walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

The Color Solution

Guys, I made a video about the process of this 4 color shirt, and I want to sharing with you!

Very important note: its the full process (18 minutes) and my english is absolutely not very good, but I hope works for you, I think is nice to see what is the process for other artist, and maybe you have a better way and you want to sharing with us

We will cover: Half toning, prepare the files for printing, and some important spanish like "Donde esta el baño" and "Quiero mas cerveza"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjun0CnnoUo

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
walmazan wrote:The Color Solution

Guys, I made a video about the process of this 4 color shirt, and I want to sharing with you!

Very important note: its the full process (18 minutes) and my english is absolutely not very good, but I hope works for you, I think is nice to see what is the process for other artist, and maybe you have a better way and you want to sharing with us

We will cover: Half toning, prepare the files for printing, and some important spanish like "Donde esta el baño" and "Quiero mas cerveza"

This is great! I always love to see how other people go about creating designs, and this way I don't have to break into any houses and hide behind you while you work. Not that I do that sort of thing...

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
walmazan wrote:The Color Solution

Cool stuff. I love watching videos like this on the design process and seeing a piece come together.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Awesome! Thanks for posting, Walmazan! Out of curiosity, can you say what screen capture program you used?

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat

But .... but ... Where's the enchilada recipe? ;-)

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady

Like!!!

walmazan

tgentry wrote:Awesome! Thanks for posting, Walmazan! Out of curiosity, can you say what screen capture program you used?

The program is iShowU HD

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

Fantastic Walmazan! Great to see different techniques and to hear your voice.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

Awesome video, and your english is great! It's interesting to see how others work. Hopefully some other artists will share their techniques as well.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Love this video, Wences! :D Thank you for sharing.

walmazan

Thanks guys! I hope you enjoy it

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

I'm not a designer, but I really enjoyed watching that. I always love your designs, especially your color choices, so I liked seeing how you make the magic happen. Thanks for sharing with us.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

That was some quality video. I learned a few things and will try them out soon.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Fantastic stuff walmazan! I'm sad that the audio wasn't working for me except for your introduction at the beginning of the video. Thanks for sharing your process and talent.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I watched this earlier ... thanks for sharing walmazan, it was so very interesting to watch, and also nice to hear the friendly voice that goes with the friendly posts and cute designs!

paperclipjane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paperclipjane

Oh, wow! Thanks for posting, Walmazan - it is always a pleasure to see the artistic process, especially if it is from some one who seems to know the ropes of shirt.woot :D

Great video!

VOTE NOW FOR ZOMBIE SLAUGHTER!! IN THE ZOMBIES DERBY

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants

Really appreciated you going to the effort of putting this up walmazan. It's good to see the different ways people use the software. I admire how quickly you make it happen. My laborious work processes could definitely benefit from your proficiency.

walmazan

Thanks guys! I hope works for someone!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

That was awesome, Wences! And it was so fun, listening to you chat while you worked.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

I LOVE this video!! I hope you make more!

FretlessM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FretlessM

Thank you so much. This should be worth 100 quality posts.

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl

That was awesome! I struggle with the darn halftones and this was a technique I hadn't seen before. I will definitely give it a go next time.

elcharger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elcharger

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack

Very nice video
I've been doing it wrong!

Now if you could tell me how to come up with the ideas, plan, design and then draw them I think I'll be set!

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

thevalentin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevalentin

excellente video mi amigo!

http://www.twitter.com/thevalentin

anamya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anamya

Walmazan, thank you for the video! It definitely helps.

One question. How do you select all the yellow (or any one color) in one click? I normally have to click a lot of times for each blob of that color that I want to select.

Flipit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flipit

Staff

Get your magic wand tool(Photoshop). Look up at the top of your window and deselect 'Contiguous'. Set the tolerance at 32(default). Then when you sample a color, it should select ALL the pixels of that color. You can tweak your selection by changing the tolerance- say you have several similar greys.

Now you have a selection to work with.