Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I hate the steroids I've had to take for allergy issues. The make me an emotion mess.

Unrelated...Very morbid, perhaps, but it annoys me that work announces 'condolences to the family of Mr Joe Smith, who passed suddenly on Friday.' Of what? Heart attack? Car wreck? Knife fight? Parachute failure?

I don't know the person, so have to guess.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:I hate the steroids I've had to take for allergy issues. The make me an emotion mess.

Unrelated...Very morbid, perhaps, but it annoys me that work announces 'condolences to the family of Mr Joe Smith, who passed suddenly on Friday.' Of what? Heart attack? Car wreck? Knife fight? Parachute failure?

I don't know the person, so have to guess.

I always figure that's a heart attack.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Dr said I was healthy, except for the parts that aren't.

Can't keep taking the steroids. Very sad. Cured everything that was a problem. Gotta quit before they start their own problems.
But, I can take them on a as needed basis!
We will see what happens.

Steroids don't cure; they mask.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Steroids don't cure; they mask.

Yeah, but NOTHING HURT at all when I was taking them!

That is going to make the aches and pains harder to take, knowing they can be gone.

The right hand needs to work, but dr said I can gets shots right into my wrist. Better than pills.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Yeah, but NOTHING HURT at all when I was taking them!

That is going to make the aches and pains harder to take, knowing they can be gone.

The right hand needs to work, but dr said I can gets shots right into my wrist. Better than pills.

Shots are fun!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Shots are fun!

Jello shots are.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Jello shots are.

intravenous or intramuscular?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:intravenous or intra muscrlar?

Oral.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Oral.

Yum

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! Grand baby and his Daddy left today. Baby Daddy made French Toast for breakfast before he left. Yummy! Baby and all of us cried as they left. Baby Daddy promised to come back soon. I've been finding and cleaning little kid hand prints all over the condo. The cat and dog are thrilled that they have gone. The condo seems at least 50% larger! Seems too quiet....

joyner

AZGman wrote:Yum

Good luck with the job search! May the highest paying, shortest commute win!

AZGman

joyner wrote:Good luck with the job search! May the highest paying, shortest commute win!

Me, too!!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
joyner wrote:Good luck with the job search! May the highest paying, shortest commute win!

What she said!

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

joyner wrote:Hey everybody! Grand baby and his Daddy left today. Baby Daddy made French Toast for breakfast before he left. Yummy! Baby and all of us cried as they left. Baby Daddy promised to come back soon. I've been finding and cleaning little kid hand prints all over the condo. The cat and dog are thrilled that they have gone. The condo seems at least 50% larger! Seems too quiet....

Love to have them, a sigh of relief when they leave.

AZGman

g'night.

pooflady

Anybody home?

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

I'm here.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I'm here.

Me too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Verizon came to hook up the other apartment's service today. The technician routed my service to their apt. I was on hold with verizon to find out why my service was disconnected AGAIN. The call dropped and that person called my verizon home #. It rang in the apartment next door. Next thing I know my home # is calling my cell and it is the neighbor.

I mean really... Incompetent much?

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:Verizon came to hook up the other apartment's service today. The technician routed my service to their apt. I was on hold with verizon to find out why my service was disconnected AGAIN. The call dropped and that person called my verizon home #. It rang in the apartment next door. Next thing I know my home # is calling my cell and it is the neighbor.

I mean really... Incompetent much?

I have to say I have had very good service from verizon but holy crap!!! You have been to a new level of hell!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:I have to say I have had very good service from verizon but holy crap!!! You have been to a new level of hell!

I cried. I told them if their goal was to break me then they won. I give. They can stop now.

When I got off the phone with them at 9 they were trying to figure out if they could fix it without a technician coming out. She promised me a call back tonight either way. Promised 5 times.

I called back at 10:15. I was told that supervisor had gone home for the day. "well there is a technician scheduled to come out there tomorrow, why did they need to call you back tonight"

Maybe to TELL ME that?

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:I cried. I told them if their goal was to break me then they won. I give. They can stop now.

When I got off the phone with them at 9 they were trying to figure out if they could fix it without a technician coming out. She promised me a call back tonight either way. Promised 5 times.

I called back at 10:15. I was told that supervisor had gone home for the day. "well there is a technician scheduled to come out there tomorrow, why did they need to call you back tonight"

Maybe to TELL ME that?

My God!!! I think I'd be going after somebody with a gun.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:I cried. I told them if their goal was to break me then they won. I give. They can stop now.

Maybe to TELL ME that?

Sit down and write a nice long opinion piece for the paper. It'll make you feel better. Publish it on facebook while you're at it

Goodnight all.

Beware the V'owls screech!

Iceback

Kid- I hope things work out better for you today, I really do, there is NO excuse for that poor service.
I'm not sure how current this info is but...
Maybe you need to go this route:
—>if you have a Verizon landline issue that has been escalated to management but you're still not getting a satisfactory answer, you may want to try kicking it up to the CEO or his close cadre of immediate minions. Maybe you can ask them where your f***ing "Free LCD TV" is.

212-395-1060 is the number for the CEO's office.
212-719-3349 is the fax number for the CEO's office.
212-321-8700 is Verizon Executive Customer Service.
ivan.g.seidenberg@verizon.com is the CEO's email address

Good morning all.

AZGman

Iceback wrote:Kid- I hope things work out better for you today, I really do, there is NO excuse for that poor service.
Maybe you need to go this route:
—>if you have a Verizon landline issue that has been escalated to management but you're still not getting a satisfactory answer, you may want to try kicking it up to the CEO or his close cadre of immediate minions. Maybe you can ask them where your f***ing "Free LCD TV" is.

212-395-1060 is the number for the CEO's office.
212-719-3349 is the fax number for the CEO's office.
212-321-8700 is Verizon Executive Customer Service.
ivan.g.seidenberg@verizon.com is the CEO's email address

Good morning all.

Nice digging, I'back!!!

Mornin', folks. Last morning on the job. I out-process the Agency at 10 am and my company at noon.

expect to have an interview with a company I've been recommended to early next week!!

Meanwhile, the owner/president of another company is actively seeking to place me on one of his contracts!!

So my downtime may be very short-lived!!!

joyner

Good morning everybody! Good luck AZ!

edit: Good grief Kid, so sorry you are having all this trouble!

Mavyn

So sorry to hear of the Verizon woes! Hope they get it sorted today and compensate you for this. Definitely escalate it as high as you can!

Morning!

Fingers crossed for the job of your choice, Az!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Nice digging, I'back!!!

Mornin', folks. Last morning on the job. I out-process the Agency at 10 am and my company at noon.

expect to have an interview with a company I've been recommended to early next week!!

Meanwhile, the owner/president of another company is actively seeking to place me on one of his contracts!!

So my downtime may be very short-lived!!!

"Everything's coming up roses!"

Will it be a problem deciding between the two?

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

mornin peeps

I took today off

have already been called by work

one of my techs got bit by a cat

not severe...but all cat bites are nasty, so will require a dr visit and antibiotics.

Lynnzoi

kid - feel your pain with Verizon...spent an entire day on the phone with them at work a while back...called them about something and out of the blue they said 'did you know that as of tomorrow we are not your provider?' What??? Seems we somehow got slammed and they were unable to give us any details. I went up the chain and ended up with a supervisor who still said he couldn't tell me anything but maybe if I tried calling this number....huh?? supposedly some inside line for some sleazy phone co that *may* be the ones who took our service. I made the supervisor give me a phone number so I could call him back...he ended up giving me his personal cell number as 'there was no other way to reach him at the call center'. whatever. after several calls to this sleazy phone co (who denied having our service) our service was magically restored to Verizon.

Verizon was never able to answer who initiated or authorized the switch on supposedly 'protected' business lines.

Lynnzoi

az - good luck today.....hope all goes smoothly and you find yourself in a new endeavor soon - sounds like that ain't gonna be a problem!

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:kid - feel your pain with Verizon...spent an entire day on the phone with them at work a while back...called them about something and out of the blue they said 'did you know that as of tomorrow we are not your provider?' What??? Seems we somehow got slammed and they were unable to give us any details. I went up the chain and ended up with a supervisor who still said he couldn't tell me anything but maybe if I tried calling this number....huh?? supposedly some inside line for some sleazy phone co that *may* be the ones who took our service. I made the supervisor give me a phone number so I could call him back...he ended up giving me his personal cell number as 'there was no other way to reach him at the call center'. whatever. after several calls to this sleazy phone co (who denied having our service) our service was magically restored to Verizon.

Verizon was never able to answer who initiated or authorized the switch on supposedly 'protected' business lines.

Good heavens, it's beginning to sound like Verizon has their own definition of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Mavyn

Just got a call on my cell.
Me: "Hello?"
Her: "Is this Rhoda"
Me: "No, it isn't".
her: "Oh, ok. Do I have the right number? I'm looking for Rhoda."

Right, because if Rhoda WERE at this number, just asking 'is this rhoda' wouldn't prompt a response of 'Oh, let me get her'.

Lynnzoi

Mavyn wrote:Just got a call on my cell.
Me: "Hello?"
Her: "Is this Rhoda"
Me: "No, it isn't".
her: "Oh, ok. Do I have the right number? I'm looking for Rhoda."

Right, because if Rhoda WERE at this number, just asking 'is this rhoda' wouldn't prompt a response of 'Oh, let me get her'.

people don't listen, don't pay attention, and are *positive* that they couldn't have mis-dialed.

I get numerous calls for a realtor....and even tho my VM mssg says 'Hi,this is Lynn' I still get 'hey Jackie, this is so-and-so looking at the property at such-and-such'.

Does 'Lynn' even remotely sound like 'Jackie'?

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Good heavens, it's beginning to sound like Verizon has their own definition of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

don't ask, don't tell, don't do anything

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Verizon, or AT&T are your only choices anymore it seems. So much for anti-trust laws.

In any case the new place doesn't have any internet yet so I'll see you in a week or so.

Still single, can't imagine why.

Mavyn

Lynnzoi wrote:people don't listen, don't pay attention, and are *positive* that they couldn't have mis-dialed.

I get numerous calls for a realtor....and even tho my VM mssg says 'Hi,this is Lynn' I still get 'hey Jackie, this is so-and-so looking at the property at such-and-such'.

Does 'Lynn' even remotely sound like 'Jackie'?

We finally got around to setting up a house line. Since we haven't given the number to anyone, we know that when it rings, it's not for us. It IS for Sidney Griffin (who has a doctor's appointment coming up, owes on student loans, has a child that wasn't in school last week, and owes LabCare some money too).

I think the worst 'wrong number' issue I've had was in Wyoming. Little old lady called me THREE times on New Years, trying to get in touch with family--she didn't believe me when I said she was dialing the right number, they just didn't live there anymore. I felt awful.

Lynnzoi

Mavyn wrote:We finally got around to setting up a house line. Since we haven't given the number to anyone, we know that when it rings, it's not for us. It IS for Sidney Griffin (who has a doctor's appointment coming up, owes on student loans, has a child that wasn't in school last week, and owes LabCare some money too).

I think the worst 'wrong number' issue I've had was in Wyoming. Little old lady called me THREE times on New Years, trying to get in touch with family--she didn't believe me when I said she was dialing the right number, they just didn't live there anymore. I felt awful.

yikes....you might never get the calls to stop since they owe people money! a friend of mine keeps getting calls from a hospital billing dept and they won't believe her that the person that owes them money doesn't live there...has never lived there...has never been at that number..that he might actually *gasp* have given a fake phone number (they have had this phone number for years). She has called and complained but still occasionally receives a call demanding payment.

Lynnzoi

FenStar wrote:Verizon, or AT&T are your only choices anymore it seems. So much for anti-trust laws.

In any case the new place doesn't have any internet yet so I'll see you in a week or so.

I have my phone thru my cable company. no problems. better service than I ever got thru at&t.

and have fun - a whole week disconnected!! give ya time to get out and take some more pics!