Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Lynnzoi wrote:yikes....you might never get the calls to stop since they owe people money! a friend of mine keeps getting calls from a hospital billing dept and they won't believe her that the person that owes them money doesn't live there...has never lived there...has never been at that number..that he might actually *gasp* have given a fake phone number (they have had this phone number for years). She has called and complained but still occasionally receives a call demanding payment.

If I have time, I will take the calls and talk to customer service. They've been good, so far, have already gotten 2 places to stop calling. Bigger issue is that most of the calls come during the day, when no one is there.

SO takes a different tact--he pushes the button to get to a real person and then sets the phone on the loudest, splashiest tank we have.

I know, strange.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
Mavyn wrote:If I have time, I will take the calls and talk to customer service. They've been good, so far, have already gotten 2 places to stop calling. Bigger issue is that most of the calls come during the day, when no one is there.

SO takes a different tact--he pushes the button to get to a real person and then sets the phone on the loudest, splashiest tank we have.

I know, strange.

haha! talk to the fish, the face ain't listenin!

Mavyn

Lynnzoi wrote:haha! talk to the fish, the face ain't listenin!

I rather suspect he's hoping it makes them need to make a run to the loo. ;)

Lynnzoi

Mavyn wrote:I rather suspect he's hoping it makes them need to make a run to the loo. ;)

ahhh the ol tinkle torture technique!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Lynnzoi wrote:yikes....you might never get the calls to stop since they owe people money! a friend of mine keeps getting calls from a hospital billing dept and they won't believe her that the person that owes them money doesn't live there...has never lived there...has never been at that number..that he might actually *gasp* have given a fake phone number (they have had this phone number for years). She has called and complained but still occasionally receives a call demanding payment.

There's someone that has the same name as my husband that must owe a bunch of people money. We keep getting calls from collection agencies. I can usually tell as soon as I answer the phone and I just say, if you're looking for the //husband's name// that lives on //different street than ours//, you have the wrong person. End of call. What bugs me are the collection agencies that call with a recording and you have to call them. If you don't, they keep calling like that.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:There's someone that has the same name as my husband that must owe a bunch of people money. We keep getting calls from collection agencies. I can usually tell as soon as I answer the phone and I just say, if you're looking for the //husband's name// that lives on //different street than ours//, you have the wrong person. End of call. What bugs me are the collection agencies that call with a recording and you have to call them. If you don't, they keep calling like that.

I had one like that when I first got my current cell phone number. I was in a panic, because they didn't leave a name, just 'calling regarding a recent transaction in *nearby town*'.

Lynnzoi

ok, guess I should get offa my keester and do somethin productive. Part of the reason I took an extended holiday weekend.

time to flush this house!

ttfn!

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:ok, guess I should get offa my keester and do somethin productive. Part of the reason I took an extended holiday weekend.

time to flush this house!

ttfn!

Run, furries, run!

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Have to go grocery shopping because I was too [mod note: filters exist for a reason] not to go earlier when it wasn't this hot.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Hello.

I'm officially unemployed, but was surprised to learn I get 6 weeks severance pay!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Hello.

I'm officially unemployed, but was surprised to learn I get 6 weeks severance pay!!

woohoo! that makes it a lil easier to swallow

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Kid- I hope things work out better for you today, I really do, there is NO excuse for that poor service.
I'm not sure how current this info is but...
Maybe you need to go this route:
—>if you have a Verizon landline issue that has been escalated to management but you're still not getting a satisfactory answer, you may want to try kicking it up to the CEO or his close cadre of immediate minions. Maybe you can ask them where your f***ing "Free LCD TV" is.

212-395-1060 is the number for the CEO's office.
212-719-3349 is the fax number for the CEO's office.
212-321-8700 is Verizon Executive Customer Service.
ivan.g.seidenberg@verizon.com is the CEO's email address

Good morning all.

So that is what happened to all the 212 numbers! Verizon kept them for themselves.
All of nyc was 212 when I was a kid. Then only manhattan, then only parts of manhattan.
It is extremely desirable to have the 212 area code.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Nice digging, I'back!!!

Mornin', folks. Last morning on the job. I out-process the Agency at 10 am and my company at noon.

expect to have an interview with a company I've been recommended to early next week!!

Meanwhile, the owner/president of another company is actively seeking to place me on one of his contracts!!

So my downtime may be very short-lived!!!

If you have something waiting, there is nothing wrong with some down time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:If you have something waiting, there is nothing wrong with some down time.

Perhaps.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:There's someone that has the same name as my husband that must owe a bunch of people money. We keep getting calls from collection agencies. I can usually tell as soon as I answer the phone and I just say, if you're looking for the //husband's name// that lives on //different street than ours//, you have the wrong person. End of call. What bugs me are the collection agencies that call with a recording and you have to call them. If you don't, they keep calling like that.

He might have finally moved, but we had a guy with hubby's name. Luckily he didn't owe money. He did have at least one kid who didn't live with him. We got a are you my daddy call.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Perhaps.

Well, you don't have something waiting yet.

But you will.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Have to go grocery shopping because I was too [mod note: filters exist for a reason] not to go earlier when it wasn't this hot.

What did you say????

Who caught it?????

Damn, there is a new staff mod, that I don't know.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:What did you say????

Who caught it?????

she said stupid

as in 'these stupid filters suck'

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:What did you say????

Who caught it?????

You've been marginalized.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:she said stupid

as in 'these stupid filters suck'

Woot staff have the maturity of your average 12-year old.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:You've been marginalized.

I don't know if it is a old wooter or someone just looking for a computer job.
I didn't know the last vol mod, but it was a kid from shirt and wine, places I don't spend that much time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Woot staff have the maturity of your average 12-year old.

then they should enjoy our flagrant disregard for rules and our use of colorful language

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Woot staff have the maturity of your average 12-year old.

They also have a ability to read the last x number of posts posted on a site. Which I should use. But forget I have.
I'm thinking that is how Gatzby just shows up at times.

So, should I go to the store?

Yeah, I should.

Hubby might be home for a 3 day weekend. Son will be home for 2 days. Cat will be home a few weeks.
I should get food.

I wonder if son is eating meat?

Cat is going to the vet on Sunday. New vet. But he will only get his shots and nails clipped before he scratches more of my house.
I guess the regular vet is off on Sunday. I'm surprised they made an apt for a physical on sunday. This is the rat's vet, not the dogs

Oh ..... I was going shopping wasn't I?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:then they should enjoy our flagrant disregard for rules and our use of colorful language

Yeah!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:then they should enjoy our flagrant disregard for rules and our use of colorful language

But enjoy employing the power of authority they would not themselves submit to.

Thery've been given cattle prods and we are the herd.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:But enjoy employing the power of authority they would not themselves submit to.

Thery've been given cattle prods and we are the herd.

zap

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:He might have finally moved, but we had a guy with hubby's name. Luckily he didn't owe money. He did have at least one kid who didn't live with him. We got a are you my daddy call.

Uh-oh.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:Have to go grocery shopping because I was too [mod note: filters exist for a reason] not to go earlier when it wasn't this hot.

For what possible reason is there a filter for s t u p i d except for the enjoyment of some juvenile staff?

AZGman

Hope I remember to not set my alarm tonight!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Hope I remember to not set my alarm tonight!!

yes, that would suck

AZGman

pooflady wrote:For what possible reason is there a filter for s t u p i d except for the enjoyment of some juvenile staff?

Isn't Gatzby in charge of the filterkinderen?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Isn't Gatzby in charge of the filterkinderen?

I don't know.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:For what possible reason is there a filter for s t u p i d except for the enjoyment of some juvenile staff?

I think we should all use a filtered word in every post - circumventing the filters, of course - and see if that shorts out their stupid lil brains

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:yes, that would suck

I don't think suck is filtered any longer.

AZGman

AZGman wrote:I don't think suck is filtered any longer.

Gonna hafta stay up later tonight; might quiet the place down.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:I don't think suck is filtered any longer.

oh

Mavyn

Ceiling has a new coat of paint. One wall has a new coat. If I am motivated after dinner, will paint more...yay for banishing the white walls!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:I think we should all use a filtered word in every post - circumventing the filters, of course - and see if that shorts out their stupid lil brains

They care more about staying childish than I care about avoiding their childishness.

Lynnzoi

Mavyn wrote:Ceiling has a new coat of paint. One wall has a new coat. If I am motivated after dinner, will paint more...yay for banishing the white walls!

yay!

painting is on my mini-vacation agenda too

yip-pee

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:They care more about staying childish than I care about avoiding their childishness.

damn kids anyway

I spose I should go finish fixin supper...them chicken enchiladas won't make themselves