ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

clarinerd wrote:Love this! There are a lot of really great entries in this derby, but so far this is the only one I'd actually buy.

arg ive been so spacey today, i forgot to thank yous guys for saying such nice things.

This design is a little different than the normal woot style, so if it doesn't print here i will put it somewhere else

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Darth Knight

Any suggestions on a resub here? All ideas appreciated.

aksthomp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aksthomp

I don't mean to "be one" but it seems like there are an awful lot of shirts in this derby that are fairly far off topic but haven't been axed by the rejectionator... A whole bunch are just red, but have nothing otherwise to do with summer or a real relationship to the color red other than being "red colored".

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Rainbows taste like watermelon

Love it. amazing and wereable style!

victorian211

quality posts: 0 Private Messages victorian211
Re: The Red Shirt V2

Why the HELL doesn't this have more votes! This is the funniest damn shirt ever!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Sweet Strawberry Satisfaction
gimmethatplz wrote:Looks delicious!

That was the idea - thanks gimmethatplz!

Vote!

aksthomp

This was the one I originally uploaded for this derby, but it got rejected. I suppose it was too racy for the rejectionator. Today I showed this very same design to my mother, and she even said, "I can't believe they rejected it... it's kinda cute"... Bear in mind, my mom is a 67 y/o Southern Baptist grandma... My husband and my teeneage son were so disappoited that this one got dumped. I thought it was totally on topic and fit the parameters...

hopefully this works, it's linked from my photo site... we'll see

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: etch-a-shirt

awe the sweet sting of rejection.
in light of the copy-controversy it is a pleasant end.

when i thought of the idea, i did a google search and saw many etch a sketch shirts but none that were all-red and minimalist like this.
I was inspired by all the popular face-based character shirts that are out these days.

finding no shirts on google, i felt i had an original idea... just not as original as i thought given that someone else had the original idea months before me in a derby!
(if i would have known, i sincerely wouldn't have copied another artists work)
Johndis5, please accept my apologies and let me buy you a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster...with extra olives...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Masque of the Red Death

This is gorgeous work, Star! I love the painterly feel, it's so striking. Very different for you, I love it!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Strawberry Milk

Spirit, you just keep amazing me with your skills and characters. @_@ I looooove this! The gloss on the strawberry is so touchable...touchie touchie...yes.

incarnate9143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages incarnate9143
synz2000 wrote:I would wear this to a Springfield/St Louis Cardinals baseball game and everyone would be looking at it because it's not a standard Cardinal shirt =)

i would also love wearing this to busch stadium..

GMV

jasenlangley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasenlangley
victorian211 wrote:Why the HELL doesn't this have more votes! This is the funniest damn shirt ever!

Thanks Victorian. =)

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
paigeg wrote:I got the feeling you were going for. But I'm afraid it goes outside the design area.

Thanks. I was starting to wonder.
As to the design area, I used the new template (PDF version as I cannot seem to extract a working PSD) and stayed inside the box. But the box is much bigger than it used to be. I don't get it, but that seems to be how it is.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: Rainbows taste like watermelon

I thought anthropomorphic food was last week? But seriously... love this!

GMV

>insert funny quote here<

jessierahl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jessierahl
Re: REDS'KINI

I really like this shirt, a lot. My only qualm would be I think it would look better on a cream shirt than pure white. However it's amazing drawing. GMV.

Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire. Deserve victory. Tagla vassternich.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Kiss This!

K.I.S.S.
Keep It Simple, S-Javatardid!

3 colours on Cranberry with halftone dots at 20 per inch.

Wear it to the midnight screening of The Rocky Horro Picture Show or to the reunion tour of KISS: Unmasked!

Do not wear it to dinner with your Inlaws. But the main thing is excersize your right to VOTE and VOTE!

READ MY LIPS! V-O-T-E!
BlindDog3D

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The emperor's royal guard

AKA The Crimson Guard.

I probably should apologize for doing something like this but it really was a blast. I could do pixel artwork all day. Feel free to complain though.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
mattlussier wrote:awe the sweet sting of rejection.

I feel your pain I actually thought this was a coincidence. You both had similar designs on the same idea. I was just trying to compare the two.

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: Clowning around

The colouring on the nose is not a gradient but a halftone pattern following woot's instructions on the submisssion page.

purpledragon42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purpledragon42

Hmm...I would think that all you'd need is a change in the tittle to suggest that the sun is going down - hence the red colors - and you might have enough to resubmit this one. For example, if you titled your design "Calling It a Day" I think that would suggest a setting sun and also suggest what your AT-AT drivers have been up to all day. Just a thought...

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: Clowning around

I have submitted my design again with a sample of the area with halftones. The earlier submission had the same halftone pattern, however there seemed to be some confusion regarding the image having gradients. Thanks for all your votes. I would appreciate your votes again!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
mattlussier wrote:awe the sweet sting of rejection.
in light of the copy-controversy it is a pleasant end.

when i thought of the idea, i did a google search and saw many etch a sketch shirts but none that were all-red and minimalist like this.
I was inspired by all the popular face-based character shirts that are out these days.

finding no shirts on google, i felt i had an original idea... just not as original as i thought given that someone else had the original idea months before me in a derby!
(if i would have known, i sincerely wouldn't have copied another artists work)
Johndis5, please accept my apologies and let me buy you a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster...with extra olives...

Mine wasn't terribly original to begin with. No worries.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs
Re: Solo Solo

thanks for all the votes and comments!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
aksthomp wrote:This was the one I originally uploaded for this derby, but it got rejected. I suppose it was too racy for the rejectionator. Today I showed this very same design to my mother, and she even said, "I can't believe they rejected it... it's kinda cute"... Bear in mind, my mom is a 67 y/o Southern Baptist grandma... My husband and my teeneage son were so disappoited that this one got dumped. I thought it was totally on topic and fit the parameters...

I Frackin love this! Gr8 Melons! I think it might have been the "juice" not the melons. Nah, it was probably the melons. You would have to already have some, to sport this proper. My wife was blessed but she wouldn't wear this out of the house. I still like the Ha-Ha factor.

"... Just keep swimmin'"

BlindDog3D

aksthomp

blinddog3d wrote:I Frackin love this! Gr8 Melons! I think it might have been the "juice" not the melons. Nah, it was probably the melons. You would have to already have some, to sport this proper. My wife was blessed but she wouldn't wear this out of the house. I still like the Ha-Ha factor.

"... Just keep swimmin'"

BlindDog3D

THanks BlindDog... Honestly I was just dumbfounded... I mean I'm a 40 y/o mom, and I personally couldn't pull this one off... but I have friends that could! My dad said I need to have it printed to take to one of our nearby watermelon festivals! Ha!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Rider from hell

This should be doing way better. I think you did an awesome design here! Top Notch!

somwatstrange

quality posts: 2 Private Messages somwatstrange
Re: Red Shirts

Awww, man, I find this really funny, but I'm afraid that too many people won't understand the joke.

I had something to say, but I seem to have forgotten it.

chumpmagic

Re: Rooted Passion

Thanks! I am glad you guys enjoy this nice, pleasant design of mine

iamcptnawesome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iamcptnawesome
greenlightgo722 wrote:The image looks a little fuzzy on my screen - it might be good to submit a higher resolution image next time. (But I could be way off on this too)

As a woman, I would absolutely buy this, regardless of proximity to chest that the top hand would have, however I know many female purchasers do think about these things when buying - Also make sure the image could be printed by woot, I don't think this image could be due to the outer limits of the woot printing abilities.... :-)

but it's a wicked cool design, and definitely fits the theme! A nice first submission

Thanks for your feedback!
And the image is fuzzy, need to work on fixing that, I'll keep it in mind for next time.

chumpmagic

Re: Red Dragon

Thanks everyone! I am thrilled to hear you like my wonderful characters! They are my pride and joy.

gtej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtej
bennyd302 wrote:He's the loneliest of the beverage containers.

But he comes with 499 clones at costco.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Wizzr wrote:When this phone rings its time to worry.

Nice artwork, but should we worry because there is no cord connecting the handset to the phone?

phineus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phineus
Re: Murder in a Bottle

So that's what was pouring out of those elevators.

Wear this shirt: while repeatedly bending and unbending your index finger and talking in a creepy voice

phineus

Re: Bloody Diamonds

uh oh. wasn't me

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: etch-a-shirt

aw. too bad. this was good

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Fire Fox

Hopefully you can submit this with halftones because I really like the illustration. Not digging the fuzzy purple background but the fire fox is sweet!

loosebazooka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loosebazooka
phineus wrote:uh oh. wasn't me

damnit phineus... I'll never play volleyball with you again.

phineus

loosebazooka wrote:damnit phineus... I'll never play volleyball with you again.

you never played with me to begin with

phineus

Re: Red Rum: Murder in a Bottle

So that's what was pouring out of those elevators

Wear this shirt: while repeatedly bending and unbending your finger and talking in a creepy voice.

chumpmagic

aksthomp wrote:This was the one I originally uploaded for this derby, but it got rejected. I suppose it was too racy for the rejectionator. Today I showed this very same design to my mother, and she even said, "I can't believe they rejected it... it's kinda cute"... Bear in mind, my mom is a 67 y/o Southern Baptist grandma... My husband and my teeneage son were so disappoited that this one got dumped. I thought it was totally on topic and fit the parameters...

It had nothing to do with race. From what I saw, it got rejected because you had two big old melons over the location of a women's breasts... melons are slang for breast. They thought you were trying to pull a boobie innuendo on them...

At least that was my take on the whole matter.