Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

Another snapshot, with 9 minutes left ...

18. Natural Instinct - 5041 (+1)
19. Odd Bear Out - 4302 (+1)
20. Fresh Cake - 12599 (+1)

21. Metrognome - 2890 (+0)
22. No one left to play with - 7218 (+0)

Narfcake

3 minutes left ...

18. Natural Instinct - 5041 (+0)
19. Metrognome - 2893 (+3)
20. Odd Bear Out - 4302 (+0)

22. No one left to play with - 7219 (+1)
21. Fresh Cake - 12599 (+0)

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
Narfcake wrote:3 minutes left ...

18. Natural Instinct - 5041 (+0)
19. Metrognome - 2893 (+3)
20. Odd Bear Out - 4302 (+0)

22. No one left to play with - 7219 (+1)
21. Fresh Cake - 12599 (+0)

Should be +2 in a minute for "No one" I just pulled the trigger finally.

Hoooo boy, wife ain't gunna be happy with my shirt purchases this past week. But at least now I'll have something to watch "The Lord of the Rings" Re-releases in.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

Wow. 2 patrickspens shirts and 1 ramyb shirt gone in the same reckoning...

I forget, what are the other signs of the apocalypse?

cameronwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameronwilliams

Figured I would have to buy two Cooler Than You shirts, so I did it before the reckoning ended. Glad that I can put off buying Odd Bear Out for another week though.

moronbrigade

quality posts: 23 Private Messages moronbrigade

whoa! Cake is finally gone! I dont know wheather I want to celebrate or mourn a loss! Plus this is the second reckoning week in a row where the #4 longest surviving shirt bit the dust! Lets see if this trend continues...

Seize the Opportunity.

cameronwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameronwilliams
dcroe05 wrote:Wow. 2 patrickspens shirts and 1 ramyb shirt gone in the same reckoning...

I forget, what are the other signs of the apocalypse?

If Fresh Cake had knocked out Odd Bear Out, there would have been no 'cute' animal shirts left this week.

I'm pretty sure that would be a sign.

bluejester

Odd, I bought my shirt before noon, but it still isn't showing as having done anything.

Ah well, I still would have snagged "No one"

Narfcake

This were the results at the minute of reckoning ...

18. Odd Bear Out - 4305 (+3)
19. Natural Instinct - 5041 (+0)
20. Metrognome - 2893 (+0)

21. No one left to play with - 7220 (+1)
22. Fresh Cake - 12600 (+1)

bluejester

Narfcake wrote:At the minute of reckoning ...

18. Odd Bear Out - 4305 (+3)
19. Natural Instinct - 5041 (+0)
20. Metrognome - 2893 (+0)

21. No one left to play with - 7220 (+1)
22. Fresh Cake - 12600 (+1)

But oddly, my purchase wasn't enough to pull 21st out of the danger zone.... And I completed my order at 11:57

bluejester

"Imposter" was finally reckoned...again.

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Good afternoon. Today we can report to Shirt.Wooters and the world that our Reckoning page has conducted an operation that has eliminated seven shirts, including Fresh Cake, who was responsible for the reckonings of dozens of innocent small, medium, and extra large shirts. It was nearly a year ago that a bright July day was darkened by the Kawaii Derby. The images our seared into our online memory. Finally, this week, we determined there were not enough votes to take action. We authorized an operation to Reckon Fresh Cake. Today, as is our schedule, a small team of servers calculated the results with extraordinary care and precision. After a calculation, they reckoned Fresh Cake and took down six other shirts total. Stop by the Reckoning today, because it's your last chance for the following:

Narfcake

And now compared to 2 hours ago ...

15. Nevermore - 36881 (+3)
16. It Came Out Of Nowhere - 27752 (+2)
17. The Last Cupcake - 2113 (+1)
18. Odd Bear Out - 4305 (+9)
19. Natural Instinct - 5041 (+11)
20. Metrognome - 2893 (+7)

21. No one left to play with - 7220 (+5)
22. Fresh Cake - 12604 (+9*)

23. Cooler Than You - 5527 (+6)
24. They Call Me ... Tim - 4487 (+7)
25. Eatser Bunny - 1659 (+1)

As for the asterisk on Fresh Cake ... if those 4 additional sales since my last snapshot post completed BEFORE noon, it would've been 19th. So by the looks of it, Woot has removed the bug that allowed sales to register before they're completed.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Fresh Cake was a great design. Congrats on a great run.

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:But oddly, my purchase wasn't enough to pull 21st out of the danger zone.... And I completed my order at 11:57

The DSR between 20th and 21st, inclusive of your purchase of 7220 ... by my calculations it was a miniscule .003. It would've needed sale #7221 to have pulled it through, which would have put it at 19th and bumped Natural Instinct to 20th.

bjreinhart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjreinhart

The Last Cupcake has taken out Fresh Cake! Those zombie pastries leave destruction in their wake.

Narfcake

FWIW, lets not forget who's to blame for Derby #155 too ...

"We get lots of requests for Derby themes, but rarely does someone make a wish that moves us to grant it. However we recently got an email from a user who wanted to remain anonymous, so let's just call him Mr. XYU. Anyway, his impassioned plea for "moar cuteness PWEEEEEEASE! v(^v^)v" made us realize we can't deny the Shirt.Woot horde any longer."

See, Adder - woot does listen. ^_^

Of historic significance and for those less versed in the controversy over some artists, however, read through the thread of that 3rd place shirt, starting ... from Similarities?

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

I will miss the ever cheery, ever cheeky Fresh Cake; it's one of the two shirts I acquired a spare copy of on purpose.

Vote:

Rhonwyn22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhonwyn22

Speaking of derbies and random rules, what happened to the random rules? The random rules for the derbies was one of the highlights of my week. Sad, I know.

bluejester

Ahh, it would seem the show is over for "Fresh Cake." Time to get dressed, shut off the lights, and close the cake window theater. Over 40 weeks on the reckoning, that is as good as a Brodway run in my book.
Shared it one last time on my sister's face book page as sort of "Final Performace tonight!" Type of thing.

Congrats on "putting on an award winning show" Walmazan.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
Rhonwyn22 wrote:Speaking of derbies and random rules, what happened to the random rules? The random rules for the derbies was one of the highlights of my week. Sad, I know.

They randomly used Random rules to randomly reject the random entries. I don't miss them.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:Time to get dressed, shut off the lights ...

... change your frosting, and grab the shotgun. These Jatravartid zombie cupcakes are trying to take over my stand!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Narfcake wrote:
Of historic significance and for those less versed in the controversy over some artists, however, read through the thread of that 3rd place shirt, starting ... from Similarities?

Thanks for the link, Narf. I had always wondered what exactly transpired with Seki (being a newcomer to woot). Consider me educated and rather sickened by the whole drama.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Thanks everyone for support the nude cupcake! Was an amazing run!

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

You guys, if we don't make Ramy win the next derby, he's in danger of having NO shirts on the reckoning. GUYS THAT IS NOT OK

Narfcake

Darquis wrote:You guys, if we don't make Ramy win the next derby, he's in danger of having NO shirts on the reckoning. GUYS THAT IS NOT OK

Haha, very funny. :P What did you do with the real you?

All sarcasm aside, Spectrum is actually selling at a higher rate, so there's a bit of life in that one. Minor Modifications would most likely be his next to drop, as it's already down to selling around 14/day, which means the initial rush has probably passed already.

Narfcake

Narfcake wrote:So by the looks of it, Woot has removed the bug that allowed sales to register before they're completed.

This, BTW, is the bug I'm talking about. Adder emphasizes the issues it allows in the post following it.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I just tried to buy one of the newly reckoned shirts and the system is informing that that I can't, even though it was 11:55 on my computer and the main Reckoning page hasn't turned over yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? I swear, it's not midnight yet, or at least it wasn't when I tried to buy the shirt!

ETA: the time stamp on my post, according to woot, is 11:57!

Edited again: Are the clocks on woot's servers off? That would explain why some of the purchases made at 11:58AM didn't count towards shirts' sales, if the servers are five minutes fast.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Well done walmazan and farewell naked baked goods. You have been a staple part of the woot diet and completed an awesome streak for all to admire. Maybe some other shirts could learn from your example and bow out gracefully.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

Gah! How did I not notice that Fresh Cake was in the bottom 5?! I was planning to buy it before it got reckoned! I'm so sad I missed it... :-(

Oh well. Thus begins the quest to find it somewhere else, starting with this post in the shirt trade thread.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe