roofoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roofoo
Re: The Mooring

Not digging the vertical lines, I think it would look better without them.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
roofoo wrote:What's the red thing in his hand supposed to be?

ping pong paddle.

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn
Re: Damn this City!

Superb! As someone else said, love the charcoal/pastel look of the work.

renouxa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renouxa
Re: Map and Compass

I really like this! Good idea and appropriately parodied I think. You know what movie it is without being a direct copy of it.

I don't know the details; is this still in Woot's printable area? I'd hate to see it bumped for a technicality like that.

One personal observation: the truncating of the splatter behind the guy is a little unfortunate. Maybe making the graphic smaller so the spray can fade out on the edges naturally would work? That, or moving the spray over so there aren't those cut lines. Just something to keep in mind for your next submission!

roofoo

Re: happiness

I'm probably like the only person who doesn't get this.

roofoo

Re: Forbidden Future

This could never happen. Leela can take care of herself! She'd probably be the one carrying Bender to safety. lol

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Zagazoo wrote:Thanks! I'm not exactly sure. I really hope so, I've seen others in the past using a good amount of the shirt but I don't really know.

That's why you download the shirt template and work from that. Keeps the rejectionator burden down.

move along

j5

renouxa wrote:I really like this! Good idea and appropriately parodied I think. You know what movie it is without being a direct copy of it.

I'd be interested to know why Blinddog3D's Seven Samurrabbits was rejected and this has not, since both can be considered direct scenes from the movie. Granted Bruno's was closer to the original on a detail level due to his efforts, but replacing the heads with rabbit heads is just as much parody as "stylizing" the scene, I think.
Not looking for a rejection here since I think this is a great first derby entry, just interested in the applied logic.

move along

roofoo

Re: We do the dirty work. V2

Cool silhouettes, I really like the atmosphere of this one!

Zagazoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zagazoo
j5 wrote:That's why you download the shirt template and work from that. Keeps the rejectionator burden down.

I used the template but maybe my scaling is off, really hope it doesn't get rejected.

roofoo

Re: Whisper

Yes, this design is hurting my brain just trying to figure out what I'm looking at. :P

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
Re: It Came From the Future!

Yes this is a pun I have been waiting years to see! Good job my friend good job.

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
j5 wrote:I'd be interested to know why Blinddog3D's Seven Samurrabbits was rejected and this has not, since both can be considered direct scenes from the movie. Granted Bruno's was closer to the original on a detail level due to his efforts, but replacing the heads with rabbit heads is just as much parody as "stylizing" the scene, I think.
Not looking for a rejection here since I think this is a great first derby entry, just interested in the applied logic.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

I have a feeling the rejectionator is just a way of keeping the lawyers away. The seven samurabbits, even though done by hand in amazing detail, was still basically a recreation of an existing image which is owned by kurasawa's estate. This isn't directly from any press photos or still frames from the movie so it's refrencing the scene without calling out the lawyers. If I had just traced that movie cover, I'd expect to be rejected right out of the gate. IMHO at least.

Check out my Derby Shirt!

roofoo

Re: All's quiet on the Western front

The levitating cowboy. lol

roofoo

Re: Singin' in the Storm - (Green!)

Another Frankenstein fan I see. :P

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker

I could've sworn from the thumbnail that this was Walmazan's :-| !!

j5

Zagazoo wrote:I used the template but maybe my scaling is off, really hope it doesn't get rejected.

The template has a bounding box, but for the most part it's 16"x20" printable area. To be honest, you have very little chance of printing anyway due to the late submission, but it's a nice entry (though I prefer the first one)

move along

roofoo

jonnylaw37 wrote:If you wear your glasses upside down, it works fine!

Yeah, I had to flip my glasses too. If he reversed the colors, it would be perfect.

roofoo

no1 wrote:ping pong paddle.

Oh. hehe, now it makes sense. :P

dooomcat

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dooomcat
j5 wrote:Is that Ernest Borgnine in an ape suit?

Ha! He just needs that little cheek mole and some gel!

gangstergandhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gangstergandhi
Re: Map and Compass

I love it, the only thing is the bottom left border looks a bit straightedge compared to the rest (Looking at where the white spray intercepts the bounds).

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

IN! SANE! This collab is perfection.

j5

Re: Cheap Seats

Would it date me too much to say I used to do this?

move along

Zagazoo

j5 wrote:The template has a bounding box, but for the most part it's 16"x20" printable area. To be honest, you have very little chance of printing anyway due to the late submission, but it's a nice entry (though I prefer the first one)

Huh, what about the first one do you like better out of curiosity? Is it the terrified face? Cuz I kind of miss it

When is the most opportune time to submit, ASAP?

Zagazoo

Re: It Came From the Future!

HA! Puns are always funny... well not always but this one is hilarious. +1 my friend, +1

thegambler311

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegambler311
roofoo wrote:Not digging the vertical lines, I think it would look better without them.

Have to disagree. This illo really makes me "hear" a projector running in the background. Without those lines, there's no sound.

thegambler311

Re: Kabam!

it's a sin that this is out of the fog...

Zagazoo

Re: Acrophobic Kong

Your character is absolutely lovable and well rendered, I really enjoy this
design. My only suggestion is to try having his left hand wrap desperately around the other side of the building to make him look more frantic, though his expression does communicate the fear well.

Dascalargo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dascalargo

I like the design, but if I didn't know the title of the shirt I'd have a hard time understanding the joke. I couldn't figure out it was a ping pong paddle either, even knowing the name of the design.

thegambler311

expo01 wrote:Wow thanks a lot for the amazing support!!, never thought this was going to do it this far and certainly not that fast, I was totally aware it was too late to submit but just wanted to be part of the 200th derby celebration so thanks a lot!! , will try to post a bigger view later today!

Cheers and thanks again!! (o;

looking forward to the bigger pic

Zagazoo

Re: All's quiet on the Western front

The floating saddle is very appealing to me, seems unique and I don't think a mount would aid the design. This is one of my favorite pieces entered in this derby

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
roofoo wrote:Yeah, I had to flip my glasses too. If he reversed the colors, it would be perfect.

I may yet flip the red and blue. Lemme see how the masses weigh in if I make it to the fog.

asterismW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asterismW
lgnablndr wrote:Reminds me of Governor Elaine Marley from the Monkey Island Series.

(The poodles are merely sleeping)

Yes! This is the first thing I thought when I saw this.

Love the design, though I wouldn't wear it on a shirt. Woot really needs to offer prints or mousepads or something else for all this art.

j5

Zagazoo wrote:Huh, what about the first one do you like better out of curiosity? Is it the terrified face? Cuz I kind of miss it

When is the most opportune time to submit, ASAP?

the first one is less "cute/cartoony".

Friday is the optimum day for a good head start.

move along

Dascalargo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dascalargo
paigeg wrote:...but I think, to carry the total reference along - Singin in the Rain, Frankenstein, AND Young Frankestein....

Is there a Young Frankenstein reference that I'm missing here? I see the monster and the Gene Kelly pose, but...?

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
Re: It was only a moment for you, you took no notice

Really cool style!

I'm new to woot shirt and a bit out of practice on design. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get that cool vertigo effect?

Check out my Derby Shirt!

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

theseize wrote:Note, when that radio play aired, a lot of people thought it was an actual news bulletin because of the style it was delivered in. :D

LOL yes! That was the original inspiration for the idea, and I have heard of the radio broadcast... so great.

I first thought of drawing on octopus, then remembered that the war of the worlds aliens were kind of tentacly (or spidery), then drew some sketches that looked like lollipops or flying saucers with legs. I arrived at this design after all that.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Damn this City!

I was pleasantly surprised by this design when I clicked on it, so I agree with the others that the thumbnail should show the best part of the drawing.

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox
Re: Running for his life

Niiiice reference!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
thegambler311 wrote:it's a sin that this is out of the fog...

Yup. I really wanted to buy this and it deserves a print.