Re: You are here

I hope you like it

advertisinggal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages advertisinggal

This one is just epic. Nice job.

aprilfrogs1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprilfrogs1

Thanks!!!

bluejester wrote:This actually is the first design in this derby to make me LOL. Don't know if it'll pass the rejectionator, but for now its got my vote.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
profbrendan wrote:Yo, someone get that kid a blanket, he's got hypothermia! Or he's a smurf.

Lovely design, Boots! My monitor's a little wonky, is this navy or black?

navy.

Thanks, everyone!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: guts!

those are the cutest and freakiest frog guts I've ever seen!!! If I had seen little faces when performing my frog dissection in school I would have been freaked out! btw, needs more msutache and congrats on the print today!

therabbit86ed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabbit86ed
Re: Heat Transfer

Do White Candles burn at a slower rate than colored candles?

White candles burn slower than colored candles. The darker the candle, the faster it will burn. White reflects heat away from the candle, so it will burn slower, according to MadSci Network. Black, on the other hand, absorbs light and heat, making the candle burn faster.

Thank you for looking and please vote if you like burning candles regardless of color.

advertisinggal

Re: The RYB color model

This is kind of messed up. Not in the way of horribly disgusting...just twisted. I'm debating whether I love it or have just lost my appetite.

advertisinggal

Re: But teacher...aliens ARE real.

This is my tribute to a boy's sci-fi twist to the traditional science project.

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
Re: Bonsai for all Seasons

I've never been to a science fair, but I like the idea of mini trees in test tubes

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
Johndis5 wrote:I can see the joke now, but I don't think you'd find actual poison in a middle schoolers science supplies either.

Anybody looking for realism in t-shirts is on the wrong web page by far.

hoxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoxe

Good lord, will the spens train ever stop? I pray it will not. Even though you keep getting printed, you manage to bring something unique and creative each week. Unlike certain turtle/bunny related designs from an individual that shall not be named...

hoxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoxe
paulandstacy wrote:Clearly the designs biffo is objecting to (this one & one by ramyb) in this derby are not meant to represent real actions & are going for the humor that science fairs inspire. That being said, I can't wear a shirt (or vote for one) that has such a gleeful lack of decency, implied or otherwise.

Well put. I'm the first to appreciate twisted humor but acceptance of this animal cruelty jokes just breeds acceptance of the idea.

lostradio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostradio
Re: The Nice Try Award - Story of my Science Fair Life

I am not second, third or fourth. for sure not 1st, but every now and then i am awarded for trying! award and feel the same love.

mikenytola

Kind of a bad reason to reject it. I think similar shirts exists fits a lot better. More like "rejection fail" imo.

"Animal mutation/radioactivity/poisoning experiments are not middle school level experiments (where we to school)"

And all of the other derby entries are experiments where you went to school? Kissing frogs? Pouring the sky out of a jar? Using a blender to blend birds for colors? Plants with tongues? Mutation/radioactivity/poisoning to create the Hulk? Testing magnets on chicks? etc. etc. etc.

midgerock

Re: Eeee! My Science Fair Experiment.

well done on this one uniique!!! hilarious scene you created! colors are balanced very well for the design! GMV!!!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Boron is the Fifth

aka A Scene from Multipass Middle School's annual science fair.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
bluejester wrote:What makes this funny is that we get to see the moments prior to the action. Sure it's a bit messed up, but then kids of a certain age are waaaaaay messed when you think about it.

The whole idea of "I took it apart to see how it works" line knows no bounds, either mechanical or living, at a certain age.

GMV

surely the teachers would stop the experiment before anything got out of hand

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Johndis5 wrote:Ok, but did you see a lot of people reporting on the results of poisoning their pets? Regardless of what you did at home or school, the fact is, poison is not something you'd find at a middle school science fair. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that animal + poison experiments are reserved for the big league scientists in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic fields.

One more gargleblaster! We used Mercury to float a 50cent piece in 4th grade! We used our BARE FINGERS to try and sink the money!
Are you kidding? Poisoning pets is least on your schools agenda!
School science labs are the LEAST safe place for your children!

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS

Why is it that because of the rule "no anthropomorphic animals" everyone then decides that everything else in the world needs to have faces on it?
Actually, there are several designs submitted that do have anthropomorphic animals and they haven't been rejected. Why is that?

midgerock

Re: batz haz sonarz!!!

really love how sharp and pops on the shirt!!! gmv!

mikenytola

be10der2me wrote:One more gargleblaster! We used Mercury to float a 50cent piece in 4th grade! We used our BARE FINGERS to try and sink the money!
Are you kidding? Poisoning pets is least on your schools agenda!
School science labs are the LEAST safe place for your children!

Wait wait wait... you mean formaldehyde isn't safe to drink???

paulandstacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulandstacy

Although I know this is a frog, "Great green gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts" is going through my head now.....

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: Sky in a Jar

Without the link I'm not seeing the experiment or science fair exhibition. No go. Sorry!

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Just Add Love

Hey, jas, thanks for being on topic. Not a lot of shirts are this week, imo. But yours definitely is. So thanks for keeping it real.

midgerock

this really beautiful! nice take on the theme! gmv

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
be10der2me wrote:Obviously there are "people" here with no sense of humor and have never seen frog in a blender!
I love this one!
GMV!

What's green and red and goes 10000 miles per hour?

paulandstacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulandstacy

There's always that one kid who shows everybody up.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
be10der2me wrote:Without the link I'm not seeing the experiment or science fair exhibition. No go. Sorry!

This week we want to see designs carrying on the tradition of middle school science with your depictions of the theories explored, science fair experiments themselves, or maybe just the chemical or physical processes involved.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
lostradio wrote:I am not second, third or fourth. for sure not 1st, but every now and then i am awarded for trying! award and feel the same love.

Beats the "participant" ribbon.

Nothing follows.

ward7299

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ward7299
Re: It could work...

it works in the movies, why not real life?

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
mikenytola wrote:Kind of a bad reason to reject it. I think similar shirts exists fits a lot better. More like "rejection fail" imo.

"Animal mutation/radioactivity/poisoning experiments are not middle school level experiments (where we to school)"

And all of the other derby entries are experiments where you went to school? Kissing frogs? Pouring the sky out of a jar? Using a blender to blend birds for colors? Plants with tongues? Mutation/radioactivity/poisoning to create the Hulk? Testing magnets on chicks? etc. etc. etc.

i agree with this, that is a horrible reason to reject with so many other entries having similar subject matter. it seems more of a hasty rejection because they just dont like it. i would resub ramyb, because the rejectioner needs to pay more attention sometimes.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Re: Boron is the Fifth

No lie, before I realized it was a Fifth Element reference, I thought they were stealing from Hitler.

On an unrelated note, I'm a big fan of your style! You've got very strong cartooning that definitely stands out on Woot.

megsck

love this! really cute characters and i am loving the zombie...that would totally be me in a science fair if i could get my hands on some radioactive goo. =)

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

mikenytola wrote:

Sky in a jar is a real middle school level experiment.

Blending birds, while not a real experiment (hopefully), is an experiment based on the color spectrum, which is middle school level science.

The plants with tongues entry is framed around a common middle school plant growth experiment, presumably gone awry. But there's no indication that the purpose of the experiment was something beyond a middle school science level.

The "Hulk" kid seems to be working on some kind of generic chemistry experiment and nothing suggests that it's past a middle school level of expertise.

Whatever the hypothesis the girl kissing frogs has, it's not above a middle school level and she's clearly at a science fair trying to prove it.

All of those can be seen as middle school level science, whether real or imaginary, while purposefully researching animal mutation via radioactive material is not. Per the derby rules: Keep it at a level you would expect walking into a grade school gym to judge a kid's experiment. Radioactivity's effects on animal mutation, which is what this experiment appears to be about, is not at that level. Hope this helps explain.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: You are here

YAAY rodents! Love this one, Naolito! I would buy 3 of these for sure. I'll share on my FB for my rodent peeps ^^. Great work! I especially like the shading on the ratty.

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51

very classy

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
neeznoodle wrote:
She was in consideration for an award for this project.

But lost?

Nothing follows.

megsck

i really like this, i think it would look awesome on the shirt. this was my nightmare when i had to dissect a frog in school, on one hand i was super curious and wanted to, but at the same time i felt bad for the little froggie and imagined his little organs crying when i cut them. =)

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51851]Just put an

Q: Well EXPLAIN it!

A: Well it's a cup... with dirt in it. I call it "cup of dirt".

+1 for the Brian Regan reference. I'd definitely buy this shirt because my family is always talking about this particular joke.