joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

Given his current position, I'd say he's going Adaginome. Slower would be Largnome, faster would be Allegnome.

Faster still would be Vivace.

WoodyTX

quality posts: 5 Private Messages WoodyTX

I'm more of a SuburbaGnome, but I heartily approve of this shirt.

And yes, I know Gnomes. I contribute irregularly to www.GnomeStew.com, the ENnie award winning game mastering blog. (/brag)

I'm not keeping track of my Woots, but they average more than one a month, starting with the InFocus 4805 Projector on 06/30/05.

yoyojam55

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yoyojam55

As a music nerd, I had to... In for one!

mcameron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcameron

Well I thought it hilariously punny, in for one. But I also have an odd fascination with gnomes and didn't go to sleep last night.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

is this one of Gnomeo & Juliet's friends?

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
chrisprender wrote:I have one of these mechanical metronomes, but it occurs to me now that I've never seen another one outside of that. Do people still use these anymore, or is everything electronic now?

We always used an electronic one (I think it was on my band director's tuner) in band class. By high school marching band, electronic was way more practical since it had to be blasted on some speakers.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

damask16

quality posts: 1 Private Messages damask16

This reminds me of a "Get Fuzzy" series where Rob buys a metronome for his brother and Bucky and Satchel think he's wrapping a gnome. Hilarity ensues. I've tried to find a link the strips somewhere but my google-fu has failed me.

christinaHarbaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christinaHarbaugh

This shirt tells the world Ha He Ha He Ha He more than Ha Ha Ha He He He

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat
spilzer wrote:David is that you? I used to watch that cartoon every day. I miss my gnomies.

NO! That's Fred!

chilepepper27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chilepepper27

Has anyone mentioned the song "Metro Gnome" for Brass Band? It's a b*tch to play. Following is a link where you can hear it.

http://www.hafabramusic.com/index.php?P=shop&Input=P&Open=yes&Value=90

timerider

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timerider

Shouldn't there be a lawn gnome on public transportation?

Metro gnome?

enzo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages enzo01
lonelypond wrote:ha! and he looks a little like he's holding up his pants. Nice fuzzy detail on the boots. Definitely a fashion forward metrosexual type of gnome.

I think it would have been funnier if the metronome wasn't even there and it was a few images of the gnome filing his nails, in a chair with cucumbers over his eyes, shopping, etc.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Nice work, Ian.

A good shirt for Amazing Race fans. :^)

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

...I am in awe by the sheer genius of this shirt!

FinalDoom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FinalDoom

I'm wondering where the top end of the pendulum rod is going. Hopefully into the gnome's shirt or something...

simonelo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages simonelo

I still use my mechanical metronome periodically. (Too cheap to replace it, since it still works just fine.)

I'd totally get this shirt, if I hadn't been put on shirt.woot purchasing hiatus by he who holds the purse strings. (Might have to sneak it in later this week.)

renatuslives

quality posts: 9 Private Messages renatuslives

You just can't make puns like this in digital. Gnope... Gno way.

lebo1865

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lebo1865

I always wondered what Santa Clause did when he was not out delivering presents. now i finally know how he is able to afford his delivery addiction.

silverpearl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverpearl

One of the wittiest shirts I have seen ages!!!

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
chrisprender wrote:I have one of these mechanical metronomes, but it occurs to me now that I've never seen another one outside of that. Do people still use these anymore, or is everything electronic now?

The electric ones have been around for a while now. When rehearsing one day, my band director once commented that "this old thing must be slowing down," and about half of our band BELIEVED him.

Iamkegman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Iamkegman

Not one to comment ever, but I am nearly 100% sure Carrot Top had this bit 15 years ago, honest. Nice rendering though.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Metro? That Gnome is so not metro. I mean, where is his European shoulder bag? And, he's dressed for a Ren fair!

jaredmac11

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jaredmac11
khoufu wrote:No offense, but are all the shirts on this site mediocre puns? Funny to see, but you wear it and your friends say "Haha. I get it."

Shirt.woot used to have really cool designs and only a couple punny shirts. Now it's commanded by gaming shirts and these. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

ChicagoJayhawk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ChicagoJayhawk
loaba wrote:Metro? That Gnome is so not metro. I mean, where is his European shoulder bag? And, he's dressed for a Ren fair!

I believe it's called a Satchel..."It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one."

But I totally call it a murse.

joeashcraft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeashcraft

If the gnome was dressed well, and the metronome was part of a larger gnome, it could be called, "Metro Metronome Gnome"

wow, loot!

magawa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magawa

Why does no one else see that gnomes are horrible little creepsters?

Ick. Nothing worse than a picture of a creepy gnome with a stick poking out of it's ass plastered on my chest.

DO. NOT. WANT.

joeshen2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeshen2000

Looks more like a retrognome.

Stupidity rules the foundation of our lives; it just means that you gotta move on and deal with the stupidity of it all.

musicchan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages musicchan

As a musician, I approve of this T-shirt. Makes me wish I had my grandmother's old metronome.

Confusticate and Bebother those dwarves!

marthajones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marthajones

I agree...this shirt is quite BRILL...!

LIZ 10:“I’m the bloody Queen, mate. Basically, I rule.”--Dr.Who

num1zero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages num1zero

I hope the base has some weight to it. You get that Gonme swaying at 120 bpm and he is going to fall over.

mfrugoli17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfrugoli17

At first I thought it was santa....and i was like christmas metronome? and then I realized it was a GNOME and I died laughing. soooo punny

mfrugoli17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfrugoli17
joemail11 wrote:Given his current position, I'd say he's going Adaginome. Slower would be Largnome, faster would be Allegnome.

Faster still would be Vivace.

i <3 music puns tee hee

lexwalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexwalk
damask16 wrote:This reminds me of a "Get Fuzzy" series where Rob buys a metronome for his brother and Bucky and Satchel think he's wrapping a gnome. Hilarity ensues. I've tried to find a link the strips somewhere but my google-fu has failed me.

Here is the strip you seek...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bR3MfNhO2zI/SbhGnPg3qtI/AAAAAAAACM4/f7oIkfK9WbM/s1600-h/271966.zoom.gif

bluelightblues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluelightblues

Groan.

Esoteric07

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Esoteric07

anyone else reminded of group_inou's single Heart??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_os8HqfxHc&feature=related

feldman13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages feldman13

If this is a "Metro"Gnome shouldn't his eyebrows be tweezed?

lily1029

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lily1029

Add me to the list of gnome fans - I am amassing quite a collection of gnomes thanks to everyone I know buying them for me everytime they see one. This shirt is a must add!
Note to designers: If you design it with a gnome, I will buy it!

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
khoufu wrote:No offense, but are all the shirts on this site mediocre puns? Funny to see, but you wear it and your friends say "Haha. I get it."

no sometimes there are some great shirts, but this isnt one of em. Dont lose faith so easily new wooter!

debbielee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debbielee

Got the Gnome shirt for my drummer husband--but it's a bit crooked...anyone else's crooked?
Don't know if it's supposed to be that way--just slightly off kilter....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

debbielee wrote:Got the Gnome shirt for my drummer husband--but it's a bit crooked...anyone else's crooked?
Don't know if it's supposed to be that way--just slightly off kilter....

It should look like the picture that was shown on the sales page. The gnome does lean to one side of the metronome so that could make it appear crooked, I reckon. The feet of the metronome should be straight on the shirt.

If you think it's off, snap a picture of the entire shirt and send an email to service@woot.com. The pic and the order number will speed thing sup.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders