AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Maybe. Maybe it will rain.

It's still afternoon - rain notwithstanding.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:It's still afternoon - rain notwithstanding.

Hasn't yet. Lets give it time. It will wait until I'm as far from the house as possible, while walking Rusty.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Hasn't yet. Lets give it time. It will wait until I'm as far from the house as possible, while walking Rusty.

And yet, it's still afternoon.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:And yet, it's still afternoon.

Everyone knows that if it rains, is isn't a good afternoon. It is a rainy afternoon.

Except it isn't raining.

So maybe you are right.

Maybe.

Won't know until I walk the dog.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Don Rickles is on Andy Griffith, on TVland, except it is now over.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Back from the shower. Happy, happy, they didn't play any cutesy shower games.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

good afternoon lads and lasses

did a buncha runnin around all mornin, hadda take me a siesta...had a mild thunderstorm during the snooze that didn't bother the reddog in spite of all his issues....yay!

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Back from the shower. Happy, happy, they didn't play any cutesy shower games.

what kind of shower? bridal? baby? (cuz I'm too lazy to read back today....)

aw c'mon, you know you miss those games....and the adorable prizes they give out

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:what kind of shower? bridal? baby? (cuz I'm too lazy to read back today....)

aw c'mon, you know you miss those games....and the adorable prizes they give out

Bridal. And, no, definitely don't miss them. If you have to go (why don't they just let you send a gift, that's the whole point), it's a lot better to just sit and talk.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Damn, damn, damn, I never learn. I did weeding without gloves and long sleeves and I'm itchy. Happens every single time. I always think this time it will be different.

//smack own head

// goes to raid medicine cabinet to fix the itch

Then off to Panera , it is lobster roll season! I guess since they are expensive, it is good the season is short.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Bridal. And, no, definitely don't miss them. If you have to go (why don't they just let you send a gift, that's the whole point), it's a lot better to just sit and talk.

indeed

but the whole point of bridal showers is becoming moot....rarely does anyone need the little things to set up housekeeping these days.

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:Damn, damn, damn, I never learn. I did weeding without gloves and long sleeves and I'm itchy. Happens every single time. I always think this time it will be different.

//smack own head

// goes to raid medicine cabinet to fix the itch

Then off to Panera , it is lobster roll season! I guess since they are expensive, it is good the season is short.

if I was off to Paneras for lobster roll I'd be headin to the hospital for itchies

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Everyone knows that if it rains, is isn't a good afternoon. It is a rainy afternoon.

Except it isn't raining.

So maybe you are right.

Maybe.

Won't know until I walk the dog.

I never said "good" afternoon.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:good afternoon lads and lasses

did a buncha runnin around all mornin, hadda take me a siesta...had a mild thunderstorm during the snooze that didn't bother the reddog in spite of all his issues....yay!

Hiya, kiddo! Glad the reddog stayed cool.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Hiya, kiddo! Glad the reddog stayed cool.

howdy az

me too....dealin with this Atypical Cushings is driving me over the edge. We started melatonin and will be starting the 'big' drug next week. His anxiety level is unbelievable (due to the overproduction of stress hormones), and he is drinking 5-6 quarts of water a day. The melatonin must be doing something for him to have not gone berserk during the storm today.

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:indeed

but the whole point of bridal showers is becoming moot....rarely does anyone need the little things to set up housekeeping these days.

Exactly. This couple already own a house together. Jeez. He makes about 70k as a cop and she makes over 200k.

Although it was pretty funny, somebody tied a set of measuring spoons onto a bow, and she was excited because she doesn't have any. Can you say "take out?"

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Exactly. This couple already own a house together. Jeez. He makes about 70k as a cop and she makes over 200k.

Although it was pretty funny, somebody tied a set of measuring spoons onto a bow, and she was excited because she doesn't have any. Can you say "take out?"

So now she's gonna cook?

What the heck is her profession!!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Back again. Still a fairly breezy day with lots of sun. Checked with body shop on my car as the rental runs out on Tuesday. Body shop is estimating another two to three weeks. I swear they are building the front end with each tiny screw and bolt. Frustrating.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Exactly. This couple already own a house together. Jeez. He makes about 70k as a cop and she makes over 200k.

wow....so now she can measure her ground coffee in the morning?

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:howdy az

me too....dealin with this Atypical Cushings is driving me over the edge. We started melatonin and will be starting the 'big' drug next week. His anxiety level is unbelievable (due to the overproduction of stress hormones), and he is drinking 5-6 quarts of water a day. The melatonin must be doing something for him to have not gone berserk during the storm today.

What's the 'big' drug?

Lynnzoi

klozitshoper wrote:Back again. Still a fairly breezy day with lots of sun. Checked with body shop on my car as the rental runs out on Tuesday. Body shop is estimating another two to three weeks. I swear they are building the front end with each tiny screw and bolt. Frustrating.

well that bites. sometimes ya wonder what they do..work on one car til they get bored, then go work on another for a while....or just use it to play cards on the hood back in the corner?

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:What's the 'big' drug?

there are 2 main drugs for Cushings, both of which can come with some potential side effects. We are starting him on trilostane. We been kinda draggin our feet a bit cuz, but the anxiety and the drinking is gettin outta hand. Of course he has Atypical Cushings, which had to be confirmed by special tests run at the Univ of Tennessee. All of the standard Cushings tests we ran were normal.

klozitshoper

Lynnzoi wrote:well that bites. sometimes ya wonder what they do..work on one car til they get bored, then go work on another for a while....or just use it to play cards on the hood back in the corner?

I know. I felt like screaming, but I managed to hold my tongue (now for me that is a tough one) - smiled - said words to the effect of ok as long as it turns out well blah, blah, blah. Came home & yelled at the cat for tripping me - almost fell flat on my face!

Lynnzoi

klozitshoper wrote:I know. I felt like screaming, but I managed to hold my tongue (now for me that is a tough one) - smiled - said words to the effect of ok as long as it turns out well blah, blah, blah. Came home & yelled at the cat for tripping me - almost fell flat on my face!

uh oh...redirected aggression at the poor kitty who was only waiting to greet you

you know he is now off plotting your demise, right?

klozitshoper

Lynnzoi wrote:uh oh...redirected aggression at the poor kitty who was only waiting to greet you

you know he is now off plotting your demise, right?

I rescued him eight years ago - have treatd him well and tried to make friends. He is still a ferral (sp?) cat, and I am unable to touch him. We have a race around the house for a couple of days in order to get him into the bag to go to the vets for his annual physical. Rotten creature - but I do love him. Why? I must be a maschocist.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:there are 2 main drugs for Cushings, both of which can come with some potential side effects. We are starting him on trilostane. We been kinda draggin our feet a bit cuz, but the anxiety and the drinking is gettin outta hand. Of course he has Atypical Cushings, which had to be confirmed by special tests run at the Univ of Tennessee. All of the standard Cushings tests we ran were normal.

Greek to me.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Greek to me.

you asked

klozitshoper

AZGman wrote:Greek to me.

I haven't read back and am just now too lazy. Is this Cushings disease affecting an animal or a human?

Lynnzoi

klozitshoper wrote:I rescued him eight years ago - have treatd him well and tried to make friends. He is still a ferral (sp?) cat, and I am unable to touch him. We have a race around the house for a couple of days in order to get him into the bag to go to the vets for his annual physical. Rotten creature - but I do love him. Why? I must be a maschocist.

ah yes, I have one of those beasties. He loves and adores the other critters in this hose, but if I reach for him he is outta here. thats the thanks I get for takin him out of a have-a-heart trap (with my bare hands, mind you) and deciding he might be rehab-able. He was only ~ 6 mos old then. brat.

Lynnzoi

klozitshoper wrote:I haven't read back and am just now too lazy. Is this Cushings disease affecting an animal or a human?

my 10 yr old Irish Setter, aka Morrison, aka the Reddog

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:I rescued him eight years ago - have treatd him well and tried to make friends. He is still a ferral (sp?) cat, and I am unable to touch him. We have a race around the house for a couple of days in order to get him into the bag to go to the vets for his annual physical. Rotten creature - but I do love him. Why? I must be a masochist.

Most cat owners are to some degree.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Most cat owners are to some degree.

watch it, wiseass

Lynnzoi

and I am outty....meetin friends fer supper

see yas laterz

klozitshoper

Lynnzoi wrote:my 10 yr old Irish Setter, aka Morrison, aka the Reddog

I am so sorry

pooflady

AZGman wrote:So now she's gonna cook?

What the heck is her profession!!

She an insurance broker. She sells insurance to those who sell insurance to big companies.

klozitshoper

AZGman wrote:Most cat owners are to some degree.

Even the dog resents the way he treats me! She gives him a little nip now and then to try to get him under control. Ya know, nobody OWNS A CAT. You simply live with a feline that allows you to wait on it.

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:Even the dog resents the way he treats me! She gives him a little nip now and then to try to get him under control. Ya know, nobody OWNS A CAT. You simply live with a feline that allows you to wait on it.

Explains why I'm divorced.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Explains why I'm divorced.

LOL

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Good afternoon. Just got home from the Trade Days crap fair. Got a couple of candles, a bracelet, a weird but cool plant hanger and a soft sided Tupperware cooler.

I'll post pictures when I get some pots for the hanger.

Glad we went early as it started getting hot. Now I have to clean and try to get most of it done before nephew gets here in 2 hours.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I never said "good" afternoon.

//sigh

fine

You win

//mutters big p i a

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!