Awesome! My favorite so far!

irishdevilwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishdevilwoman
Re: Demon Queen

Love!

irishdevilwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishdevilwoman
Re: Demon Queen

This is pretty awesome! I think instead of barefoot she should have some wicked looking high heels or boots though...
I will buy it!

curiousme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curiousme

I love this drawing! Good job!

curiousme

This made me smile. It's very cute!

curiousme

I really like the colors against the gray. Great design! I want one

curiousme

I love the simplicity and colors of your design. Good job!

chio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chio
Re: Regicide

Amazing chess shirt! and a relevant use of the word regicide! yay.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Crown of Broccoli

Congrats on your Honorable Mention in the last derby! You do great work Lucky and I love this shirt design. It would be cool to collaborate with you sometime on an entry. PM me if your interested. Anyway, GMV.... again

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: King-ky...

Funny, but the hand on the bottom king is backwards. Or upside down. Not right, anyway.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri
Re: King Money

"Cash is King"
-- Author Unknown

"The business of America is business."
-- President Calvin Coolidge

pokethedeadkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokethedeadkat
Re: Tyrant Lizard King

I love this and would wear it constantly.

bhaalfreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhaalfreak
btomell wrote:I don't get why the pawns are purple. It seems like a odd color. I'd like it a lot more if the pawns were black or white.

They are tacks if I'm not mistaken.

One to be born from a dragon, hoisting the light and the dark, arises high up in the sky, to the still land. Veiling the moon with the light of eternity, it brings another promise to mother earth with a bounty and mercy.

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon

I'd have to agree with j5's original comment, that while Draxxx's work is always awesome, it is not always something I'd wear on a shirt but would probably use as a wallpaper on my computer. However, this shirt is definitely something I'd consider 'wearable' for me.

Obviously everyone has their own opinions on what is 'wearable'.

GMV

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
j5 wrote:It's a Native American burial mound.
The spirits are not pleased. :p

I really hope he doesn't have plans for a playhouse development.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
curiousme wrote:This made me smile. It's very cute!

Thank you very much!

GTAcrimelord

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GTAcrimelord
Re: Regicide

Great idea!

Day of Glory: 1/31/07 3:22pm cst
Random Brick of Carbonite (x3)

mojodragon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mojodragon
collinvh wrote:Thank you everyone for the great comments. This shirt wouldn't be a success without the help and feedback I got while designing in the pre-derby thread.

Here's a close up of the poor little black checkers.

Which one is your fav? I like the crying one best. The dreaded double jump!!!

Awesome job with it! GMV

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
Flew over the woods on my fast-flight mount,
And that has made all the difference.

asmadasrabbits

quality posts: 3 Private Messages asmadasrabbits
Re: Two Kings

I like the crown.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Royal Family

Cute

thekiid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thekiid
Re: Royally Screw'd

need this!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Regal Rainbow v.2

Of course I'm singing Regal Rainbow to the theme of Reading Rainbow....

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
kaisatsu wrote:Not-so-fun fact: They're doing bad enough in other areas that they're increasingly turning to land-based food sources, forcing them closer and closer to human settlements and thus leading to an increase in attacks on humans (ultimately leading to unfortunate deaths for the bears). Svalbard has seen a marked increase in tragic hman-bear incidents recently.

Almost hate to say this: Human>Bear

As not to ruin thread, another compliment! I like the warm "sunset" in the background contrasting with the pleasant cool colors you chose for the foreground. Excellent work on this design, though it touches on a very controversial subject.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
j5 wrote:I can tell you that Fantasy art, even by masters like Frazetta or Valejo has a limited audience and defined demographic of which I am no longer a member.

You really think that demographic is solely high school shop class? On this site alone you can find hundreds of geeky adults who love this stuff, much less everywhere else.

And I could care less if that sort of design has a limited audience, hell I think I prefer it that way. I wear something because *I* like it, not because I'm hoping everybody else that sees me will. And every rare once in a while when somebody tells me "Hey, awesome shirt, where you get that?" I know we have at least a little bit of similar taste.

I really don't see how asking people not to tattle, or hoping they don't en masse is going to help at all. Woot has no doubt already seen the issue and are going (or not going) to reject it on copywrite grounds regardless of how many people tattle on the forum. You may have a point about it being subtle and not immediately noticed by the rejectionator but all it takes is one person pointing it out.

Woot doesn't reject things I'll bet because people complain or tattle alot, it's based on breaking the rules, risk of getting woot sued, or just good old fashioned random chance and bias. ;)

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
grrlmarvel wrote:GET. IN. THE. FOG! Love this! WANT THIS!
Gothic-y? Check Cat? Check.... GMV.

LOL thanks for the comment! Right now it looks like my time in the fog was short. Mondays, what can you do? =]

jasneko

Re: The Princess and the Menagerie

Ha, that turtle is hilarious. As is the idea, and the group of hopefuls are adorable.

jasneko

Re: Royal Jelly
lkackman wrote:Looks Great! Keep it up!

Much thanks lkackman!

lucky1988 wrote:Adorable! Love the baby jam character.

Thank you lucky! King jelly isn't as sure...

Spiritgreen wrote:Really beautiful work, jas'. I'm shocked this isn't higher.

Thanks very much Spirit. I think I spent more concentrated time and effort (trying to get jelly textures/working with the colors) on this design than I have in a while, so it's a bit disappointing it's so low. But the nice comments in here are encouraging

lonelypond wrote:excellent colors

Glad to hear it lonelypond... the colors went through a lot of experimentation!

cdrewlow wrote:Cute! And great fun fact!

Thanks cdrewlow! With regards to the fun fact... that may explain the strawberry jelly king's expression as he looks over at the royal baby...

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
Re: Crest Fallen

Cool design! +1

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Mavyn wrote:Funny, but the hand on the bottom king is backwards. Or upside down. Not right, anyway.

The hans is in the correct orrientation, but my drawing skills may not have been up to the task. That hand is supposed to show the palm facing out (as if to push away) with the wrist turned back and the thumb down.

Thanks for taking the time to critique it, feedback always helps!

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

polkadotpanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polkadotpanda
Re: Queen of the Sea

The design looks great, except for one thing. The fact that her chest is a complete profile is throwing me off. It just looks unnatural with the way the arms are placed and her head turned at a 90 degree angle.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluetuba wrote:You really think that demographic is solely high school shop class? On this site alone you can find hundreds of geeky adults who love this stuff, much less everywhere else.

No I really don't, that was hyperbole. I couldn't find an emoticon for that though.

And I could care less if that sort of design has a limited audience, hell I think I prefer it that way.

Considering these are for a derby, hence a popularity contest, I think it matters.
Dailies on the other hand...

I wear something because *I* like it, not because I'm hoping everybody else that sees me will. And every rare once in a while when somebody tells me "Hey, awesome shirt, where you get that?" I know we have at least a little bit of similar taste.

Again, I am out of the demographic for fantasy art, but I would absolutely tell you what a cool shirt you have on if I saw you wearing it. ;)
(now if you were sporting a side-placement swirlygig, however...)

I really don't see how asking people not to tattle, or hoping they don't en masse is going to help at all.

It doesn't any more than me shouting at the characters on TV, or complaining at the news, etc. yet I do it anyway.

move along

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x
BootsBoots wrote:King of YOU!

Boots, what was your idea going in here? I like the design, but I'm uncertain exactly of its intended message. Childhood imagination? King of the world? King of some space planet? Soo many interpretations....

I'm totally smiling wide becuz "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka (the real one) is now playing in my head. YouTube here I come!

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

Wizzr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wizzr
ochopika wrote:i love it, dunno why it doesn't have more votes. Maybe some people don't like the cream color shirt because it is the same color as they are, but then that's kinda the point with this design isn't it?

Exactly, I choose the color that precise reason. I'd hope the color wasn't the cause for low votes, but it might very well be.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
polkadotpanda wrote:The design looks great, except for one thing. The fact that her chest is a complete profile is throwing me off. It just looks unnatural with the way the arms are placed and her head turned at a 90 degree angle.

It didn't quite translate well. I think the whole pose could be tightened up overall, but I get what you're saying. I think I was working so close to it that it started looking right to me. If that makes sense. I think this will go in the rework pile.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

yates0269

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yates0269
Re: Triumph

I like this shirt. I would wear this one! GMV

jamsox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamsox
Re: Fallen Royalty

Very cool, something worth wearing!

britdude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages britdude
Re: off with his scoop!

I like it. Very creative...and gory

mnkybot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnkybot
Re: Royal Pain in the

I dedicate this design to my mom, who has never once called me a "Royal Pain in the Donkey." She's a nice mom.

Despite the questionable eating habits of the subject, no donkeys were harmed in the making of this graphic.