pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:evening all. Trip to one of our plant locations today went well. The people were nice, which helps.



That helps a lot. Did you go by yourself?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:evening all. Trip to one of our plant locations today went well. The people were nice, which helps.



They usually feed you well at the plants ,least they did when I was in the petro chemicals biz. It's where the money is made.

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:That helps a lot. Did you go by yourself?



My boss and a co-worker from another corporate department went too. But the presentation was all mine.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:They usually feed you well at the plants. Least they did when I was in the petro chemicals biz.



lunch was good. This was one of our fabrication plants in essentially a small town. Local restaurant catered wraps & sandwiches - They were yum!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:lunch was good. This was one of our fabrication plants in essentially a small town. Local restaurant catered wraps & sandwiches - They were yum!



Yay for a good lunch!

Was woot really slow for everyone else? I thought my internet had gone to crap, couldn't load Google, Facebook, here, Hulu, anything, it was all slow, then one of the sysadmins said there was a huge DDoS attack on a bunch of sights. Now everything is good again.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Yay for a good lunch!

Was woot really slow for everyone else? I thought my internet had gone to crap, couldn't load Google, Facebook, here, Hulu, anything, it was all slow, then one of the sysadmins said there was a huge DDoS attack on a bunch of sights. Now everything is good again.



I haven't had any problems. What's DDoS?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:Yay for a good lunch!

Was woot really slow for everyone else? I thought my internet had gone to crap, couldn't load Google, Facebook, here, Hulu, anything, it was all slow, then one of the sysadmins said there was a huge DDoS attack on a bunch of sights. Now everything is good again.



I've only been on FB, gmail and here. All have been slow, but that may be my internet.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:I haven't had any problems. What's DDoS?



Distributed denial of service attacks on root nameservers are Internet events in which distributed denial-of-service attacks target one or more of the thirteen Domain Name System root nameservers. The root nameservers are critical infrastructure components of the Internet, mapping domain names to Internet Protocol (IP) going to and other information. Attacks against the root nameservers can impact operation of the entire Internet, rather than specific websites.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:Distributed denial of service attacks on root nameservers are Internet events in which distributed denial-of-service attacks target one or more of the thirteen Domain Name System root nameservers. The root nameservers are critical infrastructure components of the Internet, mapping domain names to Internet Protocol (IP) going to and other information. Attacks against the root nameservers can impact operation of the entire Internet, rather than specific websites.



Oh.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:Oh.



that's kinda what I thought when I read it.
short(bus) version:
something bad that makes websites run slow and/or not at all.

In the end only kindness matters

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening all. How goes it. Back in the saddle here finally even if I'm not 100% functional yet.

Picked up something in WI. I think it started as allergies but has settled into an infection. Gonna give it another day to see if it will fix itself.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:What's a nic? Can I have one?



Blankety Comcast. Would not allow me in my Email accounts and could not get online. Why? After hours on the phone "we are upgrading to make your experience much better." Don't do me any favors, Comcast. Nic - sign in - screen name. I still am not sure who is whom exactly. I need to read back I guess. Orc is someone else here? for example.

Anyhow, I had a bit of soft food - scrambled egg - for dinner and now the tooth is rebelling from all of the insults to it today.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
ThunderThighs wrote:Evening all. How goes it. Back in the saddle here finally even if I'm not 100% functional yet.

Picked up something in WI. I think it started as allergies but has settled into an infection. Gonna give it another day to see if it will fix itself.



Sorry TT. I remember going to work and feeling like I should just be home under the covers sleeping. Hope you feel really well soon.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
Iceback wrote:that's kinda what I thought when I read it.
short(bus) version:
something bad that makes websites run slow and/or not at all.



Maybe I owe Comcast an apology?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:that's kinda what I thought when I read it.
short(bus) version:
something bad that makes websites run slow and/or not at all.



That's better.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
klozitshoper wrote:Blankety Comcast. Would not allow me in my Email accounts and could not get online. Why? After hours on the phone "we are upgrading to make your experience much better." Don't do me any favors, Comcast. Nic - sign in - screen name. I still am not sure who is whom exactly. I need to read back I guess. Orc is someone else here? for example.

Anyhow, I had a bit of soft food - scrambled egg - for dinner and now the tooth is rebelling from all of the insults to it today.



Orc is rarely here anymore, but he's KtC's husband.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Evening all. How goes it. Back in the saddle here finally even if I'm not 100% functional yet.

Picked up something in WI. I think it started as allergies but has settled into an infection. Gonna give it another day to see if it will fix itself.



Hope you're feeling better.

Does son feel better having talking to the cardio guy?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Hope you're feeling better.

Does son feel better having talking to the cardio guy?

Not really. He didn't have the files (at the other office) so really couldn't give us much info. We're going to meet with him again when we get the autopsy reports.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

klozitshoper wrote:Sorry TT. I remember going to work and feeling like I should just be home under the covers sleeping. Hope you feel really well soon.

Thanks. Overwhelmed seems to be an apt description.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:Distributed denial of service attacks on root nameservers are Internet events in which distributed denial-of-service attacks target one or more of the thirteen Domain Name System root nameservers. The root nameservers are critical infrastructure components of the Internet, mapping domain names to Internet Protocol (IP) going to and other information. Attacks against the root nameservers can impact operation of the entire Internet, rather than specific websites.



Pretty much yeah. And it sucked.

Now we are having a flash thunder shower. I might have to go find a book (and some flashlights).

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.Last full day on this job. Have a real prospect in the works and a good backup. May be a case of who pulls the trigger first.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.Last full day on this job. Have a real prospect in the works and a good backup. May be a case of who pulls the trigger first.



Sending good job thoughts your way!!!!

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:Sending good job thoughts your way!!!!



Thanks!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.Last full day on this job. Have a real prospect in the works and a good backup. May be a case of who pulls the trigger first.



That's great. Some down time in between? Does that mean you'll be here all day, too?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning all.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.Last full day on this job. Have a real prospect in the works and a good backup. May be a case of who pulls the trigger first.



You are the master of just throwing us a tiny bit of information, once in awhile.


Best of luck. Hope you get something on your side of the beltway!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:That's great. Some down time in between? Does that mean you'll be here all day, too?



Hopefully not much; just received a call from one of the outfits I'd been hoping would call back!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:You are the master of just throwing us a tiny bit of information, once in awhile.


Best of luck. Hope you get something on your side of the beltway!



You all know enough about me.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Hopefully not much; just received a call from one of the outfits I'd been hoping would call back!



Wonderful!



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Morning all. Had to put pw in three times before it took - either typos or bug. Whatever. Semi sunny day with more storms expected - nothing heavy - hot and sticky.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:You all know enough about me.




SWM mid 50's. DC area. Hates sitting in traffic. Has dog that never seems to leave the property.

There is more, but that is most of what we know.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:SWM mid 50's. DC area. Hates sitting in traffic. Has dog that never seems to leave the property.

There is more, but that is most of what we know.



Technically, I'm a DWM.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Technically, I'm a DWM.



OK.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:OK.



And terminally grumpy.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
AZGman wrote:And terminally grumpy.



Good luck with your (job) prospects!

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:And terminally grumpy.



What if you really click with this new job? You might not be grumpy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Dr said I was healthy, except for the parts that aren't.

Can't keep taking the steroids. Very sad. Cured everything that was a problem. Gotta quit before they start their own problems.
But, I can take them on a as needed basis!
We will see what happens.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.