collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: chop it down

Love the title and your illustration style is really cool. Almost far side ish. +1

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: The Earl of Sammich

Everyone has a favorite part, my favorite part is the shoes!

Your skills are freaking OUT lately, this is so sharp.

Too cool.Walk on samich, strut on by.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

DeadMonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeadMonster
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52492]The Royal

The cat seems quite proud to be so lazy he doesn't even have to left his own arms.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Making Money

Wonderful illustration !

Personal note...The footage of your Royal wedding brought tears of joy to my eyes, what a happy day.
My daughter printed a picture of the princess to show her 1st grade class.(over here, the wedding was over by the time we got up and the pictures were all over the internet!)
I know you all feel the same (happy, hopeful and romantic)over there!!
Now lets see some new royal babies!!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 128 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: King of Nothing

"King of Nothing"

Because bad luck will leave you with nothing and royally bad luck might leave you without a head.

3 colors. I'll post a full version in a moment.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Sacrifice

Drakxxx(spelled it right!)
What I love about all of your artwork is the bits of yourself that creep in.The mood is always a little dark and a little dangerous but there is always a central character that everyone can relate to and because we get to enjoy your work all the time, we can see that it is you, coming through as these lead characters.
Crescent-D, your ability to take Drakxxx's linework and paint it up, give it life and spirit is such a visual pleasure to witness.I love both of your own works too!!!But these collabs are so amazing, together you 2 become an entirely new entity, and we likey that entity.We likey,alot!

um,great job!Der!

t4stywh34t

quality posts: 1 Private Messages t4stywh34t
Re: chop it down

Please, for the love of all that is holy, get this printed people. My edgar collection is too small.

t4stywh34t

quality posts: 1 Private Messages t4stywh34t
walmazan wrote:The Royal Shame

3 colors, I hope you like it

Black sheep!

Some detail!

Really cool design, even at a quick glance. With a longer glance, tells a great story. I'd definitely wear this.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Really love how this turned out. It's super striking as an image, and I love the message it carries. Bad luck will indeed leave you with nothing! Or in my case, bad luck usually leaves me with A)late fees or B) physical torment. (usually both)

I would buy this and wear it like mad. Maybe it would offset my tendency for walking under ladders and generally causing myself a lot of unnecessary strife, hahaha. Beautiful work dude, +1!

evchristensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evchristensen
Re: royal king 2

Hey Try getting rid of the stylized rock he's standing on. I think thats whats tripping them up.

tophat1121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tophat1121
Re: Chicken Caesar

I need to wear this shirt... it must happen... VOTE FOR IT!

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Hey look! A rat wearing a crown and a guitar!

I am going to throw this out there - I have always wanted to collaborate with another artist on one of these derbies. Any takers? Not this derby, but maybe something in the future.

pokethedeadkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokethedeadkat
Re: Monarch Duel

Inspired by an article on male butterflies fighting over territory.

Originally an ink and watercolor illustration, converted to 5 colors on creme for your shirt wearing pleasure.

loveengrey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey

Wow its so weird seeing something really dark from you. I'm so used to the bright happy and cute haha. Great work though.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: The Fisher King

I'd wear this! It can be the second woot shirt I buy, if the one I wanted from last week wins.

The colors and patterns are great, and I especially like how the branch and water make the t shirt a part of the design.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: My one weakness

Hey it is back, and I'm guessing this one is staying - voted.

snookerhands

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snookerhands
pokethedeadkat wrote:Inspired by an article on male butterflies fighting over territory.

Originally an ink and watercolor illustration, converted to 5 colors on creme for your shirt wearing pleasure.

I knew that colouring looked traditional! A fine shirt my friend, the traditional touch just gives it more energy and makes it feel more authentic too, I'm really digging this.

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
j5 wrote:"The Godfather"

Never seen it...must be a guy thing

Thanks.

piakul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piakul
Re: And then they kissed.

I love the dragon's expression... he looks so guilty with his puppets...

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Regal Rainbow v.2

Still a regal rainbow, now with more royal tea and less side drippy thingie.

Please re-vote! :D

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Regal Rainbow

Thanks for the comments and support! I did a version 2 if you want to check it out and vote. :D http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52509

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

This one might be a winner. Great job, guys.

mystymaples

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mystymaples

Great shirt, very rich design. I'm in for one when it makes it!

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: Two Queens

This would be perfect if it weren't on brown.

Am I the only one who feels the red & black clash with a brown background?

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
pearlysepta wrote:I love this design! My only wish is that it was on a different T-Shirt color, like blue or possibly dark gray...

Good call - I think asphalt would look GREAT. And blue would be way better than brown. But the asphalt would work best bc it's most similar to the silvery colour of mirror.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

lrgillilanmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lrgillilanmartin

Is the shirt cranberry or red???

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh

Thank you everyone for the great comments. This shirt wouldn't be a success without the help and feedback I got while designing in the pre-derby thread.

Here's a close up of the poor little black checkers.

Which one is your fav? I like the crying one best. The dreaded double jump!!!

rasungod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rasungod
Re: The Peace King

The boy in this shirt looks exactly like the boy playing Edmund in our community theater production of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

This entry had a bit more back and forth than normal. Sometimes I make an odd edit to Drakxxx's lines. Sometimes I don't do anything to them. I thought I'd show everyone some of the changes that happened along the way as we both sort of tugged a bit and found a middle ground.

Original Drakxxx drawing (100% his idea by the way):

After some feedback in the forums he changed it a bit and sent it to me:

I didn't get around to it until Friday afternoon where I sat down and for some reason, wasn't 100% on board. For whatever reason I was feeling some aggression in my blood so I really wanted to step this guy up. So I kept the top portion and redrew the rest. I went with a more angled shot and moved the pawn onto the proper square.

Drakxxx liked what I did but wanted a wider stance on the knight. He made a few other little tweaks.

I liked the wider stance but went in and blackened it up and whatnot to match what I'd done before. Originally I made his feet closer together so he was in his square. But we decided it didn't matter. He was standing over it so that was good enough. At this point I cleaned up the Queen and King pieces in the background.

Lastly I did the colors with no changes. This was a case where I already knew the colors going in. So I actually spent more time doing line edits than colors.

Hopefully you guys like what resulted from our not-so-typical back and forth process this time.

Thanks as always.

fventz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fventz

Love the design, hate the shirt color. If you chose a darker color your design would stand out more. Also, I would've avoided framing it with the card outline. Why not just print the whole thing on the shirt as it is - without drawing a line around it? Makes it look kinda static.

GMV, though. Woot needs more kinky stuff like this.

fventz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fventz

Apart from being a rather Jatravartid pop culture reference the design also isn't very well executed.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01

Wow, the colors are awesome on this! The fur is so well done too. And such striking eyes!! You definitely drew a lot of attention towards them. GMV!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
CrescentDebris wrote:This entry had a bit more back and forth than normal.

Thanks for showing your steps, it's very cool to see how the full design came together . I like the perspective changes you added. It definitely gives a more epic scale to the piece.

LegendaryGatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LegendaryGatz

My God, this shirt is one of the best derby entries I've seen in weeks!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: off with his scoop!

this is hilarious! I love the "headsman" is a cone with chocolate!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: The Fisher King

Glad to see the finished version! This is very detailed and cute! Love to support my fellow bird designs!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
patrickspens wrote:thanks for the comments! as some have mentioned there is some perspective and positioning distortion. just wanted to say that it was intentional so that the design layout was even and so the characters shared about 50/50 of the space. I was hoping that pushing space around a little would benefit the design.

Hey, you're a wonderful artist - more than entitled to some artistic license now and again.

:^)

Spiritgreen

Re: Royal Jelly

Really beautiful work, jas'. I'm shocked this isn't higher.

Spiritgreen

Re: Live Like Royal-Tea

Haha, this is so good.

I feel a little sorry for the usurped king. :D

kronuskaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kronuskaos

This is cool, GMV.