+ Add a Comment

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
avidan111 wrote:love it, but what movie is this from?

I dont' think it's from a movie, but paying homage to noir. And it ROCKS.

paigeg

odysseyroc wrote:Nice work, Midge. This would be great if the monster could have a glow in the dark head.

^This. Great work.

paigeg

Re: Propzilla

Awww.. No planes on strings... Still...

medbie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages medbie
Re: Smoke Screen

Oh! I want this to print!!! She is so lovely; totally a silent film star or early talkie starlet. Wonderfully done!

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Awesome shirt and idea. However...even though it's a parody, of sorts, of the candy "commercials" before movies, I'm not so sure this fits the theme.

I sort of agree with this. It is a good shirt and I know someone that would wear it... but I wish it was more on theme.

paigeg

Re: Swashbuckler Island

I'll agree to the contemporary feel of this to a point, but... I'm just sayin.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Pirating movies

This reminds me of the Pirates of Penzance play... where they run into a theater to hide from the police, and end up right in the middle of HMS Pinafore (a play with a boat), and have a swashbuckling fight with the policemen

paigeg

Re: Ticket to Ride

I don't have any glasses to check - does it work?

paigeg

Re: Delusions of grandeur

Awesomely cute, and not in a barfmaking way.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
grypes wrote:completion!
(please, god of wootjection... let that text be considered incidental due to theme)

I LOLed, but I don't think the rejectionator will. Too bad, it's funny.

paigeg

Re: The Mummy

I'd wear the hell outta this.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Showtime!

Well, the thumbnail looks like you're giving us all the finger. I'll give you a vote for that alone.

earballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earballs
Re: young villain

As a kid I was the one on the left. Wait... still am.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Timmy Trickster and Mr.Moneymine

I left in a hurry for work so I forgot to make sure that I asked for input! Please tell me what you think, and how I could improve my design.

This is because I am trying to avoid making a tree or an octopus just because my tree and octopus designs have disproportionately large numbers of votes compared to all my other entries.

However, I will whip out a Octotree next time if I cannot garnish more votes with my other designs.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Kiss Noir

I have enjoyed every design I have seen you submit. This may be a personal issue, and I don't know how others feel about it, but your overuse of halftones always kills it for me. I don't know if it's because the lpi is to low or its just that there is so much half toning going on, but something seems off to me. Regardless, your work is still great. Keep it up!

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Dutchbunch5 wrote:This would probably do better on the new silver or slate color.

I tried the silver, and it just drowned out the design. It only really looked good on white and cream to me.

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz

Finally a good godzilla shirt!!!! Nice job Walmazan you got this derby down. Only shirt with my vote so far.

adorabrooke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adorabrooke
Re: Scream Queen

I love it!

yvesabouchar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yvesabouchar

I love Harold Lloyd, but I don't see why this isn't rejected yet...I guess because he's not Charlie Chaplin?

okashii214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages okashii214
Re: King Kong

Adorable!!! I would wear this!

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

i like this but at the same time the person seems almost to separate from the background almost two styles. background is more detailed and the guy is more cartoony. still nice though and well done

jjhatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjhatch
contemporaryscarlett wrote:Just my personal opinion, and perhaps this is intentional but the female looks like a 2011 woman playing pirate dress-up. She doesn't look like someone from the silver screen era, especially the straight blunt edge cut hair.

Yeah, I had the same thought.

And come to think of it, the styling of this shirt reminds me a lot of this artwork from World of Warcraft.

Very contemporary especially for a swashbuckler, and it really doesn't fit.

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
ArdillaCiega wrote:It's so authentic, it actually hurts my eyes.

That's what I was going for. It was a coin-toss, in the end, whether I added the strings holding up the space ships :>

wepnar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wepnar
paigeg wrote:I'll agree to the contemporary feel of this to a point, but... I'm just sayin.

Well there was a smattering of females dressed as pirates in the classic swashbucklers and I'll agree that this girl is wearing a pirate outfit but she just as easily (or perhaps more appropriately) belongs in the contemporary pirate genre such as Pirates of the Caribbean. The fit of the clothes along with the wide kick ass stance would never be in an old school classic, to say nothing of her features and hairstyle. So to me she is a just a girl in a pirate outfit rather than any homage to the classic swashbuckling genre. She belongs in a pirate themed derby not a classic movie one.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack

Really nice framing!

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Another great idea delivered clear and clever walmazan. Do like the bluish hue of your dark color on the silver shirt.

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
Re: Mr Murder

Wow, this is my favorite design by far. Awesome, awesome execution on this. Would buy in a heartbeat.

PixelPants

The humble beginnings of a great cinematic moment. A very appealing design that suits the shirt well Naolito.

PixelPants

Re: intermission

Classic stylings of advertising in a bygone era. The unease the cigarettes create while remaining oblivious is really neat.

pokethedeadkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokethedeadkat
Leahbh wrote:this looks like it might be outside woot's printable area.

Should be fine. It fits in the box in the new template.

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Singin' In The Storm

haha! so funny and clever!

Plus, wow for the coloring! +1

PixelPants

Re: Swashbuckler Island

I won't join the debate but will say you really nailed the painted poster style of the era.

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
paigeg wrote:I don't have any glasses to check - does it work?

I think it should; I've got the colors on the correct sides. And the stars don't have colored shadows because they're so far away, and certainly not pinholes in a studio curtain *cough*

walmazan

Re: Heaven's Devils

looks so nice on the tee, love it!

walmazan

Re: burrito scene

hahhahaha! love it!

walmazan

Re: Monster Movie

this is so good, and love love the style in this one!

+1

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
skirochester wrote:love the zipper... nice touch and great shirt!

Yeah, love the zip...

~wink

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

PixelPants

Re: across the sunset

Hey odysseyroc, I think you are versatile designer and a great colorist. Hopefully you don't find it too harsh of me to suggest that this feels like a preliminary drawing compared to a lot of your other stuff. I appreciate people might go for the sketchy style, but always wonder how your ideas would develop if this was treated as a mock-up, then fleshed it out with more polished execution. These are the thoughts of an admirer of your work, so hopefully you take it as such.

PixelPants

Re: Kabam!

Too hard not to look at this and hear the whistle and hammer sound effect. Good job Boots!

PixelPants

Re: After the Credits

Classic gag to match the classic cinema. The style really suits the era too.