Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:Evening. Just got home from afternoon/evening with niece and her b/f. We got prom shoes, dropped dress off at alterations, ordered tux and ate dinner.

Tomorrow I'm going to a Trade days, otherwise known as a crap show.

I'll be watching the tree dude do some surgery

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I'll be watching the tree dude do some surgery

That can be fun.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:That can be fun.

I suppose. More work for me as I'll have to haul all the trimmings off.
I'm too old to play Tarzan in the trees with a chainsaw anymore.
When I'm done doing the pack mule thing here I'll be going to inlaws and do some more repair work.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I suppose. More work for me as I'll have to haul all the trimmings off.
When I'm done doing the pack mule thing here I'll be going to inlaws and do some more repair work.

So you are paying someone for the fun part, and then you are doing the crap work????
That is not a good thing.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I suppose. More work for me as I'll have to haul all the trimmings off.

What did you buy?

Wow, no1 buys something.

You buy something.

If you stick around long enough, they get you!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:So you are paying someone for the fun part, and then you are doing the crap work????
That is not a good thing.

Yup. I don't bounce as well as I used to if I were to fall out of the tree.
There is a guy @ work who used to work for the forest service in Mexico, he is in one of the lowest paid departments so I gave him the work.
I had him do some trimming at my f-i-l's last year he does great work.

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:What did you buy?

Wow, no1 buys something.

You buy something.

If you stick around long enough, they get you!

I finally bought on THIS account. I was too lazy to try and remember the password for the other.
The wireless speakers for Ipod.
I was wondering how long before you'd notice.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Card club at my house next Tuesday. Working on my menu. I think I've got it figured out except for desserts.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I finally bought on THIS account. I was too lazy to try and remember the password for the other.
The wireless speakers for Ipod.
I was wondering how long before you'd notice.

I just tried to log into my other accounts and I have no clue what my password is on one of them.
There are only 3.

I was trying to figure out how many woots I have .

201 on the two I could check. Maybe 5 on the one that suddenly hates me.

That is a lot of leakfrogs!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

How long did it take me?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

5 or 6 days...not bad

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:5 or 6 days...not bad

//sigh

I've lost it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:Card club at my house next Tuesday. Working on my menu. I think I've got it figured out except for desserts.

Wow, you have to give them lunch or dinner? Or did I read it wrong and it is just desserts? I should not use the word "just" though because my card club tries to outdo the other people with something new and innovative. I am the slacker who buys and adds a touch or two of my own. I can't say I ever played in a group that served an entire meal.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Wow, you have to give them lunch or dinner? Or did I read it wrong and it is just desserts? I should not use the word "just" though because my card club tries to outdo the other people with something new and innovative. I am the slacker who buys and adds a touch or two of my own. I can't say I ever played in a group that served an entire meal.

There is a lot of food involved in her social life.

In my mom's old social life there was just cake. There had to be cake. No food.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

dontwantaname wrote:There is a lot of food involved in her social life.

In my mom's old social life there was just cake. There had to be cake. No food.

I played in a group that decided NO FOOD which was OK with me because if there were candies and cookies, I ate too much. That lasted about three months, and then little by little, the snacks came back, then the desserts.

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:Wow, you have to give them lunch or dinner? Or did I read it wrong and it is just desserts? I should not use the word "just" though because my card club tries to outdo the other people with something new and innovative. I am the slacker who buys and adds a touch or two of my own. I can't say I ever played in a group that served an entire meal.

Several have started doing meals. I really dislike it. But I do a bunch of snacks? Will make those small "poofy" sandwiches with a Pampered Chef thingy. Egg salad, ham salad, tuna salad on rye and white. Green onion wraps. Stuffed black olives. Mexican cheesecake. That's the cold stuff. Hot - chicken club brunch ring and tiropetes.

Edit: You have to remember, I LIKE doing this.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 561 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:I'll be watching the tree dude do some surgery

Fun. Watched a tree dude fell an 80' pine straight down our driveway (1 acre) in WA and completely miss the power lines. They have pin-point accuracy.

I noticed my front tree looks a little worse for wear - quite a few dead limbs. I decided to ignore it for this year. LOL.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Card club at my house next Tuesday. Working on my menu. I think I've got it figured out except for desserts.

And that is why I don't entertain. I worry too much about what to serve, make, etc.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:And that is why I don't entertain. I worry too much about what to serve, make, etc.

And I'm more into weeding out the recipes I've found over the past year.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Fun. Watched a tree dude fell an 80' pine straight down our driveway (1 acre) in WA and completely miss the power lines. They have pin-point accuracy.

I noticed my front tree looks a little worse for wear - quite a few dead limbs. I decided to ignore it for this year. LOL.

Until they fall on your car.

How is the pug?
Shouldn't the pug live in WA?
Will Maisy be sad to see it go?
Make you go to the pug rescue tomorrow?

There were a bunch of short nose dogs at the dog park today. They were all nuts and noisy breathers.
Pugs and boxers.
Two pugs from the same family were "backup guys" for a pitbull. The would run behind him, no matter where he went. Barking the entire time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:And that is why I don't entertain. I worry too much about what to serve, make, etc.

Don't forget the cleaning.

Plus the cleaning and the cooking don't go together. Cooking is messy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Don't forget the cleaning.

Plus the cleaning and the cooking don't go together. Cooking is messy.

Yeah, I don't like the cleaning part.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Until they fall on your car.

How is the pug?
Shouldn't the pug live in WA?
Will Maisy be sad to see it go?
Make you go to the pug rescue tomorrow?

There were a bunch of short nose dogs at the dog park today. They were all nuts and noisy breathers.
Pugs and boxers.
Two pugs from the same family were "backup guys" for a pitbull. The would run behind him, no matter where he went. Barking the entire time.

Pug is fine. I've got her thoroughly spoiled and ready to go home tomorrow (I hope).

Maisy still ignores guest pug and snipped at her just today so I don't think Maisy will miss her.

And if I ever thought Pugs were cute, this week has dispelled that thought completely.

Maisy is happy to have her bed back due to the fact that I now move the Pug's preferred bed from the bedroom to the laundry room (day hangout) to nearby in the evening.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:And I'm more into weeding out the recipes I've found over the past year.

The whole process just stresses me out too much.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Pug is fine. I've got her thoroughly spoiled and ready to go home tomorrow (I hope).

Maisy still ignores guest pug and snipped at her just today so I don't think Maisy will miss her.

And if I ever thought Pugs were cute, this week has dispelled that thought completely.

Maisy is happy to have her bed back due to the fact that I now move the Pug's preferred bed from the bedroom to the laundry room (day hangout) to nearby in the evening.

Why do they like to sleep with their head outside the bed?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

That is it from me.

See ya in the morning,

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Why do they like to sleep with their head outside the bed?

Keeping her eye on me. That and the evil tongue.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

Busy day planned.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning! We are almost to Mt. Airy, NC. We left home at 3:45! Happy Mother's Day if I'm not back before then!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Back yard day. I'm tired already!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Good morning! We are almost to Mt. Airy, NC. We left home at 3:45! Happy Mother's Day if I'm not back before then!

Say hello to Gomer.

pooflady

Good morning everyone.

klozitshoper

ThunderThighs wrote:The whole process just stresses me out too much.

Me, too TT. I got so I hated it.

klozitshoper

Good morning all. Off to get pedicure, some stuff at the grocers and drugstore, and a trip to BJ's.

Iceback

joyner wrote:Good morning! We are almost to Mt. Airy, NC. We left home at 3:45! Happy Mother's Day if I'm not back before then!

I just found out last weekend they closed my 2nd favorite restaurant in Mt. Airy, Goobers.
Seems thay had a little tax problem with the IRS. My favorite is Snappy's Lunch counter downtown next to Floyd's barber shop. It has the greatest pork chop sandwich EVER.

Tree dude is done. He did most of the clean up
too. I'm very happy with his work.
Dog has gone to the vet again. He is not adjusting too well to the insulin.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I just found out last weekend they closed my 2nd favorite restaurant in Mt. Airy, Goobers.
Seems thay had a little tax problem with the IRS. My favorite is Snappy's Lunch counter downtown next to Floyd's barber shop. It has the greatest pork chop sandwich EVER.

Tree dude is done. He did most of the clean up
too. I'm very happy with his work.
Dog has gone to the vet again. He is not adjusting too well to the insulin.

What???? Floyd's wasn't in the big city of Mt. Airy. When did he move?
What about Mayberry? No more barber there? You would think with all the money Opie is bringing in now as a big hollywood director, Mayberry would be all built up now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Say hello to Gomer.

For goodness sakes. Gomer went into the Marines and then went onto a country singing career. I don't think he is there anymore.

In case you haven't seen Mayberry RFD lately, it holds up really well. It is on a whole bunch of times in a row. I've been watching it. Much better than many of the other shows of the time. Not at all as dated.
You can see how Ron Howard ended up being the only normal child star.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, all.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, all.

Maybe. Maybe it will rain.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!