jiko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jiko

It was sold out way before 9am, I was up PLAYING the game at 4 and it was already gone =C

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace!

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester
bassanimation wrote:Holy cow!! Thank you so much for the support and purchases everyone! :D Even Daisy is happy, and Daisy is never happy, buwahaha:

That's cool and all, but where's the dancing fat mouse?!! It's not a Bass print without that little guy making an appearance.

maggiegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maggiegrace

wow it only took me 12 hours to figure out what this shirt meant.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
bluejester wrote:That's cool and all, but where's the dancing fat mouse?!! It's not a Bass print without that little guy making an appearance.

Oh dear. I was under the impression that it was a cat. One of us is quite wrong.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

What an elegantly done homage to Portal!

For those who think it is just a simple puzzle game, take a look at this.

kravin6552

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kravin6552

Sold Out?! Make more please!!

KeyserSoze33

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KeyserSoze33

Is actually eating a piece of cake while reading this thread... ironic.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
bsmith1 wrote:I've never played Portal. What's the point of the game? Running around jumping through holes you make in the walls? Seems like it would get old fast.

That's 'cause you've never played it.

Mayday408

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mayday408

Does anyone know when will this go on sale for $15?

Sad I didn't check woot at 10

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Mayday408 wrote:Does anyone know when will this go on sale for $15?

Sad I didn't check woot at 10

The ongoing sale starts tonight at midnight here!

mdm91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdm91

This can't sell out! I have to have one!

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

WAAAAANT!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

Portal is on my list of games I need to play.

Minecraft was on that list, but after the woot shirt recently about it, I got the game.

I'm sensing a trend here. :]

Make a TF2 shirt, woot! :D

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

caffinat3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caffinat3r

Good thing I decided to buy this while I was in bed at 1am :D

Excellent shirt, and I shall be adding it to the ~16 other Woot shirts I have!

omgwin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages omgwin

SOLD OUT?! WHYYYY

artistatheart101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artistatheart101

I have to have this shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woot you should print MORE shirts so you are not sold out before lunchtime !!!!!!!!!!

stormygoddess

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stormygoddess

You can buy it at midnight, chill.
Or if you're just bitter you have to pay $5 more, well, stay up late next time. :P

sniffies

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sniffies

I might be late with this one, and perhaps somebody beat me to it, but here's the writeup without using quantum space holes:

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very many that literally changed how people think. And not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?" Something like Doom or Quake or even Joust, those are games we could all play in a warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or something. But when you're playing a game that literally is based around the idea that you can make a hole in the game... man. That's something that you can only do in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world? We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today, ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

Wear this shirt: on bring-your-daughter-to-work day.

Don’t wear this shirt: Narbacular Drop. You'll look like a videogame hipster.

This shirt tells the world: "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.

We call this color: Asphalt.

- Cave "We're done here" Johnson

jellywong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jellywong

love the back~ already purchased one for a friend, thinking of adding another for myself!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

artistatheart101 wrote:I have to have this shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woot you should print MORE shirts so you are not sold out before lunchtime !!!!!!!!!!

omgwin wrote:SOLD OUT?! WHYYYY

MathUhhhSaurus wrote:WAAAAANT!

mdm91 wrote:This can't sell out! I have to have one!

kravin6552 wrote:Sold Out?! Make more please!!

What, you ask; how is this possible? I don't GET IT--I just don't understand, you wail! But, lo!, what help is this? Reading comments, perhaps even glancing at the quality posts, one sees... that shirt.woot staff totally helps you out in your time of need:

tgentry wrote:The ongoing sale starts tonight at midnight here!

And before that? AND BEFORE THAT? Look at this GQMF! Just look at his post! Look at that genius, that generosity, that information distribution, those crazy linking skillz:

Assassin15 wrote:You may buy it tomorrow if you click on this link right here. It will cost you *$15* instead of 10. That is the price you pay for procrastination!

brettnolan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brettnolan

Woot could make A LOT more money if they didn't limit shirts to just 3000 units. I imagine they could have had 2x, 3x or more sales of this shirt alone had it not been limited.

They should switch to TeeFury's model and limit it to a 24-hour period and not a number of units.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
brettnolan wrote:Woot could make A LOT more money if they didn't limit shirts to just 3000 units. I imagine they could have had 2x, 3x or more sales of this shirt alone had it not been limited.

They should switch to TeeFury's model and limit it to a 24-hour period and not a number of units.

LOL at your post following the one right above it! The shirt being sold out generates buzz and demand over a full 24-hour period. Think of all the people who will be lined-up tomorrow to buy it at $15! Seems like that's a more profitable approach, if you ask me.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
brettnolan wrote:Woot could make A LOT more money if they didn't limit shirts to just 3000 units. I imagine they could have had 2x, 3x or more sales of this shirt alone had it not been limited.

Woot has an extra layer that you don't seem to take into account. After the first day the shirts come back on the reckoning with no sales cap at 15.00 each. It will stay for sale as long as people are willing to buy enough shirts to keep it in the top 20 of 27 shirts.

I think this shirt will do better than fine with this sells model. It's only the first day that's tough, tomorrow they'll be plenty of shirts for everybody.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

You are right. Which is exactly why shirt printings aren't limited. Carry on.

Kayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kayne

What a DB move... they only offered 3000 of them for sale knowing they would sell out in minutes so they could jack the price to 15.00 a pop for the 30k or so they will sell tomorrow.

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

Just think... only $12 during the next woot-off lunch break.

Amazing how much whine we have had with the fake cheeze.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69
Kayne wrote:What a DB move... they only offered 3000 of them for sale knowing they would sell out in minutes so they could jack the price to 15.00 a pop for the 30k or so they will sell tomorrow.

If this sells 30 thousand tomorrow as you suggest I'm gonna have to ask Ms. Bass to marry me. Nevermore has sold less than 37,000 in a 3 year run so I'm gonna say 30,000 is a bit high.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

zyren

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zyren
Kayne wrote:What a DB move... they only offered 3000 of them for sale knowing they would sell out in minutes so they could jack the price to 15.00 a pop for the 30k or so they will sell tomorrow.

There's nothing "DB" about it. They limit every shirt they sell on the first day to 3000 prints. Most of them don't even sell out.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
j5 wrote:I'm interested in the genesis of this design. Considering the timing, was this a commission, was it supply push, collaboration, other?

~An inquiring mind.

I am not Bass, but I know she has a thing for rodents. There's even a picture of her pet rat in this thread. I'll let her comment on the other stuff if she wants.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

congrats Bass Animation totally awesome design, I've never seen a front and back print on here before

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn

No.

1) Woot did not make an exception for this shirt. It is the same number as any other first day shirt.

2) Woot is popular with many artists because of their model; it's one of the more generous models. Artists get $1000 for being selected, then AFTER the first day of sales, they get $2 per shirt sold. If Woot decided to print more shirts than normal, they would be taking money away from the artists that provide them with their designs. Would not be a good incentive for artists to continue submitting work here. People should be able to know ahead of time exactly what to expect in the form of compensation.

saera55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saera55

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very
many that literally changed how people think. And
not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can
they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in
the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"
Something like Doom or Quake or even
Joust, those are games we could all play in a
warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have
flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or
something. But when you're playing a game that literally
is based around the idea that you can make a hole in
the game... man. That's something that you can only do
in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse
wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?
We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,
ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then
it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get
off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

Wear this shirt: and namecheck Narbacular Drop. You'll look like a videogame hipster.
Don’t wear this shirt: on bring-your-daughter-to-work day.
This shirt tells the world: "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.
We call this color: Asphalt.

theclubber

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theclubber

Did you guys know Portal 2 comes out today!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
theclubber wrote:Did you guys know Portal 2 comes out today!

O M G!! REALLY?

That would certainly explain the fast sellout.

move along

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
jmmbell1987 wrote:The write-up reminded me of "House of Leaves".

Poor Johnny Truant fell into a ____ of his own and now he will never be able to buy a shirt for himself. If only he knew his way heim.

subtleSuburbia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages subtleSuburbia

this is the greatest shirt i have ever seen

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
bassanimation wrote:Holy cow!! Thank you so much for the support and purchases everyone! :D Even Daisy is happy, and Daisy is never happy, buwahaha:

Of course Daisy is never happy. She's about to be nom'd! I first read her speech bubble as "Nooooo!"

drizzyunderscore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drizzyunderscore

I missed this awesome shirt because I played portal from midnight till 8am!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
ThunderThighs wrote:LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the SOLD OUT this early. Her artistry will be desperately needed today.

Congrats Bass!

And I have one question. What the heck is up with Montana?

I grew up there and I still haven't figured out an answer to that question.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff