kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: Cornered!

cool. I dig your work more and more everyweek!

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
Re: self serve drive in

nice concept - but i think you might have too many colors- if not good luck

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Forbidden Future

i worked on the four futurama feature dvd's that came out a while ago and a lot of my co workers worked on the original series...i would love to have this shirt to show off to them. I love how you rendered bender (hehe that rhymed) and of course leela is as hot as ever. nice job you two! this better print or ill throw a fit, you hear me wooters?

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax

AMAZING!!! +2.......oh wait...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 222 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Brilliant work! :^)

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

blinddog3d wrote:Well, I believe you found a clever way to bring what you love to table. Very "topic worthy," and really well done!

Nice combination...
BlindDog3D

Thank you! I am trying to exercise my brain with my designs. Thanks to everyone else who's voted and said such nice things as well!

ochopika

Staff

futurama is one of my favorites

nice job!

ochopika

Staff

Re: Silver Screen Scarlet

Yay! I knew you made this one, I recognized the nice colors and sharp design skillz.

The only thing I might suggest is to somehow make the design even less contained in the rectangle of the filmstrip. Maybe you could have the actress' face where it is now, but then make her body more organic and integrated with the shirt color.

Of course the design is still great, don't mind me if you don't want to change it.

Wizzr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wizzr

A Mouse Movies Classic!

Re: The MalCheese Falcon

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
ochopika wrote:Yay! I knew you made this one, I recognized the nice colors and sharp design skillz.

The only thing I might suggest is to somehow make the design even less contained in the rectangle of the filmstrip. Maybe you could have the actress' face where it is now, but then make her body more organic and integrated with the shirt color.

Of course the design is still great, don't mind me if you don't want to change it.

LOL. No feel free to suggest things. I struggled with how contained it was myself. I wanted to do something to make it flow a bit better, but nothing seemed to work.

I may try a few things. I'm never done with my designs. Constantly moving target and all.

ochopika

Staff

Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

Its very nice, but is the text there incidental enough?
Not to be a a negative nancy, hope it does well!

grrlmarvel

Re: Breaking News!

Yes. Please. Very wearable. Simplistic in a great way. Reminds me of the RKO Tower. And I'm a sucker for tentacles. GMV.

grrlmarvel

A match made in the stars... ok enough with the cheese. Great team up. Forbidden Planet is one of my FAVS and so is Futurama.

And it's a great illustration. Maybe you guys can do prints too... I'd be down for that.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh

WOW! It's like the dream team! +1

ainecful

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ainecful
Re: Silver Screen Scarlet

Great job!

One question.... Was Robina Redmond (Doctor Who, season 4, episode 'The Unicorn and the Wasp') your inspiration??

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/hughesgold/Felicity/2008/188aca971b47nz8.jpg
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12700000/Felicity-Photos-felicity-jones-12757358-124-178.jpg

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5

How is a design based on a contemporary cartoon on theme?

Looks great, but this just doesn't mesh with the theme. As always though, the rejectionator won't be worried about silly things like theme.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Soak the Witch!

Un-Balls!

kinkajou1015

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kinkajou1015
Re: All's quiet on the Western front

I love the design of the shirt, but with nothing holding up the saddle it's a deal breaker, sorry.

grrlmarvel

ainecful wrote:Great job!

One question.... Was Robina Redmond (Doctor Who, season 4, episode 'The Unicorn and the Wasp') your inspiration??

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/hughesgold/Felicity/2008/188aca971b47nz8.jpg
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12700000/Felicity-Photos-felicity-jones-12757358-124-178.jpg

It was a random girl, but I'm a huge Who fan so I'm guessing a bit subconsciously it came through. ;)

ochopika

Staff

grrlmarvel wrote:Yes. Please. Very wearable. Simplistic in a great way. Reminds me of the RKO Tower. And I'm a sucker for tentacles. GMV.

Hahaha tentacles often have suckers on them so that is funny to me.

Thank you much

grrlmarvel

Re: Kabam!

This is dead on to those old cartoons and the feel of it. It's also another fantastically wearable design from you. Nice one, yet again Boots!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Soak the Witch!

This looks great man. Love the FPS perspective on the water gun.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

I love your line work!!! This shirt meets my voting criteria "I'd Want One" great job Lucky!

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: Ten Million Stories

Lines: Drakxxx

Colors (or lack there of) and tweaks: CrescentDebris

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 147 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Johndis5 wrote:How is a design based on a contemporary cartoon on theme?

Looks great, but this just doesn't mesh with the theme. As always though, the rejectionator won't be worried about silly things like theme.

My friend was wondering about that too but I believe this picture is parodying The Creature From the Black Lagoon poster(1954). So I think that'd make it on topic.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
DianaSprinkle wrote:My friend was wondering about that too but this picture is based on The Creature From the Black Lagoon poster(1954). So I think that'd make it on theme.

Close! As Grrrlmarvel pointed out, it's Forbidden Planet.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 147 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
rglee129 wrote:Close! As Grrrlmarvel pointed out, it's Forbidden Planet.

LOL I thought there was a robot version of the pose I was missing, I just couldn't remember the title for the movie. =D

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg

WANT WANT WANT! =D
For some reason it made me think of the Sim City 2000 alien that would occasionally attack you...even though that ship had more arm-like-grabby-apendages than tentacles...

bandit55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandit55
Re: Monster Movie

Really great job recreating these characters!

ochopika

Staff

laggyg wrote:WANT WANT WANT! =D
For some reason it made me think of the Sim City 2000 alien that would occasionally attack you...even though that ship had more arm-like-grabby-apendages than tentacles...

Oh my! Yes the body is quite similar. My first few sketches looked like a tootsie-roll pop with arms, so mine may have been lollipop-inspired.

ShayAnne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShayAnne
Re: Swashbuckler Island

In a way... I really wish this was on a sepia toned shirt instead of the silvery. I know it wouldn't really fit the theme, but I think it would make it pop far better if on a tan/cream shirt.

Just my two cents. But either way... I'm totally going to buy this shirt if it places.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Re: The Good Old Days

Reminds me of "Bumbi's Mom" from Animaniacs.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Tahoe85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tahoe85
Re: Screen Machine

LOVE it!

thegambler311

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegambler311

But where is the Futurama parody? As of right now I just see two copyrighted characters (from a litigious creator) drawn in a different style.

Woot's rolling the dice if it allows this one, and would make me wonder why they ever make rules with threats.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

While I typically cringe at the "mashups" on the other T sites, this is inspired!
And Forbidden planet is 100% on theme, paranoid androids!
I weep for the future of this entry.

move along

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 222 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Mooring

It would be easy to mistake this for a simple sketch on paper but it looks epicly good on the shirt.

Sweet design indeed!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Ten Million Stories

YAY! I was hoping to see something like this done well! :-D

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I love love love Robbie-Kasey collabs, but honestly I'd like this alot better without the Futurama reference. And it's not that I don't like Futurama either, because I do.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
thegambler311 wrote:But where is the Futurama parody? As of right now I just see two copyrighted characters (from a litigious creator) drawn in a different style.

Woot's rolling the dice if it allows this one, and would make me wonder why they ever make rules with threats.

Actually, the characters look quite a bit different from the official Futurama designs, so it should be fine. The characters you see on the shirt are inspired by the real ones, but their looks are very different.

Copyright comes into play when you use the real designs themselves, or do not make significant changes to the designs. The robot and woman are in a completely different style from the cartoon. It actually took me a moment to figure out the reference. At first I was like "Whuu, the girl looks like she only has one eye! Wait a second....I see what you did there..." :P

To me, this is a very good example of parody. I could be wrong, but I see nothing at all that would mark this for rejection. TGentry did a great Family Guy reference sometime back that was a good parody. The character reference was recognizable, but it wasn't the exact character.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

this is so good and I love the colors too!