megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: I Get Around... and Around...

very pretty! love the skinniness of the horses legs =)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
jeanerz13 wrote:Following your pattern, shouldn't the popped one be yellow? Wow...I'm OCD or something...

Nice! It should. But perfect things are dull.

Thanks everyone!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: D-I-Ysneyland

Lines: WAlmazan
Colors: odysseyroc

This was a great collaboration to work on. I had a rudimentary idea for a low budget theme park, and the image of a kid being pushed in a cart. Wences took it to the next level with his amazing eye for humor, layout and art style.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
odysseyroc wrote:Lines: WAlmazan

This was a great collaboration to work on. I had a rudimentary idea for a low budget theme park, and the image of a kid being pushed in a cart. Wences took it to the next level with his amazing eye for humor, layout and art style.

Nou! you did! Thanks for the collab my friend!

beaterbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar
gumiyo wrote:saved.

Welcome to the Ramyb Experiment.

I see there's been much debate about this submission. Now that I have your attention, I'd like to invite real discussion.

Since Woot refuses to publicly reveal how they protect and monitor their website, and they have their obvious reasons, that leaves a Ramyb skeptic with several unverifiable questions. Let's look at them.

# Does Ramyb win by art alone, or is he using fake accounts? That's the main question that a Ramyb skeptic will ask.
> This design definitely didn't get votes from a newsletter, mass emails, fake accounts or shout outs, yet it's relatively high in the votes.

# Does this mean that people genuinely love Ramyb and vote accordingly?
> Either two things are happening. 1... People genuinely love the Ramyb style, or 2... People are "in on the joke" and are voting for it out of sheer entertainment.

Sadly for us Ramyb conspiracy theorists, this experiment does speak well for him winning by sheer style, although it doesn't explain why his designs jump out of the reckoning all the time, like :School: that just won't die. That question remains unanswered and can only be determined by a Woot staff member that can follow buying trends, shipping addresses and so on.

# This design didn't shoot straight to the fog. Does that mean Ramyb does use fake accounts?
> Unfortunately, this also can only be answered by a Woot staff member. It's exasperating when almost every single one of his designs shoots straight to the top. Why does that happen? Maybe this did not fog because it's a Gumiyo, not a Ramyb. Or maybe because it wasn't helped along by fake accounts. We just do not know.

# Why are we seeing new accounts that look exactly like Ramyb, more so than this one.
> Maybe Ramyb is trying to change names and get out of the hate. Maybe there are other artists that are already using the Ramyb style before this submission. We do not know.

# Woot did not reject this for forgery or plagiarism. Does that mean anyone can submit the Ramyb style?
> My assumption is that Woot would encourage you to learn what Wooters like, improve your craft, and design what sells. Cute sells. If cute is not in your skill set, take a chance by designing something more realistic. Otherwise, Woot sells cute. DBH sells big artsy. Teefury sells parody. That's just how it works.

In summary, while this experiment did not satisfy all my questions, it does make me consider that people genuinely love the Ramyb style, from which he may get most of his votes. Is there any additional funny business behind the scenes? It's certainly uncanny how many Ramyb designs win and stay reckoned.

Now. What do you think.

Also, just go to a university campus or some other place where there are a bunch of young people wearing t-shirts. Count the # of woot shirts. Count the # of ramybs. If my experience is correct, the ramyb wearers will be proportional to his total sales suggesting that people like to wear his art and this isn't some vast conspiracy in which he is breaking the bank and buying tons of his own shirts for some bizarre ego trip. While observational, it likely has more validity than this n = 1 experiment.

fixial

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fixial
Re: Heed the Warnings of The Ride...

Though I love the shirt and would buy it in a second, without the context of the Derby, It's a "no fat chicks" shirt.. Sorry man.. Good work though. And I agree that the Previous "No" was pretty Sirius GPP.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5

Wear this shirt: When you want the ladies to know what to expect. amirite?

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Lines: WAlmazan

This was a dream collaboration, for me. I had a rudimentary idea for a low budget theme park, and the image of a kid being pushed in a cart. Wences took it to the next level with his amazing eye for humor, layout and art style.

walmazan

odysseyroc wrote:Lines: WAlmazan

This was a dream collaboration, for me. I had a rudimentary idea for a low budget theme park, and the image of a kid being pushed in a cart. Wences took it to the next level with his amazing eye for humor, layout and art style.

Tony! you did an amazing work, and so happy to do this with you! You are awesome!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Prepared Fish

So..... where did a fish get a hardhat?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

The kid in the helmet cracks me up. Great collab!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Nice collab! This turned out great!
That guy needs to increase his rates though if he's ever going to recoup expenses.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
BootsBoots wrote:Haha! That's really cute.

Thanks so much, Boots.

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: Derby Dreams

What am I doing here in an Amusement Park carousel? I wish I was in the Kentucky Derby, running for the roses.

..and I wish I was at the stands wearing one of those large brimmed hats watching the Derby horses!

backliteyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backliteyes
Re: It's All Fun and Games Until...

Brilliant, such bright and fun colors too. One of the few I would actually purchase, good job.

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: Derby Dreams

What am I doing here in an Amusement Park carousel? I wish I was in the Kentucky Derby, running for the roses.

..and I wish I was at the stands wearing one of those large brimmed hats watching the Derby horses!

BootsBoots

Re: Carousel Ride To Your Doom

Creepy and kind of weird! I'd wear the hell out of it.

BootsBoots

walmazan wrote:Tony! you did an amazing work, and so happy to do this with you! You are awesome!

You both did amazing work. It's such a great blend of both your styles.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
BootsBoots wrote:Creepy and kind of weird! I'd wear the hell out of it.

Thanks, Boots! It came to me this morning, and then I couldn't help but get it done, munching chocolate bunny heads all the while!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
beaterbar wrote:Also, just go to a university campus or some other place where there are a bunch of young people wearing t-shirts. Count the # of woot shirts. Count the # of ramybs. If my experience is correct, the ramyb wearers will be proportional to his total sales suggesting that people like to wear his art and this isn't some vast conspiracy in which he is breaking the bank and buying tons of his own shirts for some bizarre ego trip. While observational, it likely has more validity than this n = 1 experiment.

I think it really depends on where you're at. I'm a graduate student at Michigan State and it's not Washington but they buy their fair share usually. I've seen a lot of woot shirts around campus and I've only ever seen one ramy.

beaterbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar
mrwednesday wrote:I think it really depends on where you're at. I'm a graduate student at Michigan State and it's not Washington but they buy their fair share usually. I've seen a lot of woot shirts around campus and I've only ever seen one ramy.

no doubt there is clustering within regions and schools in terms of preferences. Something like that could come down to typical shirt colors even. I believe that there is research suggesting that university students' color preferences switch depending on their school colors and rival colors. Ramyb rarely prints on green or white. I'd say that between 1/7 to 1/3 of woot shirts I see in Austin Tx are ramyb when I am in largely undergrad areas. Obviously if we care to do a test we will need multiple surveys at multiple schools.

walmazan

Re: I Get Around... and Around...

love it and looks fantastic!

walmazan

Re: When They Fly

haha! I love the idea so much! great work like always!

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: Wooden Wonder - The Main Attraction

Very nice design and colors too! I was really reminded of The Texas Giant. That is one scary coaster. :D

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh

Love the shirt, great work you two! Looks like someone is going to end up in the ER. I'm wondering about the shirt title and the strict pop culture rule this week. I do get the "Do It Yourself" and it is very cleaver. +1

ruffleshaveridges

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruffleshaveridges
Re: “License and Registration”

super cute i hope it wins. +1

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: Lost in Nightmares

Mm, this design is wicked. I love it! Awesome job and very nice touch with the balloon. :D

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
beaterbar wrote:no doubt there is clustering within regions and schools in terms of preferences. Something like that could come down to typical shirt colors even. I believe that there is research suggesting that university students' color preferences switch depending on their school colors and rival colors. Ramyb rarely prints on green or white. I'd say that between 1/7 to 1/3 of woot shirts I see in Austin Tx are ramyb when I am in largely undergrad areas. Obviously if we care to do a test we will need multiple surveys at multiple schools.

We should meet up at UT and count bunny shirts :D.

BootsBoots

Re: Lost in Nightmares

I like how the entrance is highlighted with yellow. It really draws the eye there and the kids running in is the best part (I think, anyway).

BootsBoots

Re: Really Bad Day – resub

Haha. I like his little face. And I always love the red and yellow(ish) combo.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

This is awesome but I feel like you can't possibly know why it's awesome if you chose chiller as your font...

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
yankeebird wrote:What bothers me, and bothered me about your original entry, is that your fetus is on top of the red bar. Had you moved the baby further up to her belly, the red bar could cross the entire image (as it should).

Even though you didn't get a good reason for your initial rejection, I suspect it was the inclusion of a fetus at crotch-level, which has not changed for this version. If that was it, you could still be rejected again. Birth is generally not a PG-experience, and this may flirt with the line woot sets.

I was unsure how to make the pregnant warning come across so I looked up a few signs and this was actually a cross between two of them, and the bar not going through the circle was off of one of those actual signs. If I was trying to portray birth then I'd have the kid popping out and not 'in the womb'.

Just goes to show what I originally said, there are plenty of warning signs out there, and most of them are common sense and look ridiculous.

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4

the reason why the shirt was rejected was because it looked as if the shirt was conveying hatred toward fat and pregnant people. now you added an image of a handicapped person and a picture of a guy with a heart. again, without the theme, no one would know what the shirt is about. also, i'm not sure what demographic you are aiming for; how many people who want to wear a shirt with these signs? this shirt is cryptic at best and offensive at worst.

georg4man

quality posts: 0 Private Messages georg4man
walmazan wrote:love it and looks fantastic!

Nice style! I would vote for you but I have to buy a shirt first...

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
megsck wrote:if your intention was not to make this a no fat chicks shirt you could have easily fixed that by making the fat one a man, it would have looked better as well since the skirt looks weird on the fat one. this makes me thing that you really do just want a no fat chicks shirt snuck in there. to me now this shirt may look even worse now, since now you want no amputees and people with heart conditions but you will get "wet" on this ride. i think you just might have to face the facts on this one.

On this shirt, the heart condition one reads as "no love" to me. Maybe I just have the "no fat chicks" thing stuck in my vision for this shirt... So, no babies or pregnant chicks, no fat chicks, no lil boys, no amputees, you WILL get sprayed in the face, and no love.

Maybe if it even had a silhouette of a roller coaster in the background it would fit, but without it... yeah, just another "ride" har har shirt. (Even with a "ride" on the shirt, it would still be that...)

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: Delusions of Grandeur

Why did cmdixon2 post a link explaining his flaw?

P.S. I like this admission! <3

wheadavi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wheadavi

Awesome. The original was good, too. Unfortunately, you're victim to the "cute bunnies" syndrome too much at work here on woot--if it's not forest animals cavorting innocently in some way very loosely connects prescribed theme, then the idea is torpedoed. And anyone who sees "no fat chicks" and any sexual references here is...well, disturbed, needs counseling--that's a gross overreach.

asmadasrabbits

quality posts: 3 Private Messages asmadasrabbits
Re: Big Winner!

It bothers me that the balloon is sideways, rather than straight up like ermm.., a normal balloon.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
capedcrusader514 wrote:This is awesome but I feel like you can't possibly know why it's awesome if you chose chiller as your font...

meh. just a thoughtless rush at the end, that's all. i shoulda hand-written it, I know.