ralicag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralicag
Re: We Rule The Air

I really like the play with the dimensions as well as the the Joke in the concept in "We Rule The Air". This is my tribute to the original. : ) I hope you like it!

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Inspired by Dramatic Jackalope

Let's try this again...

Inspired by Dramatic Jackalope

Here's the larger version

By the by, it's bothersome when you get axed for using the colors listed ON the submission page. Either they need to be removed or altered... just sayin'

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
laggyg wrote:Guess that's your way of telling me it's time to man up, huh? haha =P

I might get my arm twisted if this one goes to print (which I hope it does!)

well shucks, thanks! I hope it prints too, but I'm just glad that people like it. I'll get a print one of these days.

I'll make sure that whatever is printed has lots of pink in it for you

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Based on Walking Through The Forest Ver2

Love the colors (even the blue green of the shirt!) and stripe design of this shirt. Wish it were getting more votes!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
laggyg wrote:I guess that will teach me to use the "O" then "M" then "G" abbreviation huh...that's great. But what's a "gargleblaster" exactly? And are there other funny abbreviation switches?

it's a drink. Google "pan galactic gargleblaster".

move along

thewayisshut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewayisshut
dwnmoser wrote:Horse bone structure is horse bone structure. If Naolito had changed it up, people would be talking about how the anatomy is all wrong and blah blah blah. Sure the pose is similar, but it's a standing horse. They only stand so many ways.

I think the iffier part is how similar the x-ray style is to the hobby horse one, but being that that entire context of the joke/subject matter is different, I would hope this gets a pass.

Not the shape of the bones, but the pose. I just find it... cheap that it's exactly the same as the picture I posed. The legs are in the same place, the head's in the same place, the tail... There are many ways to draw a horse skeleton, if one is creative. I see no creativity here. Furthermore, he didn't have to use a skeleton for his joke...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

JadenKale wrote:

By the by, it's bothersome when you get axed for using the colors listed ON the submission page. Either they need to be removed or altered... just sayin'

Are you using the colors from the PSD or Illustrator files? I can't find colors that match either of the ones you've submitted. Can you point me to where you're getting these, what program you're using, etc.? The first color I show as a Warm Grey and this one comes up as much redder than our standard brown:

JadenKale

tgentry wrote:Are you using the colors from the PSD or Illustrator files? I can't find colors that match either of the ones you've submitted. Can you point me to where you're getting these, what program you're using, etc.? The first color I show as a Warm Grey and this one comes up as much redder than our standard brown.

There's a pantone color selection on the submission page. If you click on the "What's This?" section under the file upload line for the 240x240, this is what's written for brown: Brown / Pantone 7519

(I use Adobe Photoshop CS5)

And I partially blame the fact that I was really sick the last two days, and I tried to lay it out by being quick, instead of just using one of my layouts I already had colored. I did a quick color drop-in, thought it looked weird, checked the pantone listed, shrugged my shoulders and uploaded.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

JadenKale wrote:There's a pantone color selection on the submission page. If you click on the "What's This?" section under each file upload line, this is what's written for brown: Brown / Pantone 7519

(I use Adobe Photoshop CS5)

And I partially blame the fact that I was really sick the last two days, and I tried to lay it out by being quick, instead of just using one of my layouts I already had colored. I did a quick color drop-in, thought it looked weird, checked the pantone listed, shrugged my shoulders and uploaded.

Ah, that's weird. The brown swatch is the right color but the Pantone code listed is way off. Yeah, don't go by that. I'll see if I can get that corrected tomorrow. You're best bet is to pull straight from the PS file.

JadenKale

tgentry wrote:Ah, that's weird. The brown swatch is the right color but the Pantone code listed is way off. Yeah, don't go by that. I'll see if I can get that corrected tomorrow. You're best bet is to pull straight from the PS file.

so I need to pull this again... *sigh*

earballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earballs
SnowQueenVT wrote:The asphalt works great with your your toaster.( I liked it both ways.Very creative idea .)

Thanks so much SnowQueen. =)

I notice I didn't get very many votes, does anyone have any tips for a first timer?

evaunit35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evaunit35
Re: inspired by you'll catch your death

Love the design. The smile on Death's face is brilliant. Nice touch.

JadenKale

Re: Inspired by Dramatic Jackalope

Last try, I swear... because if it's not right now, I'm quitting while I'm ahead.

Inspired by Dramatic Jackalope

Here's the larger version

Please, if you voted for it before, please vote for it again.

queenofgeeks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queenofgeeks
Re: Inspired by I Still Will Not Eat Them

D'aaaaw. I find this shirt utterly adorable! Not sure what that says about me, but I'd buy this and that's what counts.

I really like the color choices and they way they'd POP against the black t-shirt.

GEEK IS CHICK

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Inspired by King of the Beasts

This sort of proves you have chops. Good work.

jagendorf

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jagendorf

After watching the top designs dropping in and out of the fog I think its safe to say that inspired by "You'll Catch Your Death", Inspired by King of the Beasts, and Inspired By Nothing Wasted are the top 3 contenders. Inspired By The Dandy Lion had to resub but quickly made it back to the fog, so its got a good chance as well. Inspired by Flora and Phonograph may also have a chance but im sticking with my first three picks.

Bilyum it up all day long!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Inspired by Loved by the Sea

Thanks everyone!! Glad people are liking the royal blue and the little whale hugged and loved by the sea:D

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Based on Walking Through The Forest Ver2

Really nice grrlmarvel! Love the mighty-tailed high stepping fox and the trees are charming.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

Spectacular use of the shirt! I really want this one as well!

candygrand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candygrand
Re: Inspired by Against The Sky

Definitely hopes this makes it so that I can get one! I better be early so I can get one before they sell out!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

You are just in another realm, for serious.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
maverik1390 wrote:You are definitely one of my top 10 favorite artists on here, I hope this gets a surge of votes and makes it to the fog.

Thanks maverik1390! That's very kind of you.

JadenKale

This must be printed!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Really nice, CMDixon! This image kind of has dualing imagery and emotion: bold and soft, topsy-turvy and peaceful. Wonderful work, as always .

sethbxc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sethbxc
Re: Inspired by ABLAZE

Love the coloring, in for one if it prints.

chuuie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chuuie
Re: Inspired By Bats!

This is so charming... I love the little teensy pilot cap! I know a girl who calls bats "mouse angels"... this really makes me smile :D

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

All things considered(wearability, use of the shirt as a canvas, Edgar's general awesomeness), this is Edgar's best design since "Air", I think.

lovettmann

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lovettmann

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach
SnowQueenVT wrote:He's very cool! He's metrognome!

haha yep, thanks!

bonezz322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
Re: Inspired by Dead Man's Chest

Thanks for looking at our design!

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: Inspired By (Rock, Paper, Dragon)

Oh noes! Out of the fog. :-(

lonelypond

quality posts: 405 Private Messages lonelypond

colourcraze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colourcraze
Re: Inspired by (Nature's Harmony)

Correct me if I'm wrong -- but flats don't just go on the staff like that. They have to be modifying a note.

braverun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages braverun

This is really creative. You have my vote.

colourcraze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colourcraze
Re: Inspired by: The Devil is in the Details

wow this looks fantastic! really different than your other stuff that I've seen. you're a great artist!

gnomegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnomegirl
Re: inspired by deep blue space

I heart this.

magicmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicmo
Re: Inspired by Rock Paper Scissors

Would LOVE it if the rock had the same emotions as paper...THAT would say something about the power of paper. No matter what Kramer and Mickey had to say.

gnomegirl

Re: inspired by Coffee Liquid Heroism

Viking coffee vs ninja donut would be a win. Though, the shirt is already a win for me. I'm also gluten intolerant and a near-daily coffee drinker, so I lol'd. Nice!

gnomegirl

lonelypond

quality posts: 405 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Inspired By Error Cuteness Overflow

shiny; joining the yeah green voices as well.