armandoberra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armandoberra
Re: Red Rover

Brilliant!

flemtone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Unwanted House Guest

I love this shirt. Great expressions, especially on the very-comfy snoozing bat. GMV!

Besides, I thought you needed a comment by someone with less than 12 characters in their name.

flemtone

..and, apparently one can't edit a post...

Just wanted to comment on the 'Chuck Jones'iness of the bat's expression. Way cute. that's it - carry on.

flemtone

Re: Pure EVIL

I would love for this shirt to print. The smirk of the red sock is priceless. If it doesn't print here, please let us know if you put it somewhere else. It's a great design.

bionicallyironic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bionicallyironic
epicfal wrote:This is an awesome design. I love the composition, especially Riding Hood's posture.

Do you have a detail picture that shows her hand, and what she's holding? I assume it's a basket, but I can't tell from the picture.

i should have zoomed in to the hand. it's an axe. also thanks for the comments everyone.

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag

I'm confused about the flying/jumping snake...don't dragons require wings? Love the design, but that's bugging me.

All who wander are not lost.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Red Rum: Murder in a Bottle

Lol! Good on ya! I had a very similar idea, but my scanner died and I couldn't sub. Glad to see someone did.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Red Hood Riding

Excellent halftone work. And the fact that Red's face is hidden is kinda cool - makes her character and intent ambiguous. Nice.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
flemtone wrote:..and, apparently one can't edit a post...

Just wanted to comment on the 'Chuck Jones'iness of the bat's expression. Way cute. that's it - carry on.

You can... Just click on permalink on the top right of your post, and that will take you to your post on the derby entry comments topic. There you´ll have the edit option.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: Rider from hell

Have to agree with chumpmagic... Not a design that I would see myself wearing, but the quality of the illustration deserved a lot more votes than it has right now.

jamesvercauteren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesvercauteren
Re: Early Bird

NICE WOOT!

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Re: Detroit Starbucks

k, I see the Detroit with the half assed red wing, but where is the starbuck?

korikian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages korikian
Re: Fire Fox

I would just like to point out that on the entry page it says "Illustrator users, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end."

So I don't understand why I now have to convert them myself....

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Into The Woods

Really glad you went with a sword instead of the gun. Beautiful layout.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Nightshooter wrote:k, I see the Detroit with the half assed red wing, but where is the starbuck?

It's a (clever) mashup.
This is Starbuck.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Mavyn

PixelPants wrote:Due to newspapers wide circulation they are 'read all over.'

Huh. I'd always thought it was because you read all the page.

j5

chumpmagic wrote:It had nothing to do with race. From what I saw, it got rejected because you had two big old melons over the location of a women's breasts... melons are slang for breast. They thought you were trying to pull a boobie innuendo on them...

At least that was my take on the whole matter.

Racy != Race related.
racy [ˈreɪsɪ]
adj racier, raciest
1. (of a person's manner, literary style, etc.) having a distinctively lively and spirited quality; fresh
2. having a characteristic or distinctive flavour a racy wine
3. suggestive; slightly indecent; risqué a racy comedy

"Boob shirts" get rejected, and rightly so. Try Snorg Tees or similar.

jnelson62

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson62

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: Red Moon

i really like the concept, but every time i look at this, i see one of those pictures of the inside of an eye

roofoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roofoo
kaleidoscopicfailure wrote:it is overwhelmingly apparent, i have no street cred.

Your illustration is nice. I just don't get the joke, is it referencing something?

roofoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roofoo
korikian wrote:I would just like to point out that on the entry page it says "Illustrator users, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end."

So I don't understand why I now have to convert them myself....

Final art in Illustrator can have gradients, not your comp or detail images. Use the halftone effect as a preview of what your design will look like, at most 30 lpi.

Mavyn

Re: Deviled Meat

Darth Mooool?

Ha!

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: Deviled Meat

to get my vote, I just gotta have more cow bell!

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
somwatstrange wrote:Awww, man, I find this really funny, but I'm afraid that too many people won't understand the joke.

True. I was a big Trek fan, so it was the first thing I thought of when I heard red theme on a red shirt. Thanks for the comment!

beldorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beldorth
citizencoyote wrote:Love the design, it's awesome... but how does it relate to the "red" theme? His eyes?

The rules state "Your design MUST be either on a red (yes, Cranberry counts as red) shirt OR use only red ink. No text."

This design satisfies the first clause -- it is on a red shirt -- therefore it qualifies.

You can argue that that is not what was intended by the rules, but those are the rules as they are written.

Wizzr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wizzr
wootvan wrote:Nice artwork, but should we worry because there is no cord connecting the handset to the phone?

The image I used as a base had a cord, a straight one not a pig tail, but I thought it misbalanced the design so I left it out.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: Fire Fox 2.0

4.0 is better :D +1

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: Preserved

I love the hieroglyphics on the wall :]

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer
Re: Stoq Hammertime

This really suffers from the no text rule. It took me a minute to figure out that it was a stop sign.

korikian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages korikian
MathUhhhSaurus wrote:4.0 is better :D +1

haha very true :P

bandidoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandidoo
Re: Rider from hell

Thanks guys!

{{volmod edit: I know this is your entry, but in hopes of you actually seeing this--it is inappropriate to advertise your derby entry in comments. If you wish to advertise your derby entry, please use your signature. You can edit your signature by clicking on "my account," found under your username at the top of the shirt.woot page. In order to have images show in your signature, one must have made at least one purchase at any woot site.}}

j5

roysterer wrote:This really suffers from the no text rule. It took me a minute to figure out that it was a stop sign.

It could have easily worked as all red on silver or white.

bandidoo

Re: Preserved

Cool!

{{volmod edit: It is inappropriate to advertise your derby entry in comments. If you wish to advertise your derby entry, please use your signature. You can edit your signature by clicking on "my account," found under your username at the top of the shirt.woot page. In order to have images show in your signature, one must have made at least one purchase at any woot site.}}

bandidoo

Re: Red Hood Riding

Great job!

{{volmod edit: It is inappropriate to advertise your derby entry in comments. If you wish to advertise your derby entry, please use your signature. You can edit your signature by clicking on "my account," found under your username at the top of the shirt.woot page. In order to have images show in your signature, one must have made at least one purchase at any woot site.}}

bandidoo

Re: Red Summer Skies

This is great!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

bandidoo

Re: What's Black and White and Red All Over?

Very cute!

bandidoo

sashimichan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sashimichan
Re: Fly Away Fallen Heart...

I really like this design.

rapelje

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rapelje

It's on a red shirt. Isn't that sufficient for this theme?
re: "Your design MUST be either on a red (yes, Cranberry counts as red) shirt OR use only red ink."

It's not my entry and I don't know the artist, it just seems that the reject was out of line.