult.

ccazabon

sTyLeS wrote:Yeah, that would be a pretty huge limb, especially since the artist already said it was specifically about TMNT. Plus the detergent was added later...it was originally a poison bottle.

not to mention the mini weapons hanging in the cage

dwnmoser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwnmoser
rocketjohn wrote:He gets enough money already from massaging the reckoning every week and pushing better shirts out.

You mean he's figured out an effective way to make money off a commerce site?? That greedy bastard!

gryphoncreation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncreation
ckreismer wrote:I'm new to woot. How could I buy this t-shirt?

these aren't actual t-shirts unless they get enough votes. at this point it doesn't look like this design will be getting that chance, but I'm flattered you like it that much. you can purchase shirts from the "today's woot" tab or from the "reckoning tab". The reckoning has a larger selection of shirts that you can actually buy, where as "today's woot" only has one. Once you've bought a shirt or anything from any of the woot sites, you can then vote for your favorites, so that designs like this one, will be voted for and then actually turned into real shirts. good luck, and happy woot-ing.

jcmaziu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcmaziu
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • No one sees you in your pixelated fish nets. And your black and orange beret.

Hahaha!! ... Thanks mate, i will try to win more of that badges.

mystymaples

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mystymaples

I don't quite get it, but I like it! Word problems were never my strong point. Nor math, for that matter

cdrewlow wrote:"Here's my finding's Mr. Johnson. My dog, cat and dad all weigh more than my duck, so they aren't wood, and aren't witches. My little sister did weigh the same as the duck, though, so she must be a witch. It's science. Truthfully, it's what I've thought all along, anyway, sir."

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Sky in a Jar

Thanks so much, guys.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
mawkish wrote:There are definitely 7 colors here, not including the possibility of black having been used.

So why is this still not rejected?

Here we go again...

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
taternuggets wrote:voted to get your total off of 666. ;)

Well, if the apocalypse happens in the next few days, we know who to blame!

meatpopsicle333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meatpopsicle333
Re: Experimental Fail

I for one will buy one if it wins. I think people read to much into it. What are we gonna start censoring Warner Brothers cartoons because those guys have been depicting animals getting killed since they could draw. Death is a natural part of life, it's not always pretty, fair or just it just is! I like Ramy's stuff and will continue to support him. Really people think about it!

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

sorry to get into this so late, but I always look at reasoning for rejections. The ramby turtle one has "experiments are not middle school level experiments;" another is rejected with "not seeing the science fair element"

These both seem to be applied inconsistently, and several of the high-scoring designs are science-y, but not necessarily science fair-y. as an example, is the ROYGBIV designs, there's nothing to tie the rainbows or prisms to a science fair as opposed to YAY RAINBOWS! or Pink Floyd tributes.

This has probably be hashed out a billion times already, but it's just my 2 cents...

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan
jerabatten wrote:I can't wait for this to print, so my fiance and I can have another shirt to fight over... I mean share lovingly

Buy two...if you're fighting over shirts now it may become a bigger issue.

fivfutdwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fivfutdwarf
mystymaples wrote:I don't quite get it, but I like it! Word problems were never my strong point. Nor math, for that matter

It's from Monty Python and The Holy Grail. Watch it. It will change your life.

joecool151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joecool151
ramyb wrote:I'm extremely confused by the initial rejection, and especially by the defense of other designs in the fog, but here is this design again. I thought that the concept was extremely clear the first time, but now I changed the bottle and specifically labeled it as detergent with bleach so there can be no question about what is going on in this design. I am also a little bit offended as a scientist that anyone would think this is a higher level experiment. We don't just dump chemicals on animals. This was clearly done with negligence and with no scientific method involved whatsoever, which is exactly what I would expect to see from the majority of students in a middle school science fair.

Thanks to everyone who commented and voted the first time around, hopefully you still like the design.

Don't feed the trolls ramyb, it's a good shirt and I'm not sure why all these people are herp derping on it but let the shirt speak for itself anyone who take the shirt for more than it's intended reference are just being Jatravartid. Let the shirt speak for itself. =) I'd be down for one.

musocat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musocat
Oxyminoan wrote:The only shirt in this derby I would actually buy and wear. Really hope this shirt makes it to print.

I'm so sick of all the cutesy and cartoony designs that fog every single week. For once I'd love an adult-geared shirt to win.

Amen. A lot of them look like 3rd-grader cartoons. Which is fine when they come from my own 3rd-grader, but he works for free :-)

ufly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ufly
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51851]Just put an

YOU MUST PRINT THIS SHIRT!!!! If you print it, they WILL buy it.

shellsandoval

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellsandoval