partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas

It's official, my computer hates me for the love I have shown to Portal with my Xbox. As evidence, I signed in today and bought this shirt before 12:36; however, my computer being the jealous lover that she is denied my PayPal machinations. O she is a cold mistress indeed.

Well I have news for you, computer, I will buy this shirt; the cake may be a lie, but that is the truth.

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

geczy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages geczy

Not sure why everyone's a fan of this shirt >.< it's a little cartoonish / childish for me.

hyde244

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hyde244
geczy wrote:Not sure why everyone's a fan of this shirt >.< it's a little cartoonish / childish for me.

Well, obviously if you've never played the video game Portal or understand the plot, the joke is going to be lost.

Reelenator

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reelenator

"This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS! It's hard to overstate my satisfaction..." Appropriate praise for this shirt! I'll be humming this all day. But I love this song, so that's fine by me!

jalapenojane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jalapenojane

Aarg, need more shirts!

bsmith1

quality posts: 101 Private Messages bsmith1
hyde244 wrote:Why not visit Portal's Wikipedia entry to see what's the point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_%28video_game%29#Awards

The plot is very clever, witty, simple/straight-forward, and downright brilliant.

You linked me to the awards section like that's supposed to impress me...lolz. I know the game is popular, but I asked what the point of it was. It's my understanding that you make holes in the walls to jump through to get to different areas. That's basically it, right? Are you competing against the clock or other players? Do you die if you don't get from point A to point B? Are you trying to escape or just make the computer happy? It seems to me it's just a "puzzle" game where you do the same thing over and over the only difference being the difficulty of the puzzle.

fieldafar

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fieldafar

Sold out?

NOOOOOOOOO....

adanabbett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adanabbett

The write-up, it hurts my brain.

Kind of laughing at the conspiracy theories flying about fewer sales for this shirt. Early sellouts happen. I don't believe that shirt.woot has anything against the diurnal. They probably don't hate the east coast. Yet.

It'll be for sale tomorrow. I'll go play and come back then.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
johndoe74 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's already sold out :/

Swayde wrote:Sold out already??!!! No!!! I hope someone takes the hint and comes up with a similar shirt. This one is way cool!

cantstopthesignal wrote:AWWWW!!!!!

I can't believe I missed this! Dang, does anybody know if they will ever reprint this shirt?

kmeltzer wrote:Sold out?!?!?! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Sell more!! Sell more!! Sell more!!!!

You may buy it tomorrow if you click on this link right here. It will cost you *$15* instead of 10. That is the price you pay for procrastination!

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

Alas! I awoke at 6 am EST to the dreaded "Sold Out". I shall buy this shirt later for more money.

Well played, Woot!, well played.

hyde244

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hyde244
bsmith1 wrote:You linked me to the awards section like that's supposed to impress me...lolz. I know the game is popular, but I asked what the point of it was. It's my understanding that you make holes in the walls to jump through to get to different areas. That's basically it, right? Are you competing against the clock or other players? Do you die if you don't get from point A to point B? Are you trying to escape or just make the computer happy? It seems to me it's just a "puzzle" game where you do the same thing over and over the only difference being the difficulty of the puzzle.

You are armed with a Portal gun that you use to solve puzzles to proceed to the next level. As the levels increase, so does the difficulty, such as having to bring along a Weighted Companion Cube or avoiding turrets. Throughout each level, the big brother-like computer GlaDOS communicates by way of audio messages to motivate the player. As you progress through the game, the plot is slowly revealed, showing more sinister motives for the tests that are being conducted. Escape soon becomes the way for survival in the game, despite the promises of cake (and grief counseling) at the test's conclusion.

To give you a taste of GlaDOS' uplifting messages, here's a Youtube video of some of her sayings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwGKHs3CHaE&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_657750

dijital101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dijital101

wow, i didn't even know that the shirts could sell out

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
fester8542 wrote:You guys did this with the last popular shirt. Then threw it on the reckoning for $5 more plus shipping the next day.

For a "deals" site you sure do pull some dirty.

Psst. We do it with EVERY shirt. It's kind of our system.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Will this be the shirt that displaces "The Binge" from the top sellers slot?

move along

raveious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raveious

need more, i want to one *drual*

wootieville

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootieville

Great Marketing Genius Strategy Woot!

(Yes, I'll be buying in "the reckoning")

(for other wooters ...this shirt costs more to produce because it has to be printed and dried on two sides). Hey Woot, I'm 67+ and wear your shirts ...Do I get a "Senior Discount"? LOL

Thanks to everyone for "explaning" the shirt.

bsmith1

quality posts: 101 Private Messages bsmith1
hyde244 wrote:You are armed with a Portal gun that you use to solve puzzles to proceed to the next level. As the levels increase, so does the difficulty, such as having to bring along a Weighted Companion Cube or avoiding turrets. Throughout each level, the big brother-like computer GlaDOS communicates by way of audio messages to motivate the player. As you progress through the game, the plot is slowly revealed, showing more sinister motives for the tests that are being conducted. Escape soon becomes the way for survival in the game, despite the promises of cake (and grief counseling) at the test's conclusion.

Thanks, pal.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel

SOLD OUT! NOOOOOOOOOO!

Bass - this is adorable. I will be buying this in reckoning. Congrats on a great daily and a SOLD OUT SHIRT!

I saw this on a ton of news feeds too... about darn time you got the recognition you greatly deserve!!!

I'm totally a Team Bass person. ;)

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer
Assassin15 wrote:It will cost you *$15* instead of 10. That is the price you pay for procrastination!

You mean.. sleeping? By your logic, if you went to bed before 1am, or didn't wake up before 2:36am you procrastinated.

dynatos

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dynatos

noooo, I can't believe I missed this shirt! This is absolutely amazing. Definitely wished I had seen this earlier and picked one up. Great shirt!

awhuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awhuy

Anyone notice this shirt doesn't make sense in the realm of portal... if this was a real portaling, then the mouse's hind legs would be poking out with his tail while his head and torso would be on the other side with the cheese... in this realistic sense, this mouse has no legs. Rur-roh!

prowerlbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prowerlbear

dag nabbit, i finally figured out the write up... then noticed it was sold out... gah!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
awhuy wrote:Anyone notice this shirt doesn't make sense in the realm of portal... if this was a real portaling, then the mouse's hind legs would be poking out with his tail while his head and torso would be on the other side with the cheese... in this realistic sense, this mouse has no legs. Rur-roh!

Ok, so I'm NOT the only one that noticed/wondered about that...!

Maybe it's a PC mouse, they have no legs either...

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

Congrats on the amazingly quick sellout, bass! I did have to look up the reference, being a non-computer-game kind of person, but the mouse is adorable!

Gil212

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gil212

and i was totally gonna post the answer, but then like 5 billion people beat me to it. :<
i think i'll do it anyway :P

In the entire history of video games, there aren't verymany that literally changed how people think. Andnot just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name canthey have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking inthe sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"Something like Doom or Quake or evenJoust, those are games we could all play in awarehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't haveflying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs orsomething. But when you're playing a game that literallyis based around the idea that you can make a hole inthe game... man. That's something that you can only doin the computer. How could you walk through a warehousewall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Thenit's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to getoff their butts and make a new Half-Life.

shay7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shay7

I'm really glad I was able to snag this shirt before it sold out. Sorry to all who missed out, though.

If it's any consolation, I'm sure I'll be nodding off later this afternoon here at work from staying up late to buy it.

*offers mini companion cheese cubes to everyone*

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Holy cow!! Thank you so much for the support and purchases everyone! :D Even Daisy is happy, and Daisy is never happy, buwahaha:

jab991

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jab991

Yep, this shirt's a triumph.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 64 Private Messages sparrowhawk69
Assassin15 wrote:You may buy it tomorrow if you click on this link right here. It will cost you *$15* instead of 10. That is the price you pay for procrastination!

procrastination? Is that that thing that feels really good but can lead to carpal tunnel? If so it's worth the extra 5 bucks.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

aaronshep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronshep

This is what I think the description says. Any additions?

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very|
|many that literally changed how people think. And|
|not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can|
|they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in |
|the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"|
|Something like Doom or Quake or even|
|Joust, those are games we could all play in a|
|warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have|
|flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or|
|something. But when you're playing a game that literally|
|is based around the idea that you can make a hole in|
|the game... man. That's something that you can only do|
|in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse|
|wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?|
|We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,|
|ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then|
|it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get|
|off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Haha, perfect "Wooo" mouth.

Well I'm going to be playing a whole lot of Portal 2 until this becomes available again tomorrow.

SBJoyner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SBJoyner

Wahhhhhhh!!! I want one!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Someone's got BINGE MONEY comin'!!! Congrats Bass!!!!!!!

mdm91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdm91

This can't sell out! I have to have one!

the1manofmega

quality posts: 1 Private Messages the1manofmega

warp I missed the best shirt for Portal or is it a Lie!?

'Time to Spread my Creativity because its allays 420 in Wayne's World. Yay!'

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I'm interested in the genesis of this design. Considering the timing, was this a commission, was it supply push, collaboration, other?

~An inquiring mind.

move along

gryphoncreation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncreation

dang, I sooo need to get this for my brother, who's birthday just happens to be at the end of this month...but it's now sold out...they should do a second printing so we can still get it at todays price....

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn
fester8542 wrote: You guys did this with the last popular shirt. Then threw it on the reckoning for $5 more plus shipping the next day.

For a "deals" site you sure do pull some dirty.

Llander wrote: Psst. We do it with EVERY shirt. It's kind of our system.

Not to mention that shipping is free (unlike every other t-shirt site I buy from) for normal shipping.

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen

I've never played Portal.
But i love the shirt, and the copy!