macdoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macdoodle

Exactly... even if you did win something, what would be the chances of winning something really cool. Thank you for commenting, I’m a first timer. Can you also tell me what the + numbers mean.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
midgerock wrote:My daughter inspires me now again with design and I know she would love this one as well. I hope it gets a chance to print. Love your color choices as always!! gmv.

Thanks, I wanted to reply to all the great comments but thus weekend has been crazy so far.

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow
Re: Prepared Fish

Fun shirt! But can I have mine prepared with a little saffron and butter?

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc
macdoodle wrote:Exactly... even if you did win something, what would be the chances of winning something really cool. Thank you for commenting, I’m a first timer. Can you also tell me what the + numbers mean.

The +1 just means they voted for you. +1

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
tazfreeatlast wrote:No one else sees a potential issue from the trademarked french fry box design?

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/terms_conditions.html

Under the paragraph entitled TRADEMARK INFORMATION (third line down, at about the middle of the line):
The following trademarks used herein are owned by the McDonald’s Corporation and its affiliates: French Fry Box Design
Are you kidding me? There will be no trademark problems with a generic red fry box. Sometimes you people are crazy nit picky... Tell me you knew this McDonalds link before hand and didn't actively go searching for it when you saw this design.
Maybe a resubmission with a flat line across the top &/or bottom of the box should be done?

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
DJTweekNYC wrote:

sorry it deleted what I was trying to say. What I wanted to say is you are crazy and people on this site are crazy nitpicky some times. There will be no trademark problems with a generic red fry box. Tell me you had known about that McDonalds site ahead of time and didn't go actively looking for it because you almost wet your pants when you saw a red french fry box.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: I Get Around... and Around...

I had another idea that didn't pan out so I went with the only ride that doesn't make me sick... thank goodness for dramamine!

There are some great entries this week. Show them some love... and feel free to show me some too if you want. ;)

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
jeleavitt wrote:I agree with with collinvh. There is no obvious reference to amusement parks. They appear to be "no female" signs that could be posted in parking spots, bathroom doors, or wherever. Knowing what the topic is, I thought the third one was "no riding with balloons".

I also agree that some explanation should have been given.

But like you said knowing the topic, and with the shirt title, you were able to deduce that they were warning/caution signs for a ride. Also, the sign with the girl holding a balloon was intended as a height thing and a no balloons as well, that's why there are two arrows... yeah that's it, I meant to do that ;)

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

emeycakes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages emeycakes
Re: Cycle of Life: A Ride for Water

I love this!!! There is a raindrop wearing a fanny pack... I mean, you can't really beat that for awesomeness.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: It's All Fun and Games Until...

That's pretty funny.

Nothing follows.

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan

Hilarious!!!! +1

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
Re: Heed the Warnings of The Ride...

Well here is my resub. I didn't make just the "certain body types may fit properly" as the thumbnail, as suggested. I also added a few more designs, a couple common and one funny not so well known one. Knowing the topic, title, and majority of the signs being very commonly associated with amusement park rides, Woot won't give me the rejection boot this time. Especially since there are an even number of female and male signs.

I don't know about the rest of you but waiting in line for a ride I always enjoyed reading all the cautionary warnings... because most of them are just common sense and it cracked me up to think they NEEDED to say these things.

Thanks Wooters

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: “License and Registration”

lol!!! Amazing amigo ,big fan of bumper cars, hope can buy it next week! (o;

BootsBoots

kaleidoscopicfailure wrote:I wonder if anyone else bases their shirt design on it own self. i think the shirt comp was superfluous at this point.

That's a nice touch.

I like the design a lot too.

BootsBoots

grrlmarvel wrote:I had another idea that didn't pan out so I went with the only ride that doesn't make me sick... thank goodness for dramamine!

There are some great entries this week. Show them some love... and feel free to show me some too if you want. ;)

I really like the design. I think I'd like it even more if it was on a dress instead of a shirt. A nice summery short loose dress. Wouldn't that look awesome? ...Now, make it happen! ;)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Voted. And I'm sure this will be printing soon!

Brilliant combo of idea & art.

BootsBoots

Re: Delusions of Grandeur

I love the colors! (and you know, the design's pretty terrific too)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Free Dragon Rides!

Awesome sauce. :D +1

(Quick vikings, use beard magic(tm)!)

BootsBoots

You're so clever, Robbie. So clever.

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4

Outside of the derby, this shirt doesn't work. The average person who looks at this shirt will have a hard time deciphering this shirt without knowing that it is referring to amusement parks.

brianginther

quality posts: 9 Private Messages brianginther

Bloons anyone?

http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Bloons-Games/Play/Bloons.html

awesome shirt!!

Karrey31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Karrey31

Love this.

taternuggets

srm8ib4 wrote:Outside of the derby, this shirt doesn't work. The average person who looks at this shirt will have a hard time deciphering this shirt without knowing that it is referring to amusement parks.

I've noticed that with many shirts over many derbies... when taken out of the context of the derby, the shirt doesn't really stand on it's own.

I'm not saying I agree about this entry, just the statement in general.

Nothing follows.

Karrey31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Karrey31
Re: The Rollercoaster of Love

I love this. So true.

kldakey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kldakey
The big bunny is so creepy but so cute, I love it Maybe he is a Flemish Giant? If you've never heard of Flemish Giant bunnies, do a google image search. No, it's not a joke- they're real and I WANT ONE!

I have a flemish giant. Her name is Jumba-lya. Jumba for short. I would definately buy 2 of these. I do rabbit rescue so keep on drawing bunnies. LOVE THIS!!! GMV

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

What bothers me, and bothered me about your original entry, is that your fetus is on top of the red bar. Had you moved the baby further up to her belly, the red bar could cross the entire image (as it should).

Even though you didn't get a good reason for your initial rejection, I suspect it was the inclusion of a fetus at crotch-level, which has not changed for this version. If that was it, you could still be rejected again. Birth is generally not a PG-experience, and this may flirt with the line woot sets.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Ha! Nice. Love the POV.

grrlmarvel

BootsBoots wrote:I really like the design. I think I'd like it even more if it was on a dress instead of a shirt. A nice summery short loose dress. Wouldn't that look awesome? ...Now, make it happen! ;)

Ohhh I like that... hmmm... now only if I could sew. LOL!

taternuggets

Re: “License and Registration”

The red ones always get pulled over.

Nothing follows.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero

I'm pretty sure I have a super secret crush on the girl in the design.

Is that weird? :P

Plus uno from me to you.

grrlmarvel

I find it funny that you chose to do the only two games I'm good at. Or wise.... because if you win, I will be obligated to buy... very smart Boots... very smart.

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh

Very nice artwork. I love your stylized horse! Composition is beautiful as well +1

episynth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages episynth
yankeebird wrote:What bothers me, and bothered me about your original entry, is that your fetus is on top of the red bar. Had you moved the baby further up to her belly, the red bar could cross the entire image (as it should).

I second that.

beexiong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beexiong
BootsBoots wrote:Pow!

Adorable! I love it.

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie

I love this one!!! Now you know few guys are going to vote for this so we need to get the Woot sisterhood up and voting! I really want this shirt!

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
yankeebird wrote:fetus at crotch-level

The way you worded it is making me LOL all over the place!

beaterbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar

sadly I agree that your comment has ruined everything and you should now pull the shirt. For one, it is most certainly just a woot reference shirt at this point. Before that, there was some mystique and social commentary. Alas, this is why I largely never read the 'liner notes' or interviews with artists about their work

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13

Following your pattern, shouldn't the popped one be yellow? Wow...I'm OCD or something...

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

if your intention was not to make this a no fat chicks shirt you could have easily fixed that by making the fat one a man, it would have looked better as well since the skirt looks weird on the fat one. this makes me thing that you really do just want a no fat chicks shirt snuck in there. to me now this shirt may look even worse now, since now you want no amputees and people with heart conditions but you will get "wet" on this ride. i think you just might have to face the facts on this one.