pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I don't know why, but decided to rearrange some of the kitchen cabinets today. Had to go out and buy another one of those stair-step type things for one of the cabinets. Moved the spices from over the stove and microwave to an easier-to-reach place.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I don't know why, but decided to rearrange some of the kitchen cabinets today. Had to go out and buy another one of those stair-step type things for one of the cabinets. Moved the spices from over the stove and microwave to an easier-to-reach place.

Stair step thing for inside the cabinet???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:I don't know why, but decided to rearrange some of the kitchen cabinets today. Had to go out and buy another one of those stair-step type things for one of the cabinets. Moved the spices from over the stove and microwave to an easier-to-reach place.

The life of spice!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Stair step thing for inside the cabinet???

imma gonna guess it's a spice rack that has stairstep-like levels, like stadium bleacher seats.

AZGman

no1 wrote:imma gonna guess it's a spice rack that has stairstep-like levels, like stadium bleacher seats.

I wonder which spice gets first row, center court?

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Is it a foldable one. My mom keeps one in her pantry. I just call Orc, he's tall enough to reach the ceiling here (low ceilings, but still) No I can not reach the top shelves here.

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

no1 wrote:imma gonna guess it's a spice rack that has stairstep-like levels, like stadium bleacher seats.

Yep.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
AZGman wrote:I wonder which spice gets first row, center court?

prolly posh spice. i think she's the only one who can still afford it!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:I wonder which spice gets first row, center court?

I'm ashamed to admit this, but they're in alphabetical order. :$

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I'm ashamed to admit this, but they're in alphabetical order. :$

I tend to arrange spices according to frequency of use.

Other occupants of the house tend to disarrange my arrangement.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mine are just randomly sitting in the tiny cabinet I got at ikea that fits perfectly in the little sliver of wall between the stove and the doorway.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:I tend to arrange spices according to frequency of use.

Whenever I cleaned cupboards (not often) I'd discover three jars of rosemary and two jars or tumeric, et cetera. This is easier.

Edit: I buy almost exclusively the short, squat spices like Tones or McCormick.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Whenever I cleaned cupboards (not often) I'd discover three jars of rosemary and two jars or tumeric, et cetera. This is easier.

Me, too - except for garlic powder and oregano.

pooflady

Dinner time. Something new. Again.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Dinner time. Something new. Again.

Forgot to start dinner.

Oh well.

Late again.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Me, too - except for garlic powder and oregano.

me too - although I think I have a few more big ones that they didn't have a small version at the time.

Mine are not very organized, except for the ones in the spinning countertop thingy.

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:me too - although I think I have a few more big ones that they didn't have a small version at the time.

Mine are not very organized, except for the ones in the spinning countertop thingy.

lazy susan?

kdccrosby

I would like the person who put the kick my sign for customer service folks on my back to take it down now.

Washer and Dryer deliver people called 30 minutes after the beginning of my delivery window to say they weren't coming. I left work early to be here, and my sister was available for earlier in the day. I don't have that option the rest of the week.

I'm so mad, and my Verizon anger is carrying over to Conn's.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:me too - although I think I have a few more big ones that they didn't have a small version at the time.

Yeah, I have a few big ones that they don't make small ones of. Beau monde, poultry seasoning summer savory. Threw away the pickling spice and curry today. The only spice in a can I still have is bay leaves. And even though they're alphabetized, I still found three containes of dill weed!!! Those'll go fast because it goes in potato salad.

Edit: Just counted. 40 different spices.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I have a few big ones that they don't make small ones of. Beau monde, poultry seasoning summer savory. Threw away the pickling spice and curry today. The only spice in a can I still have is bay leaves. And even though they're alphabetized, I still found three containes of dill weed!!! Those'll go fast because it goes in potato salad.

Edit: Just counted. 40 different spices.

I know a dill wad that potato salad goes into!!

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:I would like the person who put the kick my sign for customer service folks on my back to take it down now.

Washer and Dryer deliver people called 30 minutes after the beginning of my delivery window to say they weren't coming. I left work early to be here, and my sister was available for earlier in the day. I don't have that option the rest of the week.

I'm so mad, and my Verizon anger is carrying over to Conn's.

Don't blame you. Wouldn't you just like to say, "then cancel the sale"?

AZGman

My day is done; g'night.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Don't blame you. Wouldn't you just like to say, "then cancel the sale"?

I did that once It felt really good to tell them where they could shove it! They totally had it coming, not only did they miss delivery, they were weeks late on getting the item in and they had 3 months notice from purchase to delivery!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Don't blame you. Wouldn't you just like to say, "then cancel the sale"?

If I could have gotten the same deal somewhere else, I would have.

It has been an hour since I last talked to someone. They were supposed to call me back.

I'm so beyond frustrated with everyone and everything at the moment.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:My day is done; g'night.

night G'man

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:If I could have gotten the same deal somewhere else, I would have.

It has been an hour since I last talked to someone. They were supposed to call me back.

Pia, you should demand money back.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Pia, you should demand money back.

Or at least a discount.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Pia, you should demand money back.

It's just wrong that you have to scream and holler to get stuff taken care of.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:It's just wrong that you have to scream and holler to get stuff taken care of.

so after explaining that there is no human way possible for me to meet another deliver time this week, they CLAIM that the driver is going to TRY to deliver tonight. They were supposed to call me and confirm and didn't.

After talking to the Store Manager AGAIN, he calls them and says "It looks sort of good that he will make it there. He has made the OTHER 2 deliveries in your town that were going to be missed"

Really? After I explained that I CANNOT be here this week during their time, they still leave me last and a maybe, when he is here and delivering others? I am going to one of our offices that is 2 hours away tomorrow, and in all day trainings Wed & Thurs and won't be home by 5, can't be.

If he doesn't show my head will explode. My patience is non-existant and has not replenished after dealing with Verizon.

I don't have the ability to even be reasonable at the moment.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:If I could have gotten the same deal somewhere else, I would have.

Seriously, tell them they can take the sale and shove it. So you pay 50 bucks more somewhere else, the satisfaction will be worth it.
Then write corporate and tell them why.

In the end only kindness matters

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
no1 wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/slideshow/florence-henderson-Kristies-john-lindsay-11543817

How are crabs a disease? Are bed bugs a disease now too?

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

I have the Complete Spice Containers Set with CarouselAnd I really like it.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:Whenever I cleaned cupboards (not often) I'd discover three jars of rosemary and two jars or tumeric, et cetera. This is easier.

I buy my spices at world market (an international farmers market) for like 1/50th of the price of those. Spices are about $3-5 a pound.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:I have the Complete Spice Containers Set with CarouselAnd I really like it.

You are weird!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

FenStar wrote:I have the Complete Spice Containers Set with CarouselAnd I really like it.

So let me get this straight. Every time you buy a spice you have to transfer it from whatever it comes in to the Tupperware containers? And label said Tubberware containers? And you buy your spices by the half cup or cup? I buy mine by the ounce. And that's only eight. I have 40 spices. So I'd have to buy at least four of those at $72 each. That's $288. And you'd better cook a hell of a lot if you're going to be buying spices by the pound or half pound. You do know you're not supposed to keep them for more than about six months, right? I keep them for more than that, but a pound of anything would probably last me 10 years.

FenStar

kdccrosby wrote:

I'd tell you what I think, but I don't think you really want to hear what I think about a situation I don't know much about, so I won't.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:So let me get this straight. Every time you buy a spice you have to transfer it from whatever it comes in to the Tupperware containers? And label said Tubberware containers? And you buy your spices by the half cup or cup? I buy mine by the ounce. And that's only eight. I have 40 spices. So I'd have to buy at least four of those at $72 each. That's $288. And you'd better cook a hell of a lot if you're going to be buying spices by the pound or half pound. You do know you're not supposed to keep them for more than about six months, right?

No, I don't buy that much at a time, just like 50-80 cents worth.

pooflady

BTW, the second stair-step thingy was for soups so we don't have to root around in the cupboard looking at each can.

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:Seriously, tell them they can take the sale and shove it. So you pay 50 bucks more somewhere else, the satisfaction will be worth it.
Then write corporate and tell them why.

I completely agree!!! You can yell and yell and yell, but until people take the money away big corporations aren't going to listen. If you were dealing with a small local guy, I'll bet you they'd be there or they'd be closed.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
FenStar wrote:I'd tell you what I think, but I don't think you really want to hear what I think about a situation I don't know much about, so I won't.

huh...that has never stopped me. If someone doesn't want to listen then that's ok.

In the end only kindness matters