bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
sparrowhawk69 wrote:doesn't appear to be an all time record, see my earlier post, but it probably is since the sellout # went to 3000.

That's my guess. Ah...Cool Breeze. That was my very first shirt.woot purchase. Hard to believe that was over three years ago now. I skimmed the comments section of cool breeze and was reminded that the short list/reckoning was only 10 to 15 shirts at one point.

Times have changed.

kilandra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kilandra

Too bad that the east coasters got totally screwed on buying today's woot shirt. It's 3:31am, and it's already sold out?! Total crap.

marmiiite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marmiiite

I am so disappoint that this is sold out already.

Oh well, definitely one worth shelling out the extra $5.

archangel117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archangel117

For those that didn't catch it, the code to solve the writeup is in the artist description:

"Bassanimation knows a cheat code that goes apcig mhorbjlfd eqks. Good luck."

The order of the lines is the order of the letters, just skip "n" when counting. So read line1 first, then line 15, then 3, and so on.

bigdaddy24

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bigdaddy24

really?! 36 min to sellout....pphhhbt

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants

Big mind-bending congratulations bass! Seeing you get a front and back print was like wrapping my mind around the premise of Portal itself. A well deserved sellout.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Are you there, Goldenthorn? This thread is gonna need you something fierce. You're gonna be like Jack Bauer for the next 24 hours.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

Well, that was quick. Congrats Bass! I almost bought it because of the cute li'l mouse. I am not a gamer.

C'est la vie!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Wow. Grats Bass on what is probably a new record for the quickest sellout!

RothSothy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RothSothy

With all the Portal 2 hype today, I doubted the shirt would last past noon and I was right.. Sold out within 2 hours! That's gotta be a wootshirt record. Now I wish I bought more than 1.

// Roth

www.twitter.com/rothsothy

Weredawg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Weredawg

I come back 2 and a half hours later and this shirt is already sold out.
Hot damn that was fast!

bhlongboarder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhlongboarder

HERE YOU GO MY FRIEND!! :D

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very||many that literally changed how people think. And||not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can||they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in ||the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"||Something like Doom or Quake or even||Joust, those are games we could all play in a||warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have||flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or||something. But when you're playing a game that literally||is based around the idea that you can make a hole in||the game... man. That's something that you can only do||in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse||wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?||We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,||ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then||it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get||off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

StarBob

quality posts: 15 Private Messages StarBob

This may be the fastest total sellout of a shirt I've ever seen... How did do many portal fans manage to stop playing and buy this? Crazy...

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur

safe to say that meh will no longer be the number 1 shirt after this week.

Gendreavus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gendreavus
BuddhaJ wrote:shirt.woot needs to expand their sizes more. Got a friend who wears around 5X on shirts who would love this.

Would your friend happen to be Gabe Newell?

hoffmanbike

quality posts: 7 Private Messages hoffmanbike

Would have bought this if i wasn't so busy playing the game. oh what's this a coupon, from a previous purchase why yes i think i will partake when it goes live in 20 hours. thank you.

15 craps and counting.

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb

whewwww, that sold out fast!

TheCreaturE55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheCreaturE55
KaneRobot wrote:Why are we wasting a game shirt on Portal 2 when Mortal F'ing Kombat is out today?

What in the world is Mortal Kombat? ... We're talking about Portal here bud... An epic game... not a failure ...

TheCreaturE55

kilandra wrote:Too bad that the east coasters got totally screwed on buying today's woot shirt. It's 3:31am, and it's already sold out?! Total crap.

Was that a serious comment?

RadicalPrefect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RadicalPrefect
andrewbkillen wrote:Any chance of a reprint? Available anywhere else? I was typing in my CC info when it sold out. I really want one!

Starting tomorrow, it will be available for $15 for at least a week. That's what the whole Reckoning thing is about.

Given how fast this sold out, though, it'll be available for sale for muuuuuuuuuch longer than a week, though.

TheCreaturE55

Also...Thank God I decided to buy multiple shirts because I knew this wouldn't last more than 2 hours. Got one for me and my two brothers who are all PortalHeads. w00t.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

Really? It's sold out by 5am est? Pretty Sirius GPP.

SaulB50

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SaulB50

I'm so glad I checked woot from my phone right at 10pm(and ordered it from there). Had I waited till I got home, I might've missed it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Shut the fffffront door. That is awesome, and sold out faster than anything I've ever seen here.

Well, count me in with the thousands of buyers tomorrow.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages BuffBillsFan

A (portion of a) day late and a dollar short, so to speak... I reckon I will have to get it another way.

Great design.

Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87

It sucks when I woke up at 4am est, and this was already gone for about two hours... Oh well, I'll have to try again tomorrow.

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

infinitezero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages infinitezero

NOOOOOooooo!!!

Had to follow Darth Vader on this one, but seriously it SOLD OUT! Baka!

slim82x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slim82x

Wow... sold out in <5hr... disappointed, I love Portal, and as was said before.. front AND back print? Guess I'll have to buy for $15 :/

WaxDrag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages WaxDrag

Now I bemoan my distraction. If only I had checked in prior to 3am. Well, I shall see this shirt on the reckoning! Good thing I have a discount due to my random shirt purchases :D

Baby, I'm like being pregnant...sooner or later I'm going to show.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Wow! Congrats bassanimation! and congrats in the sell out! yay!

acraigl

quality posts: 65 Private Messages acraigl

Guess I'll be paying $15 for this when it comes around again. I'm on the East Coast and normally I can get every shirt I want before I go to work. Too bad, but a great shirt -- rare to have a back design as well.

x2

dragonspellz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonspellz

I finally find a shirt.woot! shirt that I LOVE and it's sold out before 7am! I'm really sad.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Wow. What a thing to wake up to.
I don't get the reference, and that write-up certainly isn't going to help matters. But congrats, Bass! I like the illo even without knowing what it means. And a front/back print - double score!

alyssariffic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alyssariffic
TheCreaturE55 wrote:Was that a serious comment?

Well, if you look at the sales statistics, the east coast is pretty much on the zero end of the scale, so... I'd say his comment is pretty much accurate. After all, who is going to wake up at 3 AM to check the shirt?

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz

I feel like a total loser but here's a walkthrough on the write-up.

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very many that literally changed how people think. And not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?” Something like Doom or Quake or even Joust, those are games we could all play in a warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or something. But when you're playing a game that literally is based around the idea that you can make a hole in the game... man. That's something that you can only do in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world? We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today, ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get off their butts and make a new Half-Life.
Wear this shirt: and namecheck Narbacular Drop. You'll look like a videogame hipster.
Don’t wear this shirt: on bring-your-daughter-to-work day.
This shirt tells the world: "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.”
We call this color: Asphalt

silverpearl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverpearl

IT IS 645 AM FOR ME AND THE SHIRT IS SOLD OUT?
congrats to the artist, now put another shirt up woot

kldakey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kldakey

I predict this one will stay on the charts for a very, very long time. Someone needs to buy this shirt for Sheldon Cooper so he can explain it to the world.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jmmbell1987 wrote:Are you there, Goldenthorn? This thread is gonna need you something fierce. You're gonna be like Jack Bauer for the next 24 hours.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the SOLD OUT this early. Her artistry will be desperately needed today.

Congrats Bass!

And I have one question. What the heck is up with Montana?

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

chefsean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefsean

WOW...

chefsean
CLICK....>>.....ON...>>....TheMysteryBox>>>>>>