SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
asmadasrabbits wrote:I like the crown.

Thank you

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Every castle needs a dragon

Very cute and honestly, much more along the lines of what I personally had hoped to see from the artists this derby! I have been so disappointed.

Thank you for posting.

Plus one for romance , fantasy and mystery.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
ochopika wrote:Anyone else have that Nirvana song stuck in your head now?

Yep
Love the red shirt for this!! The shadows of the tea set in the background are perfect too.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Making Money

Thank you very much for your comments guys. You are quite literally too kind. -_^

gryphoncreation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncreation
SnowQueenVT wrote:Very cute and honestly, much more along the lines of what I personally had hoped to see from the artists this derby! I have been so disappointed.

Thank you for posting.

Plus one for romance , fantasy and mystery.

thank you! it was a fun design to do, and the baby dragon was interesting to put together. I like precarious bridges too...

thelostprophetx0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelostprophetx0
SnowQueenVT wrote:I like it!
Nice and clean looking, fun for summer!!

thank you!!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
SnowQueenVT wrote:I like the face on the Kingpin!

Thanks!

I couldn't think of any good ideas this derby. I eventually came up with these little guys and there's some more stuff that I'd probably do. Fix lines, add texture, things of the like.
But I figured it's already a late entry and I just do this for fun, or I should say instead of doing my work :P.
So I submitted it as is.
Well, back to work work.

:D,
Stinko-Man

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
CVBrennan wrote:bapezold, i was just about to say this reminds me of The Labyrinth but with more of a Tim Burton style.

Both the Labyrinth and Tim Burton are big influences on my artistic aesthetic, and I won't lie that the Goblin King was the first thing I thought of when I heard the theme. I'm not surprised that comes through in the design, although it wasn't intended to be a direct reference;)

PixelPants wrote:You seem to be bringing an extra level of refinement to recent designs truffle, and it's great to see your intriguingly creepy designs getting such support.

Thanks!! I feel like since I began entering the derby, I've picked up some new execution-based tricks that other artists use and i've also realized what it is that makes me view other designs as successful or not. It feels like that's helping me to improve, and I'm glad you think so too!

SnowQueenVT wrote:This Queen character is super.I like it when you add humans to your designs, it sort of melds the fabulous fantasy characters that you are so famous for with the world we recognize as reality, together the images are fantastic and easy to comprehend at a glance, because the human element gives us something to instantly recognize.

Thank you too SnowQueen! That's really great feedback!! I'll definitely keep it in mind for future compositions

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Loyal Followers

Thanks Walmazan, Kevlar, nsomniotic and skekTek. I am glad you all enjoy the design

I am unfamiliar with Phil Foglio's work, but he sounds like a cool guy so far

aethera21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aethera21

Adorable, and the placement is fantastic. I agree with calls for a larger detail picture though.

asmadasrabbits

quality posts: 3 Private Messages asmadasrabbits
Re: Crest Fallen

His front legs are so short. It bugs me.

Astronomer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Astronomer
collinvh wrote:Cute idea but no next this week.

Wow. You guys are really enforcing the rules to the T.

papercaged

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papercaged
joemail11 wrote:Almost hate to say this: Human>Bear

It's thoughts like this that are deteriorating our environment.

I love this shirt and it's one of the few from this Derby that I would actually wear. +1

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Regicide

Hello awesome shirt design. I will buy you in the coming days. You will rest proudly on my manly chest and bulging, ripped arms, some would call pythons.

Well, at least I might get the shirt.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: King Me!

Thank you SnowQueenVT, novastarj, midgerock, yates0269, jmmbell1987, lucky1988 & burnapaperzach for the "King Me" comments.

As the derby winds down it is sad to see my entry drop. I'm really praying for a last minute push to get me in or closer to the fog. I'm proud of this design and personally I think it is my best/most wearable Shirt.Woot design yet.

If you dig the shirt PLEASE Throw a "King Me!" on my design… I could really use some more checkers atop this entry.

Thank you everyone for your comments, votes and support.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
joemail11 wrote:Almost hate to say this: Human>Bear

Lies! Have you seen bears? They are definitely >human. Except maybe Koalas. Those guys are tiny.

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52468]That's NOT what

Wow you have no idea how many times I heard that in Chess club

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
studio1172 wrote:Hello awesome shirt design. I will buy you in the coming days. You will rest proudly on my manly chest and bulging, ripped arms, some would call pythons.

Well, at least I might get the shirt.

Wow! Photo please!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x
Re: The Princess and the Menagerie

Those "well-known" Princesses always have stalkers. Or, eh, erhmm, "admirers."

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Making Money

Love the fresh look of the mint leaf - he's a real cutie! Clever idea and take Spiritgreen: )

Vote!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Tiara

Thank you for the comments!

celia1, I went on a trip shortly after I posted so all I could see the entry on was my iPad so I didn't know what you were talking about. I can see it now.

backliteyes, thank you, that is what I was going for.

lrgillilanmartin, it is cranberry.

heartflux, and they are worth it!!!

ThunderThighs, seconded. If I had been home I might have been tempted to rename to Boob Tiara.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: Queen for a day (re-sub)

sir you a genius and have my complely support :D

flatlimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flatlimp
robotsari wrote:I _love_ your characters. They are really cute and full of personality. However it seems like the crowns were an afterthought, they somehow don't match the artistic style of the creatures. Unfortunately that sort of spoils the design for me. However, I'll reiterate that I'm impressed with the characters - I love them!

Thank you. And you are right, i probably should have spent a little more time on the crowns . Thanks

-There's my Chippy

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Fallen Royalty

I can't help but hear sound effects when I look at this. Brilliant design. GMV.

:^)

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero

Wow great job on the resub.

I didn't vote for the first one but this is definitely a

+Uno

gaia18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaia18
Re: Demon Queen

I love this design. It has a "Labyrinth"/"Beetle Juice" feel to it with your own amazing twist. Very cool. You've got my vote.

chibisabbath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibisabbath

Isn't this against the rules? No pop culture? And this is very clearly based on The Frog Prince story...

dannidoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannidoll

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback!

dannidoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannidoll

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback!

bookmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bookmet
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52558]Royal

Oh well... guess it doesn't matter that I used the line tool and not the text tool, eh?

renouxa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renouxa
Re: off with his scoop!

Roger...I think I love you.

Dexter92283

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dexter92283
Re: Crest Fallen

Excellent entry! It would have fit well with the contrasting colors derby a few months back.

deeelite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deeelite
Re: Demon Queen

i wouldn't even think twice about buying this if it made the top 3. but if it doesn't, i strongly hope it gets printed elsewhere. it's one *amazing* design.

vaprrenon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaprrenon
Re: Tyrant Lizard King

Oh dear God Want! XD

Carolyn Severs

vaprrenon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaprrenon
Re: The Fisher King

As a wildlife biologist, I must have this. :D

Carolyn Severs

viridianvixen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viridianvixen
Runabear wrote:/love

The concept and execution are wonderful.

Great design!

I would like to see "The Heart of a Queen", a pawn waiting to be promoted to a queen.

Regardless,

++

bughouseloco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bughouseloco
rogerrogerroger wrote:i dont appreciate this intolerant conformist propaganda being spewed on my post.

everyone is different. its what makes us beautiful.

HA! rawdog, you so crazay

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: Two Queens

This will be a derby im just voting for shirts id like to see worn on girls. Im not seeing much for me, but i love this art. GJ!

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
bookmet wrote:Oh well... guess it doesn't matter that I used the line tool and not the text tool, eh?

Letters are text. It's not about what you use to make them.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
chumpmagic wrote:Thanks Walmazan, Kevlar, nsomniotic and skekTek. I am glad you all enjoy the design

I am unfamiliar with Phil Foglio's work, but he sounds like a cool guy so far

He did an awesome comic back in the '80s that was D&D themed called What's New? with the cutest baby dragon "Growf", and has since done the art for the Myth Inc. books by Robert Asprin and other stuff... it's the smile and the jester that look Foglio-ish. Plus the sick sense of humor

This design should be doing better, IMO...