Re: Zombie Snail: Food and Shelter

Awwwsome design! To the fog with you!

yellowwducky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowwducky
Re: Cookie Monsters

I love it, I hope it prints!

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Jeus wrote:I just tried to make it look more zombie like, the 'flesh' is off the finger, it's the finger bones.

Perhaps if you didn't fail so freakin hard at bonefingers, we could have printed.

Jatravartid Jeus.

Nothing follows.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
mafafu888 wrote:Exactly! I always associate zombies with a kind of sickly gray.

Ah, but the Hulk was grey when he debuted in the sixties.

CYCLE COMPLETE.

bislwem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bislwem
Re: Trapped

I've never posted before, but I'm a longtime admirer of your collabs.

Just had to say how brokenhearted I am that this is out of the fog. I love everything about this design, though zombies aren't my cup of tea. You guys really deserve a win here, IMO.

fharpster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fharpster
eggshelltiptoe wrote:Yeah, guess I should have read the thread.

hehe, "globe placement".

Thanks for at least some words of encouragement, I haven't really gotten any of that from anyone else here. Clicky much?

I believe it's cliquey, duh!

Just kidding. I actually kind of liked it, but I guess Jesus is famous or something. Better luck next time.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Hear No Music, See no Text, Speak No calls

On Heather Gray...

"Sell no Tshirts"

BlindDog

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
taternuggets wrote:Perhaps if you didn't fail so freakin hard at bonefingers, we could have printed.

Jatravartid Jeus.

well, I just did the outline, maybe whoever colored it could have made them look more like bones.

Jatravartid tater.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
captainbaldie wrote:You guys are all foolish to believe something like this would stand a chance against cookies, cupcakes, stick men, and clipart in a ZOMBIE derby.

I think it's more like foolish hope... *shrugs* It's a shame this isn't printing.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
alchemistmerlin wrote:I don't get how it's off topic, it's a zombie bite (tooth marks) in rainbow colors.

Nice try, but your name doesn't start with "r" and end with "amyb."

"Rainbow bite," is that Zombie for "Flaming Infected But Pirate?"
BlindDog3D

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
bluejester wrote:Just a few notes. Green conveys more Incredible Hulk/alien/dead Vulcan than it does the undead. At least from a nerds eye view (this nerd). Also, I had to click the image to tell that there was a zombie in it, and even then he just wasn't that clear to me. The dude is just way too dim/faint to tell that he's there. It's an interesting way of conveying the idea of zombies, but I don't think that it has the effect you were hoping for.

As with all suggestions, feel free to print this out, crumple it up, shred it, then burn it for your own enjoyment.

its in the fog isn't it?? i think it most definitely has the effect he was hoping for.

to me though this looks like a shirt i would see at wal-mart around Halloween B^( its not very imaginative but then again most of his work isn't really imaginative B^(

fharpster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fharpster
Jeus wrote:well, I just did the outline, maybe whoever colored it could have made them look more like bones.

Jatravartid tater.

So, basically, you just trace. -Alyssa Jones

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
bluejester wrote:Just a few notes. Green conveys more Incredible Hulk/alien/dead Vulcan than it does the undead. At least from a nerds eye view (this nerd). Also, I had to click the image to tell that there was a zombie in it, and even then he just wasn't that clear to me. The dude is just way too dim/faint to tell that he's there. It's an interesting way of conveying the idea of zombies, but I don't think that it has the effect you were hoping for.

As with all suggestions, feel free to print this out, crumple it up, shred it, then burn it for your own enjoyment.

its in the fog isn't it?? i think it most definitely has the effect he was hoping for.

to me though this looks like a shirt i would see at wal-mart around Halloween B^( its not very imaginative but then again most of his work isn't really imaginative B^(

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
blinddog3d wrote:On Heather Gray...

"Sell no Tshirts"

BlindDog

Yeah I know horrible color should have chosen a better shirt color. Hind site 20/20. It was my first post so good learning experience. Thanks for feed back.

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
Re: Hear No Music, See no Text, Speak No calls

Man I am so sorry you cannot see all the detail in my submission. Totally my fault I did not provide a large enough sample of final art.

chansan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chansan
Re: Rock Isn't Dead / Death Metal?

This shirt is applicable year round. Nice design.

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
fharpster wrote:So, basically, you just trace. -Alyssa Jones

"It's not tracing. I add depth and shading to give the image mere definition. Only then does the drawing really take shape." - Banky Edwards

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

cat thing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cat thing
Re: Oops

Your zombies remind me of Amumu from League of Legends. They've got the same eyes, similar body shape, and they are the same color green.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Amumu_The_Sad_Mummy/Background

(don't worry, I'm not accusing you of copying... they just remind me of each other)

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I've got halo's made of summer, ribbons made of spring.

haha, awesome. It's an honor.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
blinddog3d wrote:On Heather Gray...

"Sell no Tshirts"

BlindDog

Three of the shirts in the top 20 are on heather grey.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: The School of Zombie

being a philosophy grad my self I approve this design. as to how far my approval goes well... lets just say not much. Love it. wish it was subbed earlier for better votes.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

Out of every design which was subbed this week this was one that had a chance and that I wanted to buy. When you have a design derby on zombies cupcakes, cookies and unicorns should have taken a backseat to designs like this. I wish woot had really thought out the rules for this derby more and put the no anthropomorphic rule into effect. Not hate towards those designers who made those designs but it saddens me that a design which truely captured everything this derby should have been to be passed over so willy nilly. I hope it gets printed as a EC.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: Zombies Love Croquet

really creppy! these dead people are very dead looking! kudos. this should be doing better

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I've got halo's made of summer, ribbons made of spring.

ThatRobert - you always make my day when I get one of these. Serious. I think that the recognition from your site has kept me going on those cold lonely my design never fogging nights. ;)

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

hmmm ... disappointed!

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Every time Woot does a theme that I really really get my hopes up for I'm astoundingly disappointed at what prints.

*hangs head*

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Wugmanmax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wugmanmax
Re: Zombie Heart Brains

I really like your art style! Awesome!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
palookaboy wrote:
In spite of what the artist claims, the crux of the joke is NOT that the cookies have returned from the dead (thus being zombies and on-theme). The crux of the joke is that the cookies are attacking their natural predator.

Afterall, you should know better than the artist himself...

Jackknyfe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jackknyfe

This is perfect since my buddy and I liken zombie noises to velociraptor noises. gmv

Wizzr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wizzr
bluejester wrote:Congrats on fogging! Personally, I'm having mixed feelings about the moon/sun thing in the background (mun?). It almost conveys a bit of cheerfulness in what is otherwise a piece about fleeing from your typical zombies. Not saying that the cheerful zombies can't be done, Walmazan has a nice piece doing just that. Just that here it feels like a little bit of meshing of "feels" Dunno if that makes sense.

First, thanks, this is my first design to make it to the fog and I'm really psyched about it.
The color choose was very much a gut call, I was cycling through and thought the yellow really worked well with the moon. I can definitely see you point since yellow is always strongly connected to bright and cheery. Thinking on it now, I'll say it was the strong contrast with the black that I liked most. I appreciate the honesty.
Walmazan's two up in the fog are really nice, and the Rule No.1 is my favorite probably in the derby.

Esoteric1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Esoteric1081
Re: World's First Zombie

But was Lazarus the first zombie? Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead before He was crucified.

Wugmanmax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wugmanmax
WinterArtwork wrote:crap! I forgot about that

I really liked this one. Nice artwork!

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x
Re: If I Only Had a Brain

6 Dollar Shirts just basically stole this idea. Get em, Patrick!

http://6dollarshirts.com/product.php?productid=11446&mail=232

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
bmw66x wrote:6 Dollar Shirts just basically stole this idea. Get em, Patrick!

http://6dollarshirts.com/product.php?productid=11446&mail=232

bustedtees stole it, got in their time machine and took it back to 2008

http://fashionablygeek.com/t-shirts/scarecrow-zombie-very-possible-in-an-alternate-universe/

tacitcat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tacitcat
Jeri83 wrote:This is awesome! It would be extra cool if those zombie cupcakes glow in the dark...

I just saw on DC Cupcakes that it is possible to make cupcakes glow in the dark if you use tonic water and white icing. (And a blacklight).

eggshelltiptoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggshelltiptoe
Johndis5 wrote:This is the easiest joke to make, and you failed miserably. Religious people need to be constantly reminded that they are not immune to scrutiny by others. Shame you had the balls to try, but a bigger shame that you missed it.

Agreed. I wish I had had more time to put into the design. I guess I'll just have to where the shame for a bit. Thanks for the comment though.

eggshelltiptoe

fharpster wrote:I believe it's cliquey, duh!

Just kidding. I actually kind of liked it, but I guess Jesus is famous or something. Better luck next time.

Haha, thanks!

eggshelltiptoe

Esoteric1081 wrote:But was Lazarus the first zombie? Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead before He was crucified.

Oooh! Good point. Should have gone that route, though, it probably would have been rejected too. Heaven forbid we poke fun. Ooops, I said "Heaven".

eggshelltiptoe

Re: Zombie Crush (ver 2)

Haha, "I only have eyes for you". Just popped in my head. Good job. GMV

eggshelltiptoe

Re: Self service

Good work. Nice detail. I rather like the idea of the self-sufficient zombie and, perhaps, the commentary on the movie-going audience. GMV