MaximusTCR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaximusTCR
Re: Lost in Nightmares

When ever I think of the word "amusement park" the cover or the Goosebumps book "One Day at Horrorland" cover art, which I read as a kid always comes to mind. I was hoping someone would sort of play off that theme in this derby. So far, this is the only shirt I would buy. You got my vote.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Synelia wrote:I like this concept, I kind of wish it was not on yellow, but I don't know any good other color for it to be on. Still awesome idea! :D

Thanks!
It's weird how seldom yellow shirts win the derby. I thought it was worth a try.

MaximusTCR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaximusTCR

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
kevlar51 wrote:This one went through a lot of revisions, thanks a lot to everyone who helped me out and provided feedback!

I like this, but it still looks like balloon-on-a-stick to me.

and your sig link needs updated.

move along

NavyDallas

quality posts: 7 Private Messages NavyDallas
Re: Rules to Ride...

How about the obvious?

If you have to use the argument that your design is "everyday common", then why the heck are you bothering to submit it?

The reason for the "No" from Woot? How about because the theme of your shirt is "No this" and "No that"? I thought Woot's rejection wording was rather clever.

A genuine original Woot!-istanian.

elwayman02

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02
Re: Black Stallion

Looks great! Good luck 4man!

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
Re: Fun house reflections

Judging from the angle of the reflection in the second mirror, the second bunny must have two faces, which makes it creepier than the fourth bunny.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: UFO and SnoCone meet

Kindred spirits meet at an Amusement Park- the fluorescent green snow cone, and a hungry UFO.

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
Re: at the washer park!

I wonder if anyone else bases their shirt design on it own self. i think the shirt comp was superfluous at this point.

ever have your photo taken on a ride? i thought this would be interesting to address the most potentially fun ride in your own house- the washing machine!!!

tomsman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tomsman
hankescu wrote:Cute, but ketchup on a corn dog is an abomination. Mustard only.

What's funny is that if it prints I would buy this in a heartbeat with ketchup on it - mustard would take it out of the running for me! Seriously - I loathe mustard.

+1

Looking for MXLs Alien Sonogram, Tin: Old Skool, Puppet Checkup and Flesh Wound from Teefury; A Wicked Mess, F5 Refreshes You, and Sissy Fight. PM or teetrade (tomsman)for trade or sell.

banjodeluxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banjodeluxe

This is stunning work- it has exactly the right colors to create the perfect tone/atmosphere to all the creepy-neat visuals. GMV, I wish I could vote for this twice.

tomsman

Re: BACON Chocolate-Covered, Deep-Fried Cotton Candy

you forgot the powdered sugar on top! lol

Looking for MXLs Alien Sonogram, Tin: Old Skool, Puppet Checkup and Flesh Wound from Teefury; A Wicked Mess, F5 Refreshes You, and Sissy Fight. PM or teetrade (tomsman)for trade or sell.

banjodeluxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banjodeluxe
Re: All About the Food

This is cute, and it's cute in a way that I would actually wear occasionally. Good work, thanks for using a jellyfish and not ... you know, the Woot!cute usual. (penguins, bunnies, squirrels, kittens.)

tomsman

Sevenie wrote:Not gonna lie. My first thought when I saw the thumbnail was, "Whoa...Ramy isn't in the fog already?"

Same here. I saw the name and did a double take.

Muppethero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muppethero
tazfreeatlast wrote:Judging from the angle of the reflection in the second mirror, the second bunny must have two faces, which makes it creepier than the fourth bunny.

I am not sure you know this, but it's also a movie reference to the movie "Mask" (not jim carry"

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Delusions of Grandeur

I love it so much!

Great work like always!

+1

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Nerdiest Place on Earth!

The titles were funny, but all the jokes still work. Great design.

:^)

walmazan

Re: “License and Registration”

Thanks for all the votes and comments and I glad you like it so far!

walmazan

Re: The Nerdiest Place on Earth!

So awesome! you got my vote again!

+1

maesk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maesk

So true, love it!

leroo15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leroo15
cmdixon2 wrote:Nice changes! I like this better. Tough decision ahead though as you may be splitting your votes with two versions. Good luck...and gmv!

Yeah, I decided to leave it overnight and see which one was doing better. Resub won so I ditched the old one. Glad you like it!

leroo15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leroo15
tomsman wrote:What's funny is that if it prints I would buy this in a heartbeat with ketchup on it - mustard would take it out of the running for me! Seriously - I loathe mustard.

+1

I was actually debating over mustard and ketchup. Ketchup won because it looked better to me from a design standpoint. I enjoy both, I am an equal opportunity condiment consumer.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Free Dragon Rides!

awww poor vikings...so excited for a free ride they failed to even look up.

check out the BIGGER version.

cindyjoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cindyjoy
collinvh wrote:I changed the ink colors and added more support system to the coaster. Thanks novastarj for the constructive criticism. The extra wood structure really did help the design.

I love the extra supports. Reminds me of my favorite coaster in San Diego. However, I prefer the original colors.

irishdevilwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishdevilwoman

So Awesome! I love this and so would my daughter!!

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: Scary Ride

It's cute, but I don't get it. This one's a miss for me. What happened to the shirts like the one for woodcuts? I wanna see more like that, ramyb.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
thumperchick wrote:I think I actually like this better without the text! +1

Agreed!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
ward7299 wrote:haha, yeah, i suppose hot oil and cotton candy don't mix either, so my design is somewhat impossible :D

Deep fried, baconized cotton candy? all it needs is a nugget of cheese in the middle and it would be a Wisconsin State Fair special!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

Not to be a pooper, but the mirrors are reversed. Concave will appear smaller and covex will appear larger.

Or I can smoke some more magic mushrooms and just enjoy the idea. But if I wore it, I would have smoke everyone out or they would think my Tshirt was wonky.
BlindDog3D

Electrified

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Electrified

Do not change a thing it is perfect!! Love it.

blinddog3d

Re: Murphy's Law of Theme Parks

The image is the same size as the detail.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: “License and Registration”

Love this. I really don't know how you come up with such clever concepts every week. You're a machine!

ichimunki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ichimunki
chumpmagic wrote:At the moment, this is a huge NO-NO in the art world.

A huge no no? in the ART world? Ha. Not hardly. Maybe in the commercial, Disney-ified we-take-public-domain stories and turn them into our Intellectumal Propitty(TM) world. But in the real art world this sort of thing has been going on for years and years and years. Please to research: Marcel Duchamp. Andy Warhol.

I believe this "ripoff" is just unsubtle enough to indicate Mockery of the Highest Sort. Indeed, the very fact that Ramyb submitted several designs in the last derby, one of which traded heavily on a trademarked character *already on the Reckoning page* opens him up to just this sort of commentary.

Or perhaps this is Ramyb messing with our heads. By igniting just this sort of discussion!

Hahahah! That would be a meta-mockery of the highest order!

I'm still not voting for this shirt because I would never wear it.

blinddog3d

I see you in there!

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
banjodeluxe wrote:This is cute, and it's cute in a way that I would actually wear occasionally. Good work, thanks for using a jellyfish and not ... you know, the Woot!cute usual. (penguins, bunnies, squirrels, kittens.)

Thanks, banjodeluxe! :-) Seems like it's the "Woot!cute usual" that sells, though... mebbe I should've done a multi-armed bunny :-P

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: The Red Barron's First Flight

This is beautiful! The sunset and park lights are just gorgeous.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
blinddog3d wrote:Not to be a pooper, but the mirrors are reversed. Concave will appear smaller and covex will appear larger.

Or I can smoke some more magic mushrooms and just enjoy the idea. But if I wore it, I would have smoke everyone out or they would think my Tshirt was wonky.
BlindDog3D

I'll just leave this here.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

GMV again!

fishbiscuit5

Re: Scary Ride

I thought for sure this would be in the fog this morning.

fishbiscuit5

walmazan wrote:Thanks for all the votes and comments and I glad you like it so far!

I love this one! The colors are perfect and the concept is hilarious. Bumper cars are my favorite.