jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Pick up one of those rocks, get behind the boulder. In a few minutes, the man in black will come running around the bend. The minute his *head* is in view, HIT IT WITH THE ROCK!

Insert signature here.

dominator101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dominator101

I'm not sure whether to reference Princess Bride, or King's Quest...

Anyway, awesome shirt. Knew I had to get one as soon as I saw it.

warmice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages warmice

If you can read thank a teacher.
If you can read in English thank a Marine.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
dominator101 wrote:I'm not sure whether to reference Princess Bride, or King's Quest...

My original working title for the design was 'INCONCEIVABLE QUEST!'

oscaroni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oscaroni
dreamingstar213 wrote:AHHHHH The Princess Bride!!! AHHHHH

I may just have to buy this!! <3

As you wish.

akumukitsune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akumukitsune

This is making me want to go watch the movie again.
Bought the shirt, good thing I just got the blu-ray/dvd combo of this movie.
And I'm going to have these quotes stuck in my head for weeks.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
yaw4god_emt wrote:The point is that it's emulating the old games that required you interact by commands. It's part of the joke. In other words, having it shown as a 3D-modeled environment wouldn't have been nearly as funny.

Granted. But I grew up with an Amiga and my games looked much better than the PC variety.....until they stopped supporting the Amiga that is....

It's the dread [man of low moral fiber] Roberts!

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Crenshaw13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crenshaw13

Ummm....WHY DID YOU REVERSE THE SCENE??? In the movie, Vizzini and Buttercup were on the left, and Westley was on the right.

I wanna buy this, but that's just gonna bug me every time I look at it.

Unless I look at in a mirror... Hmm....

Crenshaw13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crenshaw13
sykotek wrote:Inconceivable, a Princess Bride shirt! In for 1!

On the topic of the Princess Bride, its not just my opinion, but I believe the movie would be better if they edited out all the Fred Savage scenes.

One day...when I have an abundance of time on my hands...I will remove him and his grandfather, prepare to die.

You need to read the book.

vansmith

quality posts: 5 Private Messages vansmith

Girl I must warn you, I sense something strange in this goblet. It's all so deadly, when wine is not together from the heart. It's driving me out of my mind, that's why it's hard for me to find...where to put the POISON.

yeslekp92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeslekp92
chrisprender wrote:For those who don't get it, this fake video game is taken from a scene in this movie.

(Or I suppose it could be the book instead.)

The book is MY FAVOURITE BOOK EVER! so hilarious. this shirt is a definite buy. I highly recommend the book. Keep in mind that Morganstern doesn't actually exist. :P

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

zekecatz wrote:Don’t wear this shirt: to your Dinner with Andre - another Wallace Shawn movie.

Don't Wear This Shirt: If you're Clueless - minor Wallace Shawn (memorable) role

ErnestTRocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ErnestTRocks

"the pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle, the flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true..."

ETR

o2fishmnore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages o2fishmnore

Stop that rhyming, I mean it!

dominator101

Cotmweasel wrote:Had to get it. I love that movie!

You only think you're getting one, that's what's so funny! They switched shirts while your back was turned!

nathanwpyle

Crenshaw13 wrote:Ummm....WHY DID YOU REVERSE THE SCENE??? In the movie, Vizzini and Buttercup were on the left, and Westley was on the right.

Buy it, and then get used to disappointment.

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle

Beautiful... This made my day!

clevergrrl28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clevergrrl28

But Wesley... what about the R.O.U.S's? Rodents of Unusual Sizes? I dont believe in them!! AHHHHHH!

clevergrrl28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clevergrrl28
dominator101 wrote:I'm not sure whether to reference Princess Bride, or King's Quest...

definitely Princess Bride.

K9itty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages K9itty

Sleep well in this shirt as you dream of large women.

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

Attention children:
Today's word of the day is "inconceivable."

Use it in a sentence today!

LuminousMuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LuminousMuse

Last night - Good night, Shirt Woot. Good shirt. Sleep well. You'll most likely be sold out in the morning.

Just now upon seeing it's still here - Inconceivable!

iceph03nix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iceph03nix
arevan wrote:"Tr..ooooo...luv.."

He clearly said, Tooo Blaive

iceph03nix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iceph03nix
Crenshaw13 wrote:Ummm....WHY DID YOU REVERSE THE SCENE??? In the movie, Vizzini and Buttercup were on the left, and Westley was on the right.

You realize that if the camera were on the other side of them, it would be right? no mirror needed.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack

I am in Australia, does anyone want to order some Lociane powder?
It's never too early to start building up your defenses as you never know when you'll find yourself in a battle of wits to the death

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

Sunwiggie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sunwiggie
ardvarkboy wrote:I'm on the brute squad.

"You ARE the Brute Squad."

Suzanne Conrad

tlrowe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tlrowe

[quote postid="4490882" user="bluejester"]And now a fun fact from the Jester's Real Life Adventures:

I love this movie. In fact, I love it so much, I attempted numerous times to convince my wife (then fiance') that we absolutely had to have the pastor say open our wedding ceremony by saying:

"Mawage! Mawage is what bwings us togebah today. Wob, Twoo wub..."

....quote]

Friends of mine did do this - it was a hit among the hords of their geeky and not so geeky friends...

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
ErnestTRocks wrote:"the pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle, the flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true..."

I thought it was the chalace from the palace....

Wait, what?

This Jester feels taken to Court.

;)

BigB905

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigB905

I dunno, i loved the shirt at first, but if it was a video game, why would you select what cup to poison? Wouldn't it be better if it asked you, "what cup do you want to drink from?"

You know, because you'd be playing the game as Wesley/Dread Pirate Roberts. Not Vizzini.

Ahhh.... disappointment. Better get used to it.

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

If you listen carefully in the scene you can hear Wesley put the powder in both cups.

Insert signature here.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
jsh139 wrote:Pick up one of those rocks, get behind the boulder. In a few minutes, the man in black will come running around the bend. The minute his *head* is in view, HIT IT WITH THE ROCK!

My way is not very sportsmanlike...

gunslingerpc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gunslingerpc

ALBINO: You survived last week's Woot!-Off, so your obviously very brave...but NOBODY withstands shirt.woot! selling a Princess Bride/King's Quest reference shirt!

WESLEY: So I'm here 'til I die?

ALBINO: 'Til they kill you -- or sell out -- yeah.

gunslingerpc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gunslingerpc

Reading these comments is like a duel to the pain.

Not familiar with that term? Then let me explain, and I'll be sure to use small words so you'll understand, you warthog-faced buffoon!

To the pain means...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I know Telltale Games are already reviving King's Quest but maybe if we all asked nicely they could fit The Princess Bride into their roster too?

Awesome shirt, Nathan. :^)

kushblazer420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kushblazer420

Great shirt! in for one

ProfHotpants

quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants
BigB905 wrote:I dunno, i loved the shirt at first, but if it was a video game, why would you select what cup to poison? Wouldn't it be better if it asked you, "what cup do you want to drink from?"

You know, because you'd be playing the game as Wesley/Dread Pirate Roberts. Not Vizzini.

Dread Pirate Roberts puts the poison in the cups, then Vizzini has to choose the cup to drink from.

nathanwpyle

Spiritgreen wrote:I know Telltale Games are already reviving King's Quest but maybe if we all asked nicely they could fit The Princess Bride into their roster too?

Awesome shirt, Nathan. :^)

That would be so great, right?? Thanks so much!

BigB905

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigB905
ProfHotpants wrote:Dread Pirate Roberts puts the poison in the cups, then Vizzini has to choose the cup to drink from.

Ahhhh that's right, that's right. I remembered Vizzini switching the cups, and not the events that led up to it. OK, to the DVD shelf, I obviously need a re-viewing. Grazie.

aethera21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aethera21

'How's the sick?' is actually the quote I use most often from the film. And I'm not even in a medical profession!

Postman, fetch me that woot shirt.

(In for 2.)

dominator101

gunslingerpc wrote:Reading these comments is like a duel to the pain.

Not familiar with that term? Then let me explain, and I'll be sure to use small words so you'll understand, you warthog-faced buffoon!

To the pain means...

...Your ears you keep, and I'll tell you why. So that every cheer of every child at seeing your awesome shirt will be yours to cherish. Every babe that giggles at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God, where do I get that shirt?" will echo in your perfect ears. That is what "to the pain" means.