Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Lynnzoi wrote:yikes....you might never get the calls to stop since they owe people money! a friend of mine keeps getting calls from a hospital billing dept and they won't believe her that the person that owes them money doesn't live there...has never lived there...has never been at that number..that he might actually *gasp* have given a fake phone number (they have had this phone number for years). She has called and complained but still occasionally receives a call demanding payment.



If I have time, I will take the calls and talk to customer service. They've been good, so far, have already gotten 2 places to stop calling. Bigger issue is that most of the calls come during the day, when no one is there.

SO takes a different tact--he pushes the button to get to a real person and then sets the phone on the loudest, splashiest tank we have.

I know, strange.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
Mavyn wrote:If I have time, I will take the calls and talk to customer service. They've been good, so far, have already gotten 2 places to stop calling. Bigger issue is that most of the calls come during the day, when no one is there.

SO takes a different tact--he pushes the button to get to a real person and then sets the phone on the loudest, splashiest tank we have.

I know, strange.



haha! talk to the fish, the face ain't listenin!

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Lynnzoi wrote:haha! talk to the fish, the face ain't listenin!



I rather suspect he's hoping it makes them need to make a run to the loo. ;)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
Mavyn wrote:I rather suspect he's hoping it makes them need to make a run to the loo. ;)



ahhh the ol tinkle torture technique!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Lynnzoi wrote:yikes....you might never get the calls to stop since they owe people money! a friend of mine keeps getting calls from a hospital billing dept and they won't believe her that the person that owes them money doesn't live there...has never lived there...has never been at that number..that he might actually *gasp* have given a fake phone number (they have had this phone number for years). She has called and complained but still occasionally receives a call demanding payment.



There's someone that has the same name as my husband that must owe a bunch of people money. We keep getting calls from collection agencies. I can usually tell as soon as I answer the phone and I just say, if you're looking for the //husband's name// that lives on //different street than ours//, you have the wrong person. End of call. What bugs me are the collection agencies that call with a recording and you have to call them. If you don't, they keep calling like that.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:There's someone that has the same name as my husband that must owe a bunch of people money. We keep getting calls from collection agencies. I can usually tell as soon as I answer the phone and I just say, if you're looking for the //husband's name// that lives on //different street than ours//, you have the wrong person. End of call. What bugs me are the collection agencies that call with a recording and you have to call them. If you don't, they keep calling like that.



I had one like that when I first got my current cell phone number. I was in a panic, because they didn't leave a name, just 'calling regarding a recent transaction in *nearby town*'.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

ok, guess I should get offa my keester and do somethin productive. Part of the reason I took an extended holiday weekend.

time to flush this house!

ttfn!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Lynnzoi wrote:ok, guess I should get offa my keester and do somethin productive. Part of the reason I took an extended holiday weekend.

time to flush this house!

ttfn!



Run, furries, run!



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Have to go grocery shopping because I was too [mod note: filters exist for a reason] not to go earlier when it wasn't this hot.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Hello.

I'm officially unemployed, but was surprised to learn I get 6 weeks severance pay!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Hello.

I'm officially unemployed, but was surprised to learn I get 6 weeks severance pay!!



woohoo! that makes it a lil easier to swallow

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Kid- I hope things work out better for you today, I really do, there is NO excuse for that poor service.
I'm not sure how current this info is but...
Maybe you need to go this route:
—>if you have a Verizon landline issue that has been escalated to management but you're still not getting a satisfactory answer, you may want to try kicking it up to the CEO or his close cadre of immediate minions. Maybe you can ask them where your f***ing "Free LCD TV" is.

212-395-1060 is the number for the CEO's office.
212-719-3349 is the fax number for the CEO's office.
212-321-8700 is Verizon Executive Customer Service.
ivan.g.seidenberg@verizon.com is the CEO's email address



Good morning all.



So that is what happened to all the 212 numbers! Verizon kept them for themselves.
All of nyc was 212 when I was a kid. Then only manhattan, then only parts of manhattan.
It is extremely desirable to have the 212 area code.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Nice digging, I'back!!!

Mornin', folks. Last morning on the job. I out-process the Agency at 10 am and my company at noon.

expect to have an interview with a company I've been recommended to early next week!!

Meanwhile, the owner/president of another company is actively seeking to place me on one of his contracts!!

So my downtime may be very short-lived!!!



If you have something waiting, there is nothing wrong with some down time.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:If you have something waiting, there is nothing wrong with some down time.



Perhaps.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:There's someone that has the same name as my husband that must owe a bunch of people money. We keep getting calls from collection agencies. I can usually tell as soon as I answer the phone and I just say, if you're looking for the //husband's name// that lives on //different street than ours//, you have the wrong person. End of call. What bugs me are the collection agencies that call with a recording and you have to call them. If you don't, they keep calling like that.



He might have finally moved, but we had a guy with hubby's name. Luckily he didn't owe money. He did have at least one kid who didn't live with him. We got a are you my daddy call.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Perhaps.



Well, you don't have something waiting yet.

But you will.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Have to go grocery shopping because I was too [mod note: filters exist for a reason] not to go earlier when it wasn't this hot.



What did you say????

Who caught it?????

Damn, there is a new staff mod, that I don't know.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
dontwantaname wrote:What did you say????

Who caught it?????

Damn, there is a new staff mod, that I don't know.



she said stupid

as in 'these stupid filters suck'

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:What did you say????

Who caught it?????

Damn, there is a new staff mod, that I don't know.



You've been marginalized.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:she said stupid

as in 'these stupid filters suck'



Woot staff have the maturity of your average 12-year old.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:You've been marginalized.



I don't know if it is a old wooter or someone just looking for a computer job.
I didn't know the last vol mod, but it was a kid from shirt and wine, places I don't spend that much time.




WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Woot staff have the maturity of your average 12-year old.



then they should enjoy our flagrant disregard for rules and our use of colorful language

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Woot staff have the maturity of your average 12-year old.



They also have a ability to read the last x number of posts posted on a site. Which I should use. But forget I have.
I'm thinking that is how Gatzby just shows up at times.

So, should I go to the store?

Yeah, I should.

Hubby might be home for a 3 day weekend. Son will be home for 2 days. Cat will be home a few weeks.
I should get food.

I wonder if son is eating meat?

Cat is going to the vet on Sunday. New vet. But he will only get his shots and nails clipped before he scratches more of my house.
I guess the regular vet is off on Sunday. I'm surprised they made an apt for a physical on sunday. This is the rat's vet, not the dogs


Oh ..... I was going shopping wasn't I?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:then they should enjoy our flagrant disregard for rules and our use of colorful language




Yeah!!!





WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:then they should enjoy our flagrant disregard for rules and our use of colorful language



But enjoy employing the power of authority they would not themselves submit to.


Thery've been given cattle prods and we are the herd.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:But enjoy employing the power of authority they would not themselves submit to.


Thery've been given cattle prods and we are the herd.



zap

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:He might have finally moved, but we had a guy with hubby's name. Luckily he didn't owe money. He did have at least one kid who didn't live with him. We got a are you my daddy call.



Uh-oh.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
pooflady wrote:Have to go grocery shopping because I was too [mod note: filters exist for a reason] not to go earlier when it wasn't this hot.



For what possible reason is there a filter for s t u p i d except for the enjoyment of some juvenile staff?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Hope I remember to not set my alarm tonight!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Hope I remember to not set my alarm tonight!!



yes, that would suck

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:For what possible reason is there a filter for s t u p i d except for the enjoyment of some juvenile staff?



Isn't Gatzby in charge of the filterkinderen?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Isn't Gatzby in charge of the filterkinderen?



I don't know.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:For what possible reason is there a filter for s t u p i d except for the enjoyment of some juvenile staff?



I think we should all use a filtered word in every post - circumventing the filters, of course - and see if that shorts out their stupid lil brains

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:yes, that would suck



I don't think suck is filtered any longer.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
AZGman wrote:I don't think suck is filtered any longer.



Gonna hafta stay up later tonight; might quiet the place down.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:I don't think suck is filtered any longer.



oh

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Ceiling has a new coat of paint. One wall has a new coat. If I am motivated after dinner, will paint more...yay for banishing the white walls!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:I think we should all use a filtered word in every post - circumventing the filters, of course - and see if that shorts out their stupid lil brains



They care more about staying childish than I care about avoiding their childishness.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
Mavyn wrote:Ceiling has a new coat of paint. One wall has a new coat. If I am motivated after dinner, will paint more...yay for banishing the white walls!



yay!

painting is on my mini-vacation agenda too



yip-pee

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:They care more about staying childish than I care about avoiding their childishness.



damn kids anyway






I spose I should go finish fixin supper...them chicken enchiladas won't make themselves