strider72

quality posts: 1 Private Messages strider72

When the description got to the "well endowed" bit I thought for a moment they were talking about Kiera Knightly -- the flattest woman in Hollywood!

Very confused there....

dunsanyburzum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dunsanyburzum

Probably the worst shirt other than the Cookie Monster one. Can't believe the Gozerhead shirt is about to face a Reckoning and this boring shirt will be up for another week. I really wish people would pick more clever designs (like Gozerhead or the pi/pie shirt or the Pluto shirt)in the derbies. There were so many better designs.

scribethemad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scribethemad
laggyg wrote:Aww, now you've gone and ruined the opportunity for everyone else. You should be ashamed. =P haha j/k

I bet she hides her booty in her...

in her...

*wait for it*
*wait for it*
*waaaaait for iiit*

...PANTS!
*dun dun, tch!*

(random thought: how would YOU spell the cymbal sound!?)

I usually spell it: ba-dum tish
But I've seen a number of others link to a youtube of the rimshot; others link to a website called instantrimshot or something.

scribethemad

Awesome shirt! I'll have to plunder one for meself.

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle
creativehack wrote:Did anyone else notice that the compass in the background has East and West reversed...?

Note to self: Never, ever, ask for directions from creativehack.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

It's got a Reaper Mini kind of look to it. Pirates and Swashbucklers and guns (and boobs) oh my!

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
CapnSabertooth wrote:Reminds me of the Vanquisher from Torchlight (if they made a pirate expansion).

You're definitely right. She's the right style and everything. She'd look good in Torchlight. ;)

fragilelittlehuman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fragilelittlehuman

Love this shirt - had to buy it. I didn't realize it until now, but the last two Woot shirts I just HAD to have are by the same designer.

enderzero09i

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enderzero09i

With 2 zombie and a pirate shirt under his belt, Patrick only needs to get a ninja tee printed to complete the triumvirate!

captkickass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captkickass
YinofYang wrote:You're definitely right. She's the right style and everything. She'd look good in Torchlight. ;)

Thirded.
She also looks like Doofenschmirtz's daughter.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada
strider72 wrote:When the description got to the "well endowed" bit I thought for a moment they were talking about Kiera Knightly -- the flattest woman in Hollywood!

Very confused there....

Your confusion is understandable, I was confused by the 'Latina' reference - Penélope Cruz being from Spain - it took me a second to remember that 'Latina' also refers to women from Spain and not just from Mexico or points further south.

My morning 'DOH' moment.

But she certainly is Latina and well-endowed.

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna
mahercv wrote:Just a basic question....Doesn't a Swashbuckler by definition have a sword?

Actually, the buckler refers to a small shield/blunt bashing weapon, as seen in this picture: http://www.thearma.org/essays/SandB/Gladiatoria112.jpg

So, yeah, typically goes with a sword, but it's the mini-shield that really makes you a swashbuckler.

bauh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bauh

Nice

scribethemad

DivineAna wrote:Actually, the buckler refers to a small shield/blunt bashing weapon, as seen in this picture: http://www.thearma.org/essays/SandB/Gladiatoria112.jpg

So, yeah, typically goes with a sword, but it's the mini-shield that really makes you a swashbuckler.

I thought the term referred to the action of swashing ones buckler, which was to stand in front of the house of someone you wanted to fight and hit your buckler with your sword.

At least, that's the way the guys of Fight School explain it.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

congrats on the win

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada
scribethemad wrote:I thought the term referred to the action of swashing ones buckler, which was to stand in front of the house of someone you wanted to fight and hit your buckler with your sword.

At least, that's the way the guys of Fight School explain it.

A great sweeping swing is a swash (this one I knew). The making of the noise is swashing (this I didn't know).

At least it is according to this archaic dictionary.

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo
j5 wrote:She's a finely cut lass.

Not to toot your fluet, but she is indeed a finely cut-lass (supreme) and you should take a bow for such a keen jib.

But let's all show some tack and not make any junk carracks about her fine sloop, tight rigging, or how they'd like to schooner.

phrases avoided: hermaphrodite brig, jolly roger, blow the man down

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
mahercv wrote:Just a basic question....Doesn't a Swashbuckler by definition have a sword?

Perhaps, although the pistol is more accurate in terms of piratical history. Pirates were better marksmen than they were swordsmen (or swordswomen, in this case).

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
creativehack wrote:Did anyone else notice that the compass in the background has East and West reversed...?

jjcote

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jjcote
ciabelle wrote:Note to self: Never, ever, ask for directions from creativehack.

I think his point was probably that most readers likely hadn't even noticed that there was a background...

jrhodes976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhodes976

Wow this chick is very similar to "Miss Fortune" from the League Of Legends game.
Sweet shirt.... I really want, but I just bought 4 shirts in the last week! Damn me!

csl312

quality posts: 4 Private Messages csl312
dunsanyburzum wrote:Probably the worst shirt other than the Cookie Monster one. Can't believe the Gozerhead shirt is about to face a Reckoning and this boring shirt will be up for another week. I really wish people would pick more clever designs (like Gozerhead or the pi/pie shirt or the Pluto shirt)in the derbies. There were so many better designs.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I thought the cookie monster shirt was pretty clever (which is why I own it), just as clever as the Pi/Pie shirt. Some people maybe do not like the "metal" look of gozerhead? It's not always about clever either, sometimes it wins because it looks good, or it fits the theme well (ok maybe not that one as much...).

However I will agree that the art here look more suited to a poster or mousepad or something than a t-shirt. It is beautiful, but just doesn't scream "wear me" to me and also sort of looks like something one would indeed find in a disney gift shop; some people dig that though.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
dunsanyburzum wrote:Probably the worst shirt other than the Cookie Monster one. Can't believe the Gozerhead shirt is about to face a Reckoning and this boring shirt will be up for another week. I really wish people would pick more clever designs (like Gozerhead or the pi/pie shirt or the Pluto shirt)in the derbies. There were so many better designs.

The important thing is that you manifested your frustration into positive energy and used it to create something rather than just tearing down someone else's work on the internet.

razorlust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razorlust

If this came with long sleeves I would have bought two.

Make long sleeves an option on shirts, damnit!!!!!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

razorlust wrote:If this came with long sleeves I would have bought two.

Make long sleeves an option on shirts, damnit!!!!!

Oh daaaaaaamn, dawg! You know what's totally an option?
Sing it: LAYYYYEERRRRRZZZ!! Layers? Layers.

woolysockofdoom

quality posts: 16 Private Messages woolysockofdoom

Instead, I noticed that her mast covers the South marker. Perhaps we can find it beneath the rigging.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
llandar wrote:

Hey Hey!!! hold up....
How is it I posted this dude in response to this item and got deleted. (Besides that I'm not a staff member)

move along

j5

cedaroo wrote:Not to toot your fluet, but she is indeed a finely cut-lass (supreme) and you should take a bow for such a keen jib.

But let's all show some tack and not make any junk carracks about her fine sloop, tight rigging, or how they'd like to schooner.

phrases avoided: hermaphrodite brig, jolly roger, blow the man down

Well done..
Go here, start at the 'C's, stop when you get offended.

move along

jr637

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jr637

Dedicated to Penelope Cruz.

theclubber

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theclubber

me thinks people just wanted to wear a hot pirate shirt. I wouldn't wear it myself, but I do like it.

kelsation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelsation
DesLAW wrote:Oh snap! It's Miss Fortune!

Totally saw that too! Love her btw!!

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
paulpnevada wrote:Your confusion is understandable, I was confused by the 'Latina' reference - Penélope Cruz being from Spain - it took me a second to remember that 'Latina' also refers to women from Spain and not just from Mexico or points further south.

My morning 'DOH' moment.

But she certainly is Latina and well-endowed.

Spaniards are not typically considered Latinos; the term is generally used to refer to Latin Americans.

j5

NameyMcName wrote:Spaniards are not typically considered Latinos; the term is generally used to refer to Latin Americans.

No

eta: Apparently I don't read. (see below)

move along

panthiest

quality posts: 17 Private Messages panthiest
j5 wrote:No

oh come on. if you're going to refer to wikipedia at least read it.

Though often used interchangeably in American English, Hispanic and Latino are not identical terms, and in certain contexts the choice between them can be significant. Hispanic, from the Latin word for "Spain", has the broader reference, potentially encompassing all Spanish-speaking peoples in both hemispheres and emphasizing the common denominator of language among communities that sometimes have little else in common. Latino—which in Spanish means "Latin" but which as an English word is probably a shortening of the Spanish word latinoamericano—refers more exclusively to persons or communities of Latin American origin. Of the two, only Hispanic can be used in referring to Spain and its history and culture; a native of Spain residing in the United States is a Hispanic, not a Latino...

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
deeelite wrote:fruithead, did you wake up on the lemon side of the bed??

it's good to know that i am not the only one helping keep patrickspens well fed. this is my 6th purchased design of his on woot out of 11 total.

Except for the fact that the designer of any shirt that prints gets a flate rate for print day no matter how many are sold (as far as I understand). They do make $ if you buy from the reckoning page at $15 a clip though. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was surprised when I found that out too. But hey, business is business I guess...

februarystar27 wrote:whoa... when did that happen? Is this the first day of the higher sellout? Was it announced somewhere in the derby post that I just missed?

I too was wondering about this new 5k sellout marker. Is this correct?

j5 wrote:She's a finely cut lass. So there ya go.

I c whut u did thar. hyuck hyuck =P
Really though, in all seriousness, I enjoy the wordplay. Very clever!

scribethemad wrote:I usually spell it: ba-dum tish
But I've seen a number of others link to a youtube of the rimshot; others link to a website called instantrimshot or something.

Heh...you said "rimshot" =P Thanks for the reply! I like the "ba-dum" it better accentuates the rapidness between the drumbeats and separates the cymbal...but I just don't hear the "i" you use in your version. No worries though =)

{{volmod edit: NO. Image edited out.}}

j5 wrote:Well done..
Go here, start at the 'C's, stop when you get offended.

You know, it's actually very interesting when you think about the etymology there...I mean, think about it. I wonder which came first...the nautical use or the insult meaning. I'd bet it was the nautical use and it became a derrogatory term down the line somewhere...too lazy to look into it though haha

j5

panthiest wrote:oh come on. if you're going to refer to wikipedia at least read it.

yeah, yeah tl;dr. I stopped when it agreed with me.

Thanks for the clarity, tho.

move along

j5

laggyg wrote:Heh...you said "rimshot" =P Thanks for the reply! I like the "ba-dum" it better accentuates the rapidness between the drumbeats and separates the cymbal...but I just don't hear the "i" you use in your version. No worries though =)

I think the common onomatopoeic spelling is "badum-chi".

cheers.

move along

Narfcake

quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake
laggyg wrote:I too was wondering about this new 5k sellout marker. Is this correct?

It started last week. Nathan's 'Poison' was the first to pass the 3k mark, though ... and yeah, a few of us have thrown our 2-cents in about the whole matter ... starting here.

kschlege

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kschlege

Cantras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cantras

I just got this shirt and it seems to be made of thinner stuff than previous shirts -- like a noticeable flesh-colour undertone when I'm wearing it.

What's the deal? D: