notnas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notnas
Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

Oh, hells yes. This is my favorite woot T-shirt design EVER. I love you.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
roofoo wrote:This could never happen. Leela can take care of herself! She'd probably be the one carrying Bender to safety. lol

lol, also true!

potsy356

quality posts: 0 Private Messages potsy356
Re: Kabam!

NOOOOO! Unfogged D:
typical that something this downing would happen on a monday... CURSE YOU MONDAY (an all of you who havent upped this shirt >_>)

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Damn this City!

This really needs more votes. It's awesome.

blightchan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blightchan

beautifully done! gmv!

thegambler311

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegambler311
Re: FLASH! Ahh Ah Ahhh!

this one's really good

80verna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 80verna
Re: Gone With The Color

Oddly for me the film strip edges almost do double duty as the storm shutters of a plantation house...

Love it.

ainecful

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ainecful

I "wanted one" back when this was at a measly 12 votes... Now look at you! You're in the fog already, despite being so late to enter!

I believe this is a true testament to this shirts appeal.

theperuvainkid816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theperuvainkid816
Zagazoo wrote:HA! Puns are always funny... well not always but this one is hilarious. +1 my friend, +1

this is the best shirt i ever seen good job

theperuvainkid816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theperuvainkid816

fuzzzydunlop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzzydunlop

this looks great, but I think those clouds are photographs. Isn't that a big no-no here?

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Soak the Witch!

This is just flipped and copied.

fuzzzydunlop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzzydunlop
blinddog3d wrote:Dam! Killed by my Mad Skillz!
It's was Justified, I should've spent the time with original poses in the same setting. I was getting off on how good it looks, and still do.

But I'm getting closer to what folks like, "just keep swimmin'...."
BlindDog3D

mad tracing skillz?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Singin' in the Storm - (Green!)

Thanks -so- much, lucky, skirochester, paige!

I did consider a black and white version but the appeal of the colors from Singin' In The Rain was too strong.

(No Young Frankenstein reference intended, by the way :-) )

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Singin' In The Storm

Thanks! Especially flemtone. -__^

Megadog, that would've been a great title. Why didn't I think of it?! :^)

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
blinddog3d wrote:

It doesn't look at all to me like a photoshop manipulated version of that exact image--there are details here and there that are different. My guess is Caped used an image from the movie as a reference, which afaik has always been kosher.

crevelingma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crevelingma
Re: burrito scene

Like it, but are the legs screwed up?

medbie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages medbie

Awesome Film Noir design! GMV!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Last Glimpse of Light Version 2.0

I prefer the first too. In my case I dont like the surface swirl on this one, and miss the bubbles.
But the speargun was a nice addition and taking the yellow off of the squid helped show case the human figure.
My style preference would depend on my mood

JenXer74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenXer74
contemporaryscarlett wrote:This is one of the few designs I've seen thus far that captures the glamor of that era. I feel like I can see the pancake makeup she undoubtedly would have worn. Kudos.

paigeg wrote:Your final came out great!

medbie wrote:Oh! I want this to print!!! She is so lovely; totally a silent film star or early talkie starlet. Wonderfully done!

Thanks, all! :D

JenXer74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenXer74
Re: Propzilla

I love the zipper around his neck- nice touch!

DeadMonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeadMonster
YinofYang wrote:I've come back to look at your design and it is still very cool.

I'm not sure why people aren't agreeing with the silencer being on the gun (saying it's not part of that era) but it most certainly was. Silencers were after all invented in the early 1900s. I'm not saying silencers were used ALL the time, but they were definitely used by mobsters and other criminals for many criminal activities.

It's all about the supposed scene we're looking at here. The guy's cornered. He's having one last cigarette and he's slid in his last clip. There's only one way out now, and it's going to make some noise.

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
roofoo wrote:This could never happen. Leela can take care of herself! She'd probably be the one carrying Bender to safety. lol

True, except when she gets stung by intergalactic space bees! So clearly there is an unseen player afoot here causing mayhem.

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

zachss514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zachss514

As much as I love this design, is it me, or is his left (our right) leg longer than the other?

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

This is great!

leviafan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leviafan

Brilliant, love the style— it's spot on. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the floaty head in the lower left, because well, it looks like a floaty head. I.e. disconnected and out of place, even though the face itself is good stuff.

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way.

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
roofoo wrote:I'm probably like the only person who doesn't get this.

It's a reference to Rosebud, the sled owned as a child by the title character in _Citizen Kane_.

I've long been curious how anybody in the film knew that "Rosebud" was the last thing Kane said, since he was alone on his deathbed when he muttered it :/

avidan111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avidan111

Love the depth of the design with the tentacle coming out from the darkness and the light up top. very well done.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca

I really like this design, however the film strips detract from it. If for some reason this doesn't print I think it would do great in a monotone derby minus the film-strips.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
blinddog3d wrote:

Congratulations you found the reference! I beg you to try show that it's a direct translation. {{volmod edit: keep it clean, please.}} I'll draw you under the table.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack

This shirt tells the world; "I have a tentacle erupting out of my pants, near by divers beware!"

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

IndependentVik

Agreed about the thumbnail--a better part probably could've been selected. Regardless, great design: you have my vote. I'm rooting for ya!

jlwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlwilder

I Love and more importantly want to buy this Shirt!!!

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
paigeg wrote:And yet, it's a charicature. I wish the rejectionator wasn't so literal. This is a beautiful homage, eye patch and all. Boo. I doubt it would be a winner, but I really, really appreciate the intent of the design.

It's not so much the rejectionator being literal as the rejectionator wanting to spare us a potential lawsuit.

axolotl2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages axolotl2
Re: Forbidden Future

I agree with Futurama

nhhshusky21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nhhshusky21

Such a great design. =) love the variations of black and white. Such a vivid image too! Hope it wins!!!!!!

IndependentVik

Re: After the Credits

Back to the fog with you!

seanjon08

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seanjon08

I often vote in the Derby but based on artistic appreciation, this time I want want want this shirt! Nay I need it!!!

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: THE Real Wild ONE

but,is he missing a handlebar?

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
jagendorf wrote:Reminds me of the classic War of the Worlds movie with its disintegrating beam.

Woooo. That was the exact poster I was thinking of when I was working on this image. =D