+ Add a Comment

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
paulandstacy wrote:Clearly the designs biffo is objecting to (this one & one by ramyb) in this derby are not meant to represent real actions & are going for the humor that science fairs inspire. That being said, I can't wear a shirt (or vote for one) that has such a gleeful lack of decency, implied or otherwise.

Then don't wear it.

crevelingma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crevelingma
ramyb wrote:Solar system dioramas were the most common thing to see from early elementary school students in the science fair when I was growing up, often accompanied by some info about planets, etc. At early ages, many science fair projects are more of small research projects to learn a little bit about a topic, and astronomy is a popular one.

Science Fair Trifecta:
Model volcano (often with vinegar/NaHCO3)
Model solar system (foam balls on strings)
Model Bohr atom (foam balls on coathangers)

Sadly, this was AFTER we taught the scientific method and the nature of experimentation. It's a rite of passage.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
ramyb wrote:If you think these shirts are similar then you missed the joke

If you think this shirt is similar to that other one that looks exactly like this, you didn't "get it."

oh, right. my bad.

Nothing follows.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
djtheatre wrote:I'm really excited to see how many Brian Regan fans are on here. this was the first thing that jumped out at me when science fair was mentioned. We'll see if it stays popular! I'm stoked!

Ha! Now if you can also work in some Jim Gaffigan, I will marry you.

deiden26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deiden26
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51851]Just put an

I heard this bit for the first time yesterday.

Fate? Probably not.

Still cool though...

nemesis7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemesis7
ramyb wrote:That is just a wrinkle from the shirt comp

lol time for woot to iron their shirts!

just a bit of fun but i got to say this ---

why are none of the planets/sun actually attached to their 'strings' lol

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
chumpmagic wrote:3rd time I have already come back to this design. I greatly enjoy it... no clue why.

the guts are talking to you.......

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
sTyLeS wrote:You list 6 colors being used, but there are obviously way more than that in the actual image. Unless you're using gradients or transparencies, which is also a nono.

I didn't/don't see that anywhere! Dino guy did gradients?

No sense in crying, see ya soon!

(Stomps off and fires up Brutus, the beastie computer!)
Thank you.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
ramyb wrote:This was clearly done with negligence and with no scientific method involved whatsoever

Agreed.

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

questionmarc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages questionmarc
Re: Experimental Fail

It's looking like Dark Humor is rampant in this derby. >.> Birds in blenders and poisoned turtles.

Although some people might look at this and think "Dear God, how could anyone do that to those poor defenseless animals?" You also have to understand that this is a graphic. No turtles were harmed in the making of this shirt. I'll also be laughing at those people whilst I wear this shirt (assuming it wins a placement).

I like the design. It's humorous in that dark and sinister way that always reminds me of middle school.

Also, I've been buying shirts for a bit (admittedly quite a few are Ramyb's designs) but I haven't posted in the community for very long. What is the deal with all the hate? What did Ramyb do exactly to garnish all this negative attention?

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51851]Just put an

Forgot about this joke, even though I *love* Brian Regan. Going to go watch his stuff on YouTube again :D

eflorcenceanderson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eflorcenceanderson
Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

I am so happy I clicked on this one! Seeing the whole image I love it! Great line work and very creative.I like the play on the hungry caterpillar.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Eeee! My Science Fair Experiment.

This got rejected by the woot rejectinator, then received a miraculous pardon. Oh woot gods, thou art merciful. Pls share your votes again eh!

Herein resides a large version. Look if you dare.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
megsck wrote:thanks, i approached this as if i were a kid again, this was very much me at a young age (and still kinda am) i was super excited about random things, most often nerdy things. something like a bats sonar abilities made me super excited and basically they seemed like super powers to me, so i felt the need to add the text to amp it up a bit, haha. glad you approve. =)

No wonder you're so good, if you drew like this when you were a kid

Love bright colors, I actually went muted palette this time and got rejected, but thanks for your fweedback. I fixed the background and went to upload and got a big load in my face.

Oh well, that's all the energy and time I could devote to woot, this week. Getting another Black Belt in Judo, this weekend. Gotta go practice. See ya next time, good luck!

+VOTE!
BlindDog3D
brUno

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
wordwitch wrote:Not to be a raincloud on this cute parade, but no video games is one of the rules and this seems to be a Mario reference...

It looks like a generic man eating plant to me, they have appeared in more than just mario, and even in places before mario existed.

If you look at the prederby thread, he was very careful to make sure it didn't look like one from the game.

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
runnerfrog13 wrote:Nice way to solve the awkward right-angle to the backgrounds! It looks really good

mmm I like this GMV

louie14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louie14

Is that on black?

neithersparky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neithersparky
Re: theraphosidae ver 2

A tarantula design!!!! <3 *is excite*

It probably won't get made though, few people like tarantulas. :c

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Should have made it a bottle of Surge soda. Do they even still make that stuff? Holy cow it would mess me up...and it was that funky, unnatural green...-shudder-

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

bassanimation

Re: You are here

HEEE FOG! Im so happy!! Rodents FTW!

Some rat trivia: This is a standard PEW rat, or pink-eyed white, commonly known as albino. There is a BEW, or black-eyed white rat, which is actually a dalmatian rat that isn't displaying any spotting. They are extremely rare.

Derp derp derp, this brought to you by Dorky Shawnna Records <3

Good luck, Naolito!!!

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
blinddog3d wrote:I didn't/don't see that anywhere! Dino guy did gradients?

No sense in crying, see ya soon!

(Stomps off and fires up Brutus, the beastie computer!)
Thank you.

Yeah, on the submission page on the left side it states: "Your Design Detail & Shirt Comp images must show halftones." That means no gradients.
The Dino shirt did submit gradients, but then he removed it, converted to halftones, and resubmitted.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
tortamus wrote:Looks just like my sulcata, Herbert J. Tortamus!
I must try this experiment at home...

Please remember to tether him securely first. ;-)

Thanks for the comments and votes everyone!

megsck

Re: Eeee! My Science Fair Experiment.

in a lot of zombie movies ive watched it always is some stoned teenager that somehow starts the zombie apocolypse...its totally conceivable =)

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
bluejester wrote:I love how you did the balloons and got the see through effect going on there. Also, love the coloring and look of the animal as a more realistic looking turtle, but still done in a funny way despite the real look.

My thoughts exactly.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Spiritgreen wrote:Haha, thanks be10der2me! If anything I may have rebelled too much against the dumpling-turtles and gone too far the other way. But real turtles and tortoises are scaley and lumpy and covered with bumps and ridges. Let's call this a celebration of that. :p

Heck yes! He is awesome! Even though the poor guy is scared to death... hahaha ohhh the things little kids do in the name of SCIENCE! But seriously, I always wanted a helium tank as a kid so I could make things float with various amounts of balloons... including myself, of course!

Well done once again, SG. I am still mourning the loss of Bundito last week so hopefully he will make it in the next DT! And I hope to buy this awesome turtle next weekend

megsck

blinddog3d wrote:Getting another Black Belt in Judo, this weekend. Gotta go practice. See ya next time, good luck!

Thanks!

you do Judo? i did it in college, i think i got up only to a 1st or 2nd degree brown belt, nikyu? i cant remember =( but i really only did it for fun and for exercise, im not much of a competeter. I went to San Jose State, they had a good teacher there, and a good team. =)

bassanimation

uniique wrote:This got rejected by the woot rejectinator, then received a miraculous pardon. Oh woot gods, thou art merciful. Pls share your votes again eh!

Done deal! :D

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

Great stuff, though I DID just buy another asphalt shirt of yours a couple of weeks ago...

JesseBYAH

Re: The RYB color model

Teeheehee... oh, Walzy Walzy Walzy... I can really respect the fact that when you ruffle feathers, it's over disturbing content, not lack of character, creativity, or originiality. I don't think anyone could get on your case when it comes to those 3 things

This is full of disgusting, disturbing win. I can't help but love it. I agree with Boots- LOVE the rainbow braces. What a great little way to insert some extra color. I won't go insane if this gets rejected, but I really hope it doesn't

sTyLeS

uniique wrote:This got rejected by the woot rejectinator, then received a miraculous pardon. Oh woot gods, thou art merciful. Pls share your votes again eh!

Why would it receive a pardon?
I guess they must have changed the rules of this particular derby to "oh heck, just submit whatever you want because everyone is anyway, and if we reject everything off topic then we won't be left with a derby". Or something like that.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
sTyLeS wrote:Why would it receive a pardon?
I guess they must have changed the rules of this particular derby to "oh heck, just submit whatever you want because everyone is anyway, and if we reject everything off topic then we won't be left with a derby". Or something like that.

Styles, how is this sub off topic?

darkcape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkcape

Freaking awesome got my vote.

sTyLeS

uniique wrote:Styles, how is this sub off topic?

The original rejection was "Biohazard's effects on human beings is not at a middle school level of science". And since it wasn't changed at all why would the rules all of a sudden have changed?
Plus the rules state: "Keep it at a level you would expect walking into a grade school gym to judge a kid's experiment."

I know I'm probably coming across as a crotchety old man, but it does bother me a bit that there are some who follow the rules and there are those who sidestep them without any repercussions.
I'm really not crotchety, although I probably am a bit older than many on here.

JesseBYAH

Re: The Prince Charming Theorem

This is adorable I think the frogs are acting animal-like enough for sure. I think the text is also incidental enough because the concept would still be pretty clear without it. Maybe I'm a little bias but woot would have to be pretty picky to reject it for the frogs... the text would be more understandable. I hope it stays in the race, though!

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: My Pet Turtle Weighs 6 Balloons

I really like the look of the balloons. Good one!
{{volmod edit: Advertising for your derby entry belongs in your signature, NOT in your comments. I have put your entry in your signature for you right now. To edit your signature and/or see what I did, please click on "my account," found at the top of the screen under your username. Thank you.}}

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Re: Sky in a Jar

prettyyyy!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
louie14 wrote:Is that on black?

I say, I say, I say, it be on navy.

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

Very good execution!

{{volmod edit: Advertising for your derby entry belongs in your signature, NOT in your comments. I have put your entry in your signature for you right now. To edit your signature and/or see what I did, please click on "my account," found at the top of the screen under your username. Thank you.}}