azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight

Really pleased to see Bass published, so annoyed as I didnt want to buy anymore shirts for a while.

Gz on the print

awlwren

quality posts: 3 Private Messages awlwren

Black Sheep Wall, mäuschen, black sheep wall.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

nice shirt, bass--very clever

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

This is the first time now that I think of it that I bought a woot shirt right at release time. I suppose it was made even sweeter since I got to cash in the free shirt coupon I was saving. Even better is my brother is getting a copy of Portal 2 for free as well. This is a good day indeed.

bluejester

quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester

What would this look like in real life? Freddiew has the answer

lyonessnyc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonessnyc

I'm soooooo confused! The writeup is fubar! What does it all MEAN?? ::wail::

stonetumbler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stonetumbler

Everyone sees this shirt and says Portal 2. I see this shirt and see Transformice the flash game. Which one is it? Maybe the writeup got it wrong.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

So there's no joke with the color? And what's the joke behind take your daughter to work day?

willparryhdm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willparryhdm
jeevesofrkdia wrote:Can someone help decode the message? It's a puzzle and a later-levels-of-Portal kind of puzzle, at that.

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very many that literally changed how people think. And not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?" Something like Doom or Quake or even Joust, those are games we could all play in a warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or something. But when you're playing a game that literally is based around the idea that you can make a hole in the game... man. That's something that you can only do in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world? We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today, ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

Wear this shirt: and namecheck Narbacular Drop. You'll look like a videogame hipster.
Don’t wear this shirt: on bring-your-daughter-to-work day.
This shirt tells the world: "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.”
We call this color: Asphalt.

Edit - whoops, should have known I'd be the 9001st one to get to posting it. Sorry for the tardiness.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

In a long line up of Mario references (many of which I have enjoyed), I am very happy to see a Portal reference. Great job, bassanimation! This shirt is going to sell out in no time. I got one for me and one my wife, who just recently started playing Portal.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

gertle627

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gertle627

I think the shirt is awesome and it was an instabuy for me. And I still like it despite the facts that you people have pointed out that the back looks like a sperm and that the mouse should have back legs. But as far as him having to be close enough to the cheese to touch it in order to put the blue portal there, that's not necessarily true. We don't know the layout of the maze. Maybe he was really far away or could only see that spot through a tiny hole in the wall or something.

Anyway, the point is this is still an awesome shirt!

bmxjimp

Darquis wrote:So there's no joke with the color? And what's the joke behind take your daughter to work day?

In Portal, GLaDOS (the computer) said in one of the earlier levels (5-7 or so) "You should consider bringing your daughter to work on `take your daughter to work day`. It is an excellent opportunity to have her tested."

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

DarkDrag0n

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n
awlwren wrote:Black Sheep Wall, mäuschen, black sheep wall.

Excuse me while I modify the phase variance, I'm just staying alive to gain power overwhelming. I know it's not 3-D, but at least there is no cow level.

sxyskeksis

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sxyskeksis
madron2000 wrote:As much as I love this shirt, if people only see the back it looks like a spermy going into a hole....

I can never unsee that. Thanks.

BuddhaJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BuddhaJ

shirt.woot needs to expand their sizes more. Got a friend who wears around 5X on shirts who would love this.

Satoshi4649

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Satoshi4649

Anybody ever heard of Transformice!?
Nope? Didn't think so.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

I just want to add to the no back leggers there is actually "a" back leg visible on the orange side. It's deeply shadowed, extremely small, but its there, so no the back legs aren't lost.

themcnasty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages themcnasty
madron2000 wrote:As much as I love this shirt, if people only see the back it looks like a spermy going into a hole....

More like fertilizing an egg.

epistemologonhere

quality posts: 20 Private Messages epistemologonhere
OtakuRyu wrote:Since SOMEONE'S gonna ask, this is Liederkranz, and this is the reference.

Thank you. But I'm still confused: what has that particular cheese got to do with the shirt?? It's not like it's Gruyere or Emmenthaler cheese, which might be more appropriate!

I'm probably missing a reference somewhere...

___

propenguin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages propenguin

You ate your faithful Cheese Cube more quickly than any other test subject on record. Congratulations.

madron2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madron2000
sxyskeksis wrote:I can never unsee that. Thanks.

Lol sorry, the spermy was the first thing I saw. I can never unsee something I saw wrong in the first place.

HairyButt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HairyButt

Portals have no depth so the mouse has no back legs.

luckycharmed29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luckycharmed29

This shirt was a triumph. I'm making a note here: huge success.

bluejester

My guess is that by noon tomorrow this will sell out.

Any other guesses as to when it will happen, because I'm going on record here saying it is an inevitability.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

Awesome tee, congrats!

CrystallineX

quality posts: 17 Private Messages CrystallineX

The mouse's legs must still be in the portal.

entity447

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entity447
luckycharmed29 wrote:This shirt was a triumph. I'm making a note here: huge success.

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69
bluejester wrote:My guess is that by noon tomorrow this will sell out.

Any other guesses as to when it will happen, because I'm going on record here saying it is an inevitability.

6:13 a.m. central time. Aled Lewis helped me with my calculation.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

theant

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant

I'm going to say no way is it not going to be a sellout... gonna say before noon though. My guess will be as soon as those (now at 80K players) take a break from portal and see the shirt, there will be a massive spike in sales. Then no more shirt will midnight tomorrow.

Gendreavus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gendreavus

Dammit Woot, I'm trying to leave my all-t-shirt wardrobe behind me and start dressing like a real person, and then you come out with THIS gem! Now not only do I have one more t-shirt to wear, but I'm going to have to stop wearing my signature jacket so people can see the back! Look at what you've done!

bluejester

It's funny watching my twitter feed. It was all abuzz right before the download of Portal was available, now it's pretty much nothing.

Funny how one game can have such an effect on nerd-dom.

IICV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IICV

I'm sorry, but no one is going to see the back and think anything but why is that dude wearing a shirt with a sperm on it?

Totally adorable mouse and great concept, but cannot wear that!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Not too long ago we had an 8 color shirt and now a front and back design shirt. I didn't even know these were options here at woot. Next week are we going to see an oversized print?

Congrats Bass. Very nice design you have here.

colourcraze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colourcraze

YESSSSS! PLAYING PORTAL 2 RIGHT NOWWW!! It is not possible for me to love Woot any more than I do right now!

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69
chumpmagic wrote:Not too long ago we had an 8 color shirt and now a front and back design shirt. I didn't even know these were options here at woot. Next week are we going to see an oversized print?

Congrats Bass. Very nice design you have here.

pocket t's with your choice of color too

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

rajput989

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rajput989

As much as I appreciate the theme of the shirt I still can't help thinking that there's a whole lot of whorin' going on. As the Woot gods can attest, I've bought a whole lot of shirts (80+/- last count) but I don't recall any of them being a pre-release plug for anything. My interest (and purchases) have been waning of late as Woot moves inexorably down the rabbit-hole of cuteness and away from the creativeness that, well.., created it. So while I'm sure there are more purchases in my future I am sorely vexed at the trends I'm seeing and I don't know where we're going.

bmxjimp

I'm guessing at 1:42 AM.

EDIT: CST ("Woot Time")

EDIT: "Sellout time: Tuesday, April 19, 2011, 1:36:40 AM Central Time" -- Sooo close.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 135 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

HA HA HA HA the button is bouncing! Get it fast before this shirt is a lie for the rest of the day.

Get the last ones for 10.00 tomorrow the shirts will be 15.00!

chefsean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefsean

its bouncing im guessing 12:15????am..... and aaaawww man my dog CUT THE CHEESE but at least its his birthday and he's 7 now.... but yeah i think its going to sell out at $10 between 12:15 to 12:20 am......

chefsean
CLICK....>>.....ON...>>....TheMysteryBox>>>>>>

lonelypond

quality posts: 437 Private Messages lonelypond
bmxjimp wrote:I'm guessing at 1:42 AM.

Close...2:32 a.m. maybe