travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
ThunderThighs wrote:FUNNYTOAD! Not TT. I just screwed up everything.

Ahh... been hitting the bottle a lot lately TT?! It's ok, I forgive you and we are here for you.

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

clintopolis86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages clintopolis86
Re: Big Winner!

Haha. One of my favorite designs I've seen in a while. Got my vote.

everclear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everclear
Re: Winning

Quite funny, great work!

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 40 Private Messages Pufferfishy

I hope this prints!

You've been put on posting probation for this post

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: I'm Your Littlest Fan

As others have said, this is just the right combo of disturbingly creepy and humorously cute. So good!!

popyea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popyea

This was the first derby where i got an idea straight away, so i was determined to finally contribute. The community here seems super nice.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: When They Fly

Nice one! Great little characters.

:^)

brogrimm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brogrimm
Re: Kernel Panic: Resub

Fantastic! Excellent take on the funny photos we've all seen of people on a roller coaster. The filmstrip tracks make it that much better!

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj
Re: All the Colors Wash Away

Not quite sure I get it, but looks pretty cool! GMV.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
popyea wrote:This was the first derby where i got an idea straight away, so i was determined to finally contribute. The community here seems super nice.

Great idea! I had the same idea but didn't have time to draw it this week. You did a nice job simplifying it to the essential elements -- mine would probably have been overcomplicated.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
grrlmarvel wrote:Meg - just so you know the above is my husband who is supporting YOU. LOL. That is how much he loves your shirt. He is risking a week on the couch just to support you! ;) Serious though, this must win. If not, HM for sure and people better vote the heck out of it in the double take.

awwww thanks to you and your hubby!! unfortunately i dont think this one will make it to the top, but i appreciate all the love its getting. since this and beard magic got a lot of love, ill do my darndest to find a place that will print them if they dont get printed here and ill keep you updated! =) thanks again! and my bf has voted for all your designs so we can just say we are even ;)

EDIT: fxed my first sentence, i shouldnt write things just after waking up in the morning, my sentences dont make sense >_<

thatrobert

Re: Funhouse MirROAR

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • For we, we are not long here; our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it.

thatrobert

Re: Tea Time

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • For we, we are not long here; our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it.

thatrobert

Re: The Nerdiest Place on Earth!

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: The Caffeinator

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: I Get Around... and Around...

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: We are NOT amused !

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Gravitron

• This is not SPAM.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

i just now saw this and im glad i didnt miss it, there is tons of awesomeness in this design, i love the 80's feel of it. im actually storyboarding a scene with people in a gravitron and was looking up reference for them all yesterday, you've really captured the spirit of that ride =)

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.

*blushes* Ahhhh thanks and the write up was so nice.

grrlmarvel

Re: Duck Shot

This is really nicely done. Great character and clean lines. It also works as a very wearable design. GMV.

grrlmarvel

Re: Unsuspecting Lovers

I've missed your little monsters. So glad they're back.

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
YinofYang wrote:Very nice design and colors too! I was really reminded of The Texas Giant. That is one scary coaster. :D

In recent years, the Texas Giant was mostly scary for the amount of beating-up it did to you...years of maintenance had thrown it out of whack. It's hard to enjoy a coaster when you're being punched in the kidneys by the car.

However, it's been renovated with a steel track supported by wood superstructure (a hybrid coaster, rather than an all-wood), which should reduce the getting-rolled-outside-a-dive-bar effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr-Ht4URQVY (POV video of new Texas Giant)

banjokilcup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banjokilcup
brogrimm wrote:Fantastic! Excellent take on the funny photos we've all seen of people on a roller coaster. The filmstrip tracks make it that much better!

Haha! That "filmstrip" was supposed to be computer memory. Guess I could've included a little more detail in the image! :D

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: I Get Around... and Around...

Style and elegance. Brilliant observation on the horse's shape too.

GMV. ^_^

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Something Wicked This Way Comes (book and film)is a definite inspiration for all these horror / carnival illustrations I've done.

Though I didn't think of the ultra violent thug get-up from A Clockwork Orange for this piece, I am a big fan of all things Clockwork and certainly A Clockwork Orange.

Big thanks to Mister Debris again this week for hitting this with an amazing color palette that really drove home the subdued waking nightmare atmosphere I had in mind when i did the illustration.

Thanks for the support this week everyone. You guys are the best.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

olio wrote:or if at the right side the track were adjusted so that the back car remained where it is but the front car looked like it would end up on the top of the bottom track

Its based a Celtic eternal knot (if you wanted to know that). Each set of cars could be on opposite sides of the track, if you wanted to see it that way. This is because the sets of cars are all on there at the same time (at least that's how I thought of it) rather than imagining it as the path of one set of cars.

The front car on the right side is going under the track. I drew it slightly smaller to try and show that. I could draw part of it under the track... which it is too late to do now and you'll just have to use your imagination :P

The top part of the track can be imagined as twisting either direction depending on how you look at it, so those cars could go over or under the track (they're supposed to go under).

Oh geez I'm gonna draw a diagram of it when I come back from work, can't explain it. Trust me though, I did think about this while drawing it. They DO go in a continuous motion... according the original sketch before I scanned it in and desaturated it.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Best shirt in this derby. I don't mean this as a dig at the other designs, but this is one of only two shirts that have drawn my interest, and it's a shame it won't make it. Please find a place to print this shirt. Best non-winner since that little Viking kid in a boat with the sea monster far below.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

ochopika wrote:Its based a Celtic eternal knot (if you wanted to know that). Each set of cars could be on opposite sides of the track, if you wanted to see it that way. This is because the sets of cars are all on there at the same time (at least that's how I thought of it) rather than imagining it as the path of one set of cars.

The front car on the right side is going under the track. I drew it slightly smaller to try and show that. I could draw part of it under the track... which it is too late to do now and you'll just have to use your imagination :P

The top part of the track can be imagined as twisting either direction depending on how you look at it, so those cars could go over or under the track (they're supposed to go under).

Oh geez I'm gonna draw a diagram of it when I come back from work, can't explain it. Trust me though, I did think about this while drawing it. They DO go in a continuous motion... according the original sketch before I scanned it in and desaturated it.

One mooore thing; It does flip in the middle-bottom one there, just it's covered up by the top track. The track gets all skinny there before it gets covered up, seee? Maybe next time I'll draw a more DiVinci style diagram instead of loose ink sketch. Hope my clarification didn't make it look more confusing.

imagine77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imagine77
Re: Lucky Roller V2

I agree with the other poster above. I am also not an artist, I also preferred the other color, and I also like the quirky simple designs. Also Also Also

briacha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briacha

briacha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briacha
Re: Tea Time

I love it!

Parksie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Parksie

Love the symmetry and the graffiti feel of this. Woot needs to separate into cute shirts and graphic shirts so I can buy more designs like this.

Nice one bruva!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: To Hell and Back

Thanks again everyone for the support and the wonderful comments!

Dutchbunch5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dutchbunch5
Re: Duck Shot

Awesome shirt! I don't have an artistic bone in my body but I have noticed that late entries don't get the votes they deserve. Keep up the good work and try to get your entries in earlier.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: The Nerdiest Place on Earth!

I LOVE IT!!!! Oh man I wish I had this shirt when I used to work in a lab. Phenomenal work.

+uno

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Mid-Ride Snack

Whoop! Mid-ride Meal makes it to the NEW HOTNESS charts! Yay, the simple joys of life! Thnxx for the votes! Here's hoping to cross 100 votes!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
bottlehed wrote:Whoop! Mid-ride Meal makes it to the NEW HOTNESS charts! Yay, the simple joys of life! Thnxx for the votes! Here's hoping to cross 100 votes!

Mid-Ride Snack, I mean... : embarrassed:

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Free Dragon Rides!

Your work is always so fun... I like the Viking + Dragons characters you've got going. :D

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Fun house reflections

This is really sweet. Nice job, Diana. :D