fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: The Queen of Hearts V2

YAY! You made a version on white! I love you.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
studio1172 wrote:Scandalous!

i love it, dunno why it doesn't have more votes. Maybe some people don't like the cream color shirt because it is the same color as they are, but then that's kinda the point with this design isn't it?

scynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scynn
Re: gnik noil

*It was after

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Live Like Royal-Tea

Anyone else have that Nirvana song stuck in your head now?

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
adorabrooke wrote:It's a comment on global warming. Sad & sweet.

And mine was referencing how the ice wasn't always there. (Esp. the bit about the Little Ice Age)

Despite my minor disagreement, I throughly enjoy the aesthetics of this design and wish all the best.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

I really like this. Great style. The red blood really jumps out.

popyea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popyea
Re: Loyal Subjects

Nice work man, very generously composed.
I love the way you've faded the ground out, no unnecessary halftones. I like the squirrels too.

Only bit of criticism is that the bear's proportions are a tad generic.

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Royal Family

cute

popyea

Re: Fallen Royalty

Haha, awesome idea.
I love it because i hate the use of old english crests in modern design. If i didn't just contradict myself.

lonelypond

Re: Making Money

loving the (mint) leaf + amused

popyea

Re: Look Mommy! I Won!

lmao.
the mother's face, haha.
An accurate portrait of a pageant mother.

lonelypond

Re: Happily Ever After. The End!

love the unicorn + the lion; nice scene

lonelypond

Re: Royal Jelly

excellent colors

catronia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catronia

I find this one very interesting. I know someone who would love it.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
paigeg wrote:The Guy. Yes. I totally thought that at a quick glance. On the one hand - LOVE it! BIG Disturbed fan, so the reference works for me.
On the other hand, I suspect The Guy creator Todd McFarland might object. Strenuously.
Sorry to be the bearer, but I worry about this one...

I didn't ask Drakxxx what his inspiration was but I seriously doubt the white eyes and teeth on a shaded face is a reference to "Disturbed". It's just a demon face. It's as general as a pumpkin carving. "Disturbed" has as much claim on being the creators of "evil eyes and teeth on a black face" as they do on being the creators of "rock" or "metal". Both have been around and created by many people long before them or us. That's no disrespect to them, it's just the truth. I understand though. I mean, these days if someone wears black and sunglasses it's "The Matrix", and every coffee shop is "like Starbucks".

bjoyner826

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjoyner826
Re: Royal Flush

Man this actually was my favorite of the submissions so far. What's wrong with toilet humor?

Twilightrealms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twilightrealms
Re: Sacrifice

It's really cool to see the steps that have been posted (I'm not replying to the post because of the length) and I have to say that while the shirts you guys post always stun me with just how awesome and incredibly well done they are, with some really stunning little sinister details, they're not usually my cup of tea. If they were posters, I'd paper a wall with them, but as a shirt, I don't usually find them personally wearable. I'm just not usually styled for the kind of twisted details you usually include.

That being said, there's something about this one though, and I can't really be sure what, and I will buy it in a heartbeat if it prints. Perhaps its that chess has been a hobby of mine since I was in third grade, or that I adore the little pawn in this, but I want it, and I would love to finally own one of your shirts that I admire so much.

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: Look Mommy! I Won!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

choumai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choumai
Re: Two Queens

love it! will take 2 if released!!

mistermevans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistermevans

I was admiring this shirt when I noticed that we share a name haha now I have to buy it

sethbxc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sethbxc
Re: Regicide

Awesome, withdrawing all my other votes for this. Great work, hope it makes it to print!

getupeatjelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages getupeatjelly

SOOO CUTE! i need one :D

how do i set my laser printer to stun?

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
avhienda01 wrote:Wow, the colors are awesome on this! The fur is so well done too. And such striking eyes!! You definitely drew a lot of attention towards them. GMV!

YAY! I really struggled with color for this since I wanted it to be a very limited palette. It's so easy to get conflicting colors with purple, blue, and yellow. I'm glad it worked.

popyea

5 Colors on Royal Blue.
If you were one of the 5 people to vote before feel free to re-vote.

KaisarRyu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaisarRyu

Rather entertaining, but obviously someone cheated on this rubix (two red center peices).

Give a man a fire, he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

DianaSprinkle

Awesome! Glad to see this resubbed! Cute idea and very striking as a one color design.

DianaSprinkle

Re: Two Kings

LOL this is pretty cute. The monarch's crown seems a little odd for me but it's just such a nice image that it doesn't bother me that much.

ralicag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralicag

hmmm

Re: Triumph

elliotdanko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elliotdanko
Re: THE King and Queen of POP (soda) that is

It is 100% Pop. Historically as well as preferencially. I say this as a history teacher.

popyea

studio1172 wrote:I am going to throw this out there - I have always wanted to collaborate with another artist on one of these derbies. Any takers? Not this derby, but maybe something in the future.

i'd be up for that.
keep me in mind.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
CrescentDebris wrote:I didn't ask Drakxxx what his inspiration was but I seriously doubt the white eyes and teeth on a shaded face is a reference to "Disturbed". It's just a demon face. It's as general as a pumpkin carving. "Disturbed" has as much claim on being the creators of "evil eyes and teeth on a black face" as they do on being the creators of "rock" or "metal". Both have been around and created by many people long before them or us. That's no disrespect to them, it's just the truth. I understand though. I mean, these days if someone wears black and sunglasses it's "The Matrix", and every coffee shop is "like Starbucks".

Funny thing is, I googled McFarlane's Disturbed art, and it made me think of Evil Ernie, a character that debuted in the early '90s.

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: My Kingdom

Haha, I really like this!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Birthday Suit

Awesome linework, great job!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

I can see how this particular face resembles the Disturbed guy, but it wasn't at all the inspiration. As CD mentions, it's something that I've fused with my style over the years, especially for nondescript monster faces. I actually wasn't even aware there was a Disturbed guy until now.

Heres some examples from some of my work to show that the "blank demon eyes and glass shard as teeth" aesthetic is one I use often.

And yeah, Evil Ernie does look like the Disturbed guy. I wonder who would win in a FIGHT.

Thank you guys as always for the terrific support this week.

dannidoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannidoll
Re: Demon Queen

Love your design! I would definitely wear this shirt. =)

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Lonely Queen

The Lonely Queen Bee looking for her king. Hope you enjoy the design.

DarkDrag0n

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n

Not bad shirt, except for the fact that global warming as popularized by the media and emotional responses to misinterpreted pictures of polar bears floating on ice chunks is entirely false.

Fun fact: Polar bears are actually doing well enough that they are considered over-populated in some areas, resulting in an increased hunting limit for indigenous peoples.

The actual facts are out there, if anyone bothered looking for them instead of just turning on Fox News.

http://wattsupwiththat.com

ambarina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambarina
Re: Two Kings

This design is wonderful except for the crown on the Monarch butterfly. It is unnecessary. If not for that crown, I would vote for this one and buy it if it won. It is the only design I like so far.

drsock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drsock

Please win I love the colors and design.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
lonelypond wrote:love the unicorn + the lion; nice scene

Thanks LP!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt