pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
klozitshoper wrote:My screen is jumping - must be very nervous. I have tried to find a Mah Jong game online - there are sites where you have to pay, but I have not found anything for free yet that resembles the real thing. I play soooo slowly with the beginners, and even then, I don't know what I am doing most of the time.



I'm sure my friend doesn't pay for it. I'll find out what site she uses. It may not be the real thing either.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

The bridge games online - some of them - are very, very competitive. Interestingly, I signed in one night with my husband's account and started playing. What a difference, wow. Nobody insulted me, got up and left the table in disgust, yapped at me about what and why I did this and that. Decided to always have the male personna when online in gameroom!

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:I'm sure my friend doesn't pay for it. I'll find out what site she uses. It may not be the real thing either.



Thanks, that would be great. I need the practice!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
klozitshoper wrote:The bridge games online - some of them - are very, very competitive. Interestingly, I signed in one night with my husband's account and started playing. What a difference, wow. Nobody insulted me, got up and left the table in disgust, yapped at me about what and why I did this and that. Decided to always have the male personna when online in gameroom!



Isn't that interesting? Chauvinists come to the forefront with they're anonymous.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:Isn't that interesting? Chauvinists come to the forefront with they're anonymous.



I really found it very interesting. I had not expected that.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
klozitshoper wrote:I really found it very interesting. I had not expected that.



Until tomorrow. Night

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Isn't Bridge one of the normal card games?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Isn't Bridge one of the normal card games?



As opposed to abnormal card games? What are you talking about?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:As opposed to abnormal card games? What are you talking about?



If you say you are playing cards, I thought Bridge was one of the games you would know.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mah Jong is common around here too. If you play cards.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:If you say you are playing cards, I thought Bridge was one of the games you would know.



Never learned it.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Never learned it.



I don't know any of them.


See you tomorrow!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.
It'll be sunny and 75 today. Just about perfect weather! Dog still doing well.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Good Morning. It's Friday! YAY

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Grrr...reacting to something. Not sure what. Granola bar is new, but ingredients don't list anything that would cause concern. Yogurt, I've had before without having a reaction. Maybe too much peanut butter. AND...my emergency stash of benadryl is gone. Don't know if I took it home, or used them all, or what. Sigh. Have one in my purse, hope it's enough.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Morning.

How is Rusty today, Dwan?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Morning.

How is Rusty today, Dwan?



Woke up the next morning. No limping.
Didn't eat, but he does that a few times a month. He ate by dinner time.


So, the vet being closed saved me money!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
dontwantaname wrote:Woke up the next morning. No limping.
Didn't eat, but he does that a few times a month. He ate by dinner time.


So, the vet being closed saved me money!



So glad to hear that.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Grrr...reacting to something. Not sure what. Granola bar is new, but ingredients don't list anything that would cause concern. Yogurt, I've had before without having a reaction. Maybe too much peanut butter. AND...my emergency stash of benadryl is gone. Don't know if I took it home, or used them all, or what. Sigh. Have one in my purse, hope it's enough.



At least as a human, you can figure out what makes you sick.

Dumb dog eats something. Gets sick. Eats it again.

I was thinking the other day, while waiting for the bees to leave the plant I wanted to trim...I need to buy benadryl. That is something that should be in the house. Don't want to be going to a store with a reaction to something.

Penut butter was one of the first things we figured out Rusty couldn't have. He loves it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:So glad to hear that.




Doggie money pit!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dontwantaname wrote:At least as a human, you can figure out what makes you sick.

Dumb dog eats something. Gets sick. Eats it again.

I was thinking the other day, while waiting for the bees to leave the plant I wanted to trim...I need to buy benadryl. That is something that should be in the house. Don't want to be going to a store with a reaction to something.

Penut butter was one of the first things we figured out Rusty couldn't have. He loves it.



Figure it out, yeah...but not always avoid it.

I think it was the peanut butter. Previously had the 'natural' organic stuff, this was plain creamy Skippy. Sigh. Silfites aren't listed on the ingredients, so I'm guessing it's applied to the nuts before they get to the factory.

Effin' stoopid.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Figure it out, yeah...but not always avoid it.

I think it was the peanut butter. Previously had the 'natural' organic stuff, this was plain creamy Skippy. Sigh. Silfites aren't listed on the ingredients, so I'm guessing it's applied to the nuts before they get to the factory.

Effin' stoopid.



Oh, wow, that would be a total pia.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Annoyed. Just discovered rust in the groove in my springform pan. No way to clean it out. Why would it do that?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Annoyed. Just discovered rust in the groove in my springform pan. No way to clean it out. Why would it do that?



It hates you.

It got wet.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Annoyed. Just discovered rust in the groove in my springform pan. No way to clean it out. Why would it do that?



Oohh... that is annoying!! I have had a springform pan do that before too. no idea why

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:It hates you.

It got wet.



But it shouldn't rust.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Oohh... that is annoying!! I have had a springform pan do that before too. no idea why



The only option is to buy a new one. I need Woot to put one up.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:But it shouldn't rust.



If it didn't rust, why would you need to buy a new one? Gotta keep pan makers working.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:But it shouldn't rust.



Even stainless steal will rust given time.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Even stainless steal will rust given time.



It does? Isn't the entire point of stainless steal, the non rust part?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:It does? Isn't the entire point of stainless steal, the non rust part?



If it's kept clean and dry it can last a very long time.

But stainless pans such as poof's have folds and seams and hinges - places that are nearly impossible to completely dry - and that's where corrosion (rust) begins.

edit: And even if it "feels" dry to the touch, it may not be at the molecular level.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:If it's kept clean and dry it can last a very long time.

But stainless pans such as poof's have folds and seams and hinges - places that are nearly impossible to completely dry - and that's where corrosion (rust) begins.

edit: And even if it "feels" dry to the touch, it may not be at the molecular level.



Interestingly, also the bottom, because the cake couldn't be removed from it and had to be sliced on it, there's spots of rust there, also. I don't know how you'd avoid that.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Interestingly, also the bottom, because the cake couldn't be removed from it and had to be sliced on it, there's spots of rust there, also. I don't know how you'd avoid that.



I've never seen a pan that remains like new forever!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:If it's kept clean and dry it can last a very long time.

But stainless pans such as poof's have folds and seams and hinges - places that are nearly impossible to completely dry - and that's where corrosion (rust) begins.

edit: And even if it "feels" dry to the touch, it may not be at the molecular level.



Molecular level. Gman is getting all scientist on us.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Molecular level. Gman is getting all scientist on us.



Sorry; I'm done.

You can return to your dog poo and pee monologues, now.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.