+ Add a Comment

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Cute, Boots! You know that game is totally fixed.

I'm pretty sure that Leonard Cohen wrote everybody knows after losing thousands of dollars trying to win one of those goldfish.

k8edid3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3
Re: Prepared Fish

i was really hoping for a fish bowl ping pong ball game entry. i love it! GMV!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: To Hell and Back

Phenomenal coloring! I want this!

instantramen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages instantramen
Re: THE ULTIMATE THRILL RIDE

I'd ride it, but I'd probably feel bad about kicking the shark in the nose unless it was a robo-shark.

odysseyroc

Re: Tiger Blood

Another great design! +1

fishbiscuit5

Re: Big Winner!

That robot is completely loveable. He looks like he had a very satisfying day of fun. Love it!

dooomcat

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dooomcat
seanpsimmons wrote:Funny concept and good art. I can't buy anything with bunnies or pandas, though, just on principal.

I understand, but people aren't often interested in shirts with people on them and I needed an animal with long ears to wave in the breeze...

@usopp: thanks! www.dooomcat.com or you can check out my web comic as the art's pretty similar: www.bearnutscomic.com

jb2colorado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb2colorado
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Phenomenol coloring! I want this!

classic Chumpmagic. Really nicely done. stoked about this one.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Cycle of Life: A Ride for Water

This is brilliant! I look forward to buying this one.

odysseyroc

Re: Cycle of Life: A Ride for Water

Nice work, I like your color palette a lot.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Sign Park

Resubmitted after getting some quality feedback.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: The Nerdiest Place on Earth!

Re-submitted without all the extraneous text.
Have a ball at the "Nerdiest" place on earth.

Featured rides:
The Double Helix of Doom
Towering Test Tube Traumatizer
Flask Mountain
Ferrous Wheel

lauradzlg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lauradzlg
chumpmagic wrote:Very cool. what is this a sequel to?

I assume this one.
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8225

dolphin76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolphin76
Re: Prepared Fish

Love it, great work as always, Boots! Best of luck, would love to buy 1 or 2 of these next week!

w: 10 w.w: 15 s.w: 60 so.w: 3 k.w: 7

funnytoad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages funnytoad
Re: When Sparks Fly

Maybe if you used different color hexagons, instead of outlines that make hexagons? then it wouldnt make me look at the floor, or maybe just a more muted color.

fishbiscuit5

Re: Tea Time

Creative idea and awesome use of colors. I like the way you did the background.

cmdixon2

Re: Tiger Blood

Wow, didn't think this would create controversy about being somehow pop culture. The title really shouldn't matter. The only reason I titled it "Tiger Blood" is because I honestly couldn't think of anything that better fit the scene.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
lauradzlg wrote:I assume this one.
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8225

Ahh... way before my time. I'm down for the series though

lucky1988

Re: Sign Park

You were wise to omit all the text, my design was rejected. I saw your design in the pre-derby forum thread (on page 5) and when no one said anything about all the descriptive text you had on your original design, I thought it would be allowed in the derby.

fishbiscuit5

lucky1988

fishbiscuit5 wrote:voted again!

Thanks fishbiscuit5!

chumpmagic

Re: To Hell and Back

Thank you so much everyone. I am really glad so many are enjoying the design and I appreciate the comments! You are all awesome and have good taste!

@Kevlar... I didn't see it until you mentioned it, but it is kind of the "warm" version of "Oh Shiny." Good eye

leroo15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leroo15
cmdixon2 wrote:I really like this one.

I think you should add heat waves above the 4th one and change the 5th into one that has ketchup or mustard dripping down his face.

GMV either way.

Solid suggestion! I made the changes and I thank you very much. I knew there was something missing...

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

What exactly is being stolen here? Does Ramy have a copyright on hastily drawn baby reapers?

I think this is a riot. It's further evidence (not that it was needed) that anyone with a modicum of artistic ability can produce Ramy-style junk. Yet when it's under another person's name it doesn't shoot to the fog. And I'm not the least bit surprised.

fishbiscuit5

blk909 wrote:Love the green & purple together!

The credit goes to odysseyroc for making color suggestions on this design. Thanks, OR!

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

I changed the ink colors and added more support system to the coaster. Thanks novastarj for the constructive criticism. The extra wood structure really did help the design.

--------
Added text:

I also want to thank every woot voter that helped me get me to this point. This is my best entry yet and very exciting for me.

Clearing the fog (wishful pun):
I don't have a big woot following and I don't "get votes from a newsletter, mass emails, fake accounts or shout outs". I was not accused of this nor do I think many good artist on woot use these methods. See GUMIYO thread for quote.

I have a few friends and my family behind me - thanks guys. ANY artist with skills and drive can make it on woot. Thank you everyone and thanks woot.

Now, onto the main attraction.

Creative: The derby topic was released at noon and I was on the phone with my wife... "BIG" she replied.

From there, I got back to my biggest memory from my adolescent amusement park trips. My FIRST big ride. The American Eagle. Six Flags Great America - Gurnee, Illinois.

The shirt image is my memory of looking up at the big drop standing in line. The two inks were selected to represent the final ride.

The American Eagle - WIKI: "127 feet (38 m) tall and reaches speeds of 66 mph (105 km/h). The bottom of the first drop is built 20 feet (6.1 m) below ground level, bringing the height of the first drop to just over 147 feet (45 m). The Eagle debuted in 1981 as the tallest and fastest racing wooden roller coaster in the world, which it still retains today."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CRAP! I accidentally deleted Funnytoad's post. Apologies. Here it is. :

BootsBoots wrote:you assume the person wearing the shirt is the "ride" (which is pretty sexual). It might not be what you intended, but it might come across that way.

Boots = Win

Trav, think of this as a learning experience instead of moaning about how unfair the world is. Your competing against folks that have talent. If you have it, find the spot where it SHINES BRILLIANT!

Expect to get shot down often and hard.
Rebound or don't, but don't whine.

I LIKE the thought of your design, but I wouldn't wear your shirt to my workplace for fear of having my face beat in by a mob of ... uhh... my workmates.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

meatpopsicle333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meatpopsicle333

Seems like the circles that make up the sphere are all off.

cmdixon2

Re: Delusions of Grandeur

Since my other entry was going to be rejected for somehow breaking the "no pop culture" rule, here it is again. Same exact design. New title.

Please re-vote everyone!
Thanks!

lucky1988

Re: Get Off My Back!

Ha, so cute! +1

lucky1988

chuuie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chuuie
Re: Tunnel of Love

I would really like this shirt if it had a "going in the tunnel" image of just two rabbits, then with this as the "exit" picture >.<

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
cmdixon2 wrote:Since my other entry was going to be rejected for somehow breaking the "no pop culture" rule, here it is again. Same exact design. New title.

Please re-vote everyone!
Thanks!

i don't get it, tittle not matter at all!
anyway +1 again

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick

odysseyroc

re-voted.

chumpmagic

I guess when they say no pop culture it goes beyond just the art.... *shrug*

Kind of poopy, but better sooner than later I guess. Revoted!

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName

Wouldn't the cat also look skinnier in a concave mirror?

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Standards

There's nothing amusing about trying to ride your favorite ride and you not being tall enough. :P

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah
kaseyfleming wrote:I would have put a few kids in the tea cup screaming but hey thats just me... gmv

cmdixon2

Re: Really Bad Day – resub

Nice changes! I like this better. Tough decision ahead though as you may be splitting your votes with two versions. Good luck...and gmv!