shellsandoval

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellsandoval

shellsandoval

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellsandoval
Re: In Harmony

Ah... the sound of music

jwaal

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal

Enviornment? That spelling of the word is alien to me.

aimee923

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aimee923
ufly wrote:YOU MUST PRINT THIS SHIRT!!!! If you print it, they WILL buy it.

Tell me about it! I totally love Brian Regan! "My name is Brian. B-R-I-V-O-L-the number seven-the letter Q."

aimee923

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aimee923
aimee923 wrote:Tell me about it! I totally love Brian Regan! "My name is Brian. B-R-I-V-O-L-the number seven-the letter Q."

Wow... I was so stoked about the tribute to Brian, I got the joke wrong... let me correct this! "My name is Brian. B-R-I-V-O-L-B-N-the number seven-the letter Q. BRENOMENENA. Look at my nametag.... It's big!"

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

Ok, so apparently my 3 year old saw this and said "caterpillar-cat!" and I'm quite sure we hadn't been talking about it beforehand. In other words, your depiction is so awesome the 3 year old gets it!

mfrugoli17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfrugoli17
areca77 wrote:I can see that being a problem for some but i was basing the colors off of real marshmallows. I remember how special the colored ones were when I was little and whenever I did this project in middle school they were all pastel colors.

I also like the more vintage feel the colors give. Thanks for the suggestion/comment... if anything the indistinguishable colors will evoke curiosity

no offense but....your not very good at taking suggestions. those few things would make your tshirt much better, esspecially about fixing the shape of the structure. I cant even recognize it as a sugar molecule.... The point of this shirt is that other people need to recognize what its supposed to be. it doesn't matter that a child's project would be imperfect, you should make it perfect so that its recognizable. also...i think it would be better if the marshmallows were a bit smaller because right now its hard to make out what the shape is supposed to be because they're too big.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
fivfutdwarf wrote:It's from Monty Python and The Holy Grail. Watch it. It will change your life.

CHANGE. YOUR. LIFE. :D

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

laughalot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laughalot
Re: Cat physics vs Murphy's Law

Hilarious! Great idea!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
jwaal wrote:Enviornment? That spelling of the word is alien to me.

HA HA HA.

He not only sucks at science but spelling as well. :P

Gally242

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gally242
Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

So the question is, is this the real results of the experiment, or have the findings been.. *gasp!* altered? I think that the poor kid found nothing happend that was exciting at all when they fed the CATerpillar, so they just went crazy with ideas! You can see the little still tiny CATerpillar eating the paper at the end and peeking though!

clay09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clay09

I get that the prompt was Middle School science fair and that's why the equation is so simple, but it just ruins the shirt for me. I'd definitely want this shirt if it included a more complex equation or no equation at all.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
dwnmoser wrote:You mean he's figured out an effective way to make money off a commerce site?? That greedy bastard!

Thank you Gordon Gekko...

Viraz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Viraz
Re: Punnett's Misstep

lol I really want this one, I'm taking a genetics class in college and we just went over these last unit. I think my teacher would find it highly amusing.

cmk01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmk01
Re: Experimental Fail

How did this design not make it into the fog??? Yet "Sky in a jar" made it. Is "sky in a jar" a thing? It has been many years since I was a kid doing a science fair project. Is some dumb thing in a jar a legitimate science fair entry.

And the Bonsai trees, what gives??? Just because you put them in a test tube to make it science fair-ish, doesn't make it exciting.

And lest we forget the "Spectrum." Isn't that just a rip off of the Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon album cover? I understand that Pink Floyd didn't invent the prism, let alone the visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, they just used almost the exact same image, without the rainbow becoming a tree.

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
walmazan wrote:The Color Solution

Guys, I made a video process when I did this shirt, maybe will be help full for you!

Note: its the full process and my english is not very good, but I hope works for you!

we will cover: Half toning, prepare the files for printing, and some spanish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjun0CnnoUo

To love is to share! Thanks for sharing your process Walmazan, it was very informative and fun to watch. I hope to get back into making designs soon and I know I'll be taking some tips from this video.

orevvero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orevvero

I like this desing WITHOUT the bottle of bleach! its hilarious and subtle enough

anisaze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anisaze
Re: My Pet Turtle Weighs 6 Balloons

I hope you don't change your style in the name of pleasing the woot community - perhaps it is simply the content that did not capture the fog; this shows talent, originality, and a style which is well developed, expressive, and finely detailed. It's a breath of fresh air, keep it up.

nickel103

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickel103

This is such an awesome shirt and I really hope it wins

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull
mrwednesday wrote:I'm not I'm following exactly what you've been convinced of but as someone who is a scientist the initial rejection was correct. Part of the requirements for funding agencies and departments is outreach into the community and as a result I have spent a fair amount of time coordinating and presenting for science clubs in our local area.

Any sort of mutation project is well beyond the reach of middle schoolers and junior high even into high school. What isn't beyond middle schoolers is that if you pour bleach on animals they die. The shirt is a poorly shoehorned attempt at a TMNT reference which has absolutely no basis in the theme.

With all of the controversy regarding ethical use of animals, there is no possibility even at the middle school level that kids are taking animals in the attempt to "do stuff to them." It's not responsible and it's not something that should be profited off of as a joke.

It's irresponsible and unethical and the fact that it would be allowed is personally insulting especially given the great lengths that everyone in science from the top down has to go through to ensure that animals are used in responsible ways.

As a biologist, I think you should lighten up.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Color Solution

thanks for all the comments! you rock!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
mystymaples wrote:I don't quite get it, but I like it! Word problems were never my strong point. Nor math, for that matter

Thanks! I would recommend Monty Python and The Holy Grail, too. It may not change your life, but it will help you understand more designs on this site.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Show Off

This shirt is hilarious!

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
musocat wrote:Refreshing!

Nice design.

Thank you very much!

CrispyTangelo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages CrispyTangelo
Re: Edison Plays Dirty

I love the design. I think that your message is very clear and I like the story it tells. My only critique is that Tesla's head is twice as big as Edison's. Voted anyway though.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
cmk01 wrote:How did this design not make it into the fog??? Yet "Sky in a jar" made it. Is "sky in a jar" a thing? It has been many years since I was a kid doing a science fair project. Is some dumb thing in a jar a legitimate science fair entry.

Yep, "Sky in a Jar" is a real experiment. A simple google search will tell you that, and the artist even included a link to it in the first post of that design's thread.

cmk01 wrote:And lest we forget the "Spectrum." Isn't that just a rip off of the Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon album cover? I understand that Pink Floyd didn't invent the prism, let alone the visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, they just used almost the exact same image, without the rainbow becoming a tree.

I'd like to point out the MASSIVE IRONY that you're railing on "Spectrum", considering RamyB did both this shirt and that one.

Shadowhunter312

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Shadowhunter312
cmk01 wrote:And lest we forget the "Spectrum." Isn't that just a rip off of the Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon album cover? I understand that Pink Floyd didn't invent the prism, let alone the visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, they just used almost the exact same image, without the rainbow becoming a tree.

Who would have guessed that awful submission is the same artist as this gem. The reason it is fogged is the same reason this thing is fogged, he has a rabid following. His third submission in the fog is actually pretty good in my opinion though. Man has talent, but seems to hate to use it. Sad really.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Glass bottle vacuum

...really? You made me click on this for that? I feel like I've wasted a "click" and I want it back. You owe me a click!

deltax20a

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deltax20a
dwnmoser wrote:You mean he's figured out an effective way to make money off a commerce site?? That greedy bastard!

The most delicious part of human psychology is understanding that when it comes down to it, the majority of his hater fan club are simply jealous they didn't think of it first.

But it still doesn't excuse his simplistic designs and re-use of previous themes. I've reserved my ramy vote for a week he actually thinks outside of the box.

djtheatre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtheatre
Re: Just put an F on there and let me go home.

I'm really enjoying how many people are brian regan fans. I'll be sure to let you know if I get this to print anywhere else. Thanks for all the support and votes.

myteemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myteemo

Wences, are you creating controversy over here?? jajajaja :D

Re: The RYB color model

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: Minor Modifications

I was quite pleasantly surprised when I opened this up and saw that it was RamyB, I never would have guessed. Props for going a different style.

I really like this, the colors appeal to me and I was always a space geek from a young age. This one seems to me to fit the theme way more than a lot of the other fogged entries and is clever and kind of topical. Kids in ten years will never understand the whole Pluto is no longer a planet thing and it's kind of a nostalgia thing to back when there were 9 and you could memorize their order with my very energetic mother just served us nine pizzas. It's not quite the same without the pizza.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
mawkish wrote:Totally loving the Land Before Time reference, too. GMV just for that.

I'm glad that people got that reference! haha. I was out of town for a few days so I didn't get a chance to check this too often or comment, but here's a late thank you to everyone for their comments and votes

hopsof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hopsof

You guys should all chill out. It's a tee shirt competition.

runnernick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runnernick
Re: The color of light

I love this design! I'll be very sad if I can't buy it. Oh, and a few things:

1. Red, green, and blue are the primary colors of light. There are, for all practical purposes, an infinite number of colors; there are "seven" colors in the rainbow because Sir Isaac Newton liked the number seven. There are NOT only seven colors in the visible spectrum, nor are there seven primary colors.

2. No, this does not look like a cannabis plant. At all.

Ryuzaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ryuzaki

I thought about posting something clever and logical and then defending my position like so many others before me, but then I realized no one listens to angry people on the internet. We just laugh at them.

So here's this:
RamyB, I love your work. You are a very talented artist and I'm glad you don't let pissy people keep you from continuing to submit your art. I've noticed that it seems that when someone does really well on here, people start turning on them like they did with BassAnimation with her Mirai shirt (which I'm wearing right now and love). I think it's a shame.

I do however second the notion that you branch out in styles. I think you do the cute stuff well, but are too talented to do just that. Since half my tshirts are of RamyB penguims, at this point I'm more likely to buy the Spectrum or Minor Modifications one than this one, even though I think it's funny and am not 4yrs old and offended at images of dead turtles.

golionsgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golionsgirl

Oh my.....I do believe that I am in love...

freshmints

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freshmints

I literally just learned that equation today in my optics class. XD definite +1 for that.

purplevanilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purplevanilla
paulandstacy wrote:Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't see the connection to a science fair here. Still can't figure out why this and a few others weren't pulled that are currently in the fog---waste of another week.

If you'll notice, she provides a link to the experiment...