thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
arrrrgh wrote:Shouldn't the coffee and donut be partners? They should be attacking a bran muffin and a glass of soy milk.

That's the sequel. The first one has to set them up as enemies so they have great material for their witty banter in the later shirts.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Inspired by Stuffed Dragon

I think she did a really good job on this. The dragon is really cute!

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
Re: Inspired by It's a Trap!

I examined the scythe issue. To me, it looks obvious that he is hiding it behind his back. That being said, I think his pose could have been adjusted to illustrate this a bit better. What if, the hand hiding it was his left hand so it was closer to the viewer and the other hand was holding the candy? I think that would alleviate this issue. Because it's obstructed by his body and other arm, it sort of confuses.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Inspired by It's a Trap!

I can see that the reaper has his other arm behind his back and is holding the weapon that way, so as to hide it from the little kid.
As a straight piece of artwork I think it is pretty interesting in a horrifying way, like something you would see in a comic book just before the super hero swoops in.It does tell a scary and horrible story, but I really like the artwork on the reaper, especially his hand and his reaper cloak.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

earballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earballs

Amazing details there. Very inspiring skills.

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
Re: Inspired By (Awkward Silence)

Really funny stuff, it made laugh out loud! I like your humor.

~Tico

earballs

Re: Inspired by ABLAZE

I will buy this if it prints. Then I will reverse engineer it for the formula to your secret sauce! muahhah!

thatrobert

Re: Inspired by Thin Red Lines

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • An ice cream van shuts off it's tinsel bells; winter won't be long.

thatrobert

Re: Inspired by

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.

thatrobert

Re: Inspired by Death Drinks A Mai Tai resub

• This is not SPAM.

earballs

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52581]inspired by

Perfect. Too bad I look terribad in green. =(

The glove on the bomb reminds me of my favorite character in Team Fortress 2. This makes the nerd value sky rocket in my book.

earballs

Re: Inspired by Loved by the Sea

My wife do wants. That is not a typo or poor english. DO WANT! she says.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
SnowQueenVT wrote:This is so cheerful, nice and clean and fresh looking too.My kids love it and so do I!

Thank you for your kind words!

studio1172

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52647]Inspired by

I wish my toaster would toast bread that looked like a ninja. GE you better get on that!

studio1172

Re: Inspired by: Error-Cuteness Overflow

Doomcat, I love your style so much that I am going to steal it. That's right, steal it. ;) So look out for that. Also, awesome design as always.

theseattlegirl00

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theseattlegirl00
Re: Inspired by Art Season

I love this and I *love* the pink. The shade is beautiful! Sometimes it's nice to have a more feminine-oriented shirt, since so many are mainly masculine-oriented.

The boys may paranoid android, but this thing is a beauty and deserves to win for its own merits!

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Inspired by Rock Paper Scissors

I was mildly surprised to see this coming from Ramyb, good job. Much better than the penguin re-hash. There's alot of Rock-paper-scissors concepts around, but imo this does a fine job being different from any that I've seen. I like the expressions you have conveyed here, it makes me wish you gave your animal shirts more interesting expressions, as I see now that you have the ability.

My favorite is the rock covered by paper - as someone said above "How, exactly, does this work here?"

But yeah, it would have been nice to see the paper's "haha I got you" eyes better.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle

I don't quite know what is going on here, but that character on the left is super awesome. You have my vote sir!

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
dooomcat wrote:Clever idea! Don't really understand the placement at all (but I just really like things centered.)

Yeah, the placement was rather arbitrary. I notice everyone seems to like placing objects heart side, so I tried the opposite. No real reason. I'm glad it doesn't turn you off so much that you didn't vote. :-)

shaunesay wrote:Me too, I would love this one if it was bigger and centered. I have a hard time with the offcentered ones... *squares up stuff on desk*

As for this... hopefully I got your vote in spite of the preference. :-)

imsochady wrote:This is brilliant!!! At first, I was looking for the 'Rock' part, and then I saw the geeeetar! Hahaha, awesome!!!

I'm just glad the guitar translates. I was worried it wouldn't be obvious.

underblueskies wrote:I looked up the shirt that was the inspiration for this one and it was really hilarious (http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=14707). Makes me love this shirt even more. The paper dragon is adorable and I sure do hope he breathes red and orange confetti. ^_^

I really really want to do another one for print or something with a confetti breathing one. I think it'd be very neat.

rafff023 wrote:this is great, if it doesnt get printed can i get it anyway?

I'll be sure to let you know... but I've never been in the fog this long... maybe it'll make it.

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes

Wow... I absolutely adore this... if for some reason it doesn't make it to shirtdom... I'd love to buy a print of it from you.

pharmacide

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pharmacide

A Rorschach design with hidden forest creatures. Can you find them all?

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
DJTweekNYC wrote:I examined the scythe issue. To me, it looks obvious that he is hiding it behind his back. That being said, I think his pose could have been adjusted to illustrate this a bit better. What if, the hand hiding it was his left hand so it was closer to the viewer and the other hand was holding the candy? I think that would alleviate this issue. Because it's obstructed by his body and other arm, it sort of confuses.

If that's what it's supposed to be, I just don't see it. The angle of his arm would be way too weird and it doesn't address the missing piece. It just doesn't look right to me.

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Re: Inspired by Rock Paper Scissors

the only problem I have with this is that the paper looks more like its falling behind the rock rather than covering it. Otherwise, love the expressions

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Re: Inspired by It Came Out of Nowhere

the brown gas is really what's throwing me off. the bird trying to ninja his air/gas/septic? line is hilarious

NYCtShirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NYCtShirt
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52741]Inspired by

Thanks for taking the time to vote!

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
gryphoncreation wrote:I know its spring and you have allergies, or perhaps it's that blasted winter cold that just won't go away, but I'd like to take this opportunity to say...
"PLEASE COVER YOUR SNEEZE"

Um, I think you misspelled your own name there in the shirt preview. I only bring it up on the chance you've set up a template for future submissions.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
neeznoodle wrote:This is my 11-year-old daughter's interpretation of the title "Stuffed Dragon." This is a stuffed toy dragon looking longingly at the flame he will never be able to create himself.

Thats a very deep concept and I agree that the drawing is super cute! Great Job!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo

Beautiful.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

theseattlegirl00 wrote:I love this and I *love* the pink. The shade is beautiful! Sometimes it's nice to have a more feminine-oriented shirt, since so many are mainly masculine-oriented.

The boys may paranoid android, but this thing is a beauty and deserves to win for its own merits!

Well I always say: real men wear pink.

scynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scynn
Re: Inspired By Mission Pigpossible

Nope, it's not possible

zaynne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaynne
Re: Inspired by In the World Of Black and White

I like noir stuff, this is very cool. Really hope you win.

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph

GMV. Wearable and very enjoyable to look at.

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
VonMonkey wrote:And here's the alternate treasure map version (click to see all the detail bigger)

One more gargleblaster I need this as a poster on my wall! =O

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Inspired by Acquired Taste

aww shucks ... thanks guys!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Based on Walking Through The Forest Ver2

Love these colors! GMV.

laggyg

laggyg wrote:One more gargleblaster I need this as a poster on my wall! =O

I guess that will teach me to use the "O" then "M" then "G" abbreviation huh...that's great. But what's a "gargleblaster" exactly? And are there other funny abbreviation switches?

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Inspired by Summer

Two colors on olive complete with a sunhat Hope you like it.

laggyg

ochopika wrote:Thank you for your vote even though you don't like pink I was thinking cherry blossoms and spring for this design, and I did realize that pink wouldn't be for everyone. I don't wear pink unless its totally epic pink.

Just because I'm not particularly fond of pink doesn't mean I can deny the charm of this design! Of course I'd still vote for it! =) And now that you mention the cherry blossoms as inspiration it makes perfect sense to me as a color choice...still don't like it =P haha but I appreciate the artistic direction much more now knowing it wasn't just a random and/or "girlie" choice for the hell of it.

ochopika wrote:Well I always say: real men wear pink.

Guess that's your way of telling me it's time to man up, huh? haha =P

I might get my arm twisted if this one goes to print (which I hope it does!)

laggyg

theseattlegirl00 wrote:The boys may paranoid android, but this thing is a beauty and deserves to win for its own merits!

Hence why I still voted for it even though I probably wouldn't wear it...I didn't see anyone "paranoid androiding" (funny how the real word shows up when you try to quote it lol) but for the record I was not trying to be a jerk or anything, just saying I didn't like pink. IMHO this would be a design in the fog if some of the other guys could get over their pinkphobia and vote on design alone (like I did) though...