gentrys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gentrys
roofoo wrote:Is that a Delorean at the bottom?

No, but now that you mention it...

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
Re: intermission

Muppets video referenced above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtnik1rb60I

ijustride

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ijustride
Re: Monster Movie

Great design, I'll wear it on set if it wins!

ahrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahrel

Do want.

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
sasham62 wrote:In my opinion, since when you submitted this shirt, you clicked a little box that says you agree to the terms and conditions, and the terms and conditions say that you're giving Woot exclusive rights to the shirt for 60 days, that you should not be submitting it somewhere else until after that 60 days is over.

Thanks. I figured that but when I read the line about withdrawing in this new second-chance derby, I was a little confused.

Check out my Derby Shirt!

mirumeiku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirumeiku
j5 wrote:Odd, I have Polar Express 3D and my kid's Lego magazines and it's reversed of that. Gotta love standards.

Oh well, carry on then.

eta: when reversed, it just looks flat as opposed to receding into the background. I'm sure someone can weigh in on the science there.

It *should* look like it's receding away from you with the red lens over your left eye. If it looks flat to you, it's possible that you're suppressing one eye (i.e. your brain's just ignoring what one eye's seeing). I can go on about the nerdy science of 3D stuff if anyone wants to hear it.

MonstaG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MonstaG

Love!

Re: Silver Screen Samurai

Gregory Smith

MonstaG

Love!

Re: Propzilla

Gregory Smith

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
Re: No Ticket

PrintprintprintprintPRIIIINNNNNNNNNNT!

Please? =D

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
mirumeiku wrote:It *should* look like it's receding away from you with the red lens over your left eye. If it looks flat to you, it's possible that you're suppressing one eye (i.e. your brain's just ignoring what one eye's seeing). I can go on about the nerdy science of 3D stuff if anyone wants to hear it.

No, it should be coming toward you in this case.
The artist admitted he had the colors swapped compared to the most common configuration.

move along

ymmottommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ymmottommy

The only downside is I can't buy this shirt right now. Very like, well done.

Bulnes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bulnes
verminbury wrote:I guess now would be as good a time as any to mention that the rocket ships are crewed entirely by zombies. And the flying saucers? Mostly kittens, except for the captains: both penguins. Just sayin'.

**jeez**
wish I would have known you had zombie crews... I would have voted!! Well if it prints I am in for two. Fingers crossed.

Woots: twelve
Shirts: fifty five...wow.. I gotta get another hobby

pinothyj

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pinothyj
jagendorf wrote:Reminds me of the classic War of the Worlds movie with its disintegrating beam.

It was a heat ray…

youcansmellit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages youcansmellit

This is an amazing shirt!

rzzmttzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rzzmttzz
Re: After the Credits

Love it!

ossnap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ossnap

Bah, I meant to post in a shirt comments but it ended up here. Anyways, I can't believe the horse in the sunset didn't make it. What an amazing shirt.

zfadinglifez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zfadinglifez
Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

WANT..MUST HAVE..NEED NOW!! @_@

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
when you do things right, people wont be sure youve done anything at all

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
ossnap wrote:Bah, I meant to post in a shirt comments but it ended up here. Anyways, I can't believe the horse in the sunset didn't make it. What an amazing shirt.

It's in the correct place...if you open the thread for that design, you'll see it. ALL comments on ALL derby entries are also displayed in a long list in the derby forum. ;)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge

I'm going to be online at midnight tonight to see if this is second. I want to get it for my Mom (huge huge godzilla fan, and shes had a bad month at work)

MonstaG

I want to buy this!

Gregory Smith

murlnwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murlnwoot

nice, i'm diggin this

prettysammy007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prettysammy007

*GASP!* I just saw this today! Looooove it. You were so close! I need to get on more often to do some voting. If it were still open, you'd have my vote, good sir.

Plus I'm glad my boyfriend didn't see this one. We'd have to fight over who would get this shirt (we can't both get the same one. That'd be Jatravartid FYI). :p

Congrats on your first shirt design. It looks fantastic. I'm seriously disappointed that it didn't get into the fog. :\ BUT I'll be looking forward to more submissions from you.

"IT'S COOOOOL GUY!"

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
prettysammy007 wrote:*GASP!* I just saw this today! Looooove it. You were so close! I need to get on more often to do some voting. If it were still open, you'd have my vote, good sir.

Plus I'm glad my boyfriend didn't see this one. We'd have to fight over who would get this shirt (we can't both get the same one. That'd be Jatravartid FYI). :p

Congrats on your first shirt design. It looks fantastic. I'm seriously disappointed that it didn't get into the fog. :\ BUT I'll be looking forward to more submissions from you.

Thanks a lot Sammy,

I guess we can keep our fingers crossed and hope that it might come back in the form of a second chance or an editor's choice. If not, then I'll let you know if it ever prints some where else. Maybe even on different color shirts so both you and your boyfriend can get one!

Thanks again!

Check out my Derby Shirt!

deekboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deekboy
Re: Kabam!

I WANT!!!

cooldudeguy911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cooldudeguy911
Re: No Ticket

I've been slowing on my shirt.woot-ing lately, but I would buy the heck out of this shirt if it printed.

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
j5 wrote:No, it should be coming toward you in this case.
The artist admitted he had the colors swapped compared to the most common configuration.

I've still not heard back from the powers-that-be about their willingness to include 3d glasses with this shirt, should it print. If they don't have any left over from last year, I would guess it'd be a money-losing proposition for them. The layout of shirt.woot's house brand of 3d glasses and the free-ish ones I linked to upthread appear to be identical, at least.

xsurian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xsurian
curli76 wrote:Muppets video referenced above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtnik1rb60I

I immediately thought of this one when I saw the shirt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZlSoiE7YlM

kajira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kajira

Too late to vote! I WANT THIS SHIRT!!!

azrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azrn

Want.This.Shirt. Love the look on candy bar's face and ciggies doesn't even realize the awkwardness.

zfadinglifez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zfadinglifez
Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

double take NOW!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
when you do things right, people wont be sure youve done anything at all

ahmedzainal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahmedzainal
Re: Swashbuckler Island

Beautiful!

Rgds,
http://about.me/ahmedzainal

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
zfadinglifez wrote: double take NOW!

This.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

johnnyk71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyk71

like!

exhaseo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exhaseo
Re: Forbidden Future

I'd just like to point out that Leela's wristband thing is supposed to be on her right arm. Just super sayin' that's all.

adamrocksatlife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamrocksatlife

How do I vote....?

adamrocksatlife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamrocksatlife

I really want this shirt. I'd rock it all the time!

stupendousman173

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupendousman173

I want to buy this shirt so bad...

stupendousman173

bluetuba wrote:lol, also true!

Unless she got stung by a space bee...

stupendousman173

bassanimation wrote:Actually, the characters look quite a bit different from the official Futurama designs, so it should be fine. The characters you see on the shirt are inspired by the real ones, but their looks are very different.

Copyright comes into play when you use the real designs themselves, or do not make significant changes to the designs. The robot and woman are in a completely different style from the cartoon. It actually took me a moment to figure out the reference. At first I was like "Whuu, the girl looks like she only has one eye! Wait a second....I see what you did there..." :P

To me, this is a very good example of parody. I could be wrong, but I see nothing at all that would mark this for rejection. TGentry did a great Family Guy reference sometime back that was a good parody. The character reference was recognizable, but it wasn't the exact character.

Also, I found this site through futurama's website and facebook page... If it wins I'm sure it will sell.

CptGreedle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CptGreedle

Is it too late for this shirt? It is such an awesome design!