tophat1121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tophat1121
Re: Nice Melons

Just keeping things classy. My 2nd entry ever, had to make some sacrifices for the 6 color maximum but I'm generally pretty happy with it. Help me not be last, that would be enough to make me smile!

Mr. Tophat

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Oh!

This is ridiculous and charming; I love it!
GMV, indeed.

alita2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alita2k
Re: Bento Baby

Love it! I hope this one prints!!

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
koopadaisy wrote:Apparently yanking ideas off of DA again.
Broccoli in cake

And another in the never-ending nails in the artists's coffin, when will it end?

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
dijay wrote:Thanks, natski. Contact me if you want thousands of them :P.

I don't know about thousands lol but I'm in for 1 if it prints =)

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Salsa Samba!

I love the expressions here and as a salsa fan you got my vote!

+1

laggyg

Re: mr apple has a shaving mishap

Freakin amazing! What a great design =D I NEED this to print...how has it not fogged yet?

alita2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alita2k
Re: Sorry, boys.

I need this shirt!

laggyg

Re: Pomegranate Problem

Cute AND Morbid...can't go wrong! GMV =)

You should talk your mom into buying a shirt or 2 so she can help vote your designs up. I'm still angry Breaking News didn't print, but grats on the HM on it! At least it will get a second chance in the next Double Take derby...

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Pomegranate Problem

This is hilarious. Nice work

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
Re: Veggies vs. Fruits

Move along, Capcom! Nothing to see here.

Maybe if I'd had time to draw the cast of thousands in my head -- especially the little tomato, all alone in the middle of the bleachers, unsure who to root for...

I don't wanna hear from Captain Carrot's lawyers, neither :>

futhermore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages futhermore
Re: Par-Tea People

Love the lines and coloring on this, really beautiful. A truly classy tea party.

Best of luck. ^.^

You may have noticed I'm not all there myself.

kerry12018

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerry12018

This is my fav!!!

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb
cbattles6 wrote:I've been watching the derbies for a little while (since Amusement Park), and I've always wanted to vote in one. The problem is that I can't start voting until I buy a shirt, and I just haven't found one I've liked enough to buy. A few have come close, but I just have not been able to pull the trigger.

This shirt is absolutely incredible. Although I can't vote for it, I'm making an ironclad pledge right now -- if it prints, it'll by my first purchase on Shirt Woot. Good luck, guys.

Your first purchase doesn't have to be a shirt - it can be anything at any woot site; snag some wine, some blending markers at kids.woot, whatever.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
walmazan wrote:Thank for all the support in this one guys!
Thanks Kevin, was such a honor to work with you, and a lot of fun!

The pleasure was all mine, my friend.

And like Wences, I really really appreciate the overwhelming support on this shirt!

laggyg

Re: Blind Date (resub)

I love the play on words here...especially the seeing eye hotdog =P

GMV

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Forever Banana

whoa trippy

laggyg

nemoxlams wrote:thanks for comments! but I like more this way

Hrm...I'm not sure I understand the intentional grammatical error here. I like the concept and the artwork but I could not wear this without that missing "S" in the wording on the shirt. Sorry =/

laggyg

Re: Mystery Meat and Secret Sauce

I agree with the others...the drawing is amazing, but the text is boring and bland...I'd either lose the text or stylize it. Make a logo out of it, or turn it into a full-on comic book cover parody

laggyg

Re: Marshmallows hate us...

Not sure which I like more, the original or this solo-marshmellow version...so both got my vote =)

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
mrsjamie wrote:THIS kind of mushroom, a Amanita Muscaria, is NOT food. It is very poisonous:

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodsafety/foodborneillness/foodborneillnessfoodbornepathogensnaturaltoxins/badbugbook/ucm070853.htm

http://www.mykoweb.com/TFWNA/P-28.html

Firstly, the kind of mushroom depicted in my pic is NOT an Amanita Muscaria. Its what is refferred to as a Imaginarus Mushroomia; a nondescript mushroom of general properties, of which is edibility (hence mario eating them and NOT dying).

Secondly, this ;D

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Bratoberfest

Woot... HM... please? I need this for my family. Thanks. ;)

Nice work as always.

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK
Re: Tea Types

Yeah, it doesn't look to be an exception. Jatravartid coffee loving country.

Not only is tea awesome and for that alone I want it to win - I need more Tea shirts. But, the execution is great. Each "character" is perfect, the colors are wonderfully chosen, and the shirt color matches nicely. Boo I say!

My hope now is that it will get chosen for an HM and then be in a Double-Take Derby, and then be chosen for an EC. I can wish, right?

laggyg

Re: Forget Lemonade

I'm really bummed that this got rejected...I, too, hope it can find a home and print elsewhere...

Perhaps I don't understand copyright law (which I assume is the problem here), but I don't get why this would not be able to print, but other shirts (even the other portal related shirts from woot) are ok. It's really a shame though.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Clumsy Cousin

Resubbed this with better thumbnail, maybe. Its tough to get a good thumbnail of this one. I made it late at night and laughed maniacally at its cheesy pine cone-pineapple pun.

Hope you get a lol out of it, or at least an ironic "ha ha oh that's sooo funny..."

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: mr apple has a shaving mishap

I didn't think there would be a single shirt this derby I would want to wear, given the theme, but this is brilliant [as always]. I wish I could curl up inside that twisted wrinkly brain of yours and take the most comfy nap of my life. GMV, naturally.

laggyg

Re: Clumsy Cousin

I like how the pineapple is so heavy that he breaks the panel when he lands...that's a cool touch =)

ochopika

laggyg wrote:Cute AND Morbid...can't go wrong! GMV =)

You should talk your mom into buying a shirt or 2 so she can help vote your designs up. I'm still angry Breaking News didn't print, but grats on the HM on it! At least it will get a second chance in the next Double Take derby...

WOAH did I get an HM on it??? Really?!!! I have to keep up one these things more. I'm gonna go check on that now.

I will make my mom buy a shirt, hopefully a perfect shirt for her will come along... maybe "Censor This". That would be awesome to see my mom wear that...

*edit* yay! You speak truth! I haz an HM! Now I am happy.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Sweeet!!! Resub!

As always, love your work Robbie. Even in simple seeming designs you infuse little flares here and there that set it apart from the rest.

ochopika

kevlar51 wrote:This is hilarious. Nice work

Thank you! I admire your work very much, so I'm glad you like this one!

endangeredomega

Re: Bow, feeble humans, before the mighty Burger King!

The subject matter doesn't speak to me this time, but I do like the style, & hope to see more of your entries in the future.

tophat1121

Re: In the Library With the Wrench

I had better get the chance to buy this shirt... it's amazing.

tophat1121

Sorry apparently I have no idea how to put a little icon of my design in the bottom of the comment.

endangeredomega

Re: Fast Food Junkie

Unfortunate that this is against Woot's rules, as it is beautifully bizarre.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Anorexic model

Quality design Naolito. Wonderful slick composition and coloring that you stop to admire while you inadvertantly absorb the message behind it.

laggyg

xzandre wrote:Yeah, really. I noticed it was called "Pastafarian" but it looks nothing like His Noodlly Goodness, and does in fact look more like Jesus.

I'm trying so hard to come up with a Pasta-Jebus pun but my brain says no dice. Help? =P

dollypatel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dollypatel

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

tophat1121 wrote:Sorry apparently I have no idea how to put a little icon of my design in the bottom of the comment.

Hi! It's actually really inappropriate to advertise your derby entries within comments. What you want to do is put your derby entry ad in your signature. To edit your signature, you'll want to follow these directions. Save what you input and you're done!

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Jae87 wrote:This shirt has a picture of a Pickle reading a book. Your argument is invalid.

This comment is about a picture of a shirt that has a picture of a pickle reading a book. Your argument is invalid.

laggyg

mrsjamie wrote:this derby is supposed to be food. this variety of mushroom is NOT food. they are poisonous.

I ate mushrooms that looked like this last weekend, what do you mean they aren't food? The little pink elephants I met would like a word with you...