grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Case Of Undead

Well there is no chance of my winning... but come on people! Vote for my sanity! Bring me out of the 60 range! Let me lose with a 55ish place ranking!

kickfroggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kickfroggy
uncle0wnage wrote:Do I need to change the design of the monkey? Because I'd be glad to do that if I can resubmit it.

I honestly can't tell if it's not printable but I'm *assuming* those rules were followed and they meant they can't for trademark reasons.

I would so buy this, but only if it's still blatant Curious George parody which it probably wouldn't be if you changed it to be compliant. Unfortunately even with parody, Woot still has to potentially deal with trademark infringement BS so I don't blame them for not wanting to.

If you get it printed somewhere else please ping me!

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
Re: Look! It's the zombtree

Why didn't you make zombies coming out of the branches!? Trees with things coming out of the branches does it every time! That for sure would have printed!

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
AdderXYU wrote:Skilled subtle art in a zombie derby? CLEARLY you're doing it wrong.

i shouldn't have eaten my own brain, but i was soooo hungry

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
qwasdfz wrote:Yeah I have noticed all the nit-picking that no other artists have to deal with. "It's off center", "cookies aren't zombies", "those gummi bears look like bunnies", seriously stop being an old lady and actually say something worthwile.

That design was off centered. Someone even provided measurements to prove it. The gummy bears look like bunnies was just a joke, claiming that all his animals look very similar. I will admit, there is a lot of B.S. thrown ramyB's way, but awkwardly, you chose to point out the ones that were actually true...

As for the "cookies aren't zombies" argument (I have stated this before but I will say it again), that is not entirely true. However, what is true is that the cookies don't need to be zombies to sell this joke. This design would have EXACTLY THE SAME EFFECT if they were just normal angry cookies. Can you see why that is confusing to people? And people have every reason to be upset with that because it's greatly bending the rules (even breaking them in some peoples minds) for an idea that is basically guaranteed to generate votes. As I said before, the fact that the cookies are zombies is irrelevant, pointless. It just a poor excuse to stay "on-topic."

pharmacide

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pharmacide
Re: zOMbie mOsh PiT

A Zombie Mosh Pit!
My first submission into the shirt derby. This was hand drawn and finished in the computer for that Brute! look.

Thanks for voting!

Here's a detailed view.

shyedam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shyedam
Re: The Last Cupcake

This shirt is hilarious! I voted for it and I hope it takes first place because I must have it. I think I might even get a couple for my nieces who are 4 and 5 years old. I'm sure their mom won't mind.

Again, amazing shirt!

badmoonrising4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badmoonrising4
Re: snack

I want this really bad

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: If I Only Had a Brain

I think the brain/ word bubble helps. I know many don't like it, but it helps people like me, that probably haven't seen the wizard of oz in 20 years or more, to automatically get the joke. I got it after I saw his brain/ word bubble. I think the last thing people want to do is have to explain a pun shirt to people. I think the brain is a great way to make that possible.

I know the people voting for this probably love the wizard of oz and know it pretty well, but many people don't. I think its a good thing to have on there.

stzombie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stzombie
Re: Escape: Nowhere

I want one...great color and design.

hobbesthetiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobbesthetiger
Re: Brain fleas

Hey, so this is my second Derby entry, a lot better than the last time. With each entry I am grudging myself out of a deep artistic slumber of sorts, and a chance to get better at photoshop.

I really don't know anything about photoshop, techniques and whatnot, so if you have any advice to spare, it would be most appreciated.

hobbesthetiger

Glad to see a resub

hobbesthetiger

Not bad man, it is funny. I would personally move the design up to the top a smidgeon though. Of course I have had one design here, and it was rejected, last derby, the human farm, anthropomorphic ant.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Playtime!!!

I agree great style. If makes me smile :D

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Zombie Lord

Very well drawn, and the coloring for the foreground/background creates a sense of depth and emphasizes how big that guy is.

Cool!

drewcavner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewcavner
Re: Out of Coffee

Isn't it pretty obvious what is going on? You don't have to exactly see the bubble to know that "starbuck" is out of coffee so it turns into a zombie??

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
hobbesthetiger wrote:Not bad man, it is funny. I would personally move the design up to the top a smidgeon though. Of course I have had one design here, and it was rejected, last derby, the human farm, anthropomorphic ant.

Yeah, I usually p0ut a design front and center unless there's a good reason for different placement. But, I was feeling contrary. Sorry about the reject; not always easy to keep track of Woot's rules. This seems to be parody enough to pass the 'celebrity likeness' rule, at least so far.

paigeg

Re: Sock Monkey's Last Stand

I would SO buy this. Sockmonkey was one of my ideas under consideration - glad you did it. Definitely better than I'd have done.

paigeg

Doesn't look any different than any other mosh pit I've seen. :D Great first sub! Very cool style.

paigeg

Re: Oops

Awesome, right down to the autopsy scars.

paigeg

rogerrogerroger wrote:wait...so you DON'T like the subtle humping? i don't understand.

:D

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: Easter Brain Hunt - The Resurrection

I preferred the colouring of version 1

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

seanpsimmons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanpsimmons
craziemutant wrote:I'm sorry, but is the moon/sky supposed to be melting, a skull, or a brain?

I think it's supposed to be foggy or very humid. The warping makes me feel like the moonlight is refractign through light sticky clouds. The light at the bottom, is likewise refracted light in fog. It's plausible visibly and is worth the stretch to get the subtle skull shape. If you look on the right, another cliff and treeline make up the right border. I like it. I hope it wins. I'm afraid the Jatravartid brainbow and cookie monster is going to get the vote of a lot of people who won't actually buy one though. The third spot will go to the scarecrow.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: The Truth About Celebrity Longevity

Rock on Paigey G!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: Rule No.1: Cardio

Really like this one, very simple and well executed!
I haven't seen Zombie Land but this still translates well

Nicely played

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
queenmaeve wrote:I love this!! I mean, who doesn't love a narwhal?

Who indeed! Thanks!

coldviper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldviper
PocketBrain wrote:Any chance at a higher-res image so we can see detail? Please?

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
Re: Run.

Love this one! It kinda reminds me of the opening montage for the Venture Brothers.

coldviper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldviper

That did work out well...here's a link to a higher resolution image.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq316/coldviper80/animal_zombies.jpg

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
renegadetim wrote:Why didn't you make zombies coming out of the branches!? Trees with things coming out of the branches does it every time! That for sure would have printed!

because I though "hmmm, I should try to make a tree design that is only connected to the theme by the title" I also made the tree zombie green, for good measure. But, I'll keep your suggestion in mind the next time I put a tree design together, when it doesn't really fit the theme.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
paigeg wrote:Easily one of the most twisted things I've ever seen from you, Wences. Brilliant. Cute. Makes me want to un-eat dinner. o_0
That little plop of - whatever - at the little girl's feet on the right is going to keep me up tonight. :D

yakub89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakub89
Re: Zombocolypse

I wasn't happy about the zombie theme, and I'm tired of zombies and the apocalypse, but this is probably my favorite shirt of the derby so far. I don't understand why it doesn't have any votes. Great Job! I would wear this shirt all the time.

vaibhavtyagiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaibhavtyagiv
drewcavner wrote:Isn't it pretty obvious what is going on? You don't have to exactly see the bubble to know that "starbuck" is out of coffee so it turns into a zombie??

That's exactly the idea. Sorry, this was my first submission ever, so I haven't quite worked out all the submission quirks yet. They rejected it anyhow, perhaps this was too close to the original logo, but i'd be darn funny if you walked into Starbucks wearing that shirt... or so I thought, I suppose woot disagrees.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: killing virus

Could only speculate for which reason this will be rejected. There are several.

Nothing follows.

adanabbett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adanabbett
Re: Mutation

I honestly don't see how this will print well. If it can even be made out, I don't know that anyone will see the zombie in the background without it being pointed out to them. I didn't notice it until I read the comments. It just looked like a splotchy, runny, foggy mess behind green dna.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

They must be at a KMFDM show! Cool stuff for sure.

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn
Re: Day of the BRAAAAAAAAAAINS

Love it! Great design.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
awcoburn wrote:Love it! Great design.

Thank you very much. I love when people enjoy what I do.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Jeus wrote:Thanks travis, tell your friends!

I guess Travis didn't tell his friends. Or perhaps he doesn't have any friends.

Jatravartid Travis.

Nothing follows.

tjsynkral

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tjsynkral
Re: Cookie Monsters

Sigh... Another cookie monster shirt??