+ Add a Comment

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
Re: Rules to Ride...

Nothing Woot? I've seen others get rejected that deserved to be rejected and I've seen some that should have been but didn't. So because I'm not a controversial and popular artist who makes Woot money regardless of ethics... I get nothing? :|

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

bigfoot1107

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107

Here's a pregnant lady from a universal symbols-based sign:
Parking reserved for pregnant woman by bigfoot, on Flickr.
Just not at all like the fat lady with a superimposed turtle.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: To Hell and Back

Nice work. I'll be shocked if this doesn't print.

taternuggets

quality posts: 20 Private Messages taternuggets

I'd like to chime in and agree that the "no." rejections are really Sirius GPP. If woot decides that something is inappropriate for the derby at least have the common courtesy to explain why. People put work into their submissions and someone slapping just a "no" on it is rather rude. It discourages people from ever wanting to submit again. Perhaps that's what woot wants...

Nothing follows.

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
bigfoot1107 wrote:Here's a pregnant lady from a universal symbols-based sign: Just not at all like the fat lady with a superimposed turtle.

youre quite aware that the "fat lady with a superimposed turtle" isnt the pregnant one right? did you look at the whole design or just the thumbnail?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                               (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
chumpmagic wrote:If this is a joke or mockery, make it far more clear. At the moment, this is a huge NO-NO in the art world.

The "saved" comment is a clear indication of mockery. The question for me is if Ramy has the stones big enough to call him on it. Shoe, meet other foot.

walmazan

quality posts: 59 Private Messages walmazan
Re: To Hell and Back

this is so magnificent! +1

carrielynnw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carrielynnw
seanpsimmons wrote:Like it. Suggestions if you do a resubmit:

1) Give him an air trail or puff of smoke so it's more obvious he's launching off a roller coaster.

2) Give him a goofier expression. Either wild grin or a "wuuuuuuuuu" mouth.

3) More emotional reaction from the dog. Either panic or look at the kid that says "what kind of an human are you exactly".

He's not launching from the coaster he's launched from the plane carousel looking ride, you can see the cut cables on the ride as well as the plane.

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
Re: Prepared Fish

This is absolutely adorable, Boots. I love it!

odysseyroc

Re: “License and Registration”

Great Job! I think I'm going to start dressing like you and call myself "Wencesito", Lucha Libre style.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: Initiative

i love it and i really want to see this win

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

Walmazan, I have to say. I always love your ideas and designs, as well as your unique artistry. Usually, though, it's just not something I wear (although I'm always happy to see you get a print). This one is by far my favorite design of yours and definitely one I would wear. Best of luck!

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

I laughed so hard I have tears. Love it, Love It, LOVE IT!

bigfoot1107

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107
Jeus wrote:youre quite aware that the "fat lady with a superimposed turtle" isnt the pregnant one right? did you look at the whole design or just the thumbnail?

The thumbnail has no superimposed turtle.

robotsari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robotsari
Re: Spinning Around

I like this! The negative image is real neat.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: Gravitron

This needs some love! This is sweet.

zombees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombees
Re: Cycle of Life: A Ride for Water

Really cute & clever! Love it!

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

Both funny and creepy looking... and the longer you think about it, the creepier it gets. GMV

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 105 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Spiritgreen wrote:It's kinda sweet too. Poignant. ^_^

And I love your blue outlines!

Aw thanks. I was aiming for sweet. People seem to be taking away a wide range of feelings on this one which I'm happy about as it's supposed to be a little ambiguous. Though I reallllyy thought it was going to be too weird, so I'm happy to see it getting votes.

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
bigfoot1107 wrote:The thumbnail has no superimposed turtle.

lol, now i cant unsee it...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                               (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

jerabatten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerabatten
Re: Scary Ride

Oh my god, I clicked it and thought for sure it was Ramyb.

jerabatten

jerabatten wrote:Oh my god, I clicked it and thought for sure it was Ramyb.

But I see Dianasprinkle's point, and what you all are saying upon further analysis. It is a clever move just to show the Death's head in the thumbnail, which is what got me!

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

If it was Ramyb's it'd be in the fog by now.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

jerabatten

Re: Funhouse MirROAR

This very much made me smile.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Get Off My Back!

Love the green & purple together!

theokayandrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theokayandrew

Amazing! I would buy this in a heartbeat. Love the colors.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
travisk02 wrote:WHY?! These are actual warning signs for some amusement park rides... "Ride not recommended for women who are pregnant"; "Large people may not fit properly for this ride"; and the classic "You must be this tall to ride"

Warning signs are a major part of amusement park rides. I was going to add the lesser known "no prosthetic limbs" plus a few others like "people with heart complications" and "you may get wet" but decided to just stick with a row of three.

I call Shenanigans...

I think it's because when you see ride rules on a shirt, you assume the person wearing the shirt is the "ride" (which is pretty sexual). It might not be what you intended, but it might come across that way. Sorry this one was rejected. Bad luck.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: Lost in Nightmares

Lines: Drakxxx
Colors: CrescentDebris

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Nerdiest place on Earth!

Haha, how sweet is this?

The pun police will be knocking on your door for "Ferrous Wheel" though. ^___^

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
IgnatiusRiley wrote:Both funny and creepy looking... and the longer you think about it, the creepier it gets. GMV

lol, awesome.

odysseyroc

Great job, guys! I like that you went with the classic "drakxxx" layout. +1

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Sequels are AWESOME!

walmazan

quality posts: 59 Private Messages walmazan

I always enjoy your work!

+1

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Caffeinator

Thanks guys. Bit of weird one this, isn't it? Hyperactive expressions. Funky color choice...

And you can tell I've been playing too much Portal by the way the liquid looks more like speed gel than tea. :p

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

awesome!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
chennai8 wrote:If it was Ramyb's it'd be in the fog by now.

I think that says everything we need to say about ramy's work. It's clearly intended to look like Ramy (the reaper is 100% Ramy, even if this isn't Ramy... not like his style is difficult to ape). But it's not fogged immediately, and not deleted from the site to re-enter. That wouldn't be odd for anyone else, really, but it is for him. So why does ramy's name make a tee more successful? I don't think that should require much thought.

I agree with what others are saying, though. Stealing is despicable. Even if you're stealing from a thief. Whoever created this is as low as Ramy is, and should never be treated as anything but a money-grubbing cheat.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
seanpsimmons wrote:Cute concept but I'm not sure how it would look on a shirt. You would have to be pretty close to get what was going on.

Thankfully, it looks good, so if someone doesn't know what it is, they will be happy to come closer instead of screwing their eyes sideways and grimacing at the hot mess on your tee.

Robbie, I'd probably go so far as to say that this is the best thing I've seen submitted since the last doubletake, by a mile. I hope that actually pays off for you.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Drakxxx wrote:Sequels are AWESOME!

Very cool. what is this a sequel to?

pharmacide

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pharmacide

Thanks guys! You gotta love something that assists you to break the laws of physics ;l

ward7299

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ward7299
Re: Really Bad Day

they's all kinda things you can do with a corn dog... barbecue 'em.. boil 'em... broil 'em...

i love corndogs :D