:^)

rowanmikaio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanmikaio
Re: Zombees!

Similar Shirt exists, I'd say.

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=14957

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
thegambler311 wrote:Do you guys really think this constant praise is going to get you any of his "followers" votes?

/tinfoil hat

rowanmikaio

jb2colorado wrote:it's not anti-ramyb. it's about the design. the cupcakes have a counter-part (i.e., shotgun normal cupcake atop the pyramid of zombie cupcakes) to compare them to showing that the others are, in fact, cupcakes (apart from the x's over their eyes, the drooling and the bites out of two of them). The problem I have with the cookies is crumbling cookies don't make me think zombies... I just think, cookies are crumbling. I like most of ramyb's designs for the sole fact that they're simple and cool for shirts. This one just doesn't seem to have anything to do with zombies. Maybe it's just because it's hard to make a cookie look like a zombie because crumbling cookies are a normal thing. Do you see the point here? (I know you can't tell tone over the internet, but this is whole thing would be delivered in a very non-aggressive conversational tone were it face-to-face)

This post is ignoring all of the "cookies can't be zombies because they aren't alive" posts which are completely ridiculous because they aren't on any of the other derby entries. I can respect "I don't think these are zombies because they don't look like zombies" but I think "cookies aren't alive" is a pretty silly argument since cupcakes are also fogging.

What would it take to make these cookies look like zombies? If they were green? If they were stiff? (I see often that Ramyb designs get criticized for being too "stiff" and this is one design where Ramyb's "stiffness" is an asset) What makes a zombie a zombie, then? I think the eyes in this design make it obvious that these cookies aren't really all there (pardon the pun), so what more do we need for them to be zombies? They're mindless (or, if you will, soulless) beings. What else do we need?

rowanmikaio

JoeDeth wrote:If this isn't a pseudonym for a well known, terribly-crappy, controversial artist whom shall remain nameless, I'll eat my hat. Don't GMV.

I'm also surprised that you'd think this was such an artist, as I always see people complaining that all of their shirts are the same, with the exact same artwork. This is pretty different from said artist's style, and if you can't see that, you don't really deserve to complain about said artwork.

rowanmikaio

kaysicac wrote:Are you saying the guy with the gun is infected, too?

When I look at this shirt, I either see that the guy with the gun must already be infected, or he's shooting someone who isn't infect yet, rather than the horde of zombies. Sorry, but it's kind of confusing to me.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Rule No.1: Cardio

-Very- cool. This is my favorite of your shirts this week, W'.

I love the grafitti style shapes. +1

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Suuuuuuugaaaar

O M G ! Tis is pure awesome! +1

walmazan

Re: BRAINSTORM

wow! this is a quality work! you rocks!

walmazan

Re: Make A Wish, Jimmy!

hahahahaha! I like your style! and very funny! +1

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: Reanimation

I afraid this will not print well.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Look! It's the zombtree

Tree! I love trees on shirts!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Stay away from the Pipe!

Love the way the colors pop on here!

walmazan

kaysicac wrote:Are you saying the guy with the gun is infected, too?

Ho sorry Kaysicac, my english is not very good and always I blew it.

I mean the guy close to the gun guy already been infected, so the only way to brake a chain is with a shot in his head.

I made a little dramatization here for make my point

WanderingRaccoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WanderingRaccoon
Re: Bird Brainsssss - Resub

Ha! Love this!

valianteffort

quality posts: 29 Private Messages valianteffort
loubriccant wrote:I like this version more, because the moon now resembles a skull.

This. Most definitely this!

WanderingRaccoon

DarkRaven44 wrote: I get that scientist are up at the top left doing an experiment that obviously creates the zombie

Ohhhhhhh, is that what's going on? I didn't get it.

WanderingRaccoon

Re: Suuuuuuugaaaar

love!

Annabananaka7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Annabananaka7
Re: Scare-a-lot

love this! ive been watching it climb since you submitted it! if it doesnt win promise youll submit this to a double take derby or get it printed some where!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: It's My Favorite!

Very very cute, The rendition of the brain is awesome and I love the hair on the little guy and his cute roundness, adorable.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Stay Down!

I love this shirt so much.I wish it would climb.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

theglasstorch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theglasstorch

This design is amazing.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Make A Wish, Jimmy!

I love the style... even the title works with it. But... the expression is what gets me. What did you wish for? One guess.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: BRAINSTORM

Awesome design. Not something I'd wear, but no denying the talent.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Zombie in Space REDUX

I did something similar to this in the SPACE derby. I wanted to cute 'em up a bit and play with the colors. I think this is a much more SHIRT friendly design for my poor space zombie. Hope you all like it.
5 colors on navy.

mhrodrig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhrodrig

Few pieces of constructive criticism:

If this prints, I really don't envision someone else (random person on street, friend, relative) taking a look at this shirt and saying "cool zombie shirt."

The "zombie" in the background looks like a serial killer in a hoodie (sans weapon).

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Ice Cream, You Scream

Perfect companion to this shirt which my son has worn weekly to middle school.

itsmisty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsmisty
Re: Zombie Mouse Snack Time

You've done it AGAIN! Crap on a stick, honestly. Will try my hardest to get this up there, need need NEED~

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl

I love day of the dead stuff!

snicks1899

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snicks1899
rowanmikaio wrote:
What would it take to make these cookies look like zombies? If they were green? If they were stiff? (I see often that Ramyb designs get criticized for being too "stiff" and this is one design where Ramyb's "stiffness" is an asset) What makes a zombie a zombie, then? I think the eyes in this design make it obvious that these cookies aren't really all there (pardon the pun), so what more do we need for them to be zombies? They're mindless (or, if you will, soulless) beings. What else do we need?

Exactly!

walmazan

awesome iilustration! i love it!

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
walmazan wrote:awesome iilustration! i love it!

Thanks! As always, you are rocking this weeks comp. I love the little girl zombies playing jump rope.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

This is great. I really love your illustration skills.

yakimikku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku
Re: Morning Zombies

ahhhh I think it's cute, I want one! XD

fuzzzydunlop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzzydunlop
Re: how much is that zombie in the window

The 1 with teh waggly tailz! ^___^

krazykoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazykoz
Re: Rock Undead

If a Pink Floyd rip-off can win last week, this surely has a chance this week. Go stones!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: deadhead

Not too gruesome at all. I think the heart adds a lot to it. I've seen much more graphic in street/skate shops (which, serious... you need to submit to some. This would sell out).

The colors are great too. The style is very in, very fresh. I've seen a lot of shirts that are somewhat similar sell out on quite a few sites and your's is a MILLION times better.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

This reminds me of the gingham dog and calico cat of The Duel by Eugene Field.

philby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philby
Re: Let them eat brains!

This is a great design. Send more voootes...

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

This is quite awesome.