bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs
laggyg wrote:If you missed it, he had a brief moment of glory in the fog...but has since been booted back out...bummer =(

If this can gather enough momentum somehow to burst past the other contenders and print in this round that would be awesome, but if not...here's to hoping for an HM for round 2 in the next Double Take...and if all else fails there's always EC! =)

Best of luck, Solo!

whats EC?

theemarcos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theemarcos
Re: Solo Solo

Got my vote

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: Red Axe vs Red Star

This has awesome all over it.

CVBrennan

Re: Dropin' Bombs!

I sort of wish there was just one big bomb... or is that too inappropriate?

CVBrennan

Re: Surprise Attack

Art is controversial. Way to go tickle me Sith.

CVBrennan

Re: Red Hood Riding

i like the boobies

taylertot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot
zombiegenocide wrote:I am confused by it being a girl. If it was a male, then I would have voted for it, but it doesn't make sense that a girl would pretend to be Rudolph (a boy) by just painting her nose.

Haha. That is a boy reindeer. Reindeer really like to dawn the hoopy apparel.

taylertot

taylertot wrote:Haha. That is a boy reindeer. Reindeer really like to dawn the hoopy apparel.

...whoa, that was an odd censor...

taylertot

taylertot wrote:Haha. That is a boy reindeer. Reindeer really like to dawn the hoopy apparel.

don*

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Firefish

Woo hoo; go fish!

7anya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 7anya
Re: Strawberry Milk

This is fantastic! Looks so... 'real'!

taylertot

Re: Too lazy to crow

I feel this shirt isn't doing as well as it should be. It's a lot better than a lot of the shirts above it.

taylertot

Re: My Evil Siamese Twin

Pretty awesome, kiddo!

aemely

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aemely

Beautiful design...

By the way, you can see some more art at:

http://grrlmarvel.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/GRRLMARVEL

gunner305

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunner305
Re: Red Moon

This is awesome, voting for it and definitely buying it if it wins

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight

I love that you give us an insight into the development. True art as always from the two of you (Im always jealous of your talents) and probably the only reason that Id buy another "red" shirt. +1

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Fire Fox 2.0

Too bad this wasn't submitted earlier. I think this would have had a great shot at fogging if people saw it right away and had more time to vote.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
bennydougs wrote:whats EC?

Editor's Choice.

Sometimes the powers-that-be behind Woot will pick a few derby "losers" to print simply because they like it so much. Usually happens right after a Double-Take derby which contain past honorable mentions for folks to vote on.

scekk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scekk

All reindeer are "girly." For years, I thought "Bambi" was a girl. Do you know any men named Bambi? I don't.

hankescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankescu

Submarine = Yes

moronbrigade

quality posts: 23 Private Messages moronbrigade
ferrettile wrote:Damn, I really like it

Honestly im deeply saddened that this got rejected. This one is my personal faviorte in the Derby! I even would have waited until midnight to try to be the first sucker if it did make it to the fog and won.

Seize the Opportunity.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: The Count Counts

Dang. This isn't catching fire but the elmo sith is kicking butt. There is no justice.

shellstars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellstars
Re: Flames of the Phoenix

Both this design and V2 will be available at RedBubble after the Derby is finished The link to is in my sig below.

~ shells

DA: qmab.deviantart.com
Red Bubble: redbubble.com/people/teeshell

shellstars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellstars
Re: Flames of the Phoenix V2

Both this design and the original will be available at RedBubble after the Derby is finished The link is in my sig below.

~ shells

DA: qmab.deviantart.com
Red Bubble: redbubble.com/people/teeshell

hoxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoxe

I always love reading about your back and forth artist banter, a view into the minds of the draxdebris collab can be an amazing/scary thing.

hoxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoxe
renouxa wrote:I'm curious Tjost, are you still Woot staff? I thought I saw you make a comment once about not being able to enter derbies because you were staff now. It's for the better (though I appreciated your help and comments as a woot staffer), since your entries are so awesome

As jost mentioned, that is the other 'T' mister gentry. And losing his submissions was a big loss to the woot derby

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs
thewronggrape wrote:Editor's Choice.

Sometimes the powers-that-be behind Woot will pick a few derby "losers" to print simply because they like it so much. Usually happens right after a Double-Take derby which contain past honorable mentions for folks to vote on.

ahh gotcha! Thank you kindly.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: Too lazy to crow

Thanks guys!
This one seemed to be a bit of a slow burn, it's doing OK though. I'm in to learn at the moment, winning is still a ways off I feel.
Appreciate the props!!

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
rock87 wrote:So you say they had stolen your work?, sorry but checking the amount of awards in their webpage and the quality and amount of images they sell in different places its hard for me to believe they copy your work and not the other way. Have you checked their prints and decals in places like dreamstime, etsy or veer?, you can click on links at right in their webpage and see all their products, they have like one thousand images in each place and all are in the same style, so they copy everything to you?. Is there some way to see your work online?, the store you talk about maybe?.

The styles are similar in some instances. That could be due to having shared inspiration, as many artists look to older art for ideas and to help develop their own style. Look at how common Art Nouveau elements are even today for one example.

That said, accusing an artist of ripping off another's work (as noted before) is a big deal. If you feel you have evidence, use the Tattle button above the image and report it to Woot directly.

As far as this image goes, there's definitely something hinky going on, but I don't know whose art came first. I hope it's grrlmarvel as I've always liked Rachel's work, but ultimately that's Woot's decision.

GMV in the meantime!

rnma100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnma100
Re: It Was Them All Along

Love it, hope it prints! And if someone asks about the shirt, the title is all you need to answer!

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
Re: REDS'KINI

Thanks to everyone for all the compliments and feedback!

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
Re: Blood Sugar Sex (Red)Magic

Thanks to everyone for the compliments and feedback =D

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Red Summer Skies

Love the flow and movement, especially of the dragon.

Vote!

cavyspirit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cavyspirit
blinddog3d wrote:Smudge, blend, make transparent, ...do anything you want to it to get it where you want. Copy and paste that layer to a new window. In "Image/Mode" convert it to "grayscale," but make the spot colors Black and white, before you do. Then, convert to "Image/Mode/Bit Map." It will prompt you for "halftone screen" specs. Choose "30 lines per inch" or a smaller number (30 or less), choose lines or dots, and then convert it back to grayscale.

Duplicate the layer and delete the locked layer. Then covert it to RGB mode and then "color select" the opposite color of what you want to keep and delete it (Black if you want to keep white or Vise versa). Select/inverse select and adjust brightness & contrast to 100%. While still selected, use a large brush to color it to the desired color. Select all and cut and paste it back into your artwork, then align it. Done.

Walmazan has posted a detailed video of the entire process and I found it quite helpful. He's a real genius at this stuff and makes it look so easy. But, if you have any questions, feel free to email me @ blinddog3d@hotmail.com

I hope this helped.
BlindDog3D

Wow X3 Thanks! I'll try and do all that now :3

cavyspirit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cavyspirit
loopyhorse wrote:Cute! especially after seeing Rio, I'd definitely get one for my girls

X3 Thanks! Rio was definitely an awesome movie! :3 After seeing it, I just started loving the beauty of macaws ^w^

scruz78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scruz78
BootsBoots wrote:Zebra With a Sunburn. Or a newspaper. It's a punchline!

Love it dearest

jimmytime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmytime

Love it

Re: Red Shirts

aksthomp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aksthomp
blinddog3d wrote:Wow! How can you see all that? I absolutely hate that lil' forker, but the design looks damn good on the shirt. So I cast my vote in your general direction.
+1
BlindDog3D

Thanks Y'all... I just wish I had thought of it sooner instead of goofing around with the other stuff (and beating my head against a wall over the "melons" shirt)!

aksthomp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aksthomp
jmig wrote:I want this shirt!

Thanks!

devioustinky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devioustinky
Re: Awesome idea!! I love strawberries...the mummy preserved is super cute! I'd buy this t-shirt! ;) Posted on my facebook...hope you win! Preserved