AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Something new for dinner. It's in the oven. It doesn't look good. We may be going out to eat tonight.

Does it have a name?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Does it have a name?

Got it off a Hellman's mayonnaise jar. You know, the little recipe things they have taped to the lid? These are supposed to be Dale Jr.'s family favorites. This one is chicken macaroni casserole.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

I'm surprised No1 hasn't complained about my cooking reports. He doesn't like the weather and -- can't think of the other thing.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Got it off a Hellman's mayonnaise jar. You know, the little recipe things they have taped to the lid? These are supposed to be Dale Jr.'s family favorites. This one is chicken macaroni casserole.

Sounds good!?!

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I'm surprised No1 hasn't complained about my cooking reports. He doesn't like the weather and -- can't think of the other thing.

I like them; but I like to cook.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:I'm surprised No1 hasn't complained about my cooking reports. He doesn't like the weather and -- can't think of the other thing.

normal seasonal weather is ordinary and to be expected; not interesting. "it's hot in the summer!" "thanks mr. wizard! i never would have figured this out on my own!" ... why is it necessary to post stuff that we already know?

posts that announce private messages to other people are likewise uninteresting to me. why is it necessary to tell everybody that person a has a message for person b?

but i like to eat. every1 likes to eat. recipes are ok.

AZGman

no1 wrote:normal seasonal weather is ordinary and to be expected; not interesting. "it's hot in the summer!" "thanks mr. wizard! i never would have figured this out on my own!" ... why is it necessary to post stuff that we already know?

posts that announce private messages to other people are likewise uninteresting to me. why is it necessary to tell everybody that person a has a message for person b?

no1 - no PM for you. Sure is hot out.

no1

AZGman wrote:no1 - no PM for you. Sure is hot out.

got anything to eat?

AZGman

no1 wrote:got anything to eat?

creamed corn and rice?

no1

AZGman wrote:creamed corn and rice?

i was hoping for some chicken macaroni casserole.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

STOP talking about food! I am sooo hungry and cannot eat due to massive dental work today. Soup is ok, but I don't like soup.
Was reading about the quality posts you all have. I don't know what created my solitary Guide Entry and nothing else I have had to say matters to squat. EVery once in awhile it seems that some on here have another nic? True? You all know one another so well, I guess that is it. I like this community over here.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Sounds good!?!

It was good to start out with. But got really salty, even though no salt goes in it. Besides the macaroni and chicken, 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1 can cream of chicken soup (I used mushroom), pimentos, onions, green pepper (I used orange) and 2 cups of grated parmesan.

pooflady

no1 wrote:normal seasonal weather is ordinary and to be expected; not interesting. "it's hot in the summer!" "thanks mr. wizard! i never would have figured this out on my own!" ... why is it necessary to post stuff that we already know?

Because some people don't check their PMs very often and I may have something to talk to them about that wouldn't interest everyone else at all.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:It was good to start out with. But got really salty, even though no salt goes in it. Besides the macaroni and chicken, 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1 can cream of chicken soup (I used mushroom), pimentos, onions, green pepper (I used orange) and 2 cups of grated parmesan.

Ya know, I actually think I would like that!

no1

pooflady wrote:It was good to start out with. But got really salty, even though no salt goes in it. Besides the macaroni and chicken, 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1 can cream of chicken soup (I used mushroom), pimentos, onions, green pepper (I used orange) and 2 cups of grated parmesan.

how was the chicken prepared?

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:Ya know, I actually think I would like that!

It would be easy enough to cut in half except for the soup. 9x13, 375 for 30.

AZGman

no1 wrote:i was hoping for some chicken macaroni casserole.

Head to Ohio.

no1

AZGman wrote:Head to Ohio.

the land of chile over pasta!

AZGman

no1 wrote:the land of chile over pasta!

Settled by the Mexitalians

AZGman

Looks like I'm gonna miss this evening's Rusty poo report.

I haz sadz.

no1

AZGman wrote:Looks like I'm gonna miss this evening's Rusty poo report.

I haz sadz.

imma gonna take a wild stab at it.

mr. rusty will wanna poo when dontwanna dontwannapoo, and he won't wanna poo when dontwanna wanna poos.

also some drama regarding some other dog in the neighborhood or park.

AZGman

no1 wrote:imma gonna take a wild stab at it.

mr. rusty will wanna poo when dontwanna dontwannapoo, and he won't wanna poo when dontwanna wanna poos.

also some drama regarding some other dog in the neighborhood or park.

nice try.

AZGman

g'night.

pooflady

no1 wrote:how was the chicken prepared?

I used breasts (1 1/2 cups), and I always cook it in chicken stock (bring to a boil, take off the heat, cover, let sit for 20 minutes). Then I just cooked the 1 cup of macaroni in the same stock.

pooflady

no1 wrote:the land of chile over pasta!

//shudder// yeah

no1

pooflady wrote:I used breasts (1 1/2 cups), and I always cook it in chicken stock (bring to a boil, take off the heat, cover, let sit for 20 minutes). Then I just cooked the 1 cup of macaroni in the same stock.

was the stock salted at all? when i see those recipes using condensed canned cream of something soup, they always turn out salty for me if anything else has salt. sometimes i add half a can of milk just to dilute the cream-of-soup.

edit: of course, i only cook a casserole like about once a year at most, so what do i know?

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

tough
Hot sunny and 102 today. It'll be the same tomorrow except 103. I'll let you know.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

no1 wrote:was the stock salted at all? when i see those recipes using condensed canned cream of something soup, they always turn out salty for me if anything else has salt. sometimes i add half a can of milk just to dilute the cream-of-soup.

edit: of course, i only cook a casserole like about once a year, so what do i know?

Yeah, it wasn't the low sodium, but I figured that was okay since it wasn't going IN the recipe. I think it was the soup, mayonnaise and parmesan that did it. Cutting the soup with milk is a good idea. Or I could buy the low sodium soup. But that's a lot of parmesan.

no1

pooflady wrote:But that's a lot of parmesan.

lesson learned!

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:STOP talking about food! I am sooo hungry and cannot eat due to massive dental work today. Soup is ok, but I don't like soup.
Was reading about the quality posts you all have. I don't know what created my solitary Guide Entry and nothing else I have had to say matters to squat. EVery once in awhile it seems that some on here have another nic? True? You all know one another so well, I guess that is it. I like this community over here.

What's a nic? Can I have one?

no1

pooflady wrote:What's a nic? Can I have one?

nickname? network interface card? nick at nite?

pooflady

Iceback wrote:tough
Hot sunny and 102 today. It'll be the same tomorrow except 103. I'll let you know.

That's disgusting.

no1

Iceback wrote:tough

thanks, i'll be waiting with bated breath.

pooflady

no1 wrote:nickname? network interface card? nick at nite?

I'll bet nickname. Like Thunderthighs and Daj. Kid and something or other. Gman and AZ.

no1

pooflady wrote:I'll bet nickname. Like Thunderthighs and Daj. Kid and something or other. Gman and AZ.

smilingjack and someone whose name escapes me.

pooflady

no1 wrote:smilingjack and someone whose name escapes me.

Yeah, that one.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
no1 wrote:thanks, i'll be waiting with bad breath.

come on now - brush those teeth!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

evening all. Trip to one of our plant locations today went well. The people were nice, which helps.

no1

kdccrosby wrote:come on now - brush those teeth!

once a week, whether i need it or not!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:evening all. Trip to one of our plant locations today went well. The people were nice, which helps.

Yay for nice people!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.