Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: World's First Zombie

This is the easiest joke to make, and you failed miserably. Religious people need to be constantly reminded that they are not immune to scrutiny by others. Shame you had the balls to try, but a bigger shame that you missed it.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
hobbesthetiger wrote:I honestly was waiting for a shirt just like this good sir, you have my vote.

Why thank you sir.
I was kinda surprised no one else had gone there already

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Isn't one shirt entry good enough these days? Oh that's right, those lawyer bills from the lawsuits are piling up huh.

that was fun while it lasted!

yakimikku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku
no1 wrote:you have an interesting way with words!

hahhaha thanks! XD

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
chumpmagic wrote:I think the brain/ word bubble helps. I know many don't like it, but it helps people like me, that probably haven't seen the wizard of oz in 20 years or more, to automatically get the joke.

I agree. From the thumbnail, I thought it was Bert for a second. Once I realized it was a scarecrow, the brain bubble made me get the joke immediately but without it I'd have to narrow it down again from Bert > Scarecrow > Batman or Wizard of Oz >

Very nicely done!

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4
Re: Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie

Nice concept. One improvement on the design would be to make the body more boxy so that it looks like a robot. my 2 cents.

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4
Re: Stay away from the Pipe!

i always like the style of your shirts. the one problem with this piece, although i do like the mario reference, is that i don't see it working outside of the derby. it would be hard to explain the hand in the pipe.

snowfreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowfreeze
Re: Rule No.1: Cardio

I don't like green zombies. Their the worst infected!

boobsmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boobsmurphy
Re: braaaainbows!

loooove this. <3

kira89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kira89
Re: Mutation

I really like the concept, but not so much the execution. The bright green gives me much more of a Hulk/TMNT vibe rather than zombies, and the guy seems to get lost in the background. It's too bad because this was a neat take on the theme.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
joecool151 wrote:I have to agree...

I'm new-ish to this site but I find it funny how you can look at any of this artist's stuff and find people intentionally being as dull as possible to find reasons why the shirt is no good. It's seems like these comments serve no constructive purpose.

"The DNA dosen't look like zombie DNA, more like alien DNA, or like hulks DNA when I saw it."
"That dood in the back looks like a normal dood, not like a zombie at all, i mean look at his stance, I've never seen a zombie stand like that"

Not sure if you realize stuff like that makes you look dumb. IDK about him, but I wouldn't care what you had to say about my stuff if it was in the fog, because that alone says all it needs to about the shirt design. I might add that it's there despite all the lines of hate.

Today's thought of the day: Spend less time hating on other peoples work and spend more time doing it "right" since you're the expert.

I don't hate him. Some of the artists don't mind feed back and they do little tweaks or adjustments based on the feed back they get.

As far as the Hulk or alien comment that was me who said it and here are examples of why it reminds me of the Hulk:

and again:

or this (if you want the She-Hulk one):

Now, I could dot the same with the aliens but it's easy enough to do as I have done and go to google search and this time type "Aliens." Point being this; it isn't unreasonable for some of us to say that a certain color conveys something other than the artist intended. The Hulk in particular is burned into my mind because the first movie came out the day before my wedding and I remember my groomsmen hitting up the theater that night. Second, and this is a side note, please don't use the whole "I'm right and their fools if they disagree with me," line. I know that some on this site would have you believe that acting like a jerk some how shows that you're sticking to your guns or just means that you're superior to others--but it's a lie.

A person can give honest, insightful criticism with insults.

bonezz322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
Re: Zombie Mom

Thanks for looking at our design!

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Re: The School of Zombie

man this is so awesome. if this was submitted on friday, i'd imagine it would've been number one for sure!

bonezz322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
Re: Zombie Babe

Thanks for looking at our design!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
srm8ib4 wrote:i always like the style of your shirts. the one problem with this piece, although i do like the mario reference, is that i don't see it working outside of the derby. it would be hard to explain the hand in the pipe.

I'm glad you like my style srm8ib4 and I respect your opinion. I do however, greatly appreciate and am pleasantly surprised by the support from the derby wooters and others outside this "derby" who seem to like it just fine.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Zom-Baseball

Love this! gmv!

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: World's First Zombie

this is such a common joke, it's even referenced more than once in Futurama.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: Cookie Monsters

I sorta feel like those cookies aren't zombies at all. They seem like just general monsters and that is why the shirt is a play on the "cookie monster".

On a side note: Can people stop making cookie monster shirts? Yes, yes the binge is a profitable shirt and getting paid is preferable but do we need another cookie monster shirt?

razz007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razz007
Re: Stay away from the Pipe!

So awesome. love this.

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
Re: braaaainbows!

I like this shirt, but the only thing that's really bugging me are the colors...They're dull and don't make the picture pop, it takes away some emphasis...

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Zom-Baseball

Um... No text this week. Other wise it is nice.

solarhands

quality posts: 2 Private Messages solarhands
Re: snack

I hope to see this one in the next double take derby. I neeeed it!

kevinahmadi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinahmadi

i don't understand why these xs get rejected for text but the shirt with the cupcake zombies doesn't get rejected for using xs.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Trapped

This puts me in a terrible mood.
I can NOT believe that this is not at the absolute top of the fog.
#$%^@!

I am surprised that I am surprised.
@#$%!

GEt back up there awesomest shirt in the derby,please.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

WinterArtwork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WinterArtwork
blanked wrote:Um... No text this week. Other wise it is nice.

crap! I forgot about that

ichimunki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ichimunki
Re: Barrel of Zombies

Best shirt in derby, methinks!

ichimunki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ichimunki
snicks1899 wrote:i'm sick of all the anti ramyb comments. last derby too. if you don't like the shirt, don't vote for it. it's quite simple.

Like any election, you get what people vote for. And it blows my mind that people are voting for this, or ramyb's green DNA design... especially when his coffee zombie shirt is eminently more wearable, more on-topic, and less use-someone-else's-characters-ish.

So I guess I can't blame ramyb for giving people what they want. I just shake my head in dismay that this is what people want.

mafafu888

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mafafu888
bluejester wrote:I don't hate him. Some of the artists don't mind feed back and they do little tweaks or adjustments based on the feed back they get.

As far as the Hulk or alien comment that was me who said it and here are examples of why it reminds me of the Hulk:

and again:

or this (if you want the She-Hulk one):

Now, I could dot the same with the aliens but it's easy enough to do as I have done and go to google search and this time type "Aliens." Point being this; it isn't unreasonable for some of us to say that a certain color conveys something other than the artist intended. The Hulk in particular is burned into my mind because the first movie came out the day before my wedding and I remember my groomsmen hitting up the theater that night. Second, and this is a side note, please don't use the whole "I'm right and their fools if they disagree with me," line. I know that some on this site would have you believe that acting like a jerk some how shows that you're sticking to your guns or just means that you're superior to others--but it's a lie.

A person can give honest, insightful criticism with insults.

Exactly! I always associate zombies with a kind of sickly gray.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: The School of Zombie

I love this! I hope it gets an honorable mention so it gets a better chance at votes.

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
underblueskies wrote:I got the joke even from the little thumbnail on the page with all the designs. Made me chuckle. =) One question: What happened to the middle finger of the walk symbol?

I just tried to make it look more zombie like, the 'flesh' is off the finger, it's the finger bones.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Zombie Mom

Close-up, please! Is she wearing - bunny slippers?

jsarate74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsarate74

This is sooooooo BAD ASS!!!!! I soooo want one!

Re: Come In Tower!!

cantstopthesignal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cantstopthesignal
Re: Cookie Monsters

WHY IS HE AFRAID OF SOMETHING HE CAN JUST EAT??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupiddesignisstupid.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

BAH!!!! i hate that feeling. Your on a high for 3 or 4 days thinking you got a good chance, then BAM!.. you just got ramyb'ed.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: The Truth About Celebrity Longevity

For clarification: is this Zombie Betty White?

kaseyfleming

Re: Zombie Babe

like it!! she just wants go give me a hug

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
kaseyfleming wrote:BAH!!!! i hate that feeling. Your on a high for 3 or 4 days thinking you got a good chance, then BAM!.. you just got ramyb'ed.

That's funny, "ramyb'ed",heh. Seriously though, I thought this was the best design in the derby and I'm sad to see it get knocked out of the fog.

kaseyfleming

Re: Zombie in Space REDUX

Really nice work and great use of color.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Trapped

Come one! return to the fog! you deserved!

barkingchicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barkingchicken
Re: The Last Cupcake

I do custom cupcakes and cakes so this shirt is a MUST for me. I love just about any shirt with cupcake people but this has got to be my favorite. It even passes the Fresh Cake (NUUUUDE) in the reckoning and I own multiple of him!

AWESOME design. GMV! This better print so I can order a few.